Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Large Rat

Default Screen flashes to dark purple while hunting inside unrest...?

Hey all, so my graphics repeatedly go all screwy whenever I start to hunt within the castle inside unrest. They're fine when I stay outside, but as soon I go inside and look roughly northwest, the screen will flash to dark purple and stay that way until I move my character a little and it goes back to normal. The only fix for this is completely logging out of EQ and entering again, but before long the flashing is back. I'm running a GeForce 9800 GT, and wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I've talked to people in game and they've had similar problems.

As a ranger who attempts to pull, it makes it very difficult when I cant see the hallway I'm running down. Any suggestions, let me know! Thanks guys.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

quick and simple : your graphic card is too weak to display an 1999 game . you should improve the card and buy a newer one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

nop seriously , i do have problems too in unrest . i do have mapping problems so i cant see the north western wall (at yard) sometimes while moving . i use a gt 8800 so i think its nvidea bug/stuff . my old ge44200ti dont has any probs so far ..
Old 06-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Project Manager

I use 2 evga nvidia 9600gt SLI, and do not have this problem.

Can you screenshot it next time it happens?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinaltin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quick and simple : your graphic card is too weak to display an 1999 game . you should improve the card and buy a newer one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

nop seriously , i do have problems too in unrest . i do have mapping problems so i cant see the north western wall (at yard) sometimes while moving . i use a gt 8800 so i think its nvidea bug/stuff . my old ge44200ti dont has any probs so far ..
I'm using an 8800GTX with no probs in Unrest, what driver are you using?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

8.15.11.8593 i know its a lil older ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Large Rat

Running 8.17.11.9745 here, though doing an update to 197.45. Will see how that goes. Will post a pic if the problem persists.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Thats the dreaded "north bug" that haunted the EQ client for several years after they introduced the DX9 client. Only logging out and in fixes it. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh god west bug..

yea from what I heard it mostly affected AMD Processors.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 06-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, turns out I did already have the most updated drivers, and coincidentally I do have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+. Been looking to get rid of it as I've had endless problems with a handful of games on it. Guess this just adds fuel to the fire.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll suffer through it, and stay focused on outside zones until I upgrade.

-Kelim
Old 06-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Sarnak

btw i do use an amd too ... so there we go then . amd + nvidia + eq = epic "northwest bug" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]