Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Aviak

Default Are you using Ventrillo for P99?

I've gotten very used to using vent for MMO's and other games over the last several years, but wow, I really dislike it intensely for EQ. It pops me right out of the immersion I always felt with this particular game.

I guess I can see it for raids, etc, but even then, it just takes away so much of the flavor that comes with text chat in game...in fact, its part of the game play mechanics imo.

Anyone else see it this way or have you been using Vent so long now that its just part of it? Just curious.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Aviak

hate it.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Orc

I actually worked out a while ago that I like people much more without vent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

With vent, it's far too easy for poeple to go off, or say stupid things because there is no effort, it's the press of one button. If they actually have to type it out, it's more effort and they generally skip half the crap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Vents fine for very small teams, but with a whole raid on it it gets annoying fast.

Who needs Vent for EQ anyway? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Large Bat

I use vent for P99. I use it for everything else so figured why not. It's not like the stuff I say there is a carbon copy of what I'd say in group chat, since I play with friends I talk to them about whatever the topic at hand happens to be as well as EQ things.

Besides, people yelling 'hepl hepl'! or 'omg, run!' in vent is just hilarious.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldiin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vents fine for very small teams, but with a whole raid on it it gets annoying fast.

Who needs Vent for EQ anyway? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The trick is to have only the raid leaders speak and have the rest listen.
It's not that difficult if your people listen to directions.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

vent is useful, i dont mind typin but when im pulling....typing takes too much effort and can lead to mistakes. id much rather be able to say "dont assist off me, pulling and rooting adds away from group" instead of trying to type it and people not reading it due to being focused
Closed Thread