Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Default What can cause spell and chat lag?

Just curious what can cause this. I am pretty sure it's on my side of things.

I have ran antivirus programs, I am not running anything behind the game, etc., but every day for the last week or so, I get this crazy spell/chat lag. it's intermittent.

It will hit for an hour or so, then just disappear, and might come back later on too. Anyone ever have this issue, and figured out what was causing it for them?
Old 12-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

hmm.. what processes do you run along with EQ? A scheduled scan going at X o'clock daily? Bring up task manager and start dumping out of stuff u dont need like a finger print server process, open browsers, adobe stuffs, or whatever u have running in back ground. I mean, unless you're hitting some real shady websites u dont even need anti virus on either.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

I know it sounds silly, but are you 100% sure that the window isn't scrolled up? Sometimes I would wonder this same thing as well, and fixed it by just scrolling to the end.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it sounds silly, but are you 100% sure that the window isn't scrolled up? Sometimes I would wonder this same thing as well, and fixed it by just scrolling to the end.
Yeah I remember doing that before, nope I get spell lag and chat lag periodically, it's not scrolled text.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm.. what processes do you run along with EQ? A scheduled scan going at X o'clock daily? Bring up task manager and start dumping out of stuff u dont need like a finger print server process, open browsers, adobe stuffs, or whatever u have running in back ground. I mean, unless you're hitting some real shady websites u dont even need anti virus on either.
Yeah, I will check this out too thanks, I bet I got crap running that really I have no reason to have on.
Closed Thread