Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Large Bat

Default log parser

Sorry if this is dumb, i did a search function, and could specifically find the answer.
Is it ok to use a 3rd party log parse for hps/dps reason?
Old 05-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Fire Giant

Yes. As long as the parser doesn't interact with the client and/or perform actions automatically, it's legal.

GINA and GamParse are used by most raiders and are amazing tools to have.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Large Bat

i appreciate the quick response sir.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

In addition, using a program such as GamTextTriggers is acceptable and is a must-have for Enchanters who need to know the exact duration of buffs on raids/groups and mez durations. If your clever you can setup the triggers to notify you of certain things happening in game. (See mobs casting spells)
Old 05-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In addition, using a program such as GamTextTriggers is acceptable and is a must-have for Enchanters who need to know the exact duration of buffs on raids/groups and mez durations. If your clever you can setup the triggers to notify you of certain things happening in game. (See mobs casting spells)
Gina basically does the same thing as this right? Gina is also boss for searching logs
Old 05-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Im not sure as I never used Gina, but GTT has worked wonders for me. Especially last year when they patched out spell durations across the board so you never know when your SoW is going to run out. I like to get more complicated with my parser though. For instance, I know on GTT you can have text to speech commands audibles on useful things like charm has broke, or since I used to play Elite Dangerous all the time, " Commander, you are bound to <zone name>". or "You are about to appear" , and "You are visible".

By far the most useful thing about GTT is not only audibles but custom sounds for triggers. When I camped Vessel Drozlin for my epic, I knew he buffed himself upon spawning, so when I was asleep while my character was parked at his spawn, I setup a trigger for a parse of "Vessel Drozlin begins to" And it would play this sound on a separate speaker in my room, waking me up lol https://youtu.be/cOy6hqzfsAs