Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 04:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Ahhh, feels good to be back!

Hello all, pretty excited to say that I finally have the opportunity to dedicate the time I would like to p1999! Once upon a time I was a Halfling Druid going by the name of Hurril (and Xexoi the SK) on the Mithaniel Marr server, and in advance I'd like to apologize for that. See...I was the ripe age of 10 when this amazing game was released, so I can only imagine the frustration of some of the people I met along the way as I matured and learned as I went along [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I did make a second run at the game when I was a bit older, but was not a fan of some of the changes and ultimately stopped playing.

Anyway, after bouncing around MMO after MMO for awhile I knew I wanted to jump into p1999 and sadly failed to recruit any friends to the server at all. I can't be to mad, these guys grew up on the newer gen MMO model and find grinding to be tedious. I guess I am the weirdo that would rather work with a group to hold a tough camp than run around and grab 8 spider legs and 4 bird talons...

Atm I am still deciding between classes, but I know I am aiming for tank/healer because I love the grouping aspect of p1999. If I could pick any class period I would role back with the SK as I love, love, LOVED playing the Iksar SK. Due to the XP restrictions (I know it is relaxed soon) and being much more gear dependent, realistically I am assuming I will end up either a Druid or a Cleric as they are more manageable 1st chars.

As of now Hurril the Wood Elf Druid has been created and I am looking forward to beginning this epic journey once again as a hardened veteran.

See you all around!
Old 07-22-2015, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back to classic EverQuest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Definitely toy around with a few classes and see which one you get a feel for. Never hurts to have a druid on the side to make some platinum with as a porter if you do decide you want to go SK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In no way to influence your decision but something to be aware of. There's going to be a lot of competition for that tank slot when the hybrid penalty gets removed. A lot of people are waiting to level one after it's gone... I'd assume a dps or healer class would be better in that situation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2015, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah Welcome Back also. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Yep you are allowed to have more than one toon. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Banned

Welcome to the server!

Swing by my shop in the back of EC Tunnel for your complimentary slice of Birthday Cake to commemorate your arrival into our little slice of the internet.

Signed,
your Greengrocer
Old 07-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Welcome back to Norrath!

The beginning is hard whatever class you choose. Honestly, it's the journey that's important and the people you meet along the way. There are a lot of very cool people and guides on this server that are going to help you along the way.

So, pick the race/class that you love to play and have fun!
Old 07-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Bahhh, see I always know in my heart I will want to come back to the SK so I might as well start off with it and take my lumps I guess.

Is there any idea how early into Velious where hybrid penalty is removed? And can Iksars wear plate right away or is that also a later patch?
Old 07-24-2015, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

Iksar cannot currently wear plate. The penalty also still exists until about a month into velious. The one month hybrid penalty removal is what I heard while in game, though. Not sure when it actually is being removed.

Also, welcome back! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]