Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

Default Two Rule Questions

For p99 Blue(non-beta):
I have two rule questions that I would like answers to. They revolve around two players having many accounts and connecting from two ISPs within the same house. I've tried to be as exact as possible.

Reading the rules, I see the following things defined which relate to this:
  1. Players are allowed to have multiple login accounts associated with one eqemu/p99 forum account.
  2. Account sharing is strongly discouraged. If one person does something wrong on the account, everyone who uses it is held responsible. However, it is not against the rules and won't result in a suspension/ban if everyone behaves.
  3. On p99 blue(non-beta) 2-boxing is not allowed under any circumstances.
  4. If players attempt to login two accounts behind the same IP, the server will prevent this. If two players want to play from the same IP address, they need to file for an IP exemption.

1) If two real-life players are playing from different IPs, but in the same house is this allowed and do you have to request an IP exemption? I understand that technologically it should be possible to log in, but I'm addressing rules. Specifically, if the two RL players are on two different computers and using two different ISPs, but within the same house.

If 1) is allowed and no IP exception need be applied for:

2) Assuming account owners are willing to accept the risk due to account sharing, are they allowed to share any and all of their accounts with the RL friend playing and can they log in to any two accounts at the same time? Specifically, if two people are playing on two different ISPs within the same house, are they allowed to share any/all accounts with one another without restriction? (e.g. There are 4 accounts between them, and each can choose to play any one account, just as long as it isn't the same account the other player is using).

Again, this applies to the case where the players are playing from two different ISPs.

In my opinion, looking at the rules, no IP exemption would need to be requested and users would be free to share accounts at will. The same as any other two players. If 2-boxing was suspected, they would be investigated like anyone else and punished accordingly.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks,
Yumaky
Old 05-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

if you are trying to box by using seperate ISP's (tether to phone or something) you will be caught. If you legitimately have a roommate/family/friend that plays at your house post in the petition section of the forums with 1) both account names with at least 1 character on each 2) RL name of each individual and relation. If you want to share your accounts then you shouldn't expect reimbursement if items or plat get stolen. You cannot have 1 individual log both accounts on seperate computers with an IP exemption. If you do, get ready to run the GM test.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

So if you are at different IPs, then you shouldn't have any problem. But remain aware of the NO BOXING rule and do not ever attempt it.

The rule regarding no account sharing is mostly targeted at guilds that share one account between many people. The staff strongly discourages this, but you and your friend should be ok.

Welcome to the server! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just don't two-box ever, and have fun!

-Catt

p.s. Remember not to box.

(also, no boxing)
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Though I boxed on live, I agree and support the no-boxing rule on p99. I am not trying to box, period. I know I can't prove this, so lets move along...time will tell.

If you have two players playing on one IP and you have 4 accounts, you can not get IP exceptions for all the accounts if you plan to share them. My girlfriend and I can't play accounts A, B, C, D on the same IP. Hence why I'm asking about multiple ISPs. I disagree with this policy, but I'd rather try to look for solutions in this thread.

Thanks,
Yumaky
Old 05-19-2015, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Thanks Thana, that's what I was interpreting. Hopefully I can get a guide/GM to confirm this so that I don't waste RL time/money and game time only to get banned later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I've been on server for few months, but girlfriend is brand new to p99 and gaming which is why this is coming up now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Thanks again,
Yumaky
Last edited by delfi; 05-19-2015 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Used my real name for some reason...
Old 05-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so that I don't waste RL time/money and game time only to get banned later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
ehhh.. what? Money? I guess that's one way to prove you're not gonna RMT or multibox.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe he's getting Titanium from a reputable internet retailer... seems like a stretch though.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Lol let's cut this guy a break. I think he miss-typed the real life money thing, at least I hope he did. I have wondered the same thing. Can I use my lvl60 druid to plvl my alt from the same house/ip address IF MY REAL LIFE FRIEND is playing my alt 100% of the gaming sesh? Or is he only allowed to use one of his characters technically?

Obviously, It would require an IP exemption of my 2 accounts. But after reading the rules above, it seems like it should be allowed...
Old 05-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

Or maybe he is planning on donating?

NO RMT OR BOXING. I am sure he knows now if he didn't before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

I don't see how this situation is a problem. If a player has 2 ISP (paying for or otherwise) then he and his friend /wife/ girlfriend/family can log in as long as their is 2 different account logging in.

example: I know a few people who have cable internet account and also have a dialup / DSL account as back up. lots of my gamer friends do not like too use phone tethering as back due to poor connection by cell phone in my town.

As always DO NOT EVER TWO BOX. lots of folks here watch others play and if they see even a single toon following another on auto follow they DO report it. You will get the GM/GUIDES to show up and ask you to do whatever test they do to make sure you are not two boxing.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 05-19-2015 at 10:31 PM..
Closed Thread