Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Kobold

Default Concerned Newbie Erudite Cleric

Hello all,

I've started a Erudite cleric as my first toon on P99. I haven't played EQ in a long time so it's safe to say I am once again a newb, but the prospect of P99 has me excited to play once again.

On most of the forums Erudite clerics are hardly mentioned. Everybody seems to lean toward the elves and halflings by the looks of it. Is there any reason I should not go with a Erudite, or are they just not a popular race for aesthetic reasons??

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

I think their main downfall is their location, a lot of people gravitate towards the EC area or over on Faydwer - so anything Qeynos/Erudin gets put back in the pecking order.

My red cleric is a CT worshipping erudite starting in Paineel, leveled fine locally and got a port from Tox to EC when I was finished there. Currently 51 and loving life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They have decent starting wisdom, perhaps lacking a little in stamina/agility etc but if you wanted overall stats you'd probably go dwarf (str/sta)/halfling (quicker to level up).
Old 05-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by serjordanmormont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are they just not a popular race for aesthetic reasons??
Racist!
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 05-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

You have chosen well. Stick with it.

Once you go dite, nothing else feels right.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think their main downfall is their location, a lot of people gravitate towards the EC area or over on Faydwer - so anything Qeynos/Erudin gets put back in the pecking order.

My red cleric is a CT worshipping erudite starting in Paineel, leveled fine locally and got a port from Tox to EC when I was finished there. Currently 51 and loving life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They have decent starting wisdom, perhaps lacking a little in stamina/agility etc but if you wanted overall stats you'd probably go dwarf (str/sta)/halfling (quicker to level up).
Hello Swish,

Thanks so much for the reply!

The location doesn't bother me, it was more the stats/armor I'm worried about. I went with Quellious as my deity of choice. A friend is pushing me to go High Elf as he said he thinks that they have an easier time with their epic quests. I was also wondering about lack of str being an issue being a plate wearer. Any thoughts on that?

I'm really not interested in a dwarf/halfling although I recognize they are better stat wise.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racist!
Wouldn't it be more racist to not play one due to aesthetic reasons? I like the Erudites, that's why I picked one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have chosen well. Stick with it.

Once you go dite, nothing else feels right.
LMAO... amazing!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Combined base sta/wis by race:
Dwarf: 188
High elf: 175
Halfling: 170
Erudite: 168
Human: 165
Dark elf: 163
Gnome: 152

plus the 30 creation points.

Erudite is a fine choice though. Did you go Cazic Thule for the cool quests? Also Paineel is such a unique and interesting city. When teams server releases I might go erudite!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Kobold

Actually I went with Quellious because I thought the lore was interesting & wanted to avoid being hated everywhere. I didn't realize CT had cool quests.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

You'd be surprised how many places accept a CT cleric. I've been able to go into Felwithe, North Freeport, Kelethin...among other places without being kos.

Not as evil as a dark elf inny cleric...apparently [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread