Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Aviak

Default Rogue Twink gear?

Hello Guys..

Im looking to gear up a Rogue.. first I was up to a Monk but Monks exists like sand on the beach :-/

Now I have the luxus Problem that I DONT want to look like a parrot..my god so many Rogues look like a bad drug trip...

So for example, I like the ravenscale look, its dark, all I want :-) But..from what I see the armor stats are not that great campared to others like Mithril for example..is it possible to stay alive solo with ravenscale (epic I will get of course) or is there another dark armor for rogue buyable and worth it to lvl up with it? (Myroklars will be too expensive I guess).

or in general, what would be good twink gear? Dwarfen Work Boots..epic...maybe edge of the nightwalker..but for the armor like BP, Arms, legs, hands..I have no idea :-/

Another question: it will be a woodelf rogue....yeah I know not the best choice but it must be a woodelf :-) how do I spend my points? all into strengh and 75 STA at least?
Old 05-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Fungi + Epic + Seb dirk or EoN. A 150 bow and 150 arrows. Good till 52 with that.

Mithril Arms, Mithril Legs. 5 55s for rings. Diamondine earrings or the JC 4 str 2 ints. Dwarven Work Boots till Planar. Most necks kinda suck.
Fiery might gaunts or Gauntlets of Potence. Hero bracers if you can use. Granite Bracer. Ravenscale mask is great if you don't wanna go crazy.
Bunch of options for hats, depending on what graphics you can stand. Thick Banded Belt... Hooded Black Cloak.

Basically you want you 183 STR, as that'll cap your strength with the highest shaman buff. Go for HP / Sta after that.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-05-2015 at 09:06 PM..
Old 05-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

As far as dark armors go.. there's really nothing with decent stats excluding Dark Scale Greaves and the Ravenscale BP. If you want to solo effectively, a fungi is a must, which is why I recommend a lot of white colored stuff. And doesn't hurt that their stats are pretty much the best you can get from EC.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Aviak

I have Djarns ring + 55 ring, hooded cloak, essence+diamondine earring, dragon bone and hardened clay bracer, mask of wurms, froggy crown and resist neck so far..the rest like azure sleeves was for monk, like everything else but the stuff above can used by rogues too..
So I would miss TBB, Potence Gaunts, mithril Vambracers, Dwarfen Boots..and the ravenscale...hm..I doubt I can get me a Fungi after buying Epic and a offhand..mh but wanna group most of the time anyway.

thanks for the ideas
Old 05-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Swap that mask of wurms for ravenscale mask unless you plan to buy a fingerbone hoop. I wouldn't go without see invis on rogue, it's really annoying when you can't see yourself when hiding (at least to me).

I prefer Seb croaking dirk over EoN, and as a side bonus it is much cheaper.

Ravenscale shoulders are pretty nice for that slot since we can't wear IGS anymore.

Crested Helm is probably the best looking, but I went with blackened iron crown on mine for the stats.

Mrylokar's bracer and vambs can be useful once you hit 46+.

A well geared rogue is going to look mismatched until planar/Mrylokar. I've gotten over it.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Aviak

the thing is, I dont like the dagger look besides epic...too damn tiny, if there would be daggers that have the size of the Ragebringer..I would take one and never look back! And Swords are often way to big for my picture of a Rogue/Thief Style Char. So I came to EoN because of the Katana Style.

For head I think I will stick to Froggy Crown, no look at all, thats fine. Now all I want is dark looking armor on Chest, Hands, legs and maybe feet, what are the dwarfen boots look like?
Old 05-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the thing is, I dont like the dagger look besides epic...too damn tiny, if there would be daggers that have the size of the Ragebringer..I would take one and never look back! And Swords are often way to big for my picture of a Rogue/Thief Style Char. So I came to EoN because of the Katana Style.

For head I think I will stick to Froggy Crown, no look at all, thats fine. Now all I want is dark looking armor on Chest, Hands, legs and maybe feet, what are the dwarfen boots look like?
Dwarven boots are light colored chain. You're not losing much in the way of stats if you go with Mrylokar or ravenscale boots. Ravenscale chest and dark scale greaves are probably your best bets for those slots.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Aviak

Alright..sounds good!

What about Iksar Ceremonial BP ? soneone told me it looks dark too and the +5 regen could help if I dont have a fungi maybe?

and one question about starting stats I have left too..strengh is the way to go but is there a breakpoint for stamina like there is for 75 agi it was I believe? For Woodelf that would mean 10 into Sta and 15 into strengh..or just everything into strengh?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright..sounds good!

What about Iksar Ceremonial BP ? soneone told me it looks dark too and the +5 regen could help if I dont have a fungi maybe?

and one question about starting stats I have left too..strengh is the way to go but is there a breakpoint for stamina like there is for 75 agi it was I believe? For Woodelf that would mean 10 into Sta and 15 into strengh..or just everything into strengh?
Yeah it's dark grey chain, will be a noticeable improvement in hp recovery after you eat a few hits with your epic agro.

I'd probably go full strength on a wood elf personally. There isn't a breakpoint for stam that I know of.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Red or blue?
Closed Thread