Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

Question Market for new Cultural, post 10/8/13 patch?

I'm a Dwarven Cleric of Brell Serilis who has driven himself to near-ruin in 4 ways: Drinking, Wenching, More Drinking, and Smithing. When I rolled my Cleric, I figured Smithing was a good match for him, as Dwarven Cultural is some of the best in the game, and I can bless my own rubies. I did not, however, take into account the changes to the Enchant Metal spells on...That Day. Each Lg. Brick of Brellium now costs the purchase price of the Lg. Brick of Brellium, a tip for the Chanter, AND the 400-500p for the Jacinth. It takes 3 Lg. Bricks to make 1 Block, and it takes a block to make a Folded Sheet of Brellium. Each plate piece requires 1-3 Enchanted Folded Brellium Sheets, plus the Enchanted Jointing, which is 1/2 of a Lg. Brick.

My question is, with the sizable increase in cost to make enchanted cultural, is it still worth making to sell to other players at a profit? I've done the math for an Enchanted, Non-Imbued Dwarven Breastplate, which sells for 4k, according to the Wiki, and if you made 2 to sell, the cost of the Jacinths alone will run you ~7600p. Throw in the cost of the Brellium itself, the mats for the temper (or the temper, itself), the leather padding, and a tip for the chanter, and you'd be lucky to break even if you made and sold 2. You'd pretty much take a guaranteed loss if you made and sold only one. Of course, you could farm the Jacinths yourself, but once you have them, why not just sell them outright at 400p of pure profit each, without having to level a tradeskill, OR deal with costly failures, guaranteed to crit you right in the wallet? Of course, you could throw an Imbued Ruby into the recipe, which will increase the sale value by 50% for peanuts, but doing so greatly increases the triv, and therefor, failure rate.

What do you guys think? From a profit perspective, is it worth it to make and sell suits of Enchanted Cultural Armor, post patch, or are only the ones made for much cheaper, prior to the patch worth dealing in?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

A lot of those being sold and traded around were probably made before "that" patch.

That being said, some of that cultural crafted armor is BiS for many class/race/diety combos. It would be worth it to make it for yourself, a friend, a guildmate, but not to sell for profit.

imo anyways =)
Old 05-05-2014, 12:31 AM
Orc

Not really, there's such a saturation of pre-patch Dwarven Cultural that a BP *can* be sold for 4k, easily.