Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 08:29 AM
Aviak

Default Great job zags

Awesome event! ( even if we did crash a few zones along the way) its great to see events like the gnome race organized. Huge kudos. I hope to see more like it!.

Charmine / Meladee (Black Lotus)
Old 07-13-2020, 10:57 AM
Aviak

Charmine smells.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:42 PM
Banned

Yah it was really great and I had a lot of fun! Too bad I crashed every zone in hehe but was still fun seeing so many people together!
Old 07-13-2020, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

An explanation for suddenly changing the rules for 3rd place in real time would be nice
Old 07-14-2020, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An explanation for suddenly changing the rules for 3rd place in real time would be nice
the explanation was given, there was interference from people at the portal causing 3rd place guy to not be able to be killed by cyndreela due to someone charming her, allowing more people to show up when 3rd place guy otherwise would of already taken 3rd place naturally by dying to her
Old 07-14-2020, 12:10 PM
Aviak

Here is what I posted in the other thread. I apologize there was controversy with the ending, we probably had a few too many people crowded into the room.

The first two racers made it to Cyndreela fine and got aggro and died. At that point one of the bards who was there protecting the raid from other pvpers (of which there were many in the swamp/feerrott) inadvertently got aggro. At this point Giblit ran into the room and was the first gnome to Cyndreela, then a swarm of gnomes ran in. Cyndreela got charmed or feared or something and went walking off. Rather then making the third winner an RNG fest we discussed it and ruled to give it to Giblit, who would've been killed had the bard not gotten aggro.

I personally gave away over 30k of my own currency and a lot of my time to organize this event and put it on. Obviously things weren't perfect, the zone crashes really caused some headaches and delays and in the future the race will have a clearer requirement for winning. The first time we did this race being killed by Cyndreela worked because we didnt have tons of people in the room spectating and interfering. This time the race ended up much bigger then expected.

If anyone would like to see video of the ending to the race to see how far ahead Giblit was, I can get it uploaded.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Makes sense to me, don't know why people can't understand that ;D