Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM
Aviak

Talking 12:45 EST. Quake incoming!

If it was classic I'd totally be excited.Today even though I have time, it just feels like a hampster wheel. I did get my reimbursement from last September this week and I do appreciate that @Menden and @Zistrina. Thanks to all of you who keep the engine running. Elijah is just ready for a new journey. Lol.
Elijamonk - 59.5 Monk
Wardru - 60 Druid
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM
Aviak

Too bad. You'll continue to play on this stagnant, top-heavy server for another three or four years before the server staff decide to do a refresh and you'll like it.
Last edited by Ransurian; Yesterday at 09:21 PM..
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

try out tormax elijah !
Old Today, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try out tormax elijah !
Those TLP servers are yucky. They’re a weird Frankenstein of modern visuals / gameplay / UI elements and mechanics and classic content.
Old Today, 06:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try out tormax elijah !
I played Coirnav in 2018 until Luclin and the same on the 20th Anniversary TLP in 2019. There is fun to be had on live servers. The Quality of life and UI improvements are very nice.

The thing is: All the revamped classic zone layouts, combined with the very real Black Krono Market(just came up with that), it's just not for me anymore. Tormax and Teak both started in Kunark and are halfway to Velious already. I love the original(or close) unlock schedule Rogean and Nilbog came up with here. The journey and the friends/enemies made along the way is the magic of Everquest.
Elijamonk - 59.5 Monk
Wardru - 60 Druid
Old Today, 07:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too bad. You'll continue to play on this stagnant, top-heavy server for another three or four years before the server staff decide to do a refresh and you'll like it.
Or maybe if I don't become cynical and entitled the very real feelings of nostalgia I get will percolate to the Top Brass and dislodge their silent mode!

Even the thought of being back in Norrath fighting to get through High Pass Hold, delving in to Najena in search of Drelzna and her boots, or traversing Dagnor's Cauldron in Patchwork armor and a Rusty Bastard Sword at level 10 with aspirations of ending that day with a Bloodstained Tunic and maybe even level 12!

That's what I miss. That is a good example of what makes all of our old asses including the guys who brought this Project to life think of Everquest. That journey, in the beginning, whether you started in the beta like myself at 13 years old, or began in Kunark or Velious when you were 30, that is why you are here now. That is the magic of Everquest.

I'm 39 now. The other guy would be 55. Norrath, here on Project 1999, brings us back together from all walks and ages of life to a place we remember fondly.

I appreciate all the people who make these servers and I hope I am still around when a new journey finally does begin, even if it is many years and no notice away.
Elijamonk - 59.5 Monk
Wardru - 60 Druid
Old Today, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those TLP servers are yucky. They’re a weird Frankenstein of modern visuals / gameplay / UI elements and mechanics and classic content.
ShUt uP aBoUt NeW FrEePoRt