Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 05-22-2024, 03:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Xegony people?

There are a handful of people from the old Xegony launch crew that would pop up in WoW, Warhammer online, and other MMOs. I think the last person I remember running into was Gwidion, a human Paladin that I believe was in Inner Circle. I think Musashi and Gromphy both continued to play WoW and other MMOs. I met a handful of Xegony people IRL back in Austin back in the early 2000s, Autumnz was Donna, and I can't remember others, other than Moosius. Moosius I actually met and hung out with in real life a bit, playing racquetball a few times.

Anyhow, I used to play as Salerdar Sanctus, a half elf Paladin. Came back around Planes of Power and did that again.

Did the official progression servers a few years back, go to end game and ran into the same frustrations I always had. The powers that shadow ran servers had all the scales earmarked for various people, and if you weren't one, good luck completing your class weapon. I even did a heavily support based class, bard, so I would always be wanted in groups, and did it well. It became the same old, "soandso needs it more" or the value was better for a xxxxxx because this truly represented their "end game weapon", etc. It was the same stuff my Paladin ran up against and he was one of the ones helping to figure out Soulfire and Fiery Avenger back at release.

Anyhow. I swear I've seen the same guy in my local Lowe's wearing an Everquest shirt every few years, and he mentioned he plays on Project 99, so here I am finally.

What's in demand on green and blue? what is the progression of green? I can't find a ton of info on it.
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

Hey there, both blue and green have reached the end of the road. A new server is possible at some point in the future, but we haven't heard a word about it in like 4 years so I wouldn't hold your breath. I also wouldn't worry about the most in-demand classes, all guilds basically have open recruitment. Whatever you enjoy playing enough to get to max level. Bard would be a good choice, it's not gear-dependent and a great solo class. Those are things to consider rolling your first character on a top-heavy server.
Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I was on Xegony. Quit shortly after Omens of War whatever year that was. Ursher 70 monk. I remember Inner Circle. Fun times.
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey there, both blue and green have reached the end of the road. A new server is possible at some point in the future, but we haven't heard a word about it in like 4 years so I wouldn't hold your breath. I also wouldn't worry about the most in-demand classes, all guilds basically have open recruitment. Whatever you enjoy playing enough to get to max level. Bard would be a good choice, it's not gear-dependent and a great solo class. Those are things to consider rolling your first character on a top-heavy server.
Thanks for this. I don't mind the server being kind of stagnated, except from the player count perspective.

Playing Saltex, human bard, currently level 8 on green

Any advice on stuff to improve my char prior to getting money? I can't even kill a will o wisp yet, lol. I remember priority one back in the day was a set of banded armor, but that probably requires a trek to EC.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_digi420 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on Xegony. Quit shortly after Omens of War whatever year that was. Ursher 70 monk. I remember Inner Circle. Fun times.
Iksar right? You didn't play at launch right, more like Kunark timeframe?
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

huhu horde

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green