Planar Protector

Default Prayer Beads - Incorrect Charge #

These should have 5 charges. Not 2.

Evidence:

http://web.archive.org/web/200112171...html?item=2351

Quote:
could be usefull By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sun, May 6th 11:20 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
if the fish corpses from the live fish by the cleric ufo thing work then just have a mule char farm a bunch and when you use all the charges on the prayer beads on your main just destroy the chargeless prayer beads, and turn in a new fish corpse to the person (refer to the quest here for more info) any class could benifit and more or less so a warrior/monk/any other melee class would probably benifit the most, but hey thats 5 healings you get never know what your going to run into and never know what will keep you alive..
Then the nerf post a month later:

Quote:
Charges By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sun, Jun 17th 9:35 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
They only have 2 charges now.
However on our server they should be 5 charges from classic - mid Velious.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Hay daldaen

I found the quest to recharge the beads on eqmac and posted about it in allakazam. On eqmac the beads only had 2 charges.

Eqmac obviously was through pop so that may account for the difference from your information.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 02-27-2014, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Yep. EQMac had an early 2003 code split.

My quote from 5/2001 says it had 5 charges (5months into Velious)
My 2nd quote from 6/2001 says it was nerfed to 6 charges (6months into Velious)

Let's keep it classic here. Come on 5 charge Healing beads.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

would be kick arse if it was 5 chages. if you plan to level in qeynos area those beads realy do help out non healing classes monk, rogue, war.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 02-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Project Manager

Can anyone find anything else at all?

Willing to change it, but would prefer more than 1 post.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

These posts seems to contradict OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7785
The prayer beads you get are nice for low level gifts, and for an immediate heal for emergencies when you can't heal someone in time to save them. Two charges of Healing, but looks like one left after it has been used up.
4-12-2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=547
This quest is easy for and enchanter. Have a friend create a mule charecter and kill the Koalindl fish in the pond next to Enic Ruklin at the Temple of Life, loot it and cast a faction raising spell in Enic to get your faction to amible (only way he'll give up the band) and give him the fish. The prayer beads have 2 charges of healing and the Band of Rodcet Knife is lore +3int +10Mana (NEC's can't equip this sorry)

Orclease
Povar server
9-30-2000

It's possible they were changed to 5 charges at some point and then changed back to 2.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Large Rat

I was going to post that comment from the quest page, but am working and baalzy beat me to it.

Was also going to mention that Alla's equipment list should be taken with a grain of salt at times. Some of the entries are first-hand, but many were submitted by players as they found new items in the game and Alla staff would enter them in the db. So Alla's was sort of acting as a wiki before wikis were cool...thus their list shouldn't be considered entirely authoritative. It is, frequently, all we have to work off of, however.

Based on way I read it, the person with the comment mentioning 5 charges is actually commenting on Alla's item entry, rather than anything from their in-game experience.

Will dig some more, but my interpretation is that the actual item was 2 charges, and the 5 was a typo within Alla.