Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 06-01-2024, 11:17 AM
Large Rat

Default Lvl 36 Monk Upgrade Help

I'm a level 36 monk with about 3500p in bank and looking for help on what I should upgrade next. I mostly solo so I'm thinking I could use gear upgrades.

I'm at 658 AC with 115 STR

I currently have: Wu's Fighting Set pieces... with Black Pantherskin Boots, Tar Goo Strands, Spider Fur Cloak, Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, 2 Orc Fang Earrings, and 2 Platinum Fire Wedding Rings. And currently using a Peacebringer.

Any opinions on my next upgrades?

Or maybe better weight reduction bags? Using Shralok Packs at the moment

I would appreciate any insight from the experienced monks out there.

Thank you!
Old 06-01-2024, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonvibes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a level 36 monk with about 3500p in bank and looking for help on what I should upgrade next. I mostly solo so I'm thinking I could use gear upgrades.

I'm at 658 AC with 115 STR

I currently have: Wu's Fighting Set pieces... with Black Pantherskin Boots, Tar Goo Strands, Spider Fur Cloak, Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, 2 Orc Fang Earrings, and 2 Platinum Fire Wedding Rings. And currently using a Peacebringer.

Any opinions on my next upgrades?

Or maybe better weight reduction bags? Using Shralok Packs at the moment

I would appreciate any insight from the experienced monks out there.

Thank you!
Imbued Fighters Staff would be a good option. Small DPS boost over Peacebringer, and reduces your worn weight by 6. It also has slower delay, which means you are getting riposted less. It's delay is also good for unequipping your weapon between swings to get extra DPS from dual wield if you want to do that.
Old 06-01-2024, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Swapping Peacebringer for IFS is a good callout, as the weight will start to matter around 45 or so. Another thought is to pick up a tink bag or 2. There may also be a few slots for you to pick up HP / STA. That's the stat to stack imho as you double dip with Mend and BW.

You can also just not sweat it and save all your plat for epic MQs. Your gear is good enough to get you 50+ no problem. Just grind.
Old 06-01-2024, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

JBoots, because base run speed is cancer.

kinda funny Monks gotta spend about 5k to "upgrade" from Peacebringer to lose 6 pounds of weight and see a so-mild-it's-irrelevant DPS boost.
Old 06-01-2024, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can also just not sweat it and save all your plat for epic MQs. Your gear is good enough to get you 50+ no problem. Just grind.
This works too. Peacebringer and SCHW is already above average DPS. Don't necessarily need more upgrades to level unless you start getting stuck. Epic is a bigger boost to DPS in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JBoots, because base run speed is cancer.
Good point. I had just assumed OP had them for some reason. JBoots is a great option.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-01-2024 at 11:54 PM..
Old 06-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

I’d probably start banking for a spiked seahorse belt. An IFS would be nice but the PB is serviceable and is a tad better at 60; I’d go jboots before that. Maybe even saving up for some KC and Chardok pipe MQ’s.
Old 06-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

IFS --> spiked horsey belt

that belt should have come down in price by now i would think...its basically like entry level haste now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.