Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Large Bat

Question Erudite Cleric (Cazic Thule)

So, I'm just getting started with P99, and I'm pretty excited to be reliving EQ. I've actually been playing live, off and on, the past few years. I try other games, but heck, I keep coming back to EQ. Love it.

I played a healing druid years ago on WoW, and really enjoyed it, before they changed the game mechanics and suxx0rd up the healing. Came back after a major expansion had come out, and logged on like a month later to play. I wiped the group 5 times and got kicked out. I immediately logged out, canceled my account, and I've never gone back. And in EQ live, I just didn't want to play a cleric. But, I thought I'd try it here. I also like to try odd combinations of class/race/deity in games, and I have always had a thing for Erudites. Hence the CT Erudite Cleric.

Since it's been years since I've really had to worry about factions, deities, and hostile zones, I'm curious if I can get some advice. I'm someone who actually enjoys the paineel starting area, and plan to level to 3 or 4 or even 5 and then head to toxula and get a few levels. What should I be doing after that? Being CT deity, can someone tell me what zones will be safe, and what zones I probably should avoid? Is Kunark a good idea? Any particular early level quests I can do for gear?

I'd love to hear any helpful advice.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Well, you're evil, so you'll generally be hated by a lot of good towns (or parts of good towns). But I'm not sure the evil trifecta of ogres/trolls/dark elves are friendly with evil erudites. So if you want to try out Oggok/Grobb/Neriak, you should do so, with extreme caution (con every NPC, get a feel for which factions are OK with you and which are not). You should definitely be OK to go into the evil parts of Qeynos (the aqueducts) and Freeport (the caves/sewers/slums), but caution there still wouldn't hurt. Some factions in Erudin might tolerate you but others will not. In Kunark, avoid Cabilis (obviously); Firiona Vie probably hates you and Overthere might tolerate you.

So basically, just be careful and get a sense of what your status is in various cities by conning people. You'll be in a grey area with a lot of cities. Don't think just because the guards tolerate you that there won't be KoS factions in a city. You can do faction work if you're careful.

You're not really going to find much grouping on Odus. What I would do is hit 4, get your spells, and go to Qeynos (get a port or, if you're ballsy and willing to spend a much longer time traveling, try to make the run through Erudin to the boat). Then you can group in Blackburrow and bank/etc. in the aqueduct. You may or may not be able to do the gnoll fang quest for great EXP and for faction. Once you're too high for Blackburrow, Unrest would be a good choice, although I'm not sure who would tolerate you on Faydwer. Kunark would be an option later on but you need to figure out your status in OT and FV (probably OT is your best bet for friendly NPCs).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Large Bat

Estu,

That's some great information, and I appreciate your time.

I'm curious if anyone else has also played a CT Erudite, and can maybe give some details as to where I can safely travel. It also sounds like maybe even some of the evil areas maybe tough at times. Is there a way to improve faction with the evil races easily? Suggestions along that way?

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

My Bertox gnome is safe in Neriak, but there are some wandering inkies that like to attack. Seems mostly the int caster guild. Can bank and stuff without issue. Probably similar for evil erudites.

EDIT: Oh and I'm fine in good cities, too. Some KoS NPCs in a few, but ran into absolutely no issues in Kelethin, Kaladim and Freeport.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Do your quest for undead fear clickie then get off odus asap. Staying there until level 5 for new spells will be a pain as a new player.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do your quest for undead fear clickie then get off odus asap. Staying there until level 5 for new spells will be a pain as a new player.
Uhh...can you link to this quest so I know which one to do? It sounds cool.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmonkey20 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhh...can you link to this quest so I know which one to do? It sounds cool.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Cazic_Thule_Symbol_Quests
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 05-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Large Bat

So, I got that clicky and found a ride out of that place. Now I'm in nektulous forrest. Much better, and I can find groups now! So far this has been excellent, and really brings back the nostalgia. I'm level 7, and happier than I would be on live. With the time I've put in so far, I'd probably be close to 30 by now on live, but this is way more fun.

Thanks!
Venerable
Level 7, Cazic Thule Erudite Cleric =)
Old 05-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Large Bat

Ok... so I'm starting to regret going CT Erudite. Neriak isn't so fun. I'm level 7, and I died 5 times last night in the 3rd gate, trying to get my body back. Lost a level. I was able to go to FP tunnels and sell at least, but that's less than desirable. Are there better places to sell safely, or should I reroll as a High Elf? =P
Old 05-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Kobold

Reroll as Dark Elf. Hide is nice to have for clerics. And Dark Elves don't kill their own.
Closed Thread