Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 08:18 PM
Large Rat

Default Unable to use my blue character's name

I've been away a long time and wanted to recreate my troll shaman from blue on the green server using the same name, Bungamunga, but it was rejected. I'm using the same account. Is this a common issue? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-03-2021, 03:03 AM
Sarnak

If another player picked that name it does that.
Old 11-03-2021, 03:43 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have an existing character on Blue with the name, my understanding was the name would be reserved on Green and only usable by my account?

From the wiki:

"You will not be able to create a character on Green with the same name as a character on Blue, unless you are on the same account that owns that character on Blue. We may also bring the server up early to allow character creations ahead of time. We will try to announce this as much in advance as we can. "

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server
Old 11-03-2021, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is incorrect, at least insofar as we're aware. If your account on Blue has the name then it's supposed to be allocated only to that account for Green.

Although maybe the staff have felt Green has been around long enough that they've turned that off? Not sure.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:41 AM
Banned

It has definitely been the case for me that all my names from blue were reserved, or at least nobody happened to choose them before I did on green, which were months apart.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Did you forget that your blue account was banned?
Old 11-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you forget that your blue account was banned?
Not sure what you mean, I'm not aware of any ban, past or present, on my account.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:14 AM
Banned

Did you make the char on blue after green had already launched?

I don't think when you make a char on green it reserves it on blue, so somebody could have made it on green and then you were still able to make it on blue, but now you can't make it on green cause somebody already did. Although the name Bungamunga is pretty rare you'd think, so I doubt that happened.

Only other thing I can think is they maybe implemented some new naming filters to block out bad names, for example on the word 'Bung'
Old 11-05-2021, 10:52 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you make the char on blue after green had already launched?

I don't think when you make a char on green it reserves it on blue, so somebody could have made it on green and then you were still able to make it on blue, but now you can't make it on green cause somebody already did. Although the name Bungamunga is pretty rare you'd think, so I doubt that happened.

Only other thing I can think is they maybe implemented some new naming filters to block out bad names, for example on the word 'Bung'
No, I created Bungamunga on Blue years ago, way back in 2013. I stopped playing around late 2013 or early 2014, it's been a while so I can't really remember when it was.

Yeah I was also wondering if it was something new with the naming filters. I guess I can try to send a petition through the forums to see if it's something that can be resolved.

In the meantime I've created a human paladin named Saltzpyre and having some fun with that!
Old 11-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Banned

howlin mad Murphy
Closed Thread