Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 04:48 AM
Aviak

Red face Tunare - Worth it for Bard?

There are some pretty good Tunare specific items. I was going to make a Wood Elf Bard and I was wondering if there's any harm in setting it's religion to Tunare. How many places would this make me KOS compared to Agnostic, or make an illusion ineffective?
Old 03-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Don't see it being an issue at all really.

You would likely be KOS in Neriak/Grobb/Oggok even with the DE mask, but honestly I don't see how that even matters. Neriak is very easily fixable anyways.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't see it being an issue at all really.

You would likely be KOS in Neriak/Grobb/Oggok even with the DE mask, but honestly I don't see how that even matters. Neriak is very easily fixable anyways.
The big one is being able to vendor and bank in OT if you are agnostic with the mask.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

You also get a faction song, too. If you want to be Tunare, do it. You can always fix your faction later. Religion you'd have a harder time changing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The big one is being able to vendor and bank in OT if you are agnostic with the mask.
Anyone can bank in OT by clicking through the wall. Nobody should be selling in OT because all the vendors are greedy, but if needed bards do get sneak.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a Tunare worshiping Wood Elf Bard. DE illusion and faction song bring me to non-kos from max kos with venril sathir. That plus sneak lets you do whatever you want in OT. Have had no issues with DE mask or faction in any evil city except Cabilis.

But... I'm pretty sure there are no Bard specific Tunare quests, and the only gain on religion specific cultural is extra wisdom.
Last edited by MiRo2; 03-07-2017 at 11:39 PM..
Old 03-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

I created bard before knowing anything or having any chars on P99. I clicked Tunare b/c I thought you needed to follow Tunare to start in Kelethin as a High Elf instead of Qeynos or Freeport, I think you can just click to choose your starting city though lol.

Either way, it's never really impacted me in any significant way. I bank in OT through wall and do other banking / stocking up etc. in Freeport, Skyshrine, or Thurg.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:40 AM
Aviak

How useful is it really to not be KOS in PoG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also get a faction song, too. If you want to be Tunare, do it. You can always fix your faction later. Religion you'd have a harder time changing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the song?
Last edited by Draulius; 03-13-2017 at 05:04 AM..
Old 03-13-2017, 06:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the song?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Cinda%2...matic_Carillon
Old 03-13-2017, 06:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought faction wasn't able to save you from Deity checks? Or is it just more difficult?
Closed Thread