Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-22-2024, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Default Are we allowed to like AI art?

I think totally yes we are, and it's awesome. Visual art, music, poetry, whatever.

It's the Wagner problem; you can't decide if you like a piece of art only after you find out who made it. I mean, you can try I guess, it's a free country.

"I think this painting is beautiful, for the time being, but if I find out Frank made it then it sucks." is incoherent.

Also I'm really bored trying to level my rogue sorry.
Old 08-22-2024, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

yeah, AI art is fine. "artist" have always been so far up their own ass most people are enjoying their pain in a schadenfreude way.

I've been on this train ever since electricsheep.org was putting fractals in electronic lcd frames and selling them 15 years ago.

I'm more concerned with writers and chatgpt. one of the amateur sci-fi writer contests got shut down after like 70 years because submissions increased by like 9000% because of chatgpt
Old 08-22-2024, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, AI art is fine. "artist" have always been so far up their own ass most people are enjoying their pain in a schadenfreude way.
Very true. If nothing else, AI art is automatically way better than most "modern art" made by humans where some talentless asshole dumps soup on the floor and lays in it, and they put little velvet ropes around it and call it a piece.
Old 08-22-2024, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

yeah, this is basically just the universe telling them to fuck off at this point.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2024, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

"Artists" in today's definition of the term should be obsoleted as soon as is possible.
Old 08-22-2024, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more concerned with writers and chatgpt. one of the amateur sci-fi writer contests got shut down after like 70 years because submissions increased by like 9000% because of chatgpt
That includes them Hollywood types who like to go on strike despite already being worth millions.
Old 08-22-2024, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

Every story is the exact same story as one in the bible but with the matrix instead of heaven.

AI cant come soon enough, I've waited too long for an excellent starwars Jurassic park mashup.

Imagine when we can ask AI to mod EQ to be exactly as if brad created it, but totally new.

"Make me an everquest clone but the world is in DUNE"

People don't want this? Makes no sense to me.
Last edited by shovelquest; 08-22-2024 at 10:05 PM..
Old 08-22-2024, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Default don't create the torment nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every story is the exact same story as one in the bible but with the matrix instead of heaven.

AI cant come soon enough, I've waited too long for an excellent starwars Jurassic park mashup.

Imagine when we can ask AI to mod EQ to be exactly as if brad created it, but totally new.

"Make me an everquest clone but the world is in DUNE"

People don't want this? Makes no sense to me.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2024, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

I just want to point out that science fiction writer in the comic is literally writing those same old bible stories again.

Quote:
"You cannot serve God and money" (Matthew 6:24)
Is giving everyone the tool to create whatever they want for free really capitalism though?

Ima ask chat GPT what it thinks about the morality argument:

So on one side of the morality argument, we hobble ourselves so we can support a few (born luckily) talented writers (that likely will be canceled anyway) and wealthy studio investors.

Or we can all enjoy any element of creativity, and instead focus on building a better world than spending time in imaginary ones.

Chat GPT which one is more moral?:

Quote:
"If you prioritize practical efforts to improve the real world, focusing on building a better world is more moral."
Last edited by shovelquest; 08-22-2024 at 10:24 PM..
Old 08-22-2024, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Artists" in today's definition of the term should be obsoleted as soon as is possible.
Sounds like a Banksy!

Man, that guy is so cool he doesn't even want credit!