Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should we change yellow text?
Yes, change the level range of YT to 46+. 19 48.72%
Naw 16 41.03%
Yes but something different, please specify. 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Default YT/Leaderboard Proposal (Change range to 46+)

I think we should look at changing the range of when YT works. I was thinking 46+ because at this point you should be choosing a "side" and have no excuse for not having gear. Also outside a few people, who really cares about soandso killing soandso in Crushbone.

PROS

1. Reduce griefing at lower levels because lets be honest, without YT it wouldnt be half as fun for the griefer.

2. YT scares away new players, noone likes getting owned in front of everyone on the server. Especially from a twink.

3. Because the leaderboards are parsed from YT, this will remove lower levels from being on the killboard/leaderboard.

4. Less plugging, less qq. people are more likely to take it like a man.

5. more screenshots and threads

CONS

1. Less pvp? Less twinks will log in for free kills. also less incentive for lower levels to take a cheap shot.

2. Could make server look dead.

3. makes lower level pvp less fun

4. oggok cleaver stock will go down.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 11-19-2014 at 10:24 AM..
Old 11-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Dumb idea is dumb.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 11-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

explain? this proposal is to help pop and be more new player friendly. i think azrael rotted your brain mang.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Aviak

Fair idea. Won't happen.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Still_Mornin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair idea. Won't happen.
ty I actually put a lot of thought into while I was taking a shit this morning. I played with the idea of 35+ and other ranges. 46+ seemed like the sweet spot though.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Last time I checked, leaderboard is just a friendly thing someone coded. Its in no way something you guys can request be changed for Red99 as its also something that can just be removed as a fuck you to everyone that keeps complaining about the leaderboard.

If everyone cared less about YT when PvP happens it wouldn't be a big deal but everyone has to have an e-peen and think we care when joe schmo gets killed by jane schmo.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Kobold

e: I was corrected, albeit by someone mad, and no DA idol was used at level 30. I don't know Necros so you can calm down, Eggnogglatte. Next time try responding to my polite questions in /t instead of raging the next day after your ego gets bruised by reading slanderous posts on p99.com.

YT is still dumb, people avoid YTs by eating XP deaths, and the culture that exists behind them shows how retarded most of you are.
Last edited by yevea; 11-20-2014 at 12:20 PM..
Old 11-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

No pvp experience until it hits you like a ton of bricks in com? At least at low levels you have options of where to xp. At 46 you have what? Guk and com? I'd think that it would be a better idea to spread the griefers out than make them all park level 50 toons ready to grief off level 46's with almost no pvp experience.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 11-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No pvp experience until it hits you like a ton of bricks in com? At least at low levels you have options of where to xp. At 46 you have what? Guk and com? I'd think that it would be a better idea to spread the griefers out than make them all park level 50 toons ready to grief off level 46's with almost no pvp experience.
weird because in classic there was pvp all the time with less pop and no YT. you are talking out your ass. by 46 you should know what you are getting into, know your class, no your limits, know how the server works. YT isnt needed at lower levels. give people a chance to figure this shit out.

its easy to quit the server upon getting griefed at 10. you've invested little and have only seen the worse this server has to offer. by 46 you would have hopefully made some friends, saw there are some cool things pvp brings to the plate, and have invested time and effort into your character. you are less likely to get "griefed" because you know there are sometimes no win situations. the thing is, this doesnt limit pvp or anything. your shit just doesnt get announced to the whole world. its a small change that could retain a lot of players.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 11-19-2014 at 10:51 AM..
Old 11-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Banned

make YT for level 60 only
Closed Thread