Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old Today, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Default How many hours do you play?

https://x.com/AutismCapital/status/1838436724537725172
Old Today, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

There have always been whales but in the past way back when these dysfunctonal souls stood out more and were few and far inbetween. It was only when games got big enough audiences that these players could band together and dominate end-game content that mere mortals had to push their limits to compete. Now that level of playtime is more or less normalized in most MMO games.

In a way p99 is different. Outside of /list and fresh in general you don’t benefit significantly from long sessions. Rather it’s the ability to drop your baby in the sink or log on at 4 am and wake up the wife to kill golems in CT. It more or less boils down to the same problem though, players forsake their lives doing it.

But shit man, people these days have massive screen times and being on p99 ain’t worse than some normie doomscrolling on instagram for 7 hours a day.

I try to break the bad habit but it’s hard. Fortunately gaming had lost its lustre, I understand my dad now how he’d say real life was better.

Wait? What are we talking about and aren’t you the dweeb that farmed gnoll scrolls for ages?
Old Today, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There have always been whales but in the past way back when these dysfunctonal souls stood out more and were few and far inbetween. It was only when games got big enough audiences that these players could band together and dominate end-game content that mere mortals had to push their limits to compete. Now that level of playtime is more or less normalized in most MMO games.

In a way p99 is different. Outside of /list and fresh in general you don’t benefit significantly from long sessions. Rather it’s the ability to drop your baby in the sink or log on at 4 am and wake up the wife to kill golems in CT. It more or less boils down to the same problem though, players forsake their lives doing it.

But shit man, people these days have massive screen times and being on p99 ain’t worse than some normie doomscrolling on instagram for 7 hours a day.

I try to break the bad habit but it’s hard. Fortunately gaming had lost its lustre, I understand my dad now how he’d say real life was better.

Wait? What are we talking about and aren’t you the dweeb that farmed gnoll scrolls for ages?
I'd say if you're single, no kids, and you handle responsibilities and are happy, then game away, as many hours as you want.. but if you have stuff you need to be doing- Work, relationships, kids, taking care of your health, then you need to reassess. i'm with you though, if you compare gaming vs scrolling social media and binge watching tv for hours, i'd say gaming has more benefits.. You're often still being social, and you're using your brain.

Honestly though, it's hard to disconnect from these vices in America. You work all day, and these vices are a way to remove yourself from that daily grind and get a break. I stayed in the philippines for 2 months this year. And for the first time in ages, i never felt the pull to watch netflix, or play games. i was relaxing, exploring, learning the culture, learning the language, and reading books. Best 2 months in my life. When i came back to work and the grind, i immediately was playing games in my downtime again.
Old Today, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

just look at the current wow world first race

dem boys be goin ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.