Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Blue Flower of Functionality (/forums/showthread.php?t=330079)

Tanom5 07-16-2019 01:35 PM

Blue Flower of Functionality

I do know that the effect of the Aura of Blue Petals (Increase Magic Resist by 50) does not stack with Group Resist Magic. However, my question is whether or not it does not stack with Resist Magic as Resist Magic inherently has lower Magic Resist than Group Resist Magic?

Looking at the wiki, it only states it does not stack with Group Resist Magic and I was unsure if that would make it block the single target version as well, since White and Green do stack with like resistance buffs.

loramin 07-16-2019 01:37 PM

The following all use the "primary magic resist" buff slot (ie. they don't stack with each other):

Quote:

+55 Group Resist Magic (Group) (Enchanter 49, Cast)
+50 Aura of Blue Petals (Click: Blue Flower of Functionality)
+40 Resist Magic (Cleric 44, Druid 49 Enchanter 39, Paladin 55, Shaman 44)
+20 Endure Magic (Cleric 19, Druid 34, Enchanter 20, Paladin 30, Shaman 19)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Buff_Lines#Magic_Resistance (and just in general you can use that page to answer any stacking questions).

loramin 07-16-2019 01:44 PM

P.S. This is just my opinion, but unless you're a soloing class who can't cast resist spells, I really think the blue flower is a terrible item.

It's the most expensive item in all of Plane of Mischief (nothing else requires four thrones). If you can cast Resist Magic (which most soloing classes can) the flower only nets +10 more MR ... when soloing (presumably in a raid, or a group where it matters, you'd get Group Resist Magic, which is better than the flower).

If you're a Bard, Monk, Mage, Shadow Knight, Necromancer, or Wizard who regularly solos stuff that casts, it might be worth getting ... but for everyone else it's just an expensive status symbol.

Tanom5 07-16-2019 01:47 PM

Thank you!

fortior 07-16-2019 01:49 PM

wow monks are a soloing class too :(

Baylan295 07-16-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2936715)
P.S. This is just my opinion, but unless you're a soloing class who can't cast resist spells, I really think the blue flower is a terrible item.

It's the most expensive item in all of Plane of Mischief (nothing else requires four thrones). If you can cast Resist Magic (which most soloing classes can) the flower only nets +10 more MR ... when soloing (presumably in a raid, or a group where it matters, you'd get Group Resist Magic, which is better than the flower).

If you're a Bard, Monk, Mage, Shadow Knight, Necromancer, or Wizard who regularly solos stuff that casts, it might be worth getting ... but for everyone else it's just an expensive status symbol.

Getting GRM can be a pain in a raid situation because you need to be grouped and around an Enchanter. While easy, it is not always quick.

Everyone I know with a blue flower loves it.

Jibartik 07-16-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2936715)

This is like the first time I think I've seen you have an opinion about something lol usually its just data on the wiki you post about lol

Nice to see you have feelings loramin. Also wow to that buff lines page, who wrote all that? You? Good lord. Very informative but wow. Very complete :D

And wow yeah that blue flower sounds like a waste of monies compared to some others :/

bunnyfoofoo 07-16-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortior (Post 2936721)
monks are a soloing class too :(

Solo Ragefire

Solo efreeti swarm charm

Solo Grand Herbalist Mak’ha

Solo Myconid Spore King

Lordgordon 07-16-2019 02:35 PM

Any class is solo if you spend 100s of hours worth of plat on consumables

azeth 07-16-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnyfoofoo (Post 2936732)

Monks can cast aego?