PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Tricky one, assist radius

Nirgon
02-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Mobs like fire beetles or (most) spiders on live would come and assist from a pretty large radius.

Wolves and bears did the same but have not tested here.

My main concern being guards.

NPCs that were threatening would come and assist from a much larger radius if one of their "pals" was attacked.

Feel free to chime in whilst the data dig begins.

Nirgon
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
I miss watching newbies get swarmed by beetles

SamwiseRed
02-20-2013, 03:41 PM
i can confirm some things. for one. on eqmac if you pull any of the goblins in highkeep youll get adds. here i can pull singles for some reason. same for lower guk. on eqmac assist radius is huge but not here.

nilbog
02-21-2013, 01:41 PM
We have the ability to make an assist radius different than aggro radius. This can be done on an individual basis per npc.

Bamzal Sherbet
02-21-2013, 02:43 PM
needs to be done across the board imo. up aggro radius too.

SamwiseRed
02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
for sure my warrior is single pulling all the basement goblins (before the warrior room) by just getting close. just did highkeep on eqmac and shit was agro city. how do i know if eqmac has it classic or increased tho?

SamwiseRed
02-21-2013, 02:47 PM
oh while we are on the subject, eq mac has additional goblin spawns in highkeep basement not found here. for example, there are 3 goblins in the lookout room (first room to left) on here there are 2. not sure if p99 is missing them or eqmac added them. you should see eqmac unrest, it has like 2x the undead in the house.

nilbog
02-21-2013, 02:58 PM
for sure my warrior is single pulling all the basement goblins (before the warrior room) by just getting close. just did highkeep on eqmac and shit was agro city. how do i know if eqmac has it classic or increased tho?

More than likely, the radius should be the same.

oh while we are on the subject, eq mac has additional goblin spawns in highkeep basement not found here. for example, there are 3 goblins in the lookout room (first room to left) on here there are 2. not sure if p99 is missing them or eqmac added them. you should see eqmac unrest, it has like 2x the undead in the house.

Should classically only be 2 spawns in that room. (You mean the room on the right?) As far as unrest, we could be missing spawns. Prekunark zones still need work for sure.

SamwiseRed
02-21-2013, 03:12 PM
ya room on the right, there are 2 on that back wall. on eqmac there are two on the back wall and an additional gob to the immediate right as you come in the door. ill SS later hehe xping in highkeep now.

Jenni D
02-21-2013, 04:40 PM
are guards not assisting currently on red?
i was attacked by a dru right next to the kaladim entrance guards and they didnt react. i then chased said druid inside kaladim, nuking them as they fled past the six or so guards inside and they didnt aggro me either. the druid was taarma. if you reading this, chime in please!

Nirgon
02-21-2013, 05:36 PM
We have the ability to make an assist radius different than aggro radius. This can be done on an individual basis per npc.

All "a fire beetle" instances, klak naks, guards, guild npcs leaders (entire guild house would come if you did something dumb), spiderlings/large spider/giant spider should have this ability.

See my Sergeant Slate aggro issue. If you were farming Reskin/Tolus, Slate would come flying after you from abouts half way up as far as you could see down the road.

I'll save the in town guard resists for another day, but there's ~2000 posts on zam noting that the North Freeport guards (Sir soandso) were resistant to magic to the point you wouldn't even want to bother killing them, I recall this being the case on the in town guards as well. Guards had brutal resist rates, town front aside.