PDA

View Full Version : Top end guilds ruining the server as usual

this user was banned
02-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Rogean: Mobs will no longer immediately aggro players within 3 seconds of spawning, and they will be immune to any non-targetted spells (PB AEs or Targetted AEs they aren't the target of).

shit's not classic

Kassel
02-19-2013, 01:01 PM
yet they will not enable FTE shout.

Autotune
02-19-2013, 01:02 PM
why can't we just get rid of variance and allow training. Least that is classic.

OMGWTF420
02-19-2013, 01:07 PM
what happened to just lowering variance and adding in repop days? why make more non classic changes when a classic solution would work just as well

this makes me glad i havent played on this server in months, seriously, this shit just needs to be like it was in '99 and let the guilds work it out

the most unclassic aspect of this server is how much interaction the staff has with the players and the raid scene

Autotune
02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
what happened to just lowering variance and adding in repop days? why make more non classic changes when a classic solution would work just as well

this makes me glad i havent played on this server in months, seriously, this shit just needs to be like it was in '99 and let the guilds work it out

the most unclassic aspect of this server is how much interaction the staff has with the players and the raid scene

Really should just let us train raids (more importantly poopsocks). I've heard it was legit by a few people in classic, so let the good times roll!

Halfelfbard
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
No more FTE bullshit. Have the ability to raid to move on.

this user was banned
02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
oddly enough, this sorta helps XP groups a little when they get repops on them during a pull...

Thanks TMO!

Tiggles
02-19-2013, 02:35 PM
oddly enough, this sorta helps XP groups a little when they get repops on them during a pull...

Thanks TMO!

You are welcome

Tanthallas
02-19-2013, 06:07 PM

Daldolma
02-19-2013, 06:55 PM
More nonclassic changes to preserve a nonclassic endgame. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Enygma
02-19-2013, 08:56 PM
More nonclassic changes to preserve a nonclassic endgame. Things that make you go hmmmm.

This is to prevent afk poopsock noobs from getting FTE... instead you must be at your PC and attacking the mob / using a single target spell to engage the mob. This causes you to have to WORK for the FTE instead of just getting lucky.

The endgame on this server has evolved due to lack of content. The only reason this is even an issue is because there are SO MANY level 60's ready for endgame because the server is over 15 months over due for Velious.

15 Months ago... how many people were level 60 that are QQing about endgame raiding now?

Exactly.

EnnoiaII
02-19-2013, 11:21 PM
T
15 Months ago... how many people were level 60 that are QQing about endgame raiding now?

Exactly.

Same number, if not more, because there were 2 more raid guilds on the server. The endgame on this server hasn't 'evolved' from lack of content, it's devolved into childish bullshit because endgame guild leaders are too fucking immature to work out a way for everyone to be able to enjoy themselves.

Malicious Style
02-19-2013, 11:30 PM
You can say that a million fucking times and the problem will still be lack of content.

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that this server has five guilds capable of killing 90% of the boss mobs. If we divide them all evenly, that means each guild has about two hours of raiding a week, assuming they get lost a few times and wipe a couple times.

The pie isn't very big. Cutting it into smaller slices isn't going to make the hungry people much happier, there are just going to be more hungry people. No server had this many level 60s who wanted to raid on live.

The problem isn't that everyone (except you of course) is an asshole. There is competition for scarce resources and it can get unpleasant.

Tippett
02-19-2013, 11:35 PM
everyone should just play red until velious is released

and least if u dont get the mob u can grief ppl who annoy you

just sayin

Twoberries
02-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Not gonna hold my breath, but when SoV happens:..

1) The general population can enjoy the game.

2) See 1

Rubicent
02-19-2013, 11:53 PM
SoE/Verant hated banning paying customers over simple griefing though unless it was excessive. So to make it like live, training is legal so long as you donate at minimum 14.99 a month.

Alarti0001
02-19-2013, 11:55 PM
You can say that a million fucking times and the problem will still be lack of content.

Dont know who you are.... but you are correct!

Splorf22
02-20-2013, 12:01 AM

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that this server has five guilds capable of killing 90% of the boss mobs. If we divide them all evenly, that means each guild has about two hours of raiding a week, assuming they get lost a few times and wipe a couple times.

The pie isn't very big. Cutting it into smaller slices isn't going to make the hungry people much happier, there are just going to be more hungry people. No server had this many level 60s who wanted to raid on live.

The problem isn't that everyone (except you of course) is an asshole. There is competition for scarce resources and it can get unpleasant.

This is basically correct, but I don't think Velious will fix it. A big part of the problem with this server is the lack of progression. The tortoises have caught up to the hares basically.

contemptor
02-20-2013, 12:02 AM
This is to prevent afk poopsock noobs from getting FTE... instead you must be at your PC and attacking the mob / using a single target spell to engage the mob. This causes you to have to WORK for the FTE instead of just getting lucky.

The endgame on this server has evolved due to lack of content. The only reason this is even an issue is because there are SO MANY level 60's ready for endgame because the server is over 15 months over due for Velious.

Exactly.
Yep, you should work for FTE. As in, sit at a mob spawnpoint and hit a hotkey for hours. Or autofire with a fancy keyboard, whichever right?

Kagatob
02-20-2013, 12:57 AM

Oh gawd forbid you do something besides raiding in your free game.

Fuck off.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 01:01 AM

Fuck off.

You were the first person in this thread to bring up non-raiding

Fuck off troll

Kagatob
02-20-2013, 01:02 AM

Fuck off troll

Get a life and we'll talk.

Malicious Style
02-20-2013, 01:54 AM

Fuck off.

It seems like you're more angry than rational and looking for someone to blame. The raiding scene on Project 1999 is not the way I'd like it to be. I don't even particularly like to raid on Project 1999. I was in top guilds on live and it's all repetitive for me.

I didn't create the situation. Neither did anyone else in IB, DA, TR, or TMO. If TMO disbands and disappears today, nothing will change. Whoever is willing to put in the hours will get the majority of top end mobs.

I don't think Velious will change much, either. There will be a #2 and a #3 guild willing to camp Dozekar, Lodizal, VP, Venril Sathir. The only way things will change is if GMs establish and enforce something else.

Kagatob
02-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Wrong, just grow the fuck up and do some rotations. It won't kill you to do something besides everquest raiding a few days a week, and if it does then good riddance to bad scum.

Malicious Style
02-20-2013, 03:09 AM
Wrong, just grow the fuck up and do some rotations. It won't kill you to do something besides everquest raiding a few days a week, and if it does then good riddance to bad scum.

Your righteous indignation won't change anything, either, nor will your ill-founded assumptions. This is a systemic problem, not the results of individual actions. Literally hundreds of different people have been in the top guilds on this server. The people willing to put in time and lots of it are rewarded with the top kills. Some others aspire to it and get a few. Everyone else splits up the leavings and wishes things were different.

Incidentally, I'm not a member of any guild on Project 1999. This is an amusement for me, not a priority.

Kagatob
02-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Your righteous indignation won't change anything, either, nor will your ill-founded assumptions.
You've obviously never played on live if you believe for a second I'm assuming anything.

This is a systemic problem, not the results of individual actions. Literally hundreds of different people have been in the top guilds on this server.
So what you are saying is that because a large number of people are being immature twits, that makes it ok?

The people willing to put in time and lots of it are rewarded with the top kills. Some others aspire to it and get a few. Everyone else splits up the leavings and wishes things were different. Incidentally, I'm not a member of any guild on Project 1999. This is an amusement for me, not a priority.
This does nothing to address the fact that at the end of the day this is a game and the delicate genius raiders are indeed ruining things for everyone else.

Rotations worked on live, it's in the history books, a proven fact. Stop making excuses. I'll give Alarti credit for this and this only, as much as he spins shit out of whack, he's made it very clear that he knows he's a greedy cunt and doesn't give a fuck about anyone else. At least he's honest about that.

Hailto
02-20-2013, 03:27 AM

Fuck off troll

Wow, I get to agree with Alarti for once.

Really just fuck off in general Kagatob, you are a bad poster.

Malicious Style
02-20-2013, 03:28 AM
Again your assumptions fail you. I had a lot of free time in the early 2000s and I was in #1 and #2 guilds on live. It seems that you are angry that you don't get to kill the dragon and you want someone to blame and you think I am a convenient target.

I tend to be much more pragmatic than idealistic. If you think you can form a movement to change the server, more power to you. I would suggest that any group of fifty or so hardcore raiders who want to dominate the server will render any effort you can produce ineffective to the point of irrelevance. I make no particular judgment about immaturity or selfishness. Things simply are the way they are.

The hardcore raiders did not create classic EverQuest. On live, only a small percentage of people got the chance to kill the top boss mobs during any particular era. That's the way this games work. You seem to believe in some sort of nostalgic tour or EverQuest raiding. If you feel so strongly about that, perhaps you should consider creating that server. That server is not all what Project 1999 is or has been.

Kagatob
02-20-2013, 04:55 AM
The hardcore raiders did not create classic EverQuest. On live, only a small percentage of people got the chance to kill the top boss mobs during any particular era. That's the way this games work. You seem to believe in some sort of nostalgic tour or EverQuest raiding. If you feel so strongly about that, perhaps you should consider creating that server. That server is not all what Project 1999 is or has been.

P1999 is trying to not be classic now? That's news to me.

Godefroi
02-20-2013, 05:02 AM
The hardcore raiders did not create classic EverQuest. On live, only a small percentage of people got the chance to kill the top boss mobs during any particular era.

+1

Also, how many guilds raided VP prior to velious ?

iirc 5% of the live guilds back then (and thats maybe already too much?). I remember discovering about the zone checking Graffe's wizard pages as someone from AL or FoH posted the robe of Invocation as new found item.

It still amazes me how they figured out questing/raiding back then, and all this with 56k modems lol. It was insane.

Also for the record : weren't there more guilds that had entered PoM at the end of velious than guilds that had entered VP at the end of kunark ? Somehow I have this impression but I might be mistaken (was EQ already getting easier in velious ?)

Clark
02-20-2013, 05:26 AM

Fuck off.

haha :)

Kagatob
02-20-2013, 05:57 AM
+1Also for the record : weren't there more guilds that had entered PoM at the end of velious than guilds that had entered VP at the end of kunark ? Somehow I have this impression but I might be mistaken (was EQ already getting easier in velious ?)

It was, keep in mind that the only keyed zone in all of Velious was ST. NToV/WToV/PoM/PoG and even some Kael drops made all but one or two of the VP drops obsolete so there was really no reason to get a guild geared up for it to go fighting for gear that you already had replacements to.

EnnoiaII
02-20-2013, 08:35 AM

The issue isn't a lack of content, it's the immaturity of guild leaders. You can claim that it's lack of content all you want, but if Velious does ever launch here, you have things like the following that playing the FTE bullshit game just won't work for...

-Dain Frostreaver: He fucking teleports you when he hits you, how are you supposed to call FTE on that when there are going to be multiple people trying to grab him?

-Statue/Idol/AoW: Does whoever gets Statue get AoW? Is the whole thing going to be a clusterfuck free for all?

-Stormfeather: Not really a raid, but this moronic FTE mentality will flow over to things like this. You wanna sit at a spawn for days only to have it KS'd because it spawned a couple yards to the left?

-Kael plate room: Much like the AoE event, waste all of your time clearing giants only to have someone else tag the end guy first?

-Velious raid mobs don't just sit there and wait for you to come kill them like Naggy/Trak/etc. You have to actually pull them out unless you want to spend hours clearing trash, or with AoW, hitting everyone around you with AoE spells.

The game gets different with Velious, and going into it with the same childish mentality that the raidscene has now will just kill all of the fun it could be. If people don't want to grow up and stop being little cockbites, that's fine, I can always go back outside.

xarzzardorn
02-20-2013, 09:00 AM
The issue isn't a lack of content, it's the immaturity of guild leaders. You can claim that it's lack of content all you want, but if Velious does ever launch here, you have things like the following that playing the FTE bullshit game just won't work for...

-Dain Frostreaver: He fucking teleports you when he hits you, how are you supposed to call FTE on that when there are going to be multiple people trying to grab him?

-Statue/Idol/AoW: Does whoever gets Statue get AoW? Is the whole thing going to be a clusterfuck free for all?

-Stormfeather: Not really a raid, but this moronic FTE mentality will flow over to things like this. You wanna sit at a spawn for days only to have it KS'd because it spawned a couple yards to the left?

-Kael plate room: Much like the AoE event, waste all of your time clearing giants only to have someone else tag the end guy first?

-Velious raid mobs don't just sit there and wait for you to come kill them like Naggy/Trak/etc. You have to actually pull them out unless you want to spend hours clearing trash, or with AoW, hitting everyone around you with AoE spells.

The game gets different with Velious, and going into it with the same childish mentality that the raidscene has now will just kill all of the fun it could be. If people don't want to grow up and stop being little cockbites, that's fine, I can always go back outside.

a) People fight him at the bottom of the well. Can't imagine this being any different than dragon charm or DT on initiation

b) Yes, 20 minute grace period to pull the subsequent mobs

c) Worse things have happened. Non raid mobs are usually 'campable' by the rules of the server and preference would be given to the first one sitting at or around his spawn point.

d) Once again, triggered mobs provide a 20 minute grace period to the killer of the trigger

e)? You just described VP. Every dragon, pather or static is brought to the entrance no matter how far away they are.

f) Thats what your post gets, an F. please go away

dragonfists
02-20-2013, 09:05 AM
guild's aint gonna work things out (not pointing fingers you can read for yourselves past statements), sorry but its too many little kids on the server.. i'm for rotation personally but ya if you're thinking it will happen it wont

wtb fte shout already..

to OP: 3 sec delay, then still FTE so again, wtb fte shout already..

p.s. i would be ok with training and shitstorming on every mob versus poopsock - anything but poopsock!

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 09:24 AM
You've obviously never played on live if you believe for a second I'm assuming anything.

So what you are saying is that because a large number of people are being immature twits, that makes it ok?

This does nothing to address the fact that at the end of the day this is a game and the delicate genius raiders are indeed ruining things for everyone else.

Rotations worked on live, it's in the history books, a proven fact. Stop making excuses. I'll give Alarti credit for this and this only, as much as he spins shit out of whack, he's made it very clear that he knows he's a greedy cunt and doesn't give a fuck about anyone else. At least he's honest about that.

Rotations existed when there was a greater supply. The server is entirely too large for a rotation to work. Stop your vitriol and try thinking for a change.

If things are ruined here for you go play live or wow. This is classic EQ.... you obviously never played on live during this era.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 09:31 AM

The issue isn't the immaturity of guild leaders, its a lack of content. You can claim that it's immaturity of guild leaders all you want, but you will be wrong.

Velious doesn't support FTE raiding... there well need to be new rules come velious. What is your point? Lol

arsenalpow
02-20-2013, 09:31 AM
I'd actually like to see some pro-active solutions for velious. I'd rather growth not turn into Fear 2.0 where kiting the zone to kill Tunare is the default strategy. I have no idea if that is even possible but clearing Growth for hours only to be leapfrogged at Tunare would be the biggest dicking ever.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 09:33 AM
guild's aint gonna work things out (not pointing fingers you can read for yourselves past statements), sorry but its too many little kids on the server.. i'm for rotation personally but ya if you're thinking it will happen it wont

wtb fte shout already..

to OP: 3 sec delay, then still FTE so again, wtb fte shout already..

p.s. i would be ok with training and shitstorming on every mob versus poopsock - anything but poopsock!

Explain to me how awesome a rotation would be across 600+ raiders.

arsenalpow
02-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Explain to me how awesome a rotation would be across 600+ raiders.

I get that you don't want a rotation, you're at the top of the food chain so why would you want to give any of that away, but a rotation with a fixed window to engage could be viable with the right amount of tweaking.

Rotate Trak with a 15 minutes to engage clause, if you don't it reverts to FTE. If it's BDA's slot and Trak spawns at 4am we aren't getting it anyways.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
I get that you don't want a rotation, you're at the top of the food chain so why would you want to give any of that away, but a rotation with a fixed window to engage could be viable with the right amount of tweaking.

Rotate Trak with a 15 minutes to engage clause, if you don't it reverts to FTE. If it's BDA's slot and Trak spawns at 4am we aren't getting it anyways.

Why would that work?

TWDL_Prexus
02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
The only way I could even imagine a rotation working on this server is if there were simulated maintenance every week.

Malicious Style
02-20-2013, 09:59 AM
It doesn't matter who is the number one guild. There will always be 50+ raiders willing to log in day ou're night and they will get the kills.

Here's an interesting strategy: curse a lot and call other people immature and childish while demanding to get your own way.

arsenalpow
02-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Why would that work?

Because you'd still get the majority of targets that fall into FTE mode once the clock elapses plus you'd get some targets without having to worry about FTE shenanigans when it's your spot in the rotation.

I'm trying to have an honest conversation with you Alarti. Do you feel that the current raid scene is fun? Do you feel that the current raid scene is fair? Do you prefer the current structure set in place? Do you have any other structures that could be a better fit?

Also, don't respond with a bunch of velious nonsense, lets try to make it less toxic now instead of complain about the glut at the top and say that velious will solve everything.

Malicious Style
02-20-2013, 10:14 AM
There isn't anything to fix. The most hardcore raiders get the kills. Effort, arguably ludicrous, is rewarded. That seems as fair as anything else.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Because you'd still get the majority of targets that fall into FTE mode once the clock elapses plus you'd get some targets without having to worry about FTE shenanigans when it's your spot in the rotation.

I'm trying to have an honest conversation with you Alarti. Do you feel that the current raid scene is fun? Do you feel that the current raid scene is fair? Do you prefer the current structure set in place? Do you have any other structures that could be a better fit?

Also, don't respond with a bunch of velious nonsense, lets try to make it less toxic now instead of complain about the glut at the top and say that velious will solve everything.

I always have honest conversation.

I think competition even at the miserable state it is in is far more fun than a rotation. Fair? What does fair have to do with anything. Anyways ya it is most definitely fair. I'd prefer repops of some sort semi often maybe twice a month or once a month.

However, the solution is and has always been Velious. Kunark was designed to last 6 months... and that was when everyone was new.

Metallikus
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM
There isn't anything to fix. The most hardcore raiders get the kills. Effort, arguably ludicrous, is rewarded. That seems as fair as anything else.

it is fair until the gms take special consideration from tmo and make up non classic game mechanics that only benefit their 3rd party program using autofiring clentch on raid mob FTEs.

GMs have refused to suspend or ban characters that are flagged for using 3rd party programs.

GMs have refused to address autofire type FTE from Zeelot.

WHat other conclusion can be gained from this new game mechanic preventing the mob from randomly choosing a poopsocker for FTE?

If poopsocking is the problem, there are other ways to address it.

This new game mechanic caters to TMO's ability to be AFK and use programs like auto-fire to steal FTE anyways without any repurcusions.

The facts are in the history.

TMO had a disadvatange on FTE for VS becuase most of them are non-KOS and thus VS spawned with usually any other guild on target other than TMO. THis new game mechanic gives them a much higher percentage chance to get VS on poopsock situations than before.

TMO has won all? if not most of all Noble Djorn FTEs in sky because they utilize autofire and the mob is not KOS to anyone when it pops. THis is the framework from which this new game mechanic has been derived. It specifically rewards TMO for using 3rd party programs to get FTE.

This game mechanic will not change poopsocking and doesn't deter it in any way. It only provides an advantage to the guild that has had the most advantages already. What is the point of the new game mechanic?

Tiggles
02-20-2013, 10:38 AM

Counter off

If you quit BDA on all accounts and join peace pipe or something. We will allow BDA enough trak kills to enter VP and they can have limited access to dragon kills.

Only problem tmo has with BDA is you chestie so do the right thing for your guild and disband

this user was banned
02-20-2013, 10:39 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img138/217/3eymz40.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img138/217/3eymz40.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img138/217/3eymz40.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img138/217/3eymz40.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img138/217/3eymz40.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img138/217/3eymz40.jpg

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 10:39 AM
it is fair until the gms take special consideration from tmo and make up non classic game mechanics that only benefit their 3rd party program using autofiring clentch on raid mob FTEs.

GMs have refused to suspend or ban characters that are flagged for using 3rd party programs.

WHat other conclusion can be gained from this new game mechanic preventing the mob from randomly choosing a poopsocker for FTE?

This new game mechanic caters to TMO's ability to be AFK and use programs like auto-fire to steal FTE anyways without any repurcusions.

TMO had a disadvatange on FTE for VS becuase most of them are non-KOS and thus VS spawned with usually any other guild on target other than TMO. THis new game mechanic gives them a much higher percentage chance to get VS on poopsock situations than before.

TMO has won all? if not most of all Noble Djorn FTEs in sky because they utilize autofire and the mob is not KOS to anyone when it pops. THis is the framework from which this new game mechanic has been derived. It specifically rewards TMO for using 3rd party programs to get FTE.

This game mechanic will not change poopsocking and doesn't deter it in any way. It only provides an advantage to the guild that has had the most advantages already. What is the point of the new game mechanic?

Prove it :)
God you are a crazy fuck.

India
02-20-2013, 10:41 AM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=846477&postcount=253

Pretty sure it is BDA that endorses and supports the use of autofire by guild members

this user was banned
02-20-2013, 10:45 AM
So, from this thread we can conclude that:
1. There is a large popultion of level 60's that want to raid
2. There are a lot of raiding guild competing for resources.
3. Resources are scarce and will never increase until velious is released ( never ).

The only solution is genocide.

shun
02-20-2013, 11:12 AM

N

Godefroi
02-20-2013, 11:12 AM
There isn't anything to fix. The most hardcore raiders get the kills. Effort, arguably ludicrous, is rewarded.

+1

My sig is there to attest~

SamwiseRed
02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
can you zergs for the love of god some to red to kill our zerg. need moar.

Nerosys
02-20-2013, 11:38 AM
SoV will fix itself due to the nature of the encounters... you will not see guilds standing ontop of spawn points for any of the major raid encounters at the begining atleast, they take more coordination and less zerg than most of this population is use to. It will be a wake up call for most we will see.

falkun
02-20-2013, 01:21 PM

TMO likes competition, not PVP.

Daldolma
02-20-2013, 01:27 PM
It's not competition and current P99 endgame isn't classic. Having round-the-clock trackers and 30 members that can log in at any time of any day has nothing to do with competition or classic EQ. But grats on dem pixels.

Autotune
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
this server does not need rotations of any type.

It needs no variance, more training, less GMs and simulated repops each week.

aka, classic is what it needs.

Nirgon
02-20-2013, 01:40 PM

They got a full plate of play time already... doubt they'd want to start over :P.

Starting fresh with a group of pals can be fun and we don't have every item in the game easily available at our finger tips.

Ask Big Jeremy, we had some pretty close to the wire Kith general kills with our little group of 8. Great fun actually fighting npcs and not seeing them blown to smithereens by 70 people the second they spawn. He's even got his hands dirty with some pvp (you know that stuff in the best of the best fights you all look forward to watching).

Hitchens
02-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Please don't quote Samwise. You are defeating the purpose of the ignore list.

Enygma
02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Same number, if not more, because there were 2 more raid guilds on the server. The endgame on this server hasn't 'evolved' from lack of content, it's devolved into childish bullshit because endgame guild leaders are too fucking immature to work out a way for everyone to be able to enjoy themselves.

wrong again...

It has always been this way since classic was on here. This so called "childish bullshit" has been present on the server forever ... first between Transcendence and IB, then IB and DA, then TR/DA, then TR / Fusion, then TR / Ascension, then TR/TMO then TR&VD/TMO, then TMO/VD, then TMO/BDA, then TMO/FE.

You see... nothing has changed since the servers inception... everyone wants a piece of the pie but only a select few are willing to play the game to its fullest capacity by putting in the effort.

Try World of Warcraft - they have instances.

LoL

Enygma
02-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Yep, you should work for FTE. As in, sit at a mob spawnpoint and hit a hotkey for hours. Or autofire with a fancy keyboard, whichever right?

better than sitting there and being afk and still getting credit for it. If you want to compete thats what your guild and FE have dictated instead of racing to the mob upon spawn.

Enygma
02-20-2013, 01:57 PM

Why don't you go develop your own server and make the rules whatever you like?

Oh wait... probably cuz youre a douche bag that just wants everyone else to do it for you.

Kagatob confirmed what's wrong with 99% of the world.

Enygma
02-20-2013, 02:01 PM

tried this and VD fucked it up.

Enygma
02-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Madtallikus owned again...

[ANONYMOUS] Ascention < Bregan D`Aerth >

[Sun Feb 10 20:32:32 2013] Ascention says, '6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666'

[Sun Feb 10 20:39:07 2013] Ascention says, '6666666666/66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 6666666666666w66666666666666666h666666666666666o66 6666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666g66666666666666 6u666666666666666i6666666666666666666666666l666666 66666666666666666d66666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666166666666666666666666866666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666663666666666 6666666666666'

lol.

Nlaar
02-20-2013, 02:57 PM
tried this and VD fucked it up.

Refresh my memory on how you believe VD fucked up the "Great Trak Rotation" of late 2012 - early 2013 ? I thought the rotation was agreed for a set amount of time and when that time expired it went back to normal?

Enygma
02-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Refresh my memory on how you believe VD fucked up the "Great Trak Rotation" of late 2012 - early 2013 ? I thought the rotation was agreed for a set amount of time and when that time expired it went back to normal?

VD killed trak when it was supposed to be ... BDA?'s turn...

Thus ending the great rotation!

feanan
02-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Calendars and rotations worked on many everquest servers just fine.

Just because most of the selfish greedy assholes have gathered on p99 to reclaim their lost glory doesn't mean rotations can't/don't work.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Calendars and rotations worked on many everquest servers just fine.

Just because most of the selfish greedy assholes have gathered on p99 to reclaim their lost glory doesn't mean rotations can't/don't work.

Ya... when? Where? I think there was one listed example of a rotation pre-luclin and it wasnt on the major targets.

falkun
02-20-2013, 04:13 PM
VD killed trak when it was supposed to be ... BDA?'s turn...

Thus ending the great rotation!
Who controls the present now controls the past. VD killed VD's Traks, that is all.

falkun
02-20-2013, 04:13 PM
And it was 2011-2012, Nlaar, its been about a year!

Byrjun
02-20-2013, 04:22 PM
FTE... who gets what raid mob... none of it matters since the endgame has been fucking ruined by greed. EverQuest is a game. It's supposed to be fun to play, not a job.

Remember what was fun? Attempting VS for the first time and wiping, then refining your strategy until you get your first kill. That shit doesn't happen here since the mobs are dead within 45 seconds anyways. Everyone is treating raid targets like pixel pinatas.

Poopsocking didn't happen on live. Why? Because people played the game to have fun. Logging your main out for a week in Trak's lair wasn't fun then and it still isn't now. What was fun was when Trak popped and guilds started mobilizing to get there first, as most people were actually playing the game and doing shit, not just sitting there camped out with full raid buffs ready to go.

So everyone's mad and they're blaming each other, the game, or worse, blaming the fucking developers for not putting FTE shouts or whatever bullshit in the game. Fuck you. It's not the devs' job to design systems around your shitty playstyles. Don't want to poopsock/FTE? Then fucking go do something else, remove variance, and when the mob spawns go fucking kill it. Then you know exactly who engaged it first, and it's not a KS race.

I don't blame TMO at all. I mostly blame FE. This isn't a flame, but we've all seen FE wipe to Cazic Thule, Gorenaire, and Trakanon in the past couple weeks. The last time FE got Trak, it was because there were nearly 200 people all engaged at the same time. When FE gets a chance at a mob on their own, they usually fail. So not only is FTE dumb, guilds use it as a crutch to get kills they really have no business fucking with in the first place.

It reminds me of the beginning of the server when IB beat all the raid mobs because they had all the best players. Then Transcendence decided hey, they want to raid too! So they cried until GMs forced a rotation. They then proceeded to wipe to their target(s) every week, and then IB would come in and kill it after the ridiculous 24 hour engage timer expired.

It's EverQuest, only the most capable guilds should get the most highly contested mobs. The only way to do that is for the players to man up and agree to stop poopsocking. That's on you guys, not the creators of the game and especially not the fucking devs.

Hailto
02-20-2013, 04:28 PM
If you guys want raid kills why don't you spend the effort you're putting into crying on the forums about a rotation and challenge TMO? I assure you its much more rewarding, I'm having more fun on this server right now than I have had at any other time.

Cecily
02-20-2013, 04:29 PM
^ FE is bad, therefore only tmo should kill things.

Tiggles
02-20-2013, 04:29 PM
FTE... who gets what raid mob... none of it matters since the endgame has been fucking ruined by greed. EverQuest is a game. It's supposed to be fun to play, not a job.

Remember what was fun? Attempting VS for the first time and wiping, then refining your strategy until you get your first kill. That shit doesn't happen here since the mobs are dead within 45 seconds anyways. Everyone is treating raid targets like pixel pinatas.

Poopsocking didn't happen on live. Why? Because people played the game to have fun. Logging your main out for a week in Trak's lair wasn't fun then and it still isn't now. What was fun was when Trak popped and guilds started mobilizing to get there first, as most people were actually playing the game and doing shit, not just sitting there camped out with full raid buffs ready to go.

So everyone's mad and they're blaming each other, the game, or worse, blaming the fucking developers for not putting FTE shouts or whatever bullshit in the game. Fuck you. It's not the devs' job to design systems around your shitty playstyles. Don't want to poopsock/FTE? Then fucking go do something else, remove variance, and when the mob spawns go fucking kill it. Then you know exactly who engaged it first, and it's not a KS race.

I don't blame TMO at all. I mostly blame FE. This isn't a flame, but we've all seen FE wipe to Cazic Thule, Gorenaire, and Trakanon in the past couple weeks. The last time FE got Trak, it was because there were nearly 200 people all engaged at the same time. When FE gets a chance at a mob on their own, they usually fail. So not only is FTE dumb, guilds use it as a crutch to get kills they really have no business fucking with in the first place.

It reminds me of the beginning of the server when IB beat all the raid mobs because they had all the best players. Then Transcendence decided hey, they want to raid too! So they cried until GMs forced a rotation. They then proceeded to wipe to their target(s) every week, and then IB would come in and kill it after the ridiculous 24 hour engage timer expired.

It's EverQuest, only the most capable guilds should get the most highly contested mobs. The only way to do that is for the players to man up and agree to stop poopsocking. That's on you guys, not the creators of the game and especially not the fucking devs.

This guy

Cecily
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Not you Halito. The boring person above you.

falkun
02-20-2013, 04:33 PM
So you like wiping because refining your strat and not wiping is fun and exciting, but you are mad at the guild who is wiping and refining its strats?

I'll agree that both guilds have to agree to stop poopsocking for anything to change, but neither side appears to be able to agree to more than the server rules, which permit socks.

Maultriss
02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
To be fair, the last trak we killed we mobilized faster, fte'd faster, and killed Trak. It wasn't a 200 man poopsock. Also, to be fair, BDA started that 200 man poopsock as well as many others. TMO and FE sure as hell aren't the only ones poopsocking.

Hailto
02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
The last time FE got Trak, it was because there were nearly 200 people all engaged at the same time. When FE gets a chance at a mob on their own, they usually fail. So not only is FTE dumb, guilds use it as a crutch to get kills they really have no business fucking with in the first place.

Sorry bro, but this shows how little you actually know what you're talking about. The last time FE got Trak, which was the last 2-3 spawns in a row now, but the latest one there was zero poopsock at all. Trak spawned very early into the window, and FE simply out mobilized TMO on it, Tiggles even made a post admitting it.

Daldolma
02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Ya... when? Where? I think there was one listed example of a rotation pre-luclin and it wasnt on the major targets.

Quellious had a GM-enforced NToV rotation way before Luclin. And we definitely weren't the only ones, although I can't remember specifics from other servers.

But again, this was all a result of allowing competition in the beginning. We trained each other into the ground to the point where the only workable solution was a rotation. That's the way it has to be when there are more raiders than raid mobs, unless you want to re-imagine EQ -- but I thought the scope of this server was to reproduce classic, not amend classic to suit the needs of today.

If devs restored classic mechanics, there would be a rotation within a month.

Tanthallas
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
If you guys want raid kills why don't you spend the effort you're putting into crying on the forums about a rotation and challenge TMO?.

Nlaar
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
And it was 2011-2012, Nlaar, its been about a year!

Ugh. Thanks for the correction! Glad to see a year later we're still bullshitting over this haha.

Nlaar
02-20-2013, 04:53 PM

The devs have designed systems that are not classic (i.e., variance) which have drastically changed how this server's end game plays out. So let's remove variance already (or shorten it by 50-75%) and add in bi weekly simulated server resets and get racing again.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Not you Halito. The boring person above you.

Actually I think he was saying you havent deserved many of the kills you have rcv'd due to FTE rules... not that you wouldnt deserve them in the future. I think in essence he is saying whine less and perform better

this user was banned
02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
20 min respawn time on raid bosses

Daldolma
02-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Still waiting for someone to explain why classic endgame on a classic server would be a problem.

Cecily
02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Actually I think he was saying you havent deserved many of the kills you have rcv'd due to FTE rules... not that you wouldnt deserve them in the future. I think in essence he is saying whine less and perform better

I mean, you're welcome to your own interpretation. I usually try to condense large amounts of bullshit into concentrate. You lose some of it in the process, but in the end you're left with a nugget of truth.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 05:27 PM
I mean, you're welcome to your own interpretation. I usually try to condense large amounts of bullshit into concentrate. You lose some of it in the process, but in the end you're left with a nugget of truth.

You should take a post for what it is... not what you want it to be.

Cecily
02-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Ok.

Splorf22
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
The devs have designed systems that are not classic (i.e., variance) which have drastically changed how this server's end game plays out. So let's remove variance already (or shorten it by 50-75%) and add in bi weekly simulated server resets and get racing again.

I just cannot understand why Rogean has not done this after the whole huge raid changes thread.

Hailto
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
You should take a post for what it is... not what you want it to be.

The problem is he has already proven he doesn't know what hes talking about within that same post.

Cecily
02-20-2013, 05:40 PM
FTE... who gets what raid mob... none of it matters since the endgame has been fucking ruined by greed. - Opinion

EverQuest is a game. - Fact

It's supposed to be fun to play, not a job. - Conservative EQ values

Remember what was fun? Attempting VS for the first time and wiping, then refining your strategy until you get your first kill. That shit doesn't happen here since the mobs are dead within 45 seconds anyways. Everyone is treating raid targets like pixel pinatas. - Sit down billy while I tell you how grandpa killed dragons with fine steel.

Poopsocking didn't happen on live. Why? Because people played the game to have fun. Logging your main out for a week in Trak's lair wasn't fun then and it still isn't now. What was fun was when Trak popped and guilds started mobilizing to get there first, as most people were actually playing the game and doing shit, not just sitting there camped out with full raid buffs ready to go. - Dubious history lesson.

So everyone's mad and they're blaming each other, the game, or worse, blaming the fucking developers for not putting FTE shouts or whatever bullshit in the game. Fuck you. It's not the devs' job to design systems around your shitty playstyles. Don't want to poopsock/FTE? Then fucking go do something else, remove variance, and when the mob spawns go fucking kill it. Then you know exactly who engaged it first, and it's not a KS race. - If you don't like America, get out.

I don't blame TMO at all. I mostly blame FE. This isn't a flame, but we've all seen FE wipe to Cazic Thule, Gorenaire, and Trakanon in the past couple weeks. The last time FE got Trak, it was because there were nearly 200 people all engaged at the same time. When FE gets a chance at a mob on their own, they usually fail. So not only is FTE dumb, guilds use it as a crutch to get kills they really have no business fucking with in the first place. - Fuck FE

It reminds me of the beginning of the server when IB beat all the raid mobs because they had all the best players. Then Transcendence decided hey, they want to raid too! So they cried until GMs forced a rotation. They then proceeded to wipe to their target(s) every week, and then IB would come in and kill it after the ridiculous 24 hour engage timer expired. - Sit down billy while I tell you how grandpa killed dragons with fine steel.

It's EverQuest, only the most capable guilds should get the most highly contested mobs. The only way to do that is for the players to man up and agree to stop poopsocking. That's on you guys, not the creators of the game and especially not the fucking devs. - FE is unable to kill anything and should stop abusing FTE to take TMO's mobs

It's 100% bullshit. I'm sorry.

Cecily
02-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Compared to the rest of the sociopaths on this board? Haha maybe!

Heebo
02-20-2013, 05:58 PM
FTE... who gets what raid mob... none of it matters since the endgame has been fucking ruined by greed. - Opinion

EverQuest is a game. - Fact[/I]

It's supposed to be fun to play, not a job. - [I]Conservative EQ values

Remember what was fun? Attempting VS for the first time and wiping, then refining your strategy until you get your first kill. That shit doesn't happen here since the mobs are dead within 45 seconds anyways. Everyone is treating raid targets like pixel pinatas. - Sit down billy while I tell you how grandpa killed dragons with fine steel.

Poopsocking didn't happen on live. Why? Because people played the game to have fun. Logging your main out for a week in Trak's lair wasn't fun then and it still isn't now. What was fun was when Trak popped and guilds started mobilizing to get there first, as most people were actually playing the game and doing shit, not just sitting there camped out with full raid buffs ready to go. - Dubious history lesson.

So everyone's mad and they're blaming each other, the game, or worse, blaming the fucking developers for not putting FTE shouts or whatever bullshit in the game. Fuck you. It's not the devs' job to design systems around your shitty playstyles. Don't want to poopsock/FTE? Then fucking go do something else, remove variance, and when the mob spawns go fucking kill it. Then you know exactly who engaged it first, and it's not a KS race. - If you don't like America, get out.

I don't blame TMO at all. I mostly blame FE. This isn't a flame, but we've all seen FE wipe to Cazic Thule, Gorenaire, and Trakanon in the past couple weeks. The last time FE got Trak, it was because there were nearly 200 people all engaged at the same time. When FE gets a chance at a mob on their own, they usually fail. So not only is FTE dumb, guilds use it as a crutch to get kills they really have no business fucking with in the first place. - Fuck FE

It reminds me of the beginning of the server when IB beat all the raid mobs because they had all the best players. Then Transcendence decided hey, they want to raid too! So they cried until GMs forced a rotation. They then proceeded to wipe to their target(s) every week, and then IB would come in and kill it after the ridiculous 24 hour engage timer expired. - Sit down billy while I tell you how grandpa killed dragons with fine steel.

It's EverQuest, only the most capable guilds should get the most highly contested mobs. The only way to do that is for the players to man up and agree to stop poopsocking. That's on you guys, not the creators of the game and especially not the fucking devs. - FE is unable to kill anything and should stop abusing FTE to take TMO's mobs

It's 100% bullshit. I'm sorry.

It can really only be like 97% bullshit with that fact thrown in there.

radditsu
02-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Everquest is not a game. Everquest is LIFE.

Cecily
02-20-2013, 06:00 PM
All facts are bullshit too.

Shinko
02-20-2013, 06:01 PM
When FE gets a chance at a mob on their own, they usually fail. ouch, stings

Shinko
02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
fucking cecily learn to quote people

Shinko
02-20-2013, 06:05 PM

Rhambuk
02-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Disband all guilds, no reformations. All raids will be pickup.

Enygma
02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Velious again solves all problems because butt hurt noobs can compete on kunark content / get velious kael arena gear / HoT gear etc.

Cecily
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM

Today, 05:04 PM
Shinko
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan
trolls and lies....5k is owed to shinko when he logs online
Shinko Haynes The Defiler 60 Necro
Imba Pure Beef 60 Warlord

Officer <Forceful Entry>
http://forceful-entry.com/

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

Quick Reply
/[quote

Relapse2
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Velious wont fix anything. Eqmac has had Velious for 10 years and to this day, you still got morons poopsocking Dozekar and KT.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Velious wont fix anything. Eqmac has had Velious for 10 years and to this day, you still got morons poopsocking Dozekar and KT.

This isn't comparable as it is probably alot easier to poopsock Velious mobs when you have AA's, PoP gear and level 65. Derp

Relapse2
02-20-2013, 06:52 PM
This isn't comparable as it is probably alot easier to poopsock Velious mobs when you have AA's, PoP gear and level 65. Derp

some guilds play the game to have fun

Vintage - An EQ Mac Progression Guild on Al'Kabor

http://www.eqvintage.com/

eqmaze
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
5k says both VS and Trak go to less than 4 hrs in window so GMs can test new non-insta agro raid mobs.. Are you rdy for the poop!
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web05/2011/11/16/22/anigif_my-body-is-ready-8576-1321499733-22_preview.gif

quido
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
shit's not classic

http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/jeremysad.jpg

Hailto
02-20-2013, 07:02 PM
5k says both VS and Trak go to less than 4 hrs in window so GMs can test new non-insta agro raid mobs.. Are you rdy for the poop!
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web05/2011/11/16/22/anigif_my-body-is-ready-8576-1321499733-22_preview.gif

Yeah, i would say Trak is going late window tonight for sure.

Kekephee
02-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Velious again solves all problems because butt hurt noobs can compete on kunark content / get velious kael arena gear / HoT gear etc.

Don't you think the same people who are killing low-end dragons that they don't need just to keep loot out of the hands of rival guilds (and, by extension, keeping loot out of the hands of everyone else) will do the same thing with Kael arena mobs and shit?

Byrjun
02-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Should have known better than to post in this thread, since my suggestion to just stop poopsocking and go back to classic style EQ raids which are much more fun just devolved into people misquoting my post into "fuck FE" or "fuck TMO." sigh.

Tanthallas
02-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Should have known better than to post in this thread, since my suggestion to just stop poopsocking and go back to classic style EQ raids which are much more fun just devolved into people misquoting my post into "fuck FE" or "fuck TMO." sigh.

Thats probably because your 'facts' seem to be skewed.

Alarti0001
02-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Thats probably because your 'facts' seem to be skewed.

You wouldn't know!

Tiggles
02-20-2013, 09:42 PM

Fucking confirmed

Scowlie
02-20-2013, 10:00 PM

Do you get all of your information from RNF? You clearly have no idea what the raid scene is currently like.

EnnoiaII
02-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Do you get all of your information from RNF? You clearly have no idea what the raid scene is currently like.

I've got a pretty accurate idea of what the raid scene is like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlA51ZvrkpQ