PDA

View Full Version : New Raiding Rules

Grahm
11-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Shud be a new rule.........who ever calls out a raid mob with the LEAST amount of players gets dibs, but HAS to kill the mob with that amount of players.

TMO calls trak with 15....BDA can call it with 14 players...tmo can then lower there number to 13...etc etc

Shows the most skill IMO and lowers poop socking. Can track for 2 days for trak, have 40 man raid....as long as 10+ opposing guild shows up and call they want to go at it with 10-39 players and then first guild can either barter to there 38 players or let BDA try it with 10 and if they wipe first guild gets free raid mob. If they kill mob, then props to them for having the balls to do it with so little.

Should should be the "players rotation" instead of them actually agreeing on rotation for actual free mobs. cause no matter what fuck GM forced raid rules. (clearly other than KSing / training etc etc.)

Grow a pair. Try it out for one mob.

Versus
11-13-2012, 01:23 AM

quido
11-13-2012, 01:53 AM
Would be more interesting if maintained on that one mob for an amount of time, to see how it progresses. It would be a different game if it was only happening once.

Lexical
11-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Problem with this is that it doesn't allow for new competition to easily come into the raiding scene as the teams with the least amount of people being able to kill the mob will generally have the best gear i.e. the gear from the mob they are trying to kill in most cases. It would require a on gear on the toons participating such as a 60 warrior with planar gear is worth 1 while a 60 warrior with full kunark gear is worth like 1.1 and a 50 warrior in all cloth armor and rusty weapons is worth .001 or something.This of course would become incredibly complex and a lot of balancing and trial and error for proper weight distribution.

A simpler solution would be loot is divided by percentage damage a guild deals to a raid boss. The percentage of damage would constitute a "bid" for whatever item the guild wants to bid on and the guild with the highest amount of bid points on the item gets that item. In case of ties, NBG will be implemented in order to promote a better spread of items. For example, if TMO deals 60%, BDA deals 30%, and FE deals 10% to trak and trak drops 2 BP, TMO can't garner both of them since BDA can easily put all its bids onto one BP, but TMO can easily get one BP and some teeth since they clearly contributed the most and thus deserve it. The bids can be calculated via a script and then the bidding process can take place. This solution allows newer guilds to still participate and earn a spot in the raiding scene while giving just rewards to the veterans.

Lexical
11-14-2012, 08:23 AM
But I do like your idea Grahm over the current FTE circus show we have.

Halfelfbard
11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
LOL, laugh snort giggle.

what i hear in all these threads! "We want loot, and want it now!...make raiding easier for us so we can have items"

This is Everquest. If you didn't remember, its a make yourself kinda game...You and your guild control your destiny. Now stop crying and start tracking and getting shit done.

Orruar
11-14-2012, 10:25 AM
LOL, laugh snort giggle.

what i hear in all these threads! "We want loot, and want it now!...make raiding easier for us so we can have items"

This is Everquest. If you didn't remember, its a make yourself kinda game...You and your guild control your destiny. Now stop crying and start tracking and getting shit done.

So you think the FTE poopsockfest environment we have now "is Everquest"? Wake up, you fucking tool.

Tecmos Deception
11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Fun idea, but there would be a lot of devils in the details, and it wouldn't end up working out well. I mean, where do you draw the line between someone counting towards that number and not? Help getting to a boss? Pre-fight buffs? What happens to a bunch of people who want to raid but aren't needed for certain/any raid kills? It's not like anyone is going to bring ranger DPS or a druid or more than 1 tank, etc. What happens when a guild keeps bidding with the same 10 people even though they used to raid with 30+? Are the other 20 going to get loot when they aren't brought to raids? Are those other 20 going to break off and make their own guild? Are the 10 going to break off and monopolize every kill?

Yeah.

Autotune
11-14-2012, 12:08 PM
while you guys all fought over what number you were going to kill the mob with, i'd come in with my 50 ninjas and kill it.

Autotune
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Would be so much more simple to make a max limit of people in guild, like 40!

i'd come in with my 40 ninjas and kill it.

Nirgon
11-14-2012, 12:50 PM
I think it should be whoever's group gets xp on the mob.

No need for GM involvement, and its actually way less subjective of a measure than who can touch it first the millisecond it spawns.

Autotune
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM

No need for GM involvement, and its actually way less subjective of a measure than who can touch it first the millisecond it spawns.

then allow trains, so you can train retards away from poopsocking spawn points.

Nirgon
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Just saying man.

"I touched it first" is pretty fuckin' stupid.

eqravenprince
11-14-2012, 01:22 PM

What would stop a guild from having a team with 6 DPS then? No credit to the tank, healer, cc, pullers, etc.

Autotune
11-14-2012, 01:36 PM
What would stop a guild from having a team with 6 DPS then? No credit to the tank, healer, cc, pullers, etc.

Trains, Mobs that AE, etc.

agdros
11-14-2012, 01:39 PM

The guild with tanks, healers, and such, better have a ks team ready to go.
It is not like 6 people can just sneak into a fight and then KS... the guild attacking the mob would know about it. There are plenty of strategies to combat against KS crews.

Whoever gets XP should get the loot. That was how it was done on classic. GM involvement in classic was rarely a factor especially when it came to end game content.

Trains should be allowed in any zone that has a raid target.

eqravenprince
11-14-2012, 01:54 PM
The guild with tanks, healers, and such, better have a ks team ready to go.
It is not like 6 people can just sneak into a fight and then KS... the guild attacking the mob would know about it. There are plenty of strategies to combat against KS crews.

Whoever gets XP should get the loot. That was how it was done on classic. GM involvement in classic was rarely a factor especially when it came to end game content.

Trains should be allowed in any zone that has a raid target.

You are advocating training people? Are you retarded?

Nirgon
11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
What would stop a team of having 6 dps that can outdps a team of 6 TMO melees with disciplines?

I dunno how about not having 6 melees with that kind of dedication and gear? Anyone? Anyone?

Is "I touched it first" really a better system? This guy doesn't think so.

India
11-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Are you retarded?

It's RnF, do you really need to ask? ;)

Autotune
11-14-2012, 02:21 PM
You can't accomplish anything without skill, sorry mate.'

Do you even play anymore?

Yes, I actually have a character in your guild now that I read your sig.

Tasslehofp99
11-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Just use /random to settle this shit, leave things to chance.

Or...leave things the way they are and watch the server pop plummet like it did pre-kunark.
Folks want to experience the rest of kunark before velious comes out, you know...the other 85% of the server whos not in TMO.

Heebo
11-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Just use /random to settle this shit, leave things to chance.

Or...leave things the way they are and watch the server pop plummet like it did pre-kunark.
Folks want to experience the rest of kunark before velious comes out, you know...the other 85% of the server whos not in TMO.

Merely wanting something is not enough. Gotta put in work for that leaf blower.