PDA

View Full Version : Will resists ever be readdressed?

mostbitter
10-06-2012, 04:21 PM
It's fantastic that magic resist was tweaked so much, it still isn't where it should be but its improved greatly. My question is will any of the other 5 resistances ever be looked into? I've never seen a partial resist come my way, never a full resistance. Currently no one bothers raising any resistance other than magic, as that is the only one which has had any work done at all.

The pvp isn't very "classic" here. There where some spells which had greatly tweaked resistance levels in pvp, such as winged death, splurt,cold/fire nukes, ebolt, mesmerize, etc. I would test resistance in pvp on live with low level spells, making the call after a few casts. Here I can load what I want to land and push the button. Viola it happens.

How much effort has been put into these things here? It seems like the answer is none. We still have people getting hit first cast with T staff, for full duration, while pushing 150+ magic resistance.

The current pvp resistance system diminishes the experience by making every class as capable of landing spells as any other. It discourages resistance stacking, which pushes stats lower on melee characters so that they won't fight you in their max stat pve gear just as effectively in their resistance set. It pushes mana pools down so that you are forced to pick your spells just right. It just made the game more fun.

I'm curious as to what the state of red resistance development is? I'm afraid that it's none and that I'll just be scoffed at for this post.

heartbrand
10-06-2012, 04:22 PM
t-staff is flagged unresistable that's why it's been nerfed on prior boxes

fiegi 2.5
10-06-2012, 04:52 PM
there is no red resistance development

mitic
10-06-2012, 05:02 PM
i made a post in the pvp-bug section here about the unresistable t-staff proc and the thread was deleted after 10 minutes. wonder why? :)

Fiegi 3.5
10-06-2012, 05:02 PM
nothin wrong with resists

lets move it along here

Dullah
10-06-2012, 05:13 PM
You can get partials on fire/cold with 120 reliably. Even 100ish partials are common.

Silikten
10-06-2012, 10:38 PM
One Hundred Blows
Classes:

None

Description

1: SpinStun
2: Decrease Hitpoints by 120

Monsters with this ability

a stifling nemesis

Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
Mana: 55 Casting Time: 2.5
Recast Time: 6.5 Fizzle Time: 1.5
Resist: Unresistable Range: 200
Fizzle Adj: 25 Interruptable: Yes
Target Type: Single Spell Type: Detrimental
Category: NPC Source: Live 09/14
Duration: Instant

Zalaerian
10-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Fuck yea classic tstaff procs, sounds like shit tons of fun.

EverBeard
10-07-2012, 09:51 AM
My black friend quit because of Casey

Silikten
10-07-2012, 03:41 PM
classic proc is what made it so. . .classic. Hope it is really the 10s spin stun or that'd be lame as LoZ's nerf :(

mostbitter
10-07-2012, 03:45 PM
How long did that last on pvp servers? I remember it being adjusted nearly immediately, but I did no research. Blows my mind how some things can be handled with such obvious disregard here. T staff is obviously one of the things you can't let stay as is on a pvp server as it creates more of the same problems the community has been upset about by the broken resistance system ( unresistable crowd control) and consists of a spell which has already been otherwise adjusted to be more easily resisted (whirl till you hurl)

heartbrand
10-07-2012, 03:53 PM
classic proc is what made it so. . .classic. Hope it is really the 10s spin stun or that'd be lame as LoZ's nerf :(

You don't play here, thanks, opinion worthless.

BigSlip
10-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, let me get whirl back since monks now have it and thiers lands every time!

Or take it away! Let me lol in nizzars face when i resist his whirl w 140 mr.

jjgerman
10-07-2012, 04:05 PM
ask oddjob how he likes the t staff proc, 3 bags of instant gate potions cant even save him now.

On a lighter note, destin.........seriously brotha? No one gets partial damage at 100 cr/fr lol............................................... .....................its very rare

BigSlip
10-07-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGN0Qn7wYI8&feature=youtu.be

^ oddjob down

mostbitter
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
I'd also like to see spells other than T staff fall in line with classic resistance tables. Life taps should be essentially unresistable , Winged Death should have adjusted tables to require very high MR to resist, fire and ice nukes should partial down to a percentage based upon resist, not full or resist.

BigSlip
10-07-2012, 04:31 PM
I have proof of partials happening. Sorry if the photoshop is a little crude.

Northwest has decent fire resist. The time i fought him after this time he whipped my ass because i got partials on every single nuke. I didnt take pictures of that one ;)

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j438/Sskape1/Untitled3.png

Edit : Draught of fire at lvl 52 lands for 430 for me tops. Check out the near half partials goin on there.

Double edit : he was also red to me. figured id add that since levels seem to matter. Might not of resisted partials if he was even to me at the time with same stats.

Cwall
10-07-2012, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGN0Qn7wYI8&feature=youtu.be

^ oddjob down

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hah

Clark
10-07-2012, 06:02 PM
My black friend quit because of Casey

lmao "Everbeard"

Also what nerf did whirl get?

Zalaerian
10-07-2012, 07:39 PM
No tears about windstrikers yet or not enough poopsocking yet to slay EoV?

BigSlip
10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
LOL they wipe way too hard to spiroc lord. EoV is un-touchable.

Dullah
10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Wx4DI.jpg

Tycko
10-07-2012, 08:08 PM

Our Spiroc wipe was even worse than your recent naggy wipe. Which means it was horrible!!!!!!! /cry

Zereh
10-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Touchable.

Yagebasto
10-07-2012, 08:11 PM
/thread hahaha

Vayder
10-07-2012, 08:13 PM

lol indeed

Dullah
10-07-2012, 08:23 PM
ask oddjob how he likes the t staff proc, 3 bags of instant gate potions cant even save him now.

On a lighter note, destin.........seriously brotha? No one gets partial damage at 100 cr/fr lol............................................... .....................its very rare

Resisted 40% or so of the dmg just now at 107fr. Second cast. Apparently full dmg was 429.

http://i.imgur.com/BEyI6.jpg

Dullah
10-07-2012, 08:25 PM
On the real tho, if they wanted to "nerf" tstaff, they could just reduce the stun duration to be 70% like all the other spells on the server. Every other spell duration and dmg is reduced, why not the effect on one hundred blows?

mostbitter
10-07-2012, 08:43 PM
need to just give it the resist table that whirl till you hurl has

BigSlip
10-07-2012, 10:34 PM
sorry i just assumed, since i witnessed a nasty wipe with 25 to spiroc lord like 2 weeks ago.

Smedy
10-08-2012, 02:37 AM
The only thing needed to be done to tstaffs is making it more rare, the proc is a equalizer, helps underdogs fucking up some serious neckbeards with 15 chins.

You fucks should be happy there's no ranger with the windstriker bow + 50% clicky haste cloak + 900 DD proc weapons.

If you newbs didnt know tstaff would change things up in kunark you suck at everquest. I made a monk for one reason, tstaff, i put all my points into dex for one reason, tstaff. This is the advantage of having played the game before.

Cwall
10-08-2012, 03:51 AM
king swede dunking on mexican bluebies with no game

jeffd
10-08-2012, 04:29 AM
need to get another one so i can make anklestaff tbqh

Dullah
10-08-2012, 08:01 AM
The only thing needed to be done to tstaffs is making it more rare, the proc is a equalizer, helps underdogs fucking up some serious neckbeards with 15 chins.

You fucks should be happy there's no ranger with the windstriker bow + 50% clicky haste cloak + 900 DD proc weapons.

If you newbs didnt know tstaff would change things up in kunark you suck at everquest. I made a monk for one reason, tstaff, i put all my points into dex for one reason, tstaff. This is the advantage of having played the game before.

If you think everyone short of Mellowyellow didn't know this before the server was created, you're kiddin yourself. Wow, you had the foresight to pump dex, did you figure this out while wearing your mensa windbreaker? Clearly such mental prowess at the character select screen should be awarded an "I win" button.

In kunark-velious, the potential of the t-staff wasn't known by most, and how to farm them was almost entirely a mystery. Like other things that were nerfed, tstaff gave a serious advantage that completely imbalanced a class in pvp akin to melee being able to insta dispel all your buffs (egg shaped pumice). Had they been as prevalent on live pvp servers as they are today, they'd have been nerfed.

Whether anything would even be done about it even if we all agreed is anyones guess. I think the simplest solution would be to put the spell in line with all other spell damage and effects and to shorten the duration in pvp. Every other spell lasts a fraction of its time in pvp as it does in pve, so why not this proc thats already unresistable?

Smedy
10-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Mad ramblings of a wizard who got use to 1 shotting melees for the past 12 months, and when finally melees start gainging some power (which they knew was gonna happen) they cry.

Move along sir, or roll monk/ranger and get your weapon ready son.

Nirgon
10-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Cries for unclassic changes.

Fix resists, leave tstaff alone.

The only "change" needed is you might need a shoe horn on entry for the next time Smedy's size 13 1/2 swede iksar dong comes up in ya.

Humerox
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
C'mon guys...how can you seriously argue the T-staff doesn't need some kind of nerf?

:eek:

Dullah
10-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Cries for unclassic changes.

Fix resists, leave tstaff alone.

The only "change" needed is you might need a shoe horn on entry for the next time Smedy's size 13 1/2 swede iksar dong comes up in ya.

I believe you played Everquest, and thus you know pvp didn't involve t-staffs determining the outcome of every encounter they come into play. That is the often the reality of r99 pvp atm. Its great and all, because we generally have 2 t-staffs to 1, but to pretend its classic because the mechanic of the proc is working correctly, is to overlook all the other more important factors in EQ pvp like personal player skill and tactics.

Right now its, "ok guys, looks like they outnumber us in t-staffs 2-1, so we are going to have to scrap our plans and wait till we can get further t-staff reinforcements."

Slight exaggeration, but only slightly.

Labanen
10-08-2012, 01:25 PM
we got most T-staffs and most high level monks. We got the most to win by keeping the current status... but its just pointless to have something that OP in game, it certainly doesnt encourage the PVP, which is sad since we finally got another guild up and running who want to engage in these battles.

EdwardCullen
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
I believe you played Everquest, and thus you know pvp didn't involve t-staffs determining the outcome of every encounter they come into play. That is the often the reality of r99 pvp atm. Its great and all, because we generally have 2 t-staffs to 1, but to pretend its classic because the mechanic of the proc is working correctly, is to overlook all the other more important factors in EQ pvp like personal player skill and tactics.

Right now its, "ok guys, looks like they outnumber us in t-staffs 2-1, so we are going to have to scrap our plans and wait till we can get further t-staff reinforcements."

Slight exaggeration, but only slightly.

Kind of like conflag wands. Of course that wasn't an issue when you were a Wizard.

Dullah
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
No, not really. In 6 months of plane of hate, I used 4 maybe 5 wands. When people are losing, they will always find an excuse. That was just the flavor of the month. Still sore?

jeffd
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
i'm generally grouped with smedy/drunkenswami whenever i'm on (2x tstaffs) and i still think they should be nerfed

magic(-50) + 3s stun = confirmed blissful utopia

Vile
10-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Would love to know some people's /played time in this thread.

Just saying bros...

Samrothstein
10-08-2012, 03:14 PM
So if resists aren't changed yet to be very close to live here, why would a non classic change be made to the tstaff?

Not to mention pvp doesn't always occur under the terms of "okay here they come, everyone get on your monks!".

Littlegyno 9.0
10-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Server thriving. Sirken's leadership will bring glory to Red99.

heartbrand
10-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Dullah trying to get something nerfed to make him stronger again? Nothing new here.

mostbitter
10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
It's not just dullah. Thousands upon thousands of players, as well as the creative team that was in charge at that time, agreed that the t staff needed to be nerfed on live. Even without the proc it is potentially the best weapon available during this era. It was nerfed on VZ/TZ where everything else was left unclassic. It ought to have never been implemented as is.

Tumdumm
10-08-2012, 09:19 PM
tstaff only works if they hit you with it right?
stop gettin hit, duh

mostbitter
10-08-2012, 09:20 PM
easy to say when you're 49 and everyone else is out of range am i rite

Smedy
10-09-2012, 02:21 AM
lots of mad wizards on here not happy about the fact that tanking a melee in kunark isn't the best idea

Lets see what modifications has been made in the favor or casters:

Instant cast pumice nerfed, huge advantage for casters. I'll hate to do this but i'll bring you into a little secret, i never get how people let me pumice myself, i have zero channeling, if you actually learned 2 pvp instead of mindlessly spamming sunstrike maybe you'd realize once i'm rooted, i'm fucked, since any type of damage to me will be a 100% interrupt meaning root will sit for the duration.

Magic resist nerfed, huge advantage for casters. Again, casters are benefiting from the roots landing way more then pure melees, casters have several of abilities to escape while being crowd controlled such as, gate, yonder, shadowstep, fade, various DA's, meanwhile pure melees once again, cannot channel their 3 second cast pumice, yet bad players on this server let pure melees escape with pumice, cause again. To busy casting 7 second nuke and being bad at the game.

Recharging golems wands nerfed: again, bigger advantage for casters then melees. Melees usually roll unbuffed, or hybrid self buffed, thus not resulting in a huge advantage if pelled, meanwhile casters have the sickest buffs in game and we can't do much about that on red99 can we.

Lets nerf Tstaff to, a melee based proc that goes off every 30 swings that is easily avoided, cause i'd be damned if my wizard has to die, evar.

FlaviusResistance
10-09-2012, 02:27 AM
king swede dunking on mexican bluebies with no game

http://i50.tinypic.com/2prihhi.jpg

Tycko
10-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Are you coming to the weekly T-staff club meetings smedy? You seem to be quite vocal about keeping them un-nerfed. We need more advocates who will represent our interests on r99, make sure to come every friday at 9:00am

heartbrand
10-09-2012, 09:05 AM
lots of mad wizards on here not happy about the fact that tanking a melee in kunark isn't the best idea

Instant cast pumice nerfed, huge advantage for casters. I'll hate to do this but i'll bring you into a little secret, i never get how people let me pumice myself, i have zero channeling, if you actually learned 2 pvp instead of mindlessly spamming sunstrike maybe you'd realize once i'm rooted, i'm fucked, since any type of damage to me will be a 100% interrupt meaning root will sit for the duration.

Magic resist nerfed, huge advantage for casters. Again, casters are benefiting from the roots landing way more then pure melees, casters have several of abilities to escape while being crowd controlled such as, gate, yonder, shadowstep, fade, various DA's, meanwhile pure melees once again, cannot channel their 3 second cast pumice, yet bad players on this server let pure melees escape with pumice, cause again. To busy casting 7 second nuke and being bad at the game.

Recharging golems wands nerfed: again, bigger advantage for casters then melees. Melees usually roll unbuffed, or hybrid self buffed, thus not resulting in a huge advantage if pelled, meanwhile casters have the sickest buffs in game and we can't do much about that on red99 can we.

Lets nerf Tstaff to, a melee based proc that goes off every 30 swings that is easily avoided, cause i'd be damned if my wizard has to die, evar.

having said that unresistable anything is gay and I do wish it was some sort of high modifier that you @ least had a chance of resisting

EdwardCullen
10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Zero channeling is also homosexual.

Smedy
10-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Suppose to be unresistable dawg, shits classic, however me getting rooted with 150 mr, ain't classic.

From this data, the odds are against me as a melee, if this was nerfed shits even worse, better just rmt datt loot b4 wizards cry 2 hard dawgs

Gandalf happened

EdwardCullen
10-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I concur with the above poster. Just a few weeks ago Dullah was saying melees have no chance in combat because they are rooted with 170 mr. Now the T-Staff is unstoppable. This trend of "nerf anything that my class cannot take advantage of" has got to stop. It sickens me to see obese 7 chinned humans such as Dullah worry about such trivial matters.

heartbrand
10-09-2012, 10:21 AM
I just wish that resists always played some factor with all spells so that if you had, say, 250+ MR you had a shot at resisting. Either way it's classic and avoidable.

Greegon
10-09-2012, 10:28 AM
there is no red resistance development

good work detective

Dullah
10-09-2012, 10:31 AM

All that text to justify having an I win button.

Vayder
10-09-2012, 10:51 AM
tstaff only works if they hit you with it right?
stop gettin hit, duh

Viable strat until Windstrikers start to appear.

Tycko
10-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Windstrikers are incoming, is your body ready?

EdwardCullen
10-09-2012, 11:01 AM
I am more alive than the current server.

Dullah
10-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm a wizard and my nukes partial and cost too much mana not viable nerf asap here is me casting 100 comets and rend I can't kill anyone

I'm a rogue and I never resist root, nerf casters I can't pumice root this is nit viable nerf asap here is me doing 100 root and stun tests

Tldr make it easier for whatever class I am currently playing, nerf everyone else.- Dullah

None of those scenarios were argued for wizard or rogues, but in general for everyone. You can't claim a wizard (who had no alt at the time) is arguing in favor of wizards when he is asking to nerf root you mental midget.

Nirgon
10-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Destin you realize you can spam draught of ice with manaskin up and kill most of these kids just stop

Dullah
10-09-2012, 11:26 AM
I know you can, but I play a melee 90% of the time right now. I like to diversify.

My posts are the only thing consistent around here. I don't champion topics on behalf of any class or guild, but because I love EQ and want to continue to enjoy it.

RoguePhantom
10-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Wizards.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Lure_of_Flame

http://wiki.project1999.org/Lure_of_Ice

http://wiki.project1999.org/Lure_of_Lightning

If you use ANY spell other than these, you are retarded.

Nirgon
10-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Whenever ole Rogean/Nilbog clear their plate and want to have the sit down talk, my time is theirs.

^ spell damage is wrong, good 1 tho

http://wiki.project1999.org/Spell:Tears_of_Prexus

^ awesome for instagibbing nakeds. One thing wrong here is in classic rains were wonky in pvp, they'd rain triples on every person... not treat it like mobs or w/e. However, from what I can tell they hit FAR MORE here... again.. great for killing nakeds.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Annul_Magic

^ here's a good one if the guys upstairs ever want to get the dispel system in place (aka cancel magic cant 1 shot remove everything, nullify doesn't always get 2 buffs and takes spell strength into account)

http://wiki.project1999.org/Yonder

^ gud1

http://wiki.project1999.org/Levitate

^ might hafta recast during a fight

http://wiki.project1999.org/Invisibility

^ can sneak this sucker in too

http://wiki.project1999.org/Ice_Spear_of_Solist

^ good 1

More to a wizard than just mash lure bud.

Then there's what I shared with Gloinz.

fiegi 2.5
10-09-2012, 02:01 PM
I diversify my portfolio

Dullah diversify's his eq experience

Vayder
10-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I diversify my portfolio

Dullah diversify's his eq experience

Chances fiegi has a portfolio are lower than resists being readdressed.

BigSlip
10-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Wizards.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Lure_of_Flame

http://wiki.project1999.org/Lure_of_Ice

If you use ANY spell other than these, you are retarded.

lol @ this fool