PDA

View Full Version : Take Rants & Flames to Server Chat now I guess

Reiker Zzz
06-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Since 75% of threads here are getting locked / straight up deleted even when no rules are being broken.

Stealin Dragons
06-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Since 75% of threads here are getting locked / straight up deleted even when no rules are being broken.

HarrisonCantBeStopped
06-17-2012, 06:39 PM
I take a weekend off for Father's day festivities etc. and some new nazi invades our forums?

Uthagain
06-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Apparently someone who takes exception to the nature of R&F has been deemed a good choice to moderate the forums worse than guineapig and aasimon combined. This is not good for the server's health, especially on the heels of a number of other poor decisions leading to the decline of the server's health.

R&F has always been a free for all of drama that kept people interested in the server even while off playing other games, whether it was against the staff or against other players, people enjoyed coming here for something entertaining and interesting to add to their days. People are only going to believe what they want to believe, and no statement on R&F is going to sway the opinion of the individual.

Congragulations to the latest addition, you may not be familiar with where this server came from or how it was administered before decisions were influenced more by emotion than rules, but your short sighted self-interest is another nail in the coffin. Ban, lock, whatever. No one cares anymore, at this point.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gAGP24eq_0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lazortag
06-18-2012, 12:32 AM
R&F has always been a free for all of drama that kept people interested in the server even while off playing other games, whether it was against the staff or against other players, people enjoyed coming here for something entertaining and interesting to add to their days. People are only going to believe what they want to believe, and no statement on R&F is going to sway the opinion of the individual.

Honestly, seeing all these threads get locked within a minute of being posted is pretty entertaining in itself.

Uthagain
06-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Until they stop being posted. A pond that's too clean has no fish.

Hasbinlulz
06-18-2012, 12:38 AM
About time, now we people can swim without you slimy bastards tickling our feet.

Uthagain
06-18-2012, 12:42 AM
While he was brought on for a legitimate reason, to take care of the people who were flooding the forums with excessive negativity, this appears to be the standard case of the rookie who runs around looking for trouble and finding it everywhere, whether it exists or not. A couple of chuckles from rogean later and he beams, thinking he's doing a good job, but under rogean's auspices, the server has dropped lower and lower. Don't presume him to be a judge of what's good for the server, particularly on matters of controversy, which he can't refrain from placing himself in the middle of.

HarrisonCantBeStopped
06-18-2012, 01:16 AM
About time, now we people can swim without you slimy bastards tickling our feet.

^posts "kill cops", "kill every service member in the country", and other such nonsense, but thinks he's a paragon of morality.

Thank God that you are a smoker and the likelihood of you dying a slow and excruciatingly painful death is pretty massive on top of your sedentary lifestyle and obesity.

Kimm Barely
06-18-2012, 01:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/F9gfZ.png

Sextar
06-18-2012, 01:27 AM
keep reddit on reddit

Kimm Barely
06-18-2012, 01:56 AM
its too mainstream

Reiker Zzz
06-18-2012, 05:19 AM
I didn't think it could get worse than guineapig. I was very wrong.

Uthagain
06-18-2012, 06:52 AM
Apparently the quality of willing volunteers has dropped to people who want to feel special more than they want to help the server improve. It shows every time sundawg derps all over the db, or a mod drives more people off of the forum.

When I was running interference handling all of this myself, everyone said the problem wasn't that bad. Now, instead of having someone active in the community as the focal point of controversy, that focus is spilling over to them, and they're realizing that it can take its toll on patience and disposition.

Arguments on R&F that are barely offensive aren't what's causing the server to decline, repeated bad decisions made by being out of touch with the playerbase, and an inability or unwillingness to correctly identify good and bad things for a server.

Criticism will happen whether it's censored or not, and if all contradicting speech is censored, people will speak elsewhere. You've already seen that begin to happen, with the external forum links that were removed. When in the history of this server has that ever happened before? It hasn't. If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve.

Alarti0001
06-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Apparently the quality of willing volunteers has dropped to people who want to feel special more than they want to help the server improve. It shows every time sundawg derps all over the db, or a mod drives more people off of the forum.

When I was running interference handling all of this myself, everyone said the problem wasn't that bad. Now, instead of having someone active in the community as the focal point of controversy, that focus is spilling over to them, and they're realizing that it can take its toll on patience and disposition.

Arguments on R&F that are barely offensive aren't what's causing the server to decline, repeated bad decisions made by being out of touch with the playerbase, and an inability or unwillingness to correctly identify good and bad things for a server.

Criticism will happen whether it's censored or not, and if all contradicting speech is censored, people will speak elsewhere. You've already seen that begin to happen, with the external forum links that were removed. When in the history of this server has that ever happened before? It hasn't. If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve.

Preach on brother man!

Danyelle
06-18-2012, 09:02 AM

Boromir has spoken!

Harazzer
06-18-2012, 09:15 AM

This server has never suffered from any shortage of bias or censureship going back to day one. Just looks different now that you are on the outside looking in. If you started here without a pocket GM to fight battles for you then you got walked all over by staff working in the interest of whatever group they were part of. Server lost hundreds of people for that reason alone. Just ask reiker before he joined the winning team over there. Him and his crew were summary banned early on so it looks like the smartened up fast and jumped in a guild with some GM support. Server has consistently been a cesspool of corruption since its inception. You either accept it and play anyway or walk away.

Uthagain
06-18-2012, 09:35 AM
As a polarizing personality and one of the most active staff on the server for about a year, I drew most of it my way. I wasn't saying the criticism is different, I'm absolutely agreeing with you and saying it's the same as it's ever been. What I'm saying was different was that now, they're seeing what it's like to be the focus of it. And now they're making emotional decisions.

It's a different ballgame when you're the one getting beat up daily. And those emotional decisions lead to harmful results. When it's a staff member you can micromanage the interactions. When it's the people running the project, there's no one to give you reality checks except the playerbase.

There's a reason you never take a pulse with your thumb. You'll feel your own pulse instead. In this case, that translates to making bad short term decisions, like setting loose a dipstick with validation issues on a forum to make it less frustrating, at the cost of what facilitates server health.

Dravingar
06-18-2012, 01:16 PM
like setting loose a dipstick with validation issues on a forum to make it less frustrating, at the cost of what facilitates server

Oh, the irony.

Bodeanicus
06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
As a polarizing personality and one of the most active staff on the server for about a year...

No, you were a power tripping, bipolar dick who fucked with people because at the time, you could. Don't make yourself out to be the martyred White Knight. You're an asshole who enjoys being an asshole, and you were fired for it. Go fuck yourself.

Artah
06-18-2012, 01:35 PM

If you want a clean pond go to server chat yo! This place is obviously not for you then. This is another example of people blaming others for their own stupidity. Seriously, think about it.

We need RnF on this section of the forum not pink/purple flowers and bunnies.

Freedom of speech is important for some people.

Artah
06-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Preach on brother man!

Really miss those Uth GM events, I don't think it will ever be the same if someone else runs those events in the future.

Silentone
06-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Hate Uthgaurd or Love him
- His stance on RMT was obvious
- His stance on cheating was obvious
- He went above and beyond to make sure that the server was legit.

Personally never had a issue with him, I have heard he was harsh on punishment and maybe that was part of his flaws, but I rather have a harsh GM then no GM at all.

In Uthgaurd I trust.

BodeanicusBaldingSlob
06-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Hate Uthgaurd or Love him
- His stance on RMT was obvious
- His stance on cheating was obvious
- He went above and beyond to make sure that the server was legit.

Personally never had a issue with him, I have heard he was harsh on punishment and maybe that was part of his flaws, but I rather have a harsh GM then no GM at all.

In Uthgaurd I trust.

This is very odd coming from someone in the guild exploiting the hardest currently.