PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Bards: new bug (lull on mobs)

mitic
05-09-2010, 12:23 PM
i finaly was able to reproduce this tricky bug:

kelin's lugubrious lament (bard lull lvl 8) is buged right now

once casted on a mob, the mob wont be attackable as long the effect is active on it. you can cast spells on the mob but are not able to hit with weapons. it doesnt happen always but quite often

Skaff
05-09-2010, 12:44 PM

once casted on a mob, the mob wont be attackable as long the effect is active on it. you can cast spells on the mob but are not able to hit with weapons. it doesnt happen always but quite often

If true... you might want to delete this and move it down to the other section of exploits. Sounds pretty crazy the way you are describing it :)

Lazortag
05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I've actually never noticed the bug that's being described.

Also, maybe I just don't know how lull works, but it seems to not work that often even if it's not explicitly "resisted".

Yinaltin
05-09-2010, 02:49 PM
i was with mitic in lord group in lower guk . he chamed an wizzard froogie and all were not able to melee dmg it but my undead spells worked . he first conned amiably to us , charm worn off and froggie was kos again but was not meleeable :) also the dmg done by spells was not shown on the target % health display . but eventually he died by spells .

mitic
05-09-2010, 04:23 PM
If true... you might want to delete this and move it down to the other section of exploits. Sounds pretty crazy the way you are describing it :)

i forgot to add that the mob can hit you while u can not hit him with weapons..spells work tho and as soon the lull effect wears off all is fine again

i was with mitic in lord group in lower guk . he chamed an wizzard froogie and all were not able to melee dmg it but my undead spells worked . he first conned amiably to us , charm worn off and froggie was kos again but was not meleeable also the dmg done by spells was not shown on the target % health display . but eventually he died by spells .

i charmed him cause that red mob kept hitting on us in the 150ish dmg while we where not able to do anything. while he was charmed the lull effect weared off and we could hit him again (my mezz was to low for the mob so i charmed him btw)

Jify
05-09-2010, 04:29 PM

Not so sure it's that simple. I was lulling FGs and tanking them, they were not immune to any melee damage (at least from me). Maybe this is limited to certain zones/mobs?

Jify
05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
i was with mitic in lord group in lower guk . he chamed an wizzard froogie and all were not able to melee dmg it but my undead spells worked . he first conned amiably to us , charm worn off and froggie was kos again but was not meleeable :) also the dmg done by spells was not shown on the target % health display . but eventually he died by spells .

Please note that if something is charmed and then breaks, you have to retarget the mob in order to see updated HP, do melee DPS, or send you pet in to attack.

Cheers!

Edit: I should clarify what I mean by retarget. You must target something else, then target the mob that was charmed. It's HP will update, spell damage will show, and you will be able to melee it. Unless you're fighting in Kedge, where you must target yourself, swim within melee range, and then target the mob you wish to attack.

mitic
05-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Not so sure it's that simple. I was lulling FGs and tanking them, they were not immune to any melee damage (at least from me). Maybe this is limited to certain zones/mobs?

was in lguk at lord, happened at least 4-5 times within the last 2 days, mostly on the lvl 40+ mobs

Skaff
05-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Please note that if something is charmed and then breaks, you have to retarget the mob in order to see updated HP, do melee DPS, or send you pet in to attack.

Cheers!

Edit: I should clarify what I mean by retarget. You must target something else, then target the mob that was charmed. It's HP will update, spell damage will show, and you will be able to melee it. Unless you're fighting in Kedge, where you must target yourself, swim within melee range, and then target the mob you wish to attack.

This. I was thrown off many times when charmed npc's would break charm while I had them targeted. De-selecting the NPC and re-selecting was my quick fix as well.

JayFiveAlive
05-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Does our charm work reliably anymore? Do you cast charm and go to battle/switch songs, or do you cast charm song and leave it grey-ed?

I noticed the exact same thing as Skaff, deselecting and re-selecting seems to work.

mitic
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Does our charm work reliably anymore? Do you cast charm and go to battle/switch songs, or do you cast charm song and leave it grey-ed?

I noticed the exact same thing as Skaff, deselecting and re-selecting seems to work.

bard charming is imo completely broken.

i can live with an unreliable lvl 27 charm, but the upgrade in the late 30ies should have a fixed timer since we are wasting mana on this one and btw, it had a fixed timer on live

JayFiveAlive
05-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Can any level 50 bards comment on charm? Is it working correctly?

Jify
05-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Working well enough.

I can routinely (but sometimes unreliably) get full duration charms on yellow con Fire Giants in SolB. This is after I've tashed them, buffed Charisma, and pulled out my Darkwood Piccolo.

<3

mitic
05-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Working well enough.

I can routinely (but sometimes unreliably) get full duration charms on yellow con Fire Giants in SolB. This is after I've tashed them, buffed Charisma, and pulled out my Darkwood Piccolo.

<3

no its not, dont make false claims please /rude

the charm with mana-use HAD a fixed timer, we have meditate at 1 point mind you

Pyrocat
05-11-2010, 02:23 PM
no its not, dont make false claims please /rude

the charm with mana-use HAD a fixed timer, we have meditate at 1 point mind you

Please do some research and follow up your claim with evidence. Not that I don't believe you, but issues with a lot of evidence behind them are more likely to get fixed quicker. The burden of proof is on the bug reporter anyway.

mitic
05-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Please do some research and follow up your claim with evidence. Not that I don't believe you, but issues with a lot of evidence behind them are more likely to get fixed quicker. The burden of proof is on the bug reporter anyway.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=750

charm duration
Posted: Jan 4th 2004 9:58pm | IP: Logged | Reply to this
beldon
39 posts
Score: Decent
just letting peeps know they changed the duration to 60 seconds and it now costs 60 mana as you can clearly see in the spell info.
----------------------------
Beldon 67 bard Vallon Zek

so either make it fixed duration or dont make it mana useable

Jify
05-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Posted: Jan 4th 2004 9:58pm

no, dont make false claims please /rude

The actual answer you should have posted is this:

Link: http://web.archive.org/web/20031008172035/eqdiva.com/songs.asp

Level 39 Song: Solon's Bewitching Bravura

Description: Charms target up to 18 seconds. Lowers target's magic resistance. This is the upgrade to Solon's Song of the Sirens. Only works on mobs below level 55.

Link: http://web.archive.org/web/20031020190108/eqdiva.com/songs.asp?song=45

Song Cost:
Casting Time: 3 seconds Delay: 0 seconds
Max Duration: 3 ticks
Mana Used: 20 mana
Song Range: 200 feet
Song Message: Target's eyes glaze over.
Target sees: You are captivated by the bewitching tune.

Looks like charm should be nerfed to 18s WITH mana cost. Good catch!

JayFiveAlive
05-12-2010, 10:43 AM
If charm will work as its intended and not act all stupid ("cannot attack target", hits once, "cannot attack target," hits once..)

Please nerf it to the above post. Staying classic is important :)

guineapig
05-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Enchanters are having the same problem with this:

"cannot attack target", hits once, "cannot attack target," hits once..)

It gets really bad when you need the added DPS to survive the fight and the pet keep doing nothing every other round.