PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Forager cycle script in TT

alsa
03-02-2012, 03:27 PM
The script added to force pop forager in TT is working. I been doing the cycle off and on for a while after the patch. I can see when the script kicks in, forager will not be in my tracking window for a few seconds then when I track again, he will be in there. I can tell it's script fix because where he spawned, he should be in track soon as the 1st one dies.

The problem right now is, when that happens, it seems only to pop forager in a set location. That makes forager cycle rare spawns alot more rare then they suppose to be. Some times the spawn will be "broken" few times in a row.

Is it possible to add named cycle and/or different location for the forced poped forager? Thanks.

nilbog
03-02-2012, 03:31 PM
The script fix I wrote ensures the controller npc is still functioning. If it isn't, after a certain time, it depops the faulty one and resets it. The controller npc which is repopped, not the 'fixer', handles the forager (common) and rares (rare) as well as random locations (nw or south), within a random area.

Should have no effect other than making sure the cycle continues. I am very happy to hear it's working though.

alsa
03-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Ahh okay. I just got bad luck then. Thank you for the fast reply. Since even if the named/far away forager is spawned by your controller npc, i won't see it from my tracking right away. By the time i got there it's already up. So I can only see the local repop if it's done by the controller.

Maybe with logs from the controller npc repop you can figure out what was wrong in the first place and will no longer need the fix script :).

Again thanks!

alsa
03-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Forager cycle broke today at 9:30am EST.

nilbog
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Super fail on my part.

I wrote the script, made the invisible npc and everything.. but forgot to put it on a spawngroup. (Fixed, pending update)

So, the forager cycle was working without it until now. Since the script already exists serverside, I was able to spawn the fixer npc.

Should be gtg now unless the zone crashes.

nilbog
03-08-2012, 01:39 PM
There was still one issue which would cause trouble with this. (Fixed, pending update)

If it breaks before next patch, report here or in IRC and I will take care of it.

After next patch, I hope to never see the forager again.

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id4148.png