PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Line of sight on spells

beowulf420
12-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Will line of sight checks be reverted to the way they were on blue ore kunark? I.e. Moving behind a wall before an enemy npc/pc finished casting its spell would cause it to be interrupted?

disco
12-22-2011, 04:37 AM
I don't even think it interupts on blue either?

Autotune
12-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Edit: (ON blue) - mobs can't cast on you (most of the time) if you are out of LOS. If you are in LOS and they start casting, you can't run out of LOS to stop their cast ( they will finish and land the spell on you ). The only way on blue to interrupt a spell is by going out of range.

On red i've heard that you can't LoS spells, but the LoS actually decreases the range you have to run to go out of range to cause the interrupt. So where normally in los you'd have to run 100ft to go out of range, with LoS broken you'd have to only run 50ft (not exact number representation, just an example) to go out of range.

beowulf420
12-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Pre kunark, on blue, if I ran out of los mid cast the spell would fail to successfully go off. when pulling in guk, sola, planes etc I could prevent taking excessive dmg while pulling via using line of sight checks vs caster mobs.

ie I'd pull, some casters were in the bunch, I'd run to a corner or behind a wall, their cast time would finish while I was out of line of sight (behind a wall or corner)... Their spell would fail and they would rush me.

In kunark the game mechanics changed but pre kunark that's how it worked.

Autotune
12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Pre kunark, on blue, if I ran out of los mid cast the spell would fail to successfully go off. when pulling in guk, sola, planes etc I could prevent taking excessive dmg while pulling via using line of sight checks vs caster mobs.

ie I'd pull, some casters were in the bunch, I'd run to a corner or behind a wall, their cast time would finish while I was out of line of sight (behind a wall or corner)... Their spell would fail and they would rush me.

In kunark the game mechanics changed but pre kunark that's how it worked.

yeah, I wasn't sure if it was changed for kunark, or if it was changed to make it "more" classic. The los change was something that was done while I wasn't playing (Kunark release > June 2011)

Szeth
12-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Yea same as what Autotune said above. The most direct example I have is duoing Efreeti prior to Kunark. You had to dodge his Ice Comets because if not you were 100% dirtnap on blue.

beowulf420
12-27-2011, 05:23 AM
Bump, devs.