PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: PvP death bug

Daefuin
12-15-2011, 06:29 PM
You retain your mana when dying in PvP. You should respawn OOM.

Thanks!

(and fix exp loss only being 1% on death)

Kringe
12-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Yes I concur, People dieing and respawning at their bind spot with FULL mana is kind of ridiculous... Had a kid yesterday respawn and mem bolt to keep nuking over and over.

Can we see what the root cause of this is?

Albane
12-16-2011, 12:40 PM
IMO, you should not respawn with full mana, but you should not respawn with 0 mana either. Perhaps 10% mana. This way you can have enough mana to cast 1-2 buffs before starting your corpse run.

Another, better, fix to this problem, would be to remove the ability of casters to bind anywhere. Force them to bind in cities, like all of the melee. Imagine how much better the PvP would be, if 80% of the server wasn't bound less than a minute away from the action.

Lazortag
12-16-2011, 08:42 PM
IMO, you should not respawn with full mana, but you should not respawn with 0 mana either. Perhaps 10% mana. This way you can have enough mana to cast 1-2 buffs before starting your corpse run.

Another, better, fix to this problem, would be to remove the ability of casters to bind anywhere. Force them to bind in cities, like all of the melee. Imagine how much better the PvP would be, if 80% of the server wasn't bound less than a minute away from the action.

Or, we could just do it the classic way, since this is a classic server, and make them respawn OOM.

xblade724
12-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Or, we could just do it the classic way, since this is a classic server, and make them respawn OOM.

With consideration that you lose exp when you die ... on classic EQ, when you die and lose exp, you spawn with full mana. I think it should remain this way, considering it IS an exp death, pvp or not.

In classic you didn't lose exp, so you ran out of mana. Here, you die an exp death, and therefore granted full mana. If someone wants to engage someone at full mana but no gear for revenge, let them try, if they are willing to die another exp death.

Lazortag
12-16-2011, 08:58 PM
With consideration that you lose exp when you die ... on classic EQ, when you die and lose exp, you spawn with full mana. I think it should remain this way, considering it IS an exp death, pvp or not.

In classic you didn't lose exp, so you ran out of mana. Here, you die an exp death, and therefore granted full mana. If someone wants to engage someone at full mana but no gear for revenge, let them try, if they are willing to die another exp death.

That would be a reason to take our exp loss and not a reason to take out mana loss on death (clearly the better deterrent to bind rushing, and clearly more classic), but if they keep both I don't mind, I just want casters to respawn OOM after pvp deaths.

This includes me too, Bards have mana... even though we only use it for two songs, it still sucks that I can't cast denon's desperate dirge for another 80 minutes.

xblade724
12-16-2011, 09:35 PM
That would be a reason to take our exp loss and not a reason to take out mana loss on death (clearly the better deterrent to bind rushing, and clearly more classic), but if they keep both I don't mind, I just want casters to respawn OOM after pvp deaths.

This includes me too, Bards have mana... even though we only use it for two songs, it still sucks that I can't cast denon's desperate dirge for another 80 minutes.

Hell let them bind rush -- that's why exp deaths were implemented. If they bind rush, they are already at a disadvantage because of no gear. Most bind rushers lose - even casters. And a mage/necro would have to go to the bank to get pet materials out, IF they have some in bank AND they are near the bank.

Let them try. That's why exp deaths are in place. They will more than likely lose.

Daefuin
12-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Hell let them bind rush -- that's why exp deaths were implemented. If they bind rush, they are already at a disadvantage because of no gear. Most bind rushers lose - even casters. And a mage/necro would have to go to the bank to get pet materials out, IF they have some in bank AND they are near the bank.

Let them try. That's why exp deaths are in place. They will more than likely lose.

You're fucking retarded. EXP penalty doesn't do shit when it's 1%~ and you are a caster that goes oom after killing them 3x. You kill them 3x but now have to gate bc the naked bindrusher is still coming and you aren't a dumbass that doesn't mind getting dirtnapped.

xblade724
12-17-2011, 05:37 AM
You're fucking retarded. EXP penalty doesn't do shit when it's 1%~ and you are a caster that goes oom after killing them 3x. You kill them 3x but now have to gate bc the naked bindrusher is still coming and you aren't a dumbass that doesn't mind getting dirtnapped.

http://imgon.net/di-OBQH.jpg

Daefuin
12-17-2011, 04:09 PM
umad?umad?umad?

fucking moron. go post some more about bards not being an ae deathtouching warp speed invuln class. Let the big boys talk about PvP exp loss and mana respawning issues.

Uthgaard
12-17-2011, 04:19 PM
go post some more about bards not being an ae deathtouching warp speed invuln class.

No. Please don't.

Daefuin
12-19-2011, 12:10 AM
bump

Daefuin
12-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Can we get a dev response on this? People just binding in a dungeon atm and you can't get them out since they respawn with mana and lose minimal exp.