PDA

View Full Version : Aeolwind:

Hasbinbad
04-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Hasbin, I'm locking all your threads, probably going to delete them, stop slinging shit if you can't take it maybe?
What shit am I slinging? More specifically, how have I broken the rules thus that you liken my posts to the posts that are blatantly laughing in the face of the posted forum rules? You guys posted the rules, not me, and you have been doing not a whole lot to enforce them, leading to many people getting legitimately upset at how they are being talked to. This has very little to do with me, but if nobody else will call people on their bigoted bullshit then I will. Why do you allow people to laugh in your face, then get in my face for saying something about it? Personal vendetta much? Why do I feel if it was anyone else you wouldn't see it like this?

Enforce your rules or change them. You're basically inviting people to continue turning these boards into a dismal imitation of /b/. Is that your intent?

harojaro91
04-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I actually agree with almost all of Hasbin's posts, he is the only one to go against the trolling majority and start flaming the trolls. *thumbs up*

mitic
04-14-2010, 12:51 PM
creating a new thread instead to PM aelwind is demonstrating your intent already

never give up.. i guess.. boardwarriors ftw :D

Ferok
04-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I see the purpose, but the method is weak.

There's some trolls around here though that do need to be dealt with, however. I've just begun reporting posts when I see someone being repeatedly an asshat. Hasbin hasn't been one of them.

Hasbinbad
04-14-2010, 12:53 PM
creating a new thread instead to PM aelwind is demonstrating your intent already

never give up.. i guess.. boardwarriors ftw :D
He called me out in public. He chose the grounds, not me.

If it makes you feel any better, I pm'd him a link to this thread as soon as I created it.

guineapig
04-14-2010, 12:53 PM
/em raises hand

Well I'm not exactly starting threads about them or anything but I also call people out on this:

There is too much sexist, bigoted and racist bullshit on this planet as it is.

Attempts at making it acceptable because it's the internet is just a cop-out by those who are afraid to do it face to face with whatever group they are attempting to insult.

I feel no pity for those that are banned for doing such.

I'm proud to say this gem was mine. ;)

harojaro91
04-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Honestly, as it has been proven already, people will believe a larger number of people sharing the same opinion that just one person. Ex: I remember a day when I was booted from Transcendence because they decided to believe the idiocy of OOC instead of trying to find any truth in the matter.

a PM is not close to the strength of a thread with multiple people siding with you.

yaaaflow
04-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Funny that the dude who took a shot at one of the girls on the forum for being "flat chested" (in a thread he almost certainly asked the GMs to delete) has suddenly turned into the guy preaching about the forum rules and no personal attacks etc etc.

grindle
04-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Seriously guys and gals i may not always agree with Hasbinbad but if posts are going to start being locked and deleted for be offensive on a public forums the said forums will turn into a graveyard. 70% or so of the threads posted in the last couple of weeks have been flame/bitch/ or just nonsense threads that turned into flames and if the rules are to be enforced they should all be locked and deleted. Fair for one Fair for all.

Just my 2cp worth and probable worth about that much :D

Hasbinbad
04-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Funny that the dude who took a shot at one of the girls on the forum for being "flat chested" (in a thread he almost certainly asked the GMs to delete) has suddenly turned into the guy preaching about the forum rules and no personal attacks etc etc.
Totally. I shouldn't have said that, and I regret it. There is no justification for saying that, I was 100% in the wrong.

I have said a lot of stuff I am not proud of, and nobody is perfect, I understand this. I have consistently opposed racism, but been hypocritical in my loose use of other derogatory comments. I thought at the time that the intent behind the words - which was not meant to be hurtful - was a proper justification for their use, but after having talked to several people from this community recently, I see how wrong I was.

My past doesn't make me or anyone else for that matter unable to change for the better.
The prohibition against personal attacks applies equally to all forum-goers. It is as unacceptable to attack a user with a history of foolish or boorish behavior, or even one who has been subject to disciplinary action, as it is to attack any other user. People make mistakes, but they are encouraged to learn from them and change their ways.
I am trying to learn from my mistakes and use my free time to accomplish something good.

If I have offended anyone in the past, allow me to apologize to everyone in a general sense, while extending an invitation to PM me and receive a personal apology as well.

TheDudeAbides
04-14-2010, 01:09 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg

Hasbinbad
04-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I love that .gif!

Grento
04-14-2010, 01:13 PM
you can almost see the grease dripping off of his hair

mitic
04-14-2010, 01:15 PM
imo we should start a poll like this:

a.) unlock hasbins thread
b.) keep em locked
c.) i dont care, give us a +100% exp week when server is online again

iam still indecisive between c.) and d.)

Crone
04-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh but I thought when you asked for butter on your popcorn, it was real butter? NO?!

I'm crushed. :(

jilena
04-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I am always unsure how these rant boards work. I didn't think any of hasbins threads this morning were really crazy out of line for a rants board.

That said I think it's usually a bad idea to pick a fight with the moderation lol.

Wenai
04-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Not the way to go about things.