PDA

View Full Version : 50% exp bonus....

Intricus
04-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't believe anyone else has started a thread about this yet. I can't wait to play again this Friday (Hopefully), but disagree with the exp bonus that Rogean mentioned.
Exp bonuses are something you see in EQ2, live EQ, and WoW. I don't think it has a place on here. I mean, come on, what's next...PoK becomes active? Mercs? Any other opinions on this?

Intricus
04-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I'll be the first one on here to respond to my own thread.

The exp bonus is BULLSHIT. I want to complain and whine like a schoolgirl about it. Please, NO EXP BONUS. THIS ISN'T A WoW EMU.

Budah
04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
EXP bonus is great... Not only will it help us "hardcores" make up for lost time, but it is a great start for those looking to reroll & newbies who came from the article to get started to (assuming they know it is temporary). I'm gonna play one of my alts past lvl 4 this week & love it! Crap, I might make a character for all 8 slots and play them past lvl 4 this week!

(by "this" week I mean the week following the server opening)

I still don't see a huge problem with it.

1) Devs don't "have" to do it because they don't owe us anything:
Okay, but they are sooo.....

2) It is soooo "EQ2/WoW/Insert MMO name here"
Most all MMO's have similar qualities, and rewards are one of them. Devs are not going to provide tangible in-game awards, why's a bit extra xp so bad?

3) It's a full week, weekend = okay, full week = chaos, terrible chaos!

Server was down for a week.... logical? hmm.... yup...

4) I just wanna troll because I hate life & all this talk about removing global ooc
Wrong forum..., try "Server Return" and hit up Finawen =D

ssyrax
04-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I agree I don't like the idea of the bonus EXp, and if you are hardcore what do you need EXP for you should already be max level, unless you just started, in which case I dont think you qualify as hardcore yet.

I agree its an inconvenience the server is down, but its not the Devs fault, and so my opinion is, they dont have to make anything up to us. I would be perfectly fine with just regular ol exp, in fact I think its done us all a favor and given us a break to get some real life shit done that we all know we wouldn't have gotten done otherwise. ;-)

Loke
04-12-2010, 06:11 PM
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

mitic
04-12-2010, 06:16 PM
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/miticeq/god.jpg

Bones
04-12-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't believe anyone else has started a thread about this yet. I can't wait to play again this Friday (Hopefully), but disagree with the exp bonus that Rogean mentioned.
Exp bonuses are something you see in EQ2, live EQ, and WoW. I don't think it has a place on here.

Truly a legit concern. I don't lean either way on this. I am just happy the server will be coming back up. I am also content with any final ruling Rogean makes regarding the extra exp.

But yes.. When I first saw the announcement it came to me as a surprise and perhaps somewhat a red flag. I honestly think we do not need an extra exp week to make up for anything. But like I said, I am happy with whatever Rogean decides. I just hope it does not cause anybody to leave the server. (And it shouldn't)

I mean, come on, what's next...PoK becomes active? Mercs? Any other opinions on this?

That's taking it a bit too far lol.

harojaro91
04-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Copy and pasting my comment from the other thread:

I don't like the idea of exp week, probably because I'm already 50 and have no desire to do it over again lol.

On a different note, I really hope this exp bonus is a one time thing, even if the server comes down again. I'm not sure anyone will understand or be familiar with my reference, but during the Korean war, American PoWs were brainwashed through a pretty simple process: getting them to do things they would not normally do one step at a time, eventually building up to make these PoWs become completely irrational and change allegiances to the Korean side.

I guess this will be a better example:Getting a new car and telling your friends not to eat or drink in it. One of your friends asks if they can chew gum, and you don't want to say yes but you comply. Next, someone asks if they can bring a drink in your car, and once again, you don't want to say yes, but you do. Taking that first little step makes one that much more inclined to take another little step.

Anyways, I'm rambling, but the point of this is, The GMs are granting this 50% exp bonus for the downtime. I hope this will be a one time thing, but I worry the GMs may be more easily inclined to grant future exp bonuses or things of this nature. I also saw something about people receiving potential prizes or gifts for their donations. It's fine if we have to pay for this game, which I'd be more than willing to, but trading money for advantages is going to ruin this server and make it like all the other emulated servers.

Hopefully I don't get flamed for this, I'm just expressing my concerns for the well-being of the server.

Adding a source mainly for credibility, so people can't rampantly flame: http://www.psychologistworld.com/inf...ainwashing.php

isitatomic
04-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Copy and pasting my comment from the other thread:

I don't like the idea of exp week, probably because I'm already 50 and have no desire to do it over again lol.

On a different note, I really hope this exp bonus is a one time thing, even if the server comes down again. I'm not sure anyone will understand or be familiar with my reference, but during the Korean war, American PoWs were brainwashed through a pretty simple process: getting them to do things they would not normally do one step at a time, eventually building up to make these PoWs become completely irrational and change allegiances to the Korean side.

I guess this will be a better example:Getting a new car and telling your friends not to eat or drink in it. One of your friends asks if they can chew gum, and you don't want to say yes but you comply. Next, someone asks if they can bring a drink in your car, and once again, you don't want to say yes, but you do. Taking that first little step makes one that much more inclined to take another little step.

Anyways, I'm rambling, but the point of this is, The GMs are granting this 50% exp bonus for the downtime. I hope this will be a one time thing, but I worry the GMs may be more easily inclined to grant future exp bonuses or things of this nature. I also saw something about people receiving potential prizes or gifts for their donations. It's fine if we have to pay for this game, which I'd be more than willing to, but trading money for advantages is going to ruin this server and make it like all the other emulated servers.

Hopefully I don't get flamed for this, I'm just expressing my concerns for the well-being of the server.

Adding a source mainly for credibility, so people can't rampantly flame: http://www.psychologistworld.com/inf...ainwashing.php

A History Channel essay.... OR, seven words and a hyperlink: If You Give A Moose A Cookie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_You_Give_a_Mouse_a_Cookie)

Brevity is the soul of wit

harojaro91
04-12-2010, 06:33 PM
A History Channel essay.... OR, seven words and a hyperlink: If You Give A Moose A Cookie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_You_Give_a_Mouse_a_Cookie)

Brevity is the soul of wit

Unfortunately there are quite a few idiots on this server that need to have it spoon fed to them, as was proved by Atvaata on the other thread.

1) you should prob do 1-50 again, sorry juiceman

2)what the fuck do the techniques implemented by the viet-cong have to do with this server and the tactics rogean and co employ?

3)future bonuses? This has been the first "bonus" and is only because we got juwed from a ddos kiddy, when we couldve been exp'ing 4-5 days before the server move.

4)in regards to donating for in-game items/advantages, this has been STATED BY THE DEVS IT WONT HAPPEN.

Barkingturtle
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Your link is broken. It's about some book called "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". I want to know what the fuck happens when I give a moose a cookie.

Kyronix
04-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm a level 7 mage currently, started playing the day before it went down, and frankly as cool as the exp bonus would be, I think it would detract from the whole classic nature of the server. One of the very reasons I decided to play on this server was because unlike the other emu servers it was pretty legit and old school. Not bullshit quests, fake items and exp mods or instant 50's. I'm sad that I didnt have the last week to play but I also got a lot better at starcraft 2 and helped do some things around the house that normally wouldn't have gotten done.

Things happen in life and asking for a hand out is the last thing that should happen, when the server comes back up (assuming everything goes as planned) we should all log in and carry on where we left off and just hope everything is as secure as planned. We are owed nothing and should expect nothing different than if you had to take a weeks vacation.

I'm getting 8 and my new pet the day the server goes back up, so I'm psyched >.< Was pissed when it came down being a bubble away from ding.

atvaata
04-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately there are quite a few idiots on this server that need to have it spoon fed to them, as was proved by Atvaata on the other thread.

Im sorry i called you out. And Spoon fed? Wtf? I have a 50, and my alt that im working on that is currently 35. I can farm whatever the fuck i want, when I want, and dont need to be "spoon fed." I'm just supporting the 50% bonus because due to the ddos we lost normal server uptime which halted everyone from gaining any exp at all. Stop undermining the dev's and their decisions.

Just cause the devs do a 50% bonus doesnt mean that youre going to fly from 1-50 in 2 days.

I wonder how many QQ posts were going to get if kunark is released a week earlier than its original release date..

Judgement
04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Why are the posts in rants and flames more civil than the posts outside of it? hahahah... Is it because if you actually post in rants and flames, you're looking to win an argument, and know that the first one to lose their cool fails?

Interesting.

Bones
04-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Why are the posts in rants and flames more civil than the posts outside of it? hahahah... Is it because if you actually post in rants and flames, you're looking to win an argument, and know that the first one to lose their cool fails?

Interesting.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lzRf9b1vduk/SqStXX-4V2I/AAAAAAAAACc/0CphKSkYiQY/s320/nailed+it.jpg

Finawin
04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
You guys are such whiny fucking pussies.

Do you cry when someone steals your parking space?

pallius
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Well I appreciate it.

As a lvl 17 who really got going right before the downtime, the downtime has hurt my momentum a lot.

The 50% bonus will get me back on track and is good compensation.

Bentheb
04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
You guys are such whiny fucking pussies.

Finawin you really dont need to post something in EVERY thread on this board just to up you post count.....think about it

Finawin
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
R&F posts don't up your post count.

Finawin
04-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't give a shit about my post count. I just combat stupidity wherever it presents itself, and there is a lot of it.

Crying about a nice gesture being given to people who had to patiently wait for the server to come back up is an example of such stupidity.

harojaro91
04-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't give a shit about my post count. I just combat stupidity wherever it presents itself, and there is a lot of it.

Crying about a nice gesture being given to people who had to patiently wait for the server to come back up is an example of such stupidity.

You remind me a guy I once knew... A know-it-all, arrogant, with a terrible case of little man syndrome. :D

mudvayne1812
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I like barkingturtle's avatar.... I actually have nothing else to add to this thread. We should all hang out.

Agaron
04-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I wish I was a lvl 50 forum warrior. This exp bonus will help me catch up.

Finawin
04-12-2010, 09:42 PM
You remind me a guy I once knew... A know-it-all, arrogant, with a terrible case of little man syndrome. :D

Except that I'm 6'1" and 195lbs, I have no issues with trying to sound or act tougher than I am.

Bones
04-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I wish I was a lvl 50 forum warrior. This exp bonus will help me catch up.

LOL. Damn that was too funny.

mudvayne1812
04-12-2010, 09:45 PM

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxau9B3jOHM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxau9B3jOHM[/UR

Right bro?

mudvayne1812
04-12-2010, 09:46 PM
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxau9B3jOHM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxau9B3jOHM[/UR

Right bro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxau9B3jOHM

man i suck sometimes.

harojaro91
04-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Except that I'm 6'1" and 195lbs, I have no issues with trying to sound or act tougher than I am.

Over the internet, size doesn't matter too much. I'm 10 hours away from you, are you going to come kick my ass?

snifs
04-12-2010, 09:51 PM
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

^

snifs
04-12-2010, 09:54 PM

According to http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Your overweight...fatty

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 09:57 PM

Your overweight...fatty
"The overlying issue is the same criteria for BMI are used across the board," said Joshua Ode, a Ph.D. student in the MSU Department of Kinesiology and an assistant professor of kinesiology at Saginaw Valley. "Whether you're an athlete or a 75-year-old man, all the same cut points are used."

"BMI should be used cautiously when classifying fatness, especially among college-age people," said Jim Pivarnik, an MSU professor of kinesiology and epidemiology. "It really doesn't do a good job of saying how fat a person really is."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/64577.php

Budah
04-12-2010, 10:02 PM
"The overlying issue is the same criteria for BMI are used across the board," said Joshua Ode, a Ph.D. student in the MSU Department of Kinesiology and an assistant professor of kinesiology at Saginaw Valley. "Whether you're an athlete or a 75-year-old man, all the same cut points are used."

"BMI should be used cautiously when classifying fatness, especially among college-age people," said Jim Pivarnik, an MSU professor of kinesiology and epidemiology. "It really doesn't do a good job of saying how fat a person really is."

No crap, I'm 23, 5'9'' and 193 lbs. But also active duty army and work out 2x's a day... apparently, 163lbs is how much I "should" weigh according to that BMI calculator to fall under "normal" weight.

Pikle
04-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Haha man I love us GC people! :)

As for the xp bonus, who gives a shit, it's only for a week. In my opinion (which doesn't matter) it's a good thing. It's more a reward for all the newer(in the past month or so) players to help them miss the leveling time they would have gotten. It doesn't really take away much from classic. It doesn't even cancel out a troll SK's xp penalty for god sakes. It's only temporary. I for one will be lvling up an alt while I can.

Finawin
04-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Over the internet, size doesn't matter too much. I'm 10 hours away from you, are you going to come kick my ass?

Lol you're the one that brought size into it, moron.

xshayla701
04-12-2010, 10:08 PM
will you all shut up and talk about the exp bonus rather than who is great at this or who's terrible at whatever, who is overweight and all the other nonsense? this thread is about the exp bonus so take your bullshit to the off topic boards.. :eek: what an idea!

kthx

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 10:09 PM
This might be a bit old for some of you, but for those who get it, lulz should follow!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_7o7vQfyObbo/SwfqVmqYWQI/AAAAAAAAAYM/z95RfYO5Gs4/crazy%20lady%20in%20car_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Bones
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
will you all shut up and talk about the exp bonus rather than who is great at this or who's terrible at whatever, who is overweight and all the other nonsense? this thread is about the exp bonus so take your bullshit to the off topic boards.. :eek: what an idea!

kthx

But... but... I must fulfill my role as forum warrior!

Barneystinson
04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I didn't read all these threads, but they might be doing it to make up for all the deaths that occurred due to lag. I doubt they want to have to go through and rez everyone.

Bones
04-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I didn't read all these threads, but they might be doing it to make up for all the deaths that occurred due to lag. I doubt they want to have to go through and rez everyone.

Wow that actually... makes sense. Why didn't I think of that?

xshayla701
04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
This might be a bit old for some of you, but for those who get it, lulz should follow!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_7o7vQfyObbo/SwfqVmqYWQI/AAAAAAAAAYM/z95RfYO5Gs4/crazy%20lady%20in%20car_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

= LOVE

Finawin
04-12-2010, 10:22 PM

kthx

This is a post in RANTS AND FLAMES

This isn't a real post.

mirko
04-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I farted

atvaata
04-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Finawin is an emu legend and deserves his own forum.

Discuss.

Hasbinbad
04-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Finawin is an emu legend and deserves his own forum.

Discuss.
*tries to contain excitement*
Would that mean he wouldn't post here anymore?

JP finaweird! <3

Judgement
04-13-2010, 05:40 AM

This reminded me of this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applied_kinesiology), which a chiropractor I went to years ago still uses, along with homeopathy and a potpourri of other dubious diagnostic procedures.

I'm this close to starting a R&F thread about chiropractic medicine, just to see who might run to their aid.

Omnimorph
04-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Course we appreciate what the developers do for this game, they spend their time and their own money to give us something that we want. 50% bonus is a good gesture on their part, but i don't think they should feel like they owe us anything.

I suppose i could liken it to someone learning to program in a language, and then having a friend show up and say "hey, i can do that for you, i'm good at programming", sure he's doing you a favour, but at the same time, they're taking away from you learning it yourself. It's sort of like that in my eyes. If you try to reject it you're seen as ungrateful, but if you accept it you're kind of losing out yourself...

That's my take on it. 50% bonus is a nice gesture, but I'd probably rather just plod along with how I was doing :p I'm not going to QQ about it being un-classic and whatnot...

xshayla701
04-13-2010, 09:54 AM
This is a post in RANTS AND FLAMES

This isn't a real post.

Yeah, a post RANTING and FLAMING the EXP BONUS. not all the other bullshit. :p

Ferok
04-13-2010, 10:21 AM

Your overweight...fatty

BMI is a load of crap. I'm 6'4 205, and 8% bodyfat. Yet, my BMI is 25, overweight according to that index. Explain that one to me.

Bones
04-13-2010, 10:29 AM
BMI is a load of crap. I'm 6'4 205, and 8% bodyfat. Yet, my BMI is 25, overweight according to that index. Explain that one to me.

Damn. You, sir, are big.

Omnimorph
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM

Bmi says you're fat bro... you gonna take that from 3 letters?

My teacher was a former boxer, he was obese according to bmi... and well... he certainly didn't look obese... and you certainly wouldn't tell him he was obese :D

so yeah, it's a load of crap.

Rogean
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5694