PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Dark Elf Cultural Armor

zionmuffin
11-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I Am not sure when cultural armor and weapons were implimented (I started playing eq mid kunark.) But I noticed the cultural forges in other cities and in neriak the NPC Zanotix Ixtaz when hailed talkes about the indigo saber (de cultural weapon) and using the bracketed words gives the recipie on how to craft it.

Problem: neriak forge is named "Always works"?? :confused: located: 3rd gate @ 835, -1575, In building behind gate across from The Rack

teir'dal smithing hammer is sold in the correct place as well as the Adamantite but the combines required to make the folded adamantite sheet don't work
(folded adamentite sheet requires: Block of Adamantite, Neriak Nectar, Teir`Dal Smithy Hammer)

that said, thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into making this classic server, i've had a blast so far and the EQ addiction is in place once again!

-Cavarian

Reiker
11-03-2009, 09:17 PM
The tailoring area of Paineel also sells books on crafting Erudite cultural (tailoring with terrorantula silk).

zionmuffin
11-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Noticed other races have cultural armor/weapon recipes listed in the basic forge list.
Let me know if you would like additional information (ie: the product of the recipe.)

maultar
03-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Problem: neriak forge is named "Always works"?? :confused: located: 3rd gate @ 835, -1575, In building behind gate across from The Rack

teir'dal smithing hammer is sold in the correct place as well as the Adamantite but the combines required to make the folded adamantite sheet don't work
(folded adamentite sheet requires: Block of Adamantite, Neriak Nectar, Teir`Dal Smithy Hammer)
-Cavarian

Every try this again? Use the tier dal forge in 3rd gate to try the folded sheet perhaps. I'm very interested to know if cultural is in game. A good way to tell is if shadowmen in nek forest drop "essence of shadow"

Brut
03-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah, some work, too. Was able to make an Ogre War Mace (10/40 1h blunt, looks like Velious-era mace I believe). There's a vendor right near to the cultural forge in Oggok.

Only reason why I can't test the cultural armors would be that elven blood is nowhere to be looted. =p

maultar
03-30-2010, 10:33 AM
None on bandits in gfay?

guineapig
03-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Every try this again? Use the tier dal forge in 3rd gate to try the folded sheet perhaps. I'm very interested to know if cultural is in game. A good way to tell is if shadowmen in nek forest drop "essence of shadow"

I looted an essence of shadow recently. Still have it in the bank.

Somekid123
03-30-2010, 12:10 PM
I love it, people trying to make shit they shouldnt be.

guineapig
03-30-2010, 12:17 PM
I love it, people trying to make shit they shouldnt be.

That's all well and good, but how is anyone supposed to know for certain what is intended to work and what isn't unless we get an official response. I mean let's face it, there are plenty of things that "should not" be in the game right now that are.

For example: Erudite Shadowknights.

So you can't really blame people for attempting these combines when the drops, recipes and containers are available. That's the only reason there are people running around with Thex daggers. They kept attempting the quest until they figured out a way to get it.

guineapig
03-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Maybe we should be given a list of what recipes are currently inactive?

maultar
03-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Exactly, I don't know what was classic and isn't. That smith guide says to make cultrual needles at one point to level up. Key word being cultural, and that is on the sanctioned list of resources in our library. So what the heck right who's to say we shouldn't be doing it?

guineapig
03-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Exactly, I don't know what was classic and isn't. That smith guide says to make cultrual needles at one point to level up. Key word being cultural, and that is on the sanctioned list of resources in our library. So what the heck right who's to say we shouldn't be doing it?

Don't worry man, you aren't breaking any rules or anything by doing that.

It's just frustrating when you're in that gray are of what was live in 99, what was Kunark, what was Velious. I don't want to see our crafters wasting time following guides that won't work. It's the main reason why I have been holding off on most tradeskills until I can get a database of sorts together of what is available on this server.

maultar
03-30-2010, 02:21 PM
I'll keep you posted on anything I can make that's questionable. Should hit 75-80 I hope tonight.

maultar
04-02-2010, 09:41 AM
I will be trying some of this soon. (93 skill) Maybe not the Indigo Sabre lol needs a folded sheet of adamantite and the block needed for them are 53 plat a piece. Didn't adamantite drop from certain mobs?

Finawin
04-02-2010, 04:42 PM
That's the only reason there are people running around with Thex daggers. They kept attempting the quest until they figured out a way to get it.

You mean it was secretly fixed, very shady-like, and no one knew it was even fixed until they were removed. That's why there are Thex Daggers.

guineapig
04-02-2010, 05:17 PM
You mean it was secretly fixed, very shady-like, and no one knew it was even fixed until they were removed. That's why there are Thex Daggers.

I am not going to disagree with this statement.

yaaaflow
04-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Clearly some people found out the quest was working before it was removed :). Don't let me distract you from the cries of GM favoritism or whatever you are getting at though.

guineapig
04-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Clearly some people found out the quest was working before it was removed :). Don't let me distract you from the cries of GM favoritism or whatever you are getting at though.

It was a completely different quest. There were tons of posts about it for months. And don't put words in my mouth.

yaaaflow
04-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Ways to tell if someone is replying to you: The content of their post is in reply to things you said in an earlier post. Using this criteria does it seem more likely that I was responding to Finawin or you?