PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Necromancer Darkness line reduced duration

Verdu
11-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Both clinging darkness (36 sec duration) and
Engulfing Darkness (60 sec duration)

last exactly 30 seconds on players.

Is there a 30 second hard cap on snare duration on this server, or is this a bug?

Verdu
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Bump to add some references.

Engulfing Darkness spell data: http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/spell_details.asp?Spell+Name++ID=611

and:

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Engulfing_Darkness

There are no references to duration being different on players.

Damage is reduced to 66% as per stated reductions on r99, but adding in a 50% reduction in duration results in quite significant reduction in damage.

Can a dev give an update if this is intentional, or if it is a bug? I don't really care as to when it's fixed, as if it's a bug I'm sure it will be eventually. But knowing which things are bugs, and which are non reported customizations (such as pet damage in PvP) is very useful.

Lazortag
12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
There's a client-side cap for snares in PvE, you were right in your first post. I wish the cap could be lifted somehow, it makes Bard snare very unbalanced since it snares for almost an an equal amount of time as a non-bard snare for no mana (plus it can be casted while moving). You're also right that it unfairly reduces the amount of damage the darkness spells should do in pvp.

Knuckle
12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
easy fix is to have the darkness line hit for a higher damage % in PVP.

Knuckle
12-12-2011, 07:48 PM
easy fix is to have the darkness line hit for a higher damage % in PVP.

quoted for genius.

Daefuin
12-12-2011, 08:24 PM
So it does more damage in a shorter amount of time. Good idea, not.

Verdu
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Fairest solution, if they can't fix client glitch, is to make it cost half the mana if cast on a player.

Or 1/3rd cost for dooming. If we have to apply twice, or three times for full effect, mana cost should reflect that.

It's still problematic due to resists and having to recast, but way better than the uselessness of the entire line as is.

Uthgaard
12-12-2011, 10:14 PM
That's what the dlls are for. To work around client limitations. Should be doable.

Truth
12-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Snares should only last full duration when you zone with one on you.