PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Some bugs i've found

rivalxl
10-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Erudite necromancers do not start out with the paineel key.

Gnome necromancers are kos to the clockwork mobs in a anon.

Not sure if this was a bug but my aoe dots while playing a bard were hitting my group. I remember them hitting pets but I can't remember if they hit group members or not.

Also the enchanter pet does not have a level range when summoned. All pets used to have a 3 level range they could be in when summoned.

Lazortag
10-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Erudite necromancers do not start out with the paineel key.

Not sure if this was a bug but my aoe dots while playing a bard were hitting my group. I remember them hitting pets but I can't remember if they hit group members or not.

Also the enchanter pet does not have a level range when summoned. All pets used to have a 3 level range they could be in when summoned.

Are you sure about the last thing? My animation pets on Starman seemed to vary in level.

Also how do you know erudite necros started with the paineel key? Or that gnomes were not kos to the clockwork mobs? (looking in the everlore archives, it seems that they were kos)

Mardur
10-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Of course AE spells hit group members on an FFA pvp server.

rivalxl
10-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Are you sure about the last thing? My animation pets on Starman seemed to vary in level.

Also how do you know erudite necros started with the paineel key? Or that gnomes were not kos to the clockwork mobs? (looking in the everlore archives, it seems that they were kos)

I played an erudite necro the day paineel was released, you started with a key. And as for the gnome necro they might have been kos to the ones outside akanon but inside you were able to walk around safely. If you make a gnome necro now there is a patrolling clockwork that instant kills you right where you spawn in inside akanon. Then if you try and get your corpse it is impossible due to the patrolling clockworks. It makes the class/race unplayable since you have no spells (they are on your corpse) and the nearest trainer aside from the ones inside akanon are in Freeport.

rivalxl
10-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Of course AE spells hit group members on an FFA pvp server.

I could have swore ae spells would say they have tried to hit a group member but they were protected. I could be very wrong but I remember ae groups on rz which was ffa pvp as well.

Lazortag
10-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I played an erudite necro the day paineel was released, you started with a key. And as for the gnome necro they might have been kos to the ones outside akanon but inside you were able to walk around safely. If you make a gnome necro now there is a patrolling clockwork that instant kills you right where you spawn in inside akanon. Then if you try and get your corpse it is impossible due to the patrolling clockworks. It makes the class/race unplayable since you have no spells (they are on your corpse) and the nearest trainer aside from the ones inside akanon are in Freeport.

What's the exact name of the mob? Can you find it here?: http://web.archive.org/web/20010811195210/http://www.everlore.com/bestiary/default.asp?mode=14&land=1120

rivalxl
10-18-2011, 04:39 PM
What's the exact name of the mob? Can you find it here?: http://web.archive.org/web/20010811195210/http://www.everlore.com/bestiary/default.asp?mode=14&land=1120

The mobs name is clockwork xvd. I zoned in after dieing and clockwork xib killed me too. So it has to be a shared faction that they have.

Palemoon
10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Do people remember gnome necros starting KOS to the roaming clockworks in Ak'anon? The only thing I remember from 1999 about them is them begging me to buy food/water for them because they had a hard time buying/selling.

On Al'kabor (while testing starting faction with guildmaster) I ran the gnome necro around and was dubious to the clockwork guards/sweepers/etc.

Rob
10-19-2011, 10:52 PM
AOEs hit groups on Rallos Zek. The only reason they didn't on VZ and TZ and SZ is because it was hard coded against attacking members of your own team.

Gnome necros shouldnt be kos to gnome guards even that was classic its fucking dumb. inb4 BEING A NECROMANCER IS EVIL - dont care dumb.

Okay this one is a little foggy in my head mostly because I never went to Odus but I'm fairly certain paineel didn't even exist in classic. I'm going to go with 80 percent certain.

Okay and for this point I'd say I'm about 20 percent certain but I thought enchanter pets were always lower level than the pet level and thats why mages and necros were considered the better "pet" class. And I'm not trying to start a better class arguement I'm merely speculating on the value of their pet and their pets alone so put that ugly troll away small sons.

Now here is where I really want to go with this post. I'd say that nearly all of the bug reports on this forum and cited with about the accuracy of my last statement. It's amazing to me how many people think their viewpoint is remotely classic when it is so far from the truth I wonder what kind of lucidity they go through their everyday life with!

Jigga
10-20-2011, 09:43 AM
on tz you could be gruoped with people who werent on your team and the ae's wouldnt hit the person, how ever it would hit the pets. Being in a guild didnt make people immune to your aes,except the people in your group

ChubbyBubbles
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
You can also just ask any of the skel guards around Paineel for a "Keyz" . I don't recall if Eru's started with it or not, but I don't think it's that big of a deal if we can just get them from the guards =)

jilena
10-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Paineel is not classic. When it was added you did start with a key. You only had to ask the guards for a key if you died inside town because you spawn in the newbie yard I believe.

No clue on the gnome necromancers.

AEs hit groupmates intended.

My enchanter on red (only 12) had variable pet levels. Not sure why yours did not could just be luck?

nilbog
10-20-2011, 02:41 PM

Fixed, pending update.

Mardur
10-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Paineel is classic. However, it wasn't available at release (devs did state that Paineel would be where evil Erudites would start even during summer '98 beta, it just wasn't finished yet).

Erudite Necromancers would start in one of those houses in Toxxulia forest with ghetto GMs etc at first. A few months after release (easy to find the exact date in a patch message, but I'm too lazy right now) Paineel was added for Erudite Necromancers and Shadow Knights. They would begin with a key.

While we're on the subject, humans/barbarians/erudites would start with a minor light source candle as well. This was bug reported for p99 ages ago with more detail, however.

jilena
10-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Paineel is classic. However, it wasn't available at release (devs did state that Paineel would be where evil Erudites would start even during summer '98 beta, it just wasn't finished yet).

Erudite Necromancers would start in one of those houses in Toxxulia forest with ghetto GMs etc at first. A few months after release (easy to find the exact date in a patch message, but I'm too lazy right now) Paineel was added for Erudite Necromancers and Shadow Knights. They would begin with a key.

While we're on the subject, humans/barbarians/erudites would start with a minor light source candle as well. This was bug reported for p99 ages ago with more detail, however.

Sorry by classic I meant "in at release". I started in oct 99 and it wasn't in then. Also I want to say my first erudite did not have a light source. I remember making an eru wiz and then drowning because of the old gamma bug and it being pitch black and saying fuck it and making a high elf for my first "main" lol. Also, eru necros starting by the house is how I remember it as well pre-paineel.

Lazortag
10-21-2011, 02:40 PM

Paineel as well as SolTemple were added rather late I thought (like around when sky was added)?

rivalxl
10-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Paineel as well as SolTemple were added rather late I thought (like around when sky was added)?

The sol temple was added after they removed rubicite to give te classes who could wear it quests to get better gear.

Mobb
10-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Holy shit I forgot about humans, eru and barbs starting out with that candle. Shit was so stupid I think thats why people were always so crazy about gettin a greater light stone, plus you had to equip it for it to work. I think the candle showed up as a bag in your hand. And if you were a dark char ( sk, nec ) the candle graphic was that skull candle in your inventory.

nilbog
07-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Just so I get this right...

Paineel Erudites should all start with Bone Crafted Key?

Neutral/good aligned barbarians, humans, and erudites should start with Wax Candle?

Evil aligned humans and erudites should start with Candle of the Plaguebringers?

Toehammer
07-05-2012, 12:45 AM
The only one I don't know for sure is the AoE question.

Back in beta in 1998 I had a barbarian warrior and he started with a candle. I got a shiny brass shield and it was truly game changing... I could actually make it into blackburrow through the dark cave in under 5 min without holding a useless secondary item!

During 1999, I had an erudite necro (spent hours farming cracked staves... what a waste of time lol) and there was a single hut/alabaster building that had necro GMs and spells in Toxxulia Forest. Paineel did not exist at launch.

Gnome necros shouldn't be KoS to clockworks, sounds like it is dealt with though.