PDA

View Full Version : Lets ruin the server!

Kinamur1999
04-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Since there are SO many people on this server just waiting to fuck with as many people as possible is there a way to make minor changes to stop douchebaggery?

People killing the banker in nfp does NOTHING but grief, i know its not classic but give them DT to put these fuckholes in their place.

grindle
04-01-2010, 10:19 AM
it would be easier to just make them unattackable

Omnimorph
04-01-2010, 10:57 AM
unattackable bankers aren't classic!!!

in my experience of classic, accidently attacking someone you had no business attacking usually resulted in a full round of attacks and a "loading, please wait" screen. Make them hit damn hard... that'll discourage people.

bionicbadger
04-01-2010, 11:13 AM
people did that shit in live too. part of the fun of EQ is that everything can be killed

Trimm
04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
While I think it's an asshole thing to do, I don't see this as ruining the server. There are plenty of other banks to use.

Leedsunited
04-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Give the bankers banish, to plane of Hate or somewhere difficult to recover from.. Maybe banish... to Kunark then they will have to wait 3 6 or 9 months depending on what story you believe on the release data:)P Why would anyone do this, fun in my day was dressing up the priest of discord in ghey clothes or giving a rat in WFP 100000 copper and watching the noobs kill the rat, not want to drop the copper and not been able to move. This is just retarded fuckery, MAKE THEM SUFFER IMO!!! :D:D:D

YendorLootmonkey
04-01-2010, 11:55 AM
or giving a rat in WFP 100000 copper and watching the noobs kill the rat, not want to drop the copper and not been able to move.

ROFL!!! I had completely forgotten about that... I used to do that all the time -- was my favorite hobby!!

Kinamur1999
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
While I think it's an asshole thing to do, I don't see this as ruining the server. There are plenty of other banks to use.

No this specifically is not ruining the server, but the attitude of the player base is.

Sure I could have run to another bank, whats the closest bank to nfp Rivervale? no big deal only 3 zones away, how selfish of me to want to bank in the city zone im in and deprive the leet IB of killing bankers for....exp? loot? uhhh being an asshole thats right

Leedsunited
04-01-2010, 12:11 PM
We had some guy convinced it was a rare spawn rat only, gave him sow and str to get to the bank.. Went and raided.. 4 hours later he was still there when i hit the hay. He sent me a message before I logged saying he hadnt had another but he would just keep trying. Almost split my sides.

Sorry to de-rail Bob!! :D

Yeah killin bankers sux, dont make em un-killable, give em a massive faction hit to all factions. They will soon refrain from killing em when they find they cant go to any bank.. Then we will see em all stood around not been able to move.. just like the WFP rat killin noobers. :)

Gorgetrapper
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM
It doesn't matter if you give bankers faction hits, because ANY pet class can still kill the banker without having a faction hit. Problem still not solved.

Kinamur1999
04-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Sorry to de-rail Bob!! :D

Who is this leeds SoB ;p

Aeolwind
04-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Wait, didn't they give a faction hit with "Banker" and that was a fairly universal faction for them?

Gorgetrapper
04-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Wait, didn't they give a faction hit with "Banker" and that was a fairly universal faction for them?

Well even if there was, pet classes don't ever have to worry about faction hits, EVER since if their pet kills anything without you dealing damage, you don't get hit by any kind of faction.

guineapig
04-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Banker factions vary:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=1206
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=74

Leedsunited
04-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Truth is my sword Anonimity my shield and lots of redbull my haste!

Aeolwind
04-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Truth is my sword Anonimity my shield and lots of redbull my haste!

I know who you are =o. Does that make your shield more of a buckler?

I'm in general ok with Anon posting as long as you don't partake in anon flaming.

Leedsunited
04-01-2010, 01:44 PM
I wasnt really partaking in flaming anyone in particular just adding to the post I thought killing bankers was dumb shit.. hehe You dont know who I am, I am a friend of Kinas and I wasnt trying to be anon really, just sorta a guess who for Kina :)P..

Portis;)

Kinamur1999
04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Griefing is part of the game, especially being couped up on a blue server, you guys should be griefing ppl until you can't grief no more

I cant wait until theres nothing to do but raid except grief, make my alt and just fuck with everyone all day

Finawin
04-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Griefing is part of the game, especially being couped up on a blue server, you guys should be griefing ppl until you can't grief no more

That's why you're a chump. You're terrible at PVP. You're terrible at PVE. So you do the one thing the mechanics of the game can't police, but rather help. You grief in a free mmo like a little bitch. *golf clap*

How does it feel to suck at what you do?

Zordana
04-02-2010, 04:23 PM
people did that shit in live too. part of the fun of EQ is that everything can be killed

fullack

stormlord
04-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Make them hit hard, HARD. Aren't there guards near the bankers? It shouldn't be so easy to kill important non-players. I'm against making them unattackable, but making them so weak that 1 or 2 people can kill them is not fair. Where're the consequences? Freeport of all places should have better defense against this.