PDA

View Full Version : Pet Zerg Guild

tbox
10-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Looking for folks interested in playing a necro or mage and just pet zerging people and npcs. Maybe a few other support chars as well. We can work out the details while we wait for beta to come to a close.

Scribbles
10-01-2011, 04:09 PM
i like ur straightforwardness

Knuckle
10-02-2011, 03:07 PM
he wont like that more than 2 pets on an npc aggros caster

tbox
10-03-2011, 12:38 PM
That does not detract the fact as a mage or necro you can both nuke from range and when out of mana continue to dps a target with your pet. Furthermore, you can also give your pets the stun whips from Splitpaw and they can stun the hell out of targets. I believe someone else was mentioning that they killed a sand giant with 5 mages and a couple others at like level 20.

Yukahwa
10-03-2011, 02:22 PM
LOL we know how to play everquest. Necro can just fear, doy.

I also like the strait forwardness.

stonetz
10-06-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm down =)

tbox
10-06-2011, 06:16 PM
I am doing some testing atm and comparison between races and classes etc. It seems mage pets do significantly more damage then necro pets at least at low lvl. (fire pet v. necro pet). Someone can correctly me if I am wrong (if all other things are equal) it appears necro pets are only equal or better at lvl 49 with the proc ability.

I am thinking something along the lines of at minimum 3 mages (swap a necro in there for one of the mages if someone is hell bent on necro) 1 enchanter 1 Druid/Shaman/Cleric.

stonetz
10-06-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm leaning towards necro because there's going to be 1 million mages and even though they're going to kill in pvp / pve I feel cheap playing it. mage,mage,nec,chanter,cleric would rock.

stonetz
10-06-2011, 08:43 PM
lol u feel "cheap" playin a mage, so ur rolling a necro? yea bro, way to go all out there

Talking about if it's a pet zerg guild and those are my two choices.

May make a wiz instead, I think it's the only class I never really played much.

stonetz
10-06-2011, 08:43 PM
also it's not that the mage is so OP it's that half the server is going to be mages.

tbox
10-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Bah, don't make a wizard. Wizards are good for small fights but once your out of mana you are done.

As far as being cheap etc. There is going to be like 400 people on this server when it goes live. If your not in the elitist guild or a zerg guild you're going to get worked. And your not getting invited into the elitist guild unless you been playing Vz/Tz's for years.

I dislike like big guilds and I have only been playing eq pvp for like 3 months on a very small server. (played eq live back in 1999-2001 era). So I figured a pet caster focused group Pve's well and is not very gear dependent and will do well in pvp.

I am one of those odd people who actually think its more important to play a character that is good 1-46 then a character that is good 46-50 in raid gear. If it takes 2 weeks played to hit 50 if you're hella focused that would equate to about 2 months playing at 5 hours a day. I don't think playing a character for 2 months, 5 hours a day, is worth it if it only pays off in the very end. (with the risk of server dieing before the pay off, due to many reasons diablo 3, Starwars mmo December 20th release, etc.)

stonetz
10-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Played vztz a while and enjoyed it quite a few friends on there and played tz since original. Depending on who is playing might get an invite but I don't know. The days of non stop grinding to 50 are over might not be devoted enough for them.

Really tough to decide, playing a cleric on a pvp server is nice when everyone wants you but blows when you can't defend yourself at all.

Btw is There any advantage of a wiz over Mage really before lures on this server? Pets beat the shit out of you and mage nukes hurt nearly as bad. Obviously ports though.

Darksinga
10-07-2011, 06:30 AM
hi tbox

XiakenjaTZ
10-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I would say yes on the wiz. If i recall they are much faster casting and they have stuns. also yonder is very useful.

It is a pain to level a wizard till you get bonds of force at 28? though. After that you can quad kite.

Rust1d?
10-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I would play a shammy though for buffs

tbox
10-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I would say yes on the wiz. If i recall they are much faster casting and they have stuns. also yonder is very useful.

It is a pain to level a wizard till you get bonds of force at 28? though. After that you can quad kite.

You do get stuns, faster casting speed and yonder. Both pet classes get stuns with stun proc whips from split paw gnolls. Granted it can be better to have a castable stun at times. Necros get shadow step which is much like yonder. Mages get a resist debuff. For group pvp the longer the fight the better a pet class becomes over a wizard. I don't think wizards get enough additional tools to make them worth it though because they are not very good levelers. You tend to find a lot of people who like to solo or run small gank groups will play wizards heavy in pvp. If you're also in a big guild and fight in large groups wizard may also be advantageous because running out of mana will not be an issue and quick /assist dps is better then dps efficiency.

Rust1d?
10-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I think a Shammy is must here due to slows and haste. Slow + 5 hasted pets = gg. Plus the shammy can sow the pets/team, vital in any pvp fight, plus can spot heal pets.

tbox
10-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah shaman is good. Sow + haste and heals and resist debuff and slow. At high lvls greater heal on pets sucks but still good to get healed in pvp and so forth.

Right now we got 3 people confirmed. Just need a couple more.

Hey DarkSinga

Rust1d?
10-11-2011, 10:48 AM
I'll make a shammy then. Already played necro and mage to death

tbox
10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I figured you were going that way.

Softcore PK
10-11-2011, 02:03 PM
So are you guys ready for launch? What will your guildname be?

Don't tell me it's <Pet Zerg Guild> lol.

Rust1d?
10-11-2011, 02:58 PM
That is up to tbox. Where is deattas?

tbox
10-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I dont really care much about the name. Really have no idea what the name will be nor am I concerned about it.

As far as ready for launch. We have 3 people confirmed and we got a ventrilo. I have a good idea what race most of us will likely be going and where to xp. I am not sure where or what Deattas' deal is. I know he will be playing Red99. I am not sure if he wants to join us. I would assume so if he is going to be playing a mage again.

I know that Rust, myself, and my brother all have day jobs so we will not be diapering it during the week days.

I definitely foresee recruiting a few folks come live. I am not talking about just recruit spamming people or anything like that. I prefer things small and I am not overly concerned with "raiding" at lvl 46-50. Going to take a long time to hit 50 and if we are mostly mages and necros planes or dragon gear is not a big deal.

Rust1d?
10-12-2011, 12:42 PM
We are also experienced pvp'ers. Not super hardcore but we have won our fair share of fights. It will be much better that we do not have to worry about 2-3 boxing and can concentrate on one character.

Rust1d?
11-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey guys. Since the 18th is coming, just wanted to get everyone organized. Please list your character name and class you will be playing along with the timezone you are in. Ventrillo is a must! Tbox, deattas respond if you are gonna be on for the 18th

PVPBetaChamps
11-05-2011, 12:16 PM
pet zerg guild... do u mean fish bait?

Bazia
11-05-2011, 04:20 PM
pet zerg guild... do u mean fish bait?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfqPXJsniC4P6D9Y-IOgbsS4WxrMTiykh9m3D9EMW_qvGLDrKcpg