PDA

View Full Version : raaaaaaaaaage /ex

Ghesta
03-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Rogue asks you "should i pull these 2 mobs?"
You say "No we are back clearing."

Rogue says OK and pulls the 2 mobs wiping half the group.
Rogue says "you said pull them!"

/raaaaaaaaaaage
/ex

Shannacore
03-29-2010, 12:10 PM
I get the urge to rage quit a lot, but I usually don't.
I hate when I travel like a half hour to join a group that wipes on the first pull. This happened to me allllll weeeekend.

grindle
03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
The thing i hate most is traveling for 20 min to get a group then the group goes awesome for about 3 pulls then everyone says they have go for the night ...just makes me think why did you waste my time /grrr

Ghesta
03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Oh that's another thing I hadn't mentioned. I had spent all morning LFG until I had finally gotten enough people together to build this group. Of course as the druid I had to port half of them. Then 2 of the group decide they are going somewhere else instead. So replace those 2, get everyone down to the camp and immediately the suckage starts on like the 3rd pull. Group member A dies because he charges past the tank on the way to camp. Group member B dies because she's deciding to pull instead of letting the group med (not a class that should be pulling btw), and then group member C, the rogue, trains the group while group member B is still running back to the dungeon.

It was just unbelievable really.

Crone
03-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Where were you grouping?

Ghesta
03-29-2010, 01:36 PM
one of the standard grouping dungeons. Doesn't really matter. Trying hard not to name names as I know a part of my rage was due to my own frustration and not necessarily the people I was grouping with. A small part, but a part nonetheless.

Crone
03-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Ahh, was just curious, because it's funny that the "popular" places seem to have that happen more often, but you get a "custom" group setup and go somewhere more out of the way, and I tend to have better experiences.

Ghesta
03-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Absolutely agree, but after 3 hours LFG I was taking EXP anywhere i could. :)

Crone
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
After 20 minutes I just start making my own group! haha! Why ever wait that long? Ick.

Shannacore
03-29-2010, 03:19 PM
After 20 minutes I just start making my own group! haha! Why ever wait that long? Ick.

I hate putting groups together. I dont mind looking for replacement players and what not but I hate being in charge of the initial process. Meh.

Crone
03-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Why you so shy? You certainly are not on the forums! lol

Shannacore
03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Ha, I'm more shy than you may think!

Ghesta
03-29-2010, 07:17 PM

I was trying that whole time. From 8 am till 11am est there was just no one on around my level LFG!

Crone
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Ahh, maybe because of the time. I know the feeling though. Over the weekend there were a few groups that I got going that took over an hour to make and get started. Sucks, but that is totally EQ. lol

buffug
03-30-2010, 03:53 PM
I was trying that whole time. From 8 am till 11am est there was just no one on around my level LFG!

I got a 13 RNG sportin for ya...

Yilza Moosik
03-30-2010, 05:32 PM
I get the urge to rage quit a lot, but I usually don't.
I hate when I travel like a half hour to join a group that wipes on the first pull. This happened to me allllll weeeekend.

Makes you think of what the problem is ? /hint /hint :D

Shannacore
03-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Makes you think of what the problem is ? /hint /hint :D

Gasp!

Omnimorph
03-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah, i'm pretty lazy when it comes to forming groups.

But remember, all the bad groups you join just make you appreciate that good group all the more ;) and then when it disbands after 2 or 3 pulls rage quit, rinse, repeat.

Slake
03-31-2010, 08:37 AM
Come to Kedge with me then?

Best exp in the game and with the right group can be sick.

Tank, chanter, shaman (me), 2nd healer, 2 dps....Bard helps alot as well.

If you fit into one of those slots, shoot me a tell today at about 2pm PST and we can go tear that place up.

p.s. Must be lvl 30+

Paok

Omnimorph
03-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Better level up my swimming first before i start making plans in kedge... :rolleyes:

Virtuosos
03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
kedge is absolutely horrendous.....its great xp dont get me wrong, but holy fuck fighting in water is a bitch

as much as a pain lguk is, i still consider it to be alot safer XP than kedge just because i had some bad experiences there both in live and now =/

Ferok
03-31-2010, 11:58 AM
kedge is absolutely horrendous.....its great xp dont get me wrong, but holy fuck fighting in water is a bitch

as much as a pain lguk is, i still consider it to be alot safer XP than kedge just because i had some bad experiences there both in live and now =/

Kedge is great if you take an all-caster group. It's absolute hell for melee (and even worse for hybrids - tanks especially).

Virtuosos
03-31-2010, 12:03 PM
no joke...

i rather just get plvled in there than actually kill =p

Trimm
03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
_____ is great if you take an all-caster group.

Psh, who needs melee anyway?

guineapig
03-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Psh, who needs melee anyway?

My thoughts exactly :p

Virtuosos
03-31-2010, 01:05 PM
hate you all :'(

guineapig
03-31-2010, 02:04 PM
hate you all :'(

I'm kidding man.
Paladins are actually my favorite tanks and the rarest of the 3 on the server it seems. ;)

Virtuosos
03-31-2010, 02:11 PM
well you should log in now if you arent and get ready to grats me in about an hour when i get my soulfire =p

Slake
03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Well in all my groups there, and there have been many, as long as the tank listens to me, and does as explained, its not a problem. Its when the tank charges in, doesnt listen to his healers, etc etc is when shit goes wrong.

The risk vs reward is well worth it.

If you cant handle the heat, stay outta the kitchen!

Virtuosos
03-31-2010, 02:31 PM
normally im the one who gets suckered into pulling, and the only time ive been there as a pally was when we were trying to pull 2nd room...id get invised, float down, target one, float up, soothe, get invis, repeat....

made me sad

Ferok
03-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Well in all my groups there, and there have been many, as long as the tank listens to me, and does as explained, its not a problem. Its when the tank charges in, doesnt listen to his healers, etc etc is when shit goes wrong.

The risk vs reward is well worth it.

If you cant handle the heat, stay outta the kitchen!

I don't mean it like that. It's annoying as a melee to fight while swimming. You move slow, you can't backup, you're constantly dealing with range issues. Ugh.

Additionally (this may not apply to this server as much) as a SK/Paladin, taking damage while swimming makes casting very difficult. If you can't get yourself backed into a corner, you probably won't cast very much. And then the mob goes around a corner to attack someone who sat down, and you've gotta swim out there, stop, find a floor to cast on (because you can't cast while sinking) in order to regain agro. Did I mention this is a headache?

I remember Kedge being my most hated zone to fight in in the game for this reason. That was until I did Plane of Water.

Arkanjil
03-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Normally if I can't find a group I just grab someone who is also tired of looking for a group and we duo-trio or whatever until we fill the group. Some exp is better than no exp.

I remember on my bard I was around SK lfg and was having no luck finding a group in ANY zone. Soooo, I grabbed a lvl 30 SK who was LFG as well and I would just aggro kite/dot a mob while the SK played as my pet....bashing and tearing the mob down behind me.

When you "think" you've run out of options for leveling, you can sometimes find options you might not have thought would work well that turn out pretty good.

Just my 2cp.