PDA

View Full Version : Banned

Jeffwee
03-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Gratz for having GMs who can't comprehend simple English sentences and go on power trips. Listen boys, I know high school was a hard time on you and starting up a retro-server only to find out that people still think you're douche bags is a bit unnerving, but at some point in time you should grow up a bit. Have a wonderful life.

Atennu
03-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Story please.

Jeffwee
03-27-2010, 11:25 PM
sitting in lguk doin my group thing. GM gets on and starts making global posts about servers coming down in a few hours. So i say "while you're waiting to bring down the servers why don't you answer some of the posts I have about bugs and IP exemptions" he tells me "or I can ban you for demanding me what to do" i simply state "if you think my statement was demanding then you're english is as bad as your service" and of course, as we all know, he power tripped and banned me. comical on all fronts, but highly immature on theirs

Minch/FureeZeb
03-27-2010, 11:28 PM
thats pretty lame. unban!!1

Atennu
03-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Grats Idol. Dont demand shit from Rogean and then come up with an Attitude after he burned you in Global

Trimm
03-27-2010, 11:33 PM
You insulted Rogean in OOC and are mad he banned you?

atvaata
03-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Cool story Bro. UMAD?

Haynar
03-27-2010, 11:35 PM
I do commend you on making your post to the correct forum.

Much appreciated.

I don't play on the server myself, so I can't help you there.

But I do know whose Wheaties to not piss in.

Haynar

Jeffwee
03-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Atennu and Rogean seem to have studied under the same education system, believing those statements were demanding. and to answer your questions. no i'm not mad... they provided a free service and stopped me from using it. i didn't "lose" anything really. i have no reason to be mad. simply pointing out the immaturity level of those who run the show.

Hasbinbad
03-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Dude.. It's Rogean. Rogean has 2 things for you: hard cock and bubblegum..

http://astaroth.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/bubblegum.jpg

*blows a bubble*

Rogean
03-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Spending hours a day running this free server without anything in return is bad service. Discuss.

Hasbinbad
03-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Spending hours a day running this free server without anything in return is bad service. Discuss.
OMG ROGEAN IS A JERK!

Scapula
03-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Hard cock? Really?

Hey Rogean....

*blush* Whats going on?

grindle
03-28-2010, 12:03 AM
I have to be honest i don't know if i would have banned you but i would have for sure muted your ooc privileges at least for the day maybe longer . The server as you stated is a free a service and as such the Devs or especially Rogean have no obligation to anyone that plays here at all. I would imagine that is why he may have taken your statements the way he did.

Just my 2 cents worth
Grindle

Finawin
03-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Fucking owned

Rogean
03-28-2010, 12:06 AM
By the way its a 1 day suspension

Shannacore
03-28-2010, 12:11 AM

Haaaaaa

Gorgetrapper
03-28-2010, 12:11 AM

That makes it even funnier since after his rage, he'll still play here like nothing happened.

Atennu
03-28-2010, 12:14 AM

Yeah i couldn't see Rogean Perma banning him over that. His 24 hour suspension is just what his mouth needs imo!

atvaata
03-28-2010, 12:17 AM
i think after his rages here it should be extended to 1 week. Discuss!

Calling Rogean Immature?

Wow bro, you really want a bigger banhammer huh

Morlaeth
03-28-2010, 12:17 AM
ROFL, this is their server, they can do as they please...especially since the ass-hat OP is playing it for free...Go play Live if you wanna demand shit - you should be sending P99 devs thank you tells for this server, not being an asshole in OOC and on these forums.

harojaro91
03-28-2010, 01:29 AM
haha this was funny, sucks you got banned though

Izzni
03-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Online game staff that are paid, as a requirement, must take shit from people and keep smiling. I believe the reason is that they want to make people offically associated with the game seem above the fray. Probably has something to do with not aggravating people more than they already are. Not everyone who is involved in running Project 1999 takes shit with a smile on their face. I've noticed that some of the more visible ones are actually pretty jaded.

In a recent thread someone had worded something as a mild jab at the developers. If this was the offical forum of a paid game, the staff would have completely ignored the jab and answered the question if it was a question that needed answering, otherwise ignore the post completely. Here, the jab was called out by two different people associated with the server.

This server is not run by a public company that is trying to maximize its profits by keeping the most people happy as possible. So when you take a jab at someone with power here, don't expect a smile, since they have no incentive to not treat you like you just treated them.

Dr.Spike
03-28-2010, 01:37 AM
The golden rule "Do not do to others what would anger you if done to you by others#

Izzni
03-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Btw, I really appreciate the hard work all the developers do, especially Rogean. But my favorite developer/GM has to be Secrets, he's a happy go lucky dude, or at least he comes off that way.

Abacab
03-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Lesson learned, don't send tells to GM's unless you're funny like me!

Hasbinbad
03-28-2010, 02:50 AM
Lesson learned, don't send tells to GM's unless you're funny like me!
..or hot like me.

Pikle
03-28-2010, 02:53 AM
Or have a giant ego! Oh wait we all do! Let's all send tells to everyone!

Finawin
03-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Fuck, I forgot to take screenshots of Dolrath and crew sending me hate tells tonight.

Eternal-Elf
03-28-2010, 05:17 AM
I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone for getting angry they got banned for being a dick lol.
Consider this server the Mom-N-Pop store down the street. They have their regulars.....they don't need you. Go in there being an ass and you're going to get the banhammer everytime. He was generous to just make it 1 day suspension.

Continue gaming, and have fun.....dont complain the FREE server you're playing on might not be perfect enough for you.

Thanks

Ektar
03-28-2010, 06:46 AM
sitting in lguk doin my group thing. GM gets on and starts making global posts about servers coming down in a few hours. So i say "while you're waiting to bring down the servers why don't you answer some of the posts I have about bugs and IP exemptions" he tells me "or I can ban you for demanding me what to do" i simply state "if you think my statement was demanding then you're english is as bad as your service" and of course, as we all know, he power tripped and banned me. comical on all fronts, but highly immature on theirs

That's the biggest bullshit ever. Sad part is that it seems you're in such rage-denial that you actually believe it.

It's actually a mastery of the English language that brings the understanding of a sentence as a whole beyond the words. Your statement is clearly demanding with resentment for slow service.

You are trying to hide behind the pieces of your sentence, finding a possible technicality-loophole in your sentence structure:
"Well never did I use the phrases, 'you should have done it by now,' or 'I demand,' so..."

While anyone who knows English (rogean included, obviously) knew what the sentence as it was constructed actually meant.

And this "sentence as a whole" thing isn't some crazy idea that comes into play rarely. For example, this entire post is done objectively. However, anyone who understands the nuances of English knows I'm calling you an idiot.

Kuld
03-28-2010, 08:34 AM
It's somewhat amusing that Rogean bans faster than /b/ mods do.

When GM/Guides were around on live they would have ignored him, as would anyone else - he shouldn't have even been suspended. Let's face it, the response time on IP exemptions is fuck awful. There's no point denying that - how long can it take to flag 2 accounts to work on one IP?

Izzni
03-28-2010, 11:03 AM

When GM/Guides were around on live they would have ignored him, as would anyone else - he shouldn't have even been suspended. Let's face it, the response time on IP exemptions is fuck awful. There's no point denying that - how long can it take to flag 2 accounts to work on one IP?

Your assuming that the GM/Guide should have taken the shit with a smile. That is an invalid assumption since unlike paid staff in a for profit company that's trying to not escalate anything at all costs to person ego, they have no incentive to do so.

Secrets
03-28-2010, 11:12 AM
You think because we don't get paid that you should have the same treatment from us that you get from a company like SOE?

Yeah, no.

Doesn't work that way.

mokfarg
03-28-2010, 11:16 AM

You should receive a temporary ban as well. This is a free server and the only reason they wouldn't ban you on live for this ignorant text is because you are paying them money. That fact alone will make them tolerate retards. This server is free and if I was them I wouldn't tolerate anything I did not want to tolerate.

If you don't like the service speed they provide for FREE, why not go away?

Secrets
03-28-2010, 11:18 AM

I'd say it's about the same if you piss either P1999 GMs or /b/ mods off. For the record, both places (4chan.org and Project 1999) are not for profit, and there's no customers to be making happy. Just a bunch of enthusiasts for a certain subject (which might I add was the original point of 4chan.)

Nilbog only grants IP exemptions. It takes a long time sometimes.

A long time when you don't spend every aching moment at your computer.(which, might I add, nilbog does not spend every moment of his life to service you guys, because you don't pay for it. Donations do not count because they're donations.)

Hell, he finds time to fix bugs as well when he's here. Check the changelogs, the man has a lot of priorities.

Oh, did I mention we don't get paid?

Secrets
03-28-2010, 11:20 AM
You should receive a temporary ban as well. This is a free server and the only reason they wouldn't ban you on live for this ignorant text is because you are paying them money. That fact alone will make them tolerate retards. This server is free and if I was them I wouldn't tolerate anything I did not want to tolerate.

People feel like the world owes them something, when in fact, most people do not owe the world anything. We're doing this to fufill someone's dream of having a classic server; yelling at us is like yelling at UNICEF because they didn't treat your kid first.

Might I also add that if you think you can do it better, http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/

Kuld
03-28-2010, 11:22 AM
My assumption is you volunteer because you enjoy doing it. The amount of people asking how long it takes to grant an IP exemption in ooc every night is incredible. The guy asked a pretty valid question in my eyes. Seems weird only one person can perform such a sought after service - considering how many people are asking for it.

Still don't think he should have been suspended. Stupid of me to think that just because we don't pay for a service we should be treated fairly :)

guineapig
03-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Dude.. It's Rogean. Rogean has 2 things for you: hard cock and bubblegum..

http://astaroth.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/bubblegum.jpg

*blows a bubble*

This must be from the director's cut of They Live...

Kuld
03-28-2010, 11:25 AM

And who are you? This is a public forum, is it not? A rant and flames section even. If I want to stick up for someone that I don't know because I feel he was unfairly treated I'm pretty sure this is the place to do it.

Secrets
03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
My assumption is you volunteer because you enjoy doing it. The amount of people asking how long it takes to grant an IP exemption in ooc every night is incredible. The guy asked a pretty valid question in my eyes. Seems weird only one person can perform such a sought after service - considering how many people are asking for it.

Still don't think he should have been suspended. Stupid of me to think that just because we don't pay for a service we should be treated fairly :)

I do love doing this, and i'm not letting my emotions get affected by something I love. I would rather work on development stuff and let you guys get away with training, KSing, and scamming, but that would result in a rule-less world. We can't have a rule-less world.

Regardless, I do agree it's silly that nilbog can only do it, but those are what i've been told, and I follow instructions. Otherwise if the staff didn't follow instructions, this server would be filled with corruption, both on the player side and the server staff.

As for the second comment, you do not have any rights here. You forfeit them as soon as you pressed "Play EverQuest!".

Kuld
03-28-2010, 11:30 AM
I agree. I didn't mean anything buy it. I just don't think he should have been suspended by something so petty when all the guy wanted to do is play with whoever he's wanting the IP exemption to play with.

Secrets
03-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I agree. I didn't mean anything buy it. I just don't think he should have been suspended by something so petty when all the guy wanted to do is play with whoever he's wanting the IP exemption to play with.

You're entitled to your opinion, but that does not make your opinion in the right.

Regardless, your opinion is noted and we do take into consideration feedback, no matter how constructive or how much of a critic you are.

Virtuosos
03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
secrets for president?

<3

fastboy21
03-28-2010, 12:26 PM
i 100% agree with the devs here. this is their work we are playing for free with.

its no different from someone inviting you into their house for a party, and being told to leave if you insult the host. there are things you can say to a CS rep that you are entitled to say, but if you say those same things to our party host you are an asshole...the OP here was an asshole. He failed to respect the hardwork and time that has gone into making this "big party" work, he ran his mouth, and the host told him to take a hike. its interesting that the OP doesn't mention the ban is for 24 hours only. Again, disrespect on his part for the hosts.

we are on their property, and they are very gracious hosts imo.

The reaction to the player was perfectly appropriate given those conditions...if we were on live the OP would be entirely right, but we aren't.

Maybe its a testament to the devs that they've done such a good job in recreating the live feel, that sometimes you forget you aren't really playing on live.

nilbog
03-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Let's face it, the response time on IP exemptions is fuck awful. There's no point denying that - how long can it take to flag 2 accounts to work on one IP?

You should consider this a fucking privilege, not a right. I'm the only person that does them, and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about it.

L2Phantom
03-28-2010, 01:50 PM
You should consider this a fucking privilege, not a right. I'm the only person that does them, and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about it.

/nilbog thrust

Kuld
03-28-2010, 01:55 PM

I do consider it as a privilege, even though I don't need one. I'm just saying given the response time is fairly long the guy getting agitated over that is not exactly unexpected.

Really don't need to get angry over me saying it though, I only pointed it out to add another side to OP's story.

nilbog
03-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Really don't need to get angry over me saying it though, I only pointed it out to add another side to OP's story. I had just said I don't care what people think about it. Just because I add fucking to a sentence that contains "fuck awful" doesn't mean I'm angry. :P

We can be spirit ghosts. Live in peace.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2i7wlnc.jpg

Hasbinbad
03-28-2010, 02:18 PM
This must be from the director's cut of They Live...
Pretty much the best movie ever.

Gwence
03-28-2010, 02:44 PM
That dude needs to 2 box ASAP, get that exemption done!!!

L2Phantom
03-28-2010, 02:54 PM
That dude needs to 2 box ASAP, get that exemption done!!!

Yeah pretty much.. lol.

Virtuosos
03-28-2010, 03:38 PM
my 4year old nephew wants to play with me.......

-shifty eyes-

zel
03-28-2010, 04:12 PM
rofl gwence

Akim
03-28-2010, 04:16 PM
lol.
I need 5 exemptions pls? k thx.
I need a full group.
I mean, i have a full family..

StinkyGreenBud
03-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Pretty much the best movie ever.

Not pretty much...it is the best.

Eternal-Elf
03-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Have you guys noticed at all that the people that are making this server possible seem to be getting pissed?
Don't like the lag? GO AWAY
Don't like to wait time on exemptions? GO AWAY
Wish you could 2 box? PLAY WOW
Want to play a great game in the classic style that made most of us wish we could have it back? Well IT"S BACK!
Stop bitching and enjoy something. Damn it's like being handed your first car by your parents and bitching it's not full on gas.

DEAL WITH IT

*Burn*

Loke
03-29-2010, 01:45 AM
I haven't read much of this thread, nor do I really care about the poster, or that he got banned. Let me preface this message by quickly noting that I am very grateful to the creators and administrators that have made this server possible. Without their hard work and dedication, none of us would be here.

However, this 'go to' argument of "Don't like it? GO AWAY!" every time someone voices an opinion contrary to the popular opinion (or that of the developers) is definitely a trend that I see causing problems in the future. I think everyone knows that the developers and administrators of this server have the final say on any change or lack there of that occurs on this server. However, if we make a habit of ridiculing and berating people every time they express even a minuscule amount of displeasure, we will quickly find ourselves part of a community afraid to voice any new ideas or opinions; and that is detrimental in just about every way to the progress of our little community.

I agree that the administrators and developers have quite the task by both creating and policing this server.. and I admire the hell out of them for doing their best at both aspects. I also agree that people need to cut them some slack in regards to response time to petitions and what not, as this is something they do in their free time. However, I also don't think it is unreasonable to expect just and fair treatment, and a basic level of mutual respect in the GM to player interaction. I personally have always been treated in a fair and respectful manner in all my dealings with the staff of project1999, so I have no complaints; but clearly the poster of this thread felt that he was treated unfairly. Whether he was or not is a completely different matter; and this probably wasn't the ideal place to voice his displeasure, but if he was indeed treated unfairly and banned on a whim by a GM, I personally feel that isn't an action that should be condoned.

I'm sure the guy was being unreasonable and got what he deserved... I guess I just wanted to voice my opinion that just because this server is "free" and a "privilege" doesn't mean that people shouldn't be treated in a fair and just manner... because if they aren't, it's going to kill the community imo.

Rogean
03-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Theres a difference between voicing an opinion, and berating server staff in public channels about the lack of service they receive.

L2Phantom
03-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Just put a nazi flag on your smiley face Rogean, people will live in fear and never complain.

Jeffwee
03-29-2010, 03:53 AM
my post is 6 pages long... i'm blushing

Serith
03-29-2010, 04:55 AM
my post is 6 pages long... i'm blushing

thread*

Also:

............................................______ __
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Thrynn
03-29-2010, 05:30 AM
However, this 'go to' argument of "Don't like it? GO AWAY!" every time someone voices an opinion contrary to the popular opinion (or that of the developers) is definitely a trend that I see causing problems in the future. I think everyone knows that the developers and administrators of this server have the final say on any change or lack there of that occurs on this server. However, if we make a habit of ridiculing and berating people every time they express even a minuscule amount of displeasure, we will quickly find ourselves part of a community afraid to voice any new ideas or opinions; and that is detrimental in just about every way to the progress of our little community.

just because this server is "free" and a "privilege" doesn't mean that people shouldn't be treated in a fair and just manner... because if they aren't, it's going to kill the community imo.

Well said, couldn't agree more.

It's not really so much the Devs and GMs who I notice this from, but mostly in /ooc where people love to run their mouths and scramble to be the first to fire off an insult at any opportunity.

pirscuered
03-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Two things I came up with while reading this...

In the time it took for the thread to get to here, the OP probably got through 24 hours and is already playing....

Meanwhile, Nilbog, thanks for the IP exemption back in the haydays. I tend to believe that by being POLITE would only serve you good. Maybe it gave them an extra push, or maybe I caught nilbog on a good day, but nonetheless, I just don't get people going off on not getting a response from people who are not getting paid and are doing this for everyone's enjoyment. I can't even fathom the amount of money they spent early on to get a project like this running. I got it in a day or maybe 2. N*****'s playing on the other computer and she couldn't be happier.

Thanks again, Devs!

Goobles
03-30-2010, 03:34 AM
Atennu and Rogean seem to have studied under the same education system, believing those statements were demanding. and to answer your questions. no i'm not mad... they provided a free service and stopped me from using it. i didn't "lose" anything really. i have no reason to be mad. simply pointing out the immaturity level of those who run the show.

You lost the hours of your life which you invested into your character. How about that?

Leedsunited
03-30-2010, 12:02 PM
My worry is the Devs get pissed off and just bail on the project. This is like the best thing since sliced bread to me, I love it. People should just have a little consideration of the hard work involved before they start whining.
I played for 10 years before I quit then restarted here, so i got a divorce but she wouldnt play an enchanter an Clarity me anyways. I got married again, this one works away all week <wink> so pls pls pls with sugar on, dont mess this up by upsetting the powers that B. I dont want to go back to the bottle <hic> think of my liver!!:D

buffug
03-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Not pretty much...it is the best.

Not best, but a close second to Hell Comes to Frogtown (also starring the illustrious Mr. Piper)

Tygerwoody
04-03-2010, 04:37 PM
i would have banned you too.