PDA

View Full Version : BAD PLAYER ALERT: LAYLOW/BURNE

parlay1
09-10-2011, 03:21 AM
Just a heads up, this guy pleaded and begged in ec tunnel for a port for his alt and offered to pay 1k. I was understanding that his alt wasnt high level and trusted he would log his other character to pay the offered fee. Needless to say he shafted me and gave some kind of excuse about having another guy shaft him the night before or some drivel as his reason and then when I notified the zone he tried to act like it never occurred.

Either way this is just a beware of this shady character.

JenJen
09-10-2011, 03:23 AM
1k for a port? jesus

Arclyte
09-10-2011, 03:44 AM
I have a bridge in Swamp of No Hope you might be interested in

PST Nerdslayer

parlay1
09-10-2011, 04:02 AM
Agreed, it was foolish to not get the cash up front, 1k was not something I requested it was what he was offering. Obviously he had no intention of paying it, it could have been 20pp and the result would have surely been the same.

This was just a heads up so nobody else falls prey to the bs of the guy (at least on these characters).

Morlaeth
09-10-2011, 04:04 AM
lol

Cwall
09-10-2011, 04:06 AM
gee i sure would hate to lose some mana too

thanks dude

Rogean
09-10-2011, 04:27 AM
Why was this posted in server chat.

/boggle

parlay1
09-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Sorry Rogean, I understand why it was moved, put in wrong area. Just trying to put out a warning so others learn from my mistake.

Diggles
09-10-2011, 04:35 AM
now charging for air

2pp per breath

Autotune
09-10-2011, 04:49 AM
yo guys!

Hasbinbad offered to pay me 10k to inspect me and after doing so never paid up.

Watch out for this shady character.

vinx
09-10-2011, 05:37 AM
broke ass playas will always do this..
they dont want to wait for a ride to be auctioned or advertised so they bait you into dropping whatever for big cash without any intent of paying.

if they get busted, they will wait for the free CR rides and bag their gear lol

if your going to stop whtever it is your doing for a big payoff, always get the cash up front
legitimate players, AKA the ballers in a rush will have cash/items on hand

vinx
09-10-2011, 05:38 AM
broke ass playas will always do this..
they dont want to wait for a ride to be auctioned or advertised so they bait you into dropping whatever for big cash without any intent of paying.

if they get busted, they will wait for the free CR rides and bag their gear (thats how cheap these MFers are lol)

if your going to stop whtever it is your doing for a big payoff, always get the cash up front
legitimate players, AKA the ballers in a rush will have cash/items on hand

SyanideGas
09-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Hmm figures,I helped Burne out once I'll be on the look out thanks for the heads up.

Tasslehofp99
09-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Seriously though, I've paid out over 50k pp to clerics for rezzes, but maybe gotten 1k in donations for ports...people are stingy!

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Is this thread a troll?

Ektar
09-10-2011, 08:37 AM
NOW THIS IS A RANT AND FLAMES THREAD!

BACK ON TRACK!

Lady_Omelia
09-10-2011, 08:37 AM
my logic has always been I pay 100p for a rez, that one class (generally) can do.

there's twice as many classes that can port, so it's 50p or hoof it yourself, in my book.

mana is free, but whoever told you time is did you no favours.

druziil
09-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Maybe i'm a terrible druid, but i alsmost exclusively never port. The rare occassion that my travel coincides with someone or i feel like helping some green con in EC i never accept payment even if it is offered. And no you can not have ds/regen.

Always tip clerics generously. I don't think I have paid less then 100p for a res since like week 3 of playing here. Anyone remember Heallun(i think thats the spelling) from IB. That dude was the OG travelling cleric.

Frostback
09-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Maybe i'm a terrible druid, but i alsmost exclusively never port. The rare occassion that my travel coincides with someone or i feel like helping some green con in EC i never accept payment even if it is offered. And no you can not have ds/regen.

Always tip clerics generously. I don't think I have paid less then 100p for a res since like week 3 of playing here. Anyone remember Heallun(i think thats the spelling) from IB. That dude was the OG travelling cleric.

I agree with you. 100pp for a rez and 50pp for a port is usually what I pay. I'm sad to see laylow do something like that, I was in south karana with my alt the other day and he seemed to be a good player/nice guy. Ripping someone off for a port is lame.

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 07:23 PM
If you want a fee say so. Don't say porting for donations then complain later.

Roanoke
09-10-2011, 07:23 PM
People need to view porting as you'd view a taxi cab. I don't give a fuck if you payed me 50pp yesterday/last week for a port. You don't roll around New York City telling cabbies "yo bro, chill, I bought a ride from you 3 days ago and tipped you too!"

I am taking my time to port you to help you (not to mention time spent leveling to be able to port). Don't be a twat about it and everything will be a-ok :)

And the people who say shit like "Wts air pst" can enjoy running or taking the boats.

Quizy
09-10-2011, 08:13 PM
thats why i always just port to TOXX first no matter what when people dont pay up front.

surely they will pay the fee so that you dont leave them in the projects.... try it!:eek:

YendorLootmonkey
09-10-2011, 08:50 PM
thats why i always just port to TOXX first no matter what when people dont pay up front.

surely they will pay the fee so that you dont leave them in the projects.... try it!:eek:

vinx
09-11-2011, 06:21 AM
If you want a fee say so. Don't say porting for donations then complain later.
L2R maybe??
the OP clearly said the dude was offering 1k in EC for a port.

I think at that point, no auction or advertisement is needed

quit being a cheap ass an fork up some cash if you need a ride
everyones always willing to pay the cleric (and their mana is free)
the only difference is.... you have xp is on the line vs distance