PDA

View Full Version : Third Party Account Suspensions

Pages : 1 [2]

stdfreextc
09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Everyone is so excited about the bannings n whatnot. But then you see people flaming saying ridiculous solutions to it. You probably wanna think about who is raiding to push through progression, most of them use MQ. THe guy that had enough extra stuff that he stopped to give you some plat and equiptment, he probably uses MQ. I mean where do you guys think all the stuff being sold in tunnel come from?? Not saying whether its right or wrong. I dont really care about the judgement value. Just think about it. If they ban all the MQ users what would happen to the server you like so much? You think guilds are eager to struggle n tough it out for months just to catch back up to content they were already past?

dunevenker
09-01-2011, 10:27 AM
I can't understand why you decided to let them continue playing. So what, an exp hit? Some coin? Wow... big freakin' deal. That's not punishment.

Leniency is for pussies.

Perma-bans, please.

The rest of us are legit and follow the rules - why should we be subject to continue playing with people who have been corrupting the server? (probably for a long time)

Without perma-banning, you are basically saying, "It's okay to cheat, just as long as you do it in large numbers."

RandySlopeJr
09-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I can't understand why you decided to let them continue playing. So what, an exp hit? Some coin? Wow... big freakin' deal. That's not punishment.

Leniency is for pussies.

Perma-bans, please.

The rest of us are legit and follow the rules - why should we be subject to continue playing with people who have been corrupting the server? (probably for a long time)

Without perma-banning, you are basically saying, "It's okay to cheat, just as long as you do it in large numbers."

I agree , they all should of been banned. People are being banned daily for 2 boxing for the first time. P1999 pretty fuck up in there thinking sometimes.And the reason the server is just as busy, is because theses same fuckers are making new account check the starter areas full and I mean full of new people.

dunevenker
09-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Too bad 300/365 accounts probably suck off the P99 staff here. The punishment for this is a joke, there shouldn't even have been a front page post. It's the lamest publicity stunt I have ever seen. They didn't even do anything. Level 54, oh no! A few AOE kite groups.

Plat gone? Uh oh, better dupe some more!

Same shit different day, 365 accounts that should have been permanently deleted get to log back in after a couple weeks, losing no gear, a bit of time for levels, and plat which is a joke in this game to begin with.

It's a shame they didn't have the balls to do what should have been done. You're right Rogean, you guys aren't SOE, because SOE probably wouldn't stand for allowing over 1/3 of the registered accounts to blatantly cheat, get caught for it, and receive a slap on the wrist. If anyone was paying for a game and that happened, you'd lose the 2/3 of the population that didn't cheat. Let's see the people that cheated get banned for good. No warnings, no list of who got banned, kick them out and that's it.

People get suspended for a week in this game on stuff that's one hundred times as mundane as cheating like that, and that's all these people get? What a joke. You said on your OP that you guys don't care about who didn't get caught doing what, but the fact of the matter is that you guys don't care either way. If you all really cared about this server and the community, you would ban those assholes for good and make them start over.

QFT!!!

Perma-ban!

"It's okay to cheat, as long as you do it in large numbers."

RandySlopeJr
09-01-2011, 11:04 AM
During the server reset today we are applying a long list of Account Suspensions.

Two weeks ago, we implemented a new detection for people using illegal third party programs to gain an advantage over the game and other players. After two weeks, saying the results are disappointing would be an understatement. Never before have I been so ashamed at the number of people blatantly disregarding rules they are well aware were being violated. We take our rules against using these programs very seriously, and we have banned many accounts over the life of this server.. enough to think it would have sent a message to everyone that we do not tolerate this behavior. Apparently, people think they can find ways around previous detection methods and feel comfortable that we will not find out. We are not Sony, we do not sit back and simply say oh well we can't prove they aren't using it. We will always be coming up with new ways to discover those using these programs, and not one person is safe to assume they will get away with it. If you play on Project 1999 (including upcoming PvP), you will abide by these rules or not play at all.

365 accounts are being suspended... that's only over the course of two weeks.

Typically this type of violation results in a permanent ban. While we are furious that this many people chose to think we aren't serious about our rules, we also aren't willing to simply throw away that many accounts. This is a one time leniency to the punishment of this offense. In addition to being suspended, however, the following will also be imposed on every character on those accounts:

The character's total experience will be reduced by a percentage equal to their level. Meaning a level 60 will lose 60% of their total experience worth. (This would result in a de-level to level 54 and 1/4.)
The character will be stripped of all coin.

As usual these players can post in the petition forum with their questions, but the discipline decision is final (we are already showing leniency). All future violations will continue to be permanent bans. Please remember to post your account name when making a petition forum post.

We discussed these decisions in length between the senior staff of the server, and much harsher options were considered, including actions taken against guilds that had many of these accounts in them (even to the point of being disbanded). We have decided not to take action against the guilds, even also taking into account that several of the raid guilds (you know who you are) are causing a headache for the staff right now by acting like complete children. That stops now. Talk to each other, come to an understanding, and work together. We do not care about who got away with what in the past due to a have a lack of evidence to do something. All guilds get a clean slate, and the penalties for training, kiting raid mobs, and other rule violations are about to get a whole lot stricter. Do not be the first guild that we use to send a message. This is the only warning.

Oh go fuck yourself, you asshole have been banning people for much much less and now you change the rules? Wth were you all thinking? Theses same terds didnt leave server there all making new account right now. What have you taught them? nothing. I have to say P1999 staff could sink any lower.

hellbent
09-01-2011, 12:43 PM
created a virus to track cheaters? wow, this is actually lower than sony, you might get a bunch of people to actually go BACK to sony because of this bullshit. I bet 75-90% of the people banned only used mq for maps, not tracking, just to have fucking maps enabled, its not classic but it should be in the game, period. There is alot of not classic stuff anyways.

Kope
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
created a virus to track cheaters? wow, this is actually lower than sony, you might get a bunch of people to actually go BACK to sony because of this bullshit. I bet 75-90% of the people banned only used mq for maps, not tracking, just to have fucking maps enabled, its not classic but it should be in the game, period. There is alot of not classic stuff anyways.

OMGZ TEH SKY EZ FALLEN!

Chill out man it's not a virus. You're sounding like peace pipe.

hellbent
09-01-2011, 12:49 PM
avast picked it up as a trojan, and itchybottom talked about it too on his blog (maintains the mq2 version for p1999) if sony had done something like this there could have been a class action lawsuit and I'm not fucking kidding one bit.

citizen1080
09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Everyone is so excited about the bannings n whatnot. But then you see people flaming saying ridiculous solutions to it. You probably wanna think about who is raiding to push through progression, most of them use MQ. THe guy that had enough extra stuff that he stopped to give you some plat and equiptment, he probably uses MQ. I mean where do you guys think all the stuff being sold in tunnel come from?? Not saying whether its right or wrong. I dont really care about the judgement value. Just think about it. If they ban all the MQ users what would happen to the server you like so much? You think guilds are eager to struggle n tough it out for months just to catch back up to content they were already past?

You sir are a fucking retard and obviously a hacker as your brand new forum handle indicates.

I have given away over 100k in gear and money between give away events and helping noobies...and guess what, no MQ, no seq, no duping, no cheating period.

Your argument is akin to claiming the Nazis should have been left in power as long as they provide free cupcakes to the populace every Tuesday.

Aadill
09-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Your argument is akin to claiming the Nazis should have been left in power as long as they provide free cupcakes to the populace every Tuesday.

Sieg Heil was actually a mistranslation of, "MORE CUPCAKES!"

Humerox
09-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Anti-Cheats use various methods to detect cheats and some of these methods and techniques are almost the same as a trojan or virus. The way an Anti-virus picks up a trojan or virus is mostly using signature detection or memory scan techniques.

Most know this and are just trolling.

Torin_Stormchaser
09-01-2011, 05:15 PM

I'm only level 29 with my highest character and I give away gear and plat for free all the time. I made a rule for myself, if I'm training in crafting I should give the gear away until it's trivial. I get a better weapon, I give the old one to someone who doesn't have something quite as nice. Do I sell gear in the tunnel? Frequently. Does this give me plat to give to people who are trying to buy a spell but don't have the coin? yes and I frequently do. I know plenty of people just like me who do the same who have not been suspended for cheating.

Torin_Stormchaser
09-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Learn to look up maps online and use them.

RandySlopeJr
09-01-2011, 05:45 PM
When Is P1999 going make a statement about this bullshit ruling????Dont you not see most of your honest player are very upset and deserve a answer. If your going allow theses turds to get away with hacking then you need to UNBANN everyone you have banned for less.If you dont your all a bunch of titt turds..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loly Taa
I dropped out of highscool cause I straight up was sick of going. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who made the same choice

stdfreextc
09-01-2011, 06:36 PM
You sir are a fucking retard and obviously a hacker as your brand new forum handle indicates.

I have given away over 100k in gear and money between give away events and helping noobies...and guess what, no MQ, no seq, no duping, no cheating period.

Hell yea im a fucking hacker, I MQed the shit out of Pyzjn, maps, AC spawns, evolution in action baby. And did you just compare using a program to cheat in an mmo to the holocaust?? I mean sure your mad cuz you suck at everquest, but that makes me hitler? 0.o

citizen1080
09-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Now now, I never said there was anything wrong with the Holocaust.

Back on subject

Your arguments just get more and more retarded...no wonder you needed a hacking program to play a 10+ year old game.

So according to you, Glowing black stones and Jboots = eq winner?

Well I assure you, while playing legit, I am 10x richer than you ever were...and guess what!? I STILL HAVE IT ALL.

0/2 sir...try again.

Piance
09-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Man oh man. I could never understand why people have to cheat. To me . . . it ruins the fun of the game and would make me feel like a total scum bag/newb. I honestly think they should all be permanently banned and have to start back from scratch. Losers who are bad at the game will always cheat though. That is just the way it is and always will be. I really hope further action will be taken than a mere suspension and plat taken away and exp penalty. If you really want it to stop, just out right permanently ban them. Otherwise it's just not going to stop. Myself and most other people would probably prefer this method. The thing is money becomes an issue. These people that do nothing but EQ all day evey day are willing to dump large funds to this server knowing they will be shown favoritism. I hope I didn't cross the line with my post but cheaters really urk me.

P.S. Bob just owned you hard.

Exeno
09-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Fact is shitty players need to cheat, they can't understand how to play the game right so they have to find a easy way around stuff. IMO banning them all permanently would do the server good, make them start over, if they decide to quit, fuck them, there better off gone. More people will join.. End of story.

skorge
09-01-2011, 10:43 PM
dam gud job devs...i cant stand cheaters!

Mezzmur
09-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Fact is shitty players need to cheat, they can't understand how to play the game right so they have to find a easy way around stuff. IMO banning them all permanently would do the server good, make them start over, if they decide to quit, fuck them, there better off gone. More people will join.. End of story.

Agreed, I'd be ok with a perma ban because I didn't cheat. My understanding is that this hurt friends or friends of friends of people in high places and therefore they're letting everyone go once. It's all hearsay because the GMs won't release a list. So, in theory, they can release their friends' from punishment early and nobody will be the wiser. It would be *nice* to get some clarity on this and them being very open as it's a large community of players. However, it boils down to the fact that Nil/Rog own the server. They can do what they want and punish how they see fit. Even if a dev was cheating or getting an advantage for his guild - if Nil/Rog are ok with it, that's how the cookie crumbles. We accept it and play or don't play. The only way for a truly unbiased server would be devs having no part in the play in terms of friends or themselves being active players. We're guests in their playground.

NizmerThafen
09-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Thank you Rogean for all your hard work. It's such a sign of disrespect for people to cheat like they are. I was surprised to see the degree of leniency given to the cheaters; I wouldn't have been so forgiving given the numerous warnings already issued.

Spike Spiegel
09-03-2011, 02:39 AM
dont cheat

tarni
09-03-2011, 02:45 AM
well its kinda sad and funny on the same time i guess heh.
ppl will have a list. is it not just to look at the friend list. since so many accounts.
is away for a while then sure. ppl will notice it :P

toxic8
09-04-2011, 01:27 PM
this is gonna sound weird as fuck but I had just come on here cause a certain female troll infamous on this board randomly entered my dream ... and now I find this.

DOUCHEBAGS! hahaha

Foxx
09-04-2011, 01:40 PM
wipe it clean

Duma
09-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Haven't logged in a couple months. Not shocked in the least at the number of caught accounts. It's about where I figured it would be. Between 1/3-1/2 of established players are cheating in some way. As they do regardless of the game.

Another server for a different game put in similar detection and banned thousands of accounts by the end of the first month and still continues to average dozens of banned accounts a day.

Can't see this being "news" to anyone. People cheat at everything.

Exactly 365 effected accounts does seem to be a conspicuous number though. The cynic in me wants to almost believe a few accounts were left off the list in order to attain a more psychologically satisfying number.

Huck
09-04-2011, 08:28 PM
In addition to the list, just change the color of the their name forever to hot pink or something so they are always "scarred" and we know who the cheaters are.

Yoite
09-06-2011, 08:25 PM
this made me lol

drurry
09-06-2011, 09:48 PM
well around 4:30 pm central time U.S.A. today after dying and logging back to the char select screen.
I then went to register my motor cycle and to the bank.. arriving home around 5pm.
My wife pulled in to the driveway just after i did.. I took here to the Sonic(big burger night). I arrived home around 6pm.. I turned on the lawn sprinklers and then followed her into the house. She had selected to flip the bigscreen from com to cable. Around 7:30 she went to bed as she is a little sick..
I turned back to the computer and noticed I wasn't on P99 any more.. Figured she had logged me out.
I can't log on. keeps saying to try again. I can't cheat due to the fact I dont know how, I'm old and com illerate. I might be able to fix ur old car but not a computer or files.
Did someone make a mistake? Or do i have a computer problem..?
My corpse is full and hasn't been looted.
My Char is Dreadmore, email address is Drurry @ gmail. com..
Just need to know..
Thanks

oldhead
09-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Nice... posts like this make me want to come back to the server :D

KB_Trader
09-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Strip them naked, port them to a high level zone, make them all pvp, send in 100 non cheater players fully equipped and make them temporally pvp, let us hunt them like in the most dangerous game, the last cheater alive gets his/her plat and levels back.

Or something.

Let's turn this into something entertaining.

I accept this challenge provided bards and tracking classes are excluded.

Rogean
09-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Those of you returning from suspensions today, you will be level 1. Kill one mob for the system to readjust you to the right level.

Curtoph
09-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Those of you returning from suspensions today, you will be level 1. Kill one mob for the system to readjust you to the right level.

Hey Rogean, if the level 1s are in a kunark zone they can't gate or kill anything in those zones to level, and they won't be able to group with anyone to get exp to ding to the right level!

mitic
09-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Hey Rogean, if the level 1s are in a kunark zone they can't gate or kill anything in those zones to level, and they won't be able to group with anyone to get exp to ding to the right level!

your problem. gm ressources are needed elsewhere than for returning cheaters

Curtoph
09-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Just gonna be funny when there are a bunch of level 1s logging into seb and stuff and then dying right away

Nsidious
09-10-2011, 11:23 AM
this is gonna be funny
when does the walk of shame begin?

Rogean
09-10-2011, 01:41 PM
/Petition to be moved then.

Haul
09-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Everyone seriously needs to treat all the people who come back today like shit. They're all worthless super nerds.

Bruman
09-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Everyone seriously needs to treat all the people who come back today like shit. They're all worthless super nerds.

Apparently not so worthless, or The Powers That Be wouldn't have broken their "zero tolerance" policy.

Wizat
09-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Wow definitely interesting drama... the need to kill 1 mob to reset xp could lead to some interesting "issues" depending on where they bound. The look on their faces as they have to type /petition I need to be moved because I am too lame to do anything in this zone and my agro range means I keep dying... - should be memorable.

guineapig
09-13-2011, 02:09 PM
I am tempted to log in just to see the fun.

Cujoy
09-13-2011, 05:53 PM
/petition could you make my character kill one mob and ding 54 too?

Tehwoot
09-16-2011, 06:22 AM
Well no one will be fighting over raids for awhile. Lol.

Kruel
09-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Well no one will be fighting over raids for awhile. Lol.

this made me lol.

DoucLangur
09-23-2011, 05:22 PM
This is all fine and dandy but how does everyone feel giving up there personal privacy of there own computer running an injected DLL that they have no real idea what its looking at or for.
*more whining follows*

What I find odd is that no one has any fear at all of these DLL's which could cause a whole host of security issues.
*more whining follows*

created a virus to track cheaters? wow, this is actually lower than sony, you might get a bunch of people to actually go BACK to sony because of this bullshit.
*more whining follows*

avast picked it up as a trojan, and itchybottom talked about it too on his blog
*more whining follows*

Just run EQ via Wine on Linux and you don't have to worry about your DLL's messing with anything else :D
What tristantio said. In your face. Using windows and complaining about privacy issues? Doesn't blend.

Seriously guys, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you do not really try to find excuses to complain without admitting that you are cheaters. I do agree it is not a good feeling to have some software on your system where you don't know what it does and how much control someone has over it. But in the case of windows, that is true for the whole operating system, and in case of any legit piece of closed-source software you have to trust the publisher not to spy on you. So much software is "phoning home", especially microsoft products.

I would say I trust our coders here a lot more than big corporate industry xy. And of course, that does not make me naive. My EQ runs in a wine sandbox, good luck trying to get to my private data or corrupting my system with that.

Give it a thought. Microsoft windows is the most widespread OS, but it is - by far - not the most user friendly. Some Linux distributions have outclassed Windows by now, and if enough people helped to increase the market share, we'd get more commercial software (games!) released for Linux also.

Best regards,

Slozem

cromlech
09-23-2011, 06:44 PM
What tristantio said. In your face. Using windows and complaining about privacy issues? Doesn't blend.

Seriously guys, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you do not really try to find excuses to complain without admitting that you are cheaters. I do agree it is not a good feeling to have some software on your system where you don't know what it does and how much control someone has over it. But in the case of windows, that is true for the whole operating system, and in case of any legit piece of closed-source software you have to trust the publisher not to spy on you. So much software is "phoning home", especially microsoft products.

I would say I trust our coders here a lot more than big corporate industry xy. And of course, that does not make me naive. My EQ runs in a wine sandbox, good luck trying to get to my private data or corrupting my system with that.

Give it a thought. Microsoft windows is the most widespread OS, but it is - by far - not the most user friendly. Some Linux distributions have outclassed Windows by now, and if enough people helped to increase the market share, we'd get more commercial software (games!) released for Linux also.

Best regards,

Slozem

You don't seem to know much about computers. Yes, that does make you naive, Wine doesn't "sandbox" anything, and what does "user friendly" have to do with anything you're talking about here?

DoucLangur
09-26-2011, 09:54 AM
You don't seem to know much about computers. Yes, that does make you naive, Wine doesn't "sandbox" anything, and what does "user friendly" have to do with anything you're talking about here?

I would say the sandboxing depends fully on the configuration you run it in. But you were right, my wine runs in no real sandbox, thanks for the heads-up. Your insult in my general direction definitely makes the advice all the more helpful :)