PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Zone Plugging

Pages : 1 [2]

joel.popick
12-20-2011, 03:43 AM
I want someone to plug then to run their PC version of themself all the way to the end of a zone they couldn't possibly get their corpse out of without dying! yay!

xblade724
12-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Came here to look at new opinions about zone plugging, found complaining about bard issues.

Moving on.

Perhaps if this was fixed, maybe no one would have to b*tch about it. I don't know. 1+1=2 ?

Of course it was a hint to fix some bard bugs (go figure everything else was fixed last patch), but the main point was the comparison that stupid shit that was not classic was implemented over worse stupid shit that was not implemented. I didn't think I'd have to blatantly explain my comparisons. I give people too much credit in this forum to think for themselves -- my apologies.

To further explain myself for clarity, taking out selos was not classic (and of course it was a bug, but still, not classic -- and it's cool that it was taken out, that's not my point) and preventing a bard from being rooted if selos is used -- the entire point (which was bolded, at that, for assistance to the feeble minded) is that how is plugging less cheap than bards breaking root, where plugging effects every class in the game not just bards? Was I asking for a selos fix? No. I was comparing, damn.

Cast
12-23-2011, 07:24 AM
red99:

lol, bards

pojab
12-25-2011, 07:47 AM
wait can lazortag pl me?

xblade724
01-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Let's pick and choose everything, hell let's make our own game!! We can rename it Everquest for Fucking Idiots... oh wait they have that already, it is called World of Warcraft.

Then when we get tired of that, they can spend another few years developing a Classic server that we choose to spend our time on because it isn't yet ruined.

Let's QQ about classic ruleset when we lose xp on pvp deaths.. it's already a custom game, so why not make it a game we all like a bit better? Deal with it

funhorroryes
01-08-2012, 06:01 PM
zone pluggins classic, it has always been a part of the game.. i had a nightmare once where i wished i could plug

Ladytron
02-13-2012, 04:55 AM
Hope nobody is around the zoneline that doesn't like you then :P

A few things to note:

Your character will fight back.

And we will put in a message to notify you when you log in with a list of players who attacked and killed you while you were linkdead.

I really like this idea

My concern tho would then be what if someone trained or some mobs were already trained and you legitly went LD from zoning, if you plug I could care less go die :P I do also sometimes lose connection or take rather long to zone and am still not sure why

Yukahwa
03-01-2012, 06:20 PM
We need to make it so mobs can follow you through zonelines too to make it more realistix http://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/images/smilies/shifty.gif

oldfish
03-06-2012, 05:44 PM
I just did my first plug... not proud, but kept my money

Rogean, you should do this tweak where people cant plug

Dont care if its not classic, maybe not make it 5mins out of the game though?

So that "you still have a character in game" thing doesnt lock you out for 5mins

rat slaying inc.
04-21-2012, 02:36 PM
bump

Wolfgang
05-18-2012, 10:07 PM
still waiting on fix.

Tr0llb0rn
05-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Mass zone plugging is at an all time high. Its making it very hard to establish zone control when guild's strategy involve mass plugging every 10 mins.

Please implement the idea brought up that would pop your character out on the otherside LD if you plug.

Mass plugging is the new training/griefing.

heartbrand
05-24-2012, 02:27 PM
plugging isn't the issue, it's the ability of only a few people to be able to disrupt a raid of many, via binding directly outside and rushing the raid repeatedly.

hagard
05-24-2012, 11:34 PM
this thread is lol

HE HE HE

Wolfgang
05-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Need this patched. Too many pluggers

Tr0llb0rn
05-28-2012, 03:32 PM
plugging out of control, patch it in!

jdklaw
05-28-2012, 04:19 PM
plugging isn't the issue, it's the ability of only a few people to be able to disrupt a raid of many, via binding directly outside and rushing the raid repeatedly.

u plug like twice an hour while online amirite?

SamwiseBanned
05-31-2012, 05:35 PM
no point in pvp when you can just plug away.

Tr0llb0rn
07-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Any forward progress on this solution to the pluggin plauge?

Needs to be in next patch imo

SamwiseBanned
07-11-2012, 08:07 PM
/agree its frustrating fighting zone huggers, you know who you are :)

Nirgon
07-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Jesus Christ.

Is this what you're worried about?

You'd rather precious time was spent on this? Ho-brudda.

Znif
07-18-2012, 09:16 AM
If you guys don't like plugging im sure there are other games/servers for you :D .....seriously though as a caster i can gate away from almost everything this is just one more thing to put a melee at a disadvantage in getting away from pvp

the opportunity to get a few more kills in after someone plugs while im camping them at their bind sounds cool though :cool:

Tr0llb0rn
07-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Raiders are thinking more along the line of zone control, not 1v1 random kills.

Guilds would zone plug enmass when a fight for zone control went south, and then would log back in enmass when the ones who made them plug started to occupy themselves again with progressing towards their raid target.

If zone plugging was delt with, then instead of a wave of geared/buffed enemy logging back in from a plug, the victors would only have to deal with naked enemy running back from their bind. Which of course is much easier to deal with. One group of rearguard could deal with the enemy trying to get their corpses instead of the whole raid sitting at the zoneline wondering when the enemy guild is going to log back in.

Znif
07-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Raiders are thinking more along the line of zone control, not 1v1 random kills.

Guilds would zone plug enmass when a fight for zone control went south, and then would log back in enmass when the ones who made them plug started to occupy themselves again with progressing towards their raid target.

If zone plugging was delt with, then instead of a wave of geared/buffed enemy logging back in from a plug, the victors would only have to deal with naked enemy running back from their bind. Which of course is much easier to deal with. One group of rearguard could deal with the enemy trying to get their corpses instead of the whole raid sitting at the zoneline wondering when the enemy guild is going to log back in.

that's a great point...just wonder if there is another way around this...if there's not then i would be in favor of this but i would hate to see some noob punished because there's a train at both zone lines or someone getting bind camped even worse(might be bad examples just pointing out this effects non raiders in a lot of ways) when there was another solution

Znif
07-18-2012, 11:36 AM
that's a great point...just wonder if there is another way around this...if there's not then i would be in favor of this but i would hate to see some noob punished because there's a train at both zone lines or someone getting bind camped even worse(might be bad examples just pointing out this effects non raiders in a lot of ways) when there was another solution

just to clarify i was talking about the hard code solution

heartbrand
07-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Pointless thread nothing will ever happen about this ever.

Holey
12-14-2012, 11:01 AM
so is your raid attendence.

Nirgon
12-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Haven't enough classic elements been butchered? Leave this alone / close it up.

Junkman
12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
close it down

runlvlzero
06-13-2013, 02:36 AM
This is where I have a "fuck 'em" attitude.

Now, let's remember why EQ sucked ass after Velious.

First, let me preface my explanation by first stating that zone plugging was a pretty novel thing to do in EQ during the Velious era (essentially no one devised doing it in PvP. It was mostly a way to get to PoM.)

With that in mind, Luclin came out and had safe zones. BUT, not only did it have safe zones, it had instant click exodus's and portals for Druids and Wizards!

Then came PoP with more safe zones, more AA's, more insane gear without proper scaling to help end the lives of people in much the same quick manner as previously seen in Velious and before then. That was Sony's fault. Moving on...

LDoN-- yay! Instances! (By this point plugging was rampant.)

Then later some bullshit gating AA for all classes? I hardly remember.

Case in point: EQ sucked because there became too many ways for people to A) escape PvP, and B) the gear scaled with PvP mechanics over time made a PvP battle between 2 people sometimes last 3 hours (some of them were epic, don't get me wrong).

So if we're making a list of things that were wrong with EQ, the terrible things that prevented real, honest PvP, it would start as follows:

1. Safe zones
2. Alternate Advancement (some were actually good ideas, ironically enough).
3. Instances
4. Hackers
5. Zone pluggers
6. Too much gear with too many stats
7. More levels
-----------------
8. Sony
9. My mom yelling at me to take out the garbage
10. Guilds ran by people who didn't want to stir anyone up
11. Iloveyou
12. That Constellations chick in the RL pic forum is really quite gorgeous and stunning, amirite or wut?
13. I've got a thing for those deep, dark brown peepers. I MELT, BREW.

But seriously, 1-7. Dying isn't a big deal. I suicide by going Rambo on full groups all the time, pals. I zone, sure. I don't plug. It isn't really a "tactic."

The reality is that you've lost at the point if plugging. You're just denying anyone else the pleasure of getting the kill of you out of spite and pride. I'm surprised no one else has said that. Don't call plugging something it isn't, something tactical or noble or even remotely natural to the game.

It is an exploit. What's that quote?

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." -- Thomas Paine, y'all.

Its noble to deny some twink lamer who does it themselves their easy kill after they ambush you in a tight spot because there is no were else to be.

Heck I will do it all day long to piss off the noob PKs in Unrest =)

Its a wash though because when you have those bastards by the balls they always zone dance, plug themselves...

It has no place in guild pvp though. Makes for lame fights. If it went away I wouldn't mind that much.