PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII

Yiblaan
03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah we all know FFXIII is better than EQ

FF > EQ > LIFE

Let's all discuss where we're at in FFXIII, what we think of it etc etc.

If you wanna be Classic talk about FFIX release

Simon Belmont
03-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah we all know FFXIII is better than EQ

FF > EQ > LIFE

Let's all discuss where we're at in FFXIII, what we think of it etc etc.

If you wanna be Classic talk about FFIX release

i started playing it... got to the first part of where the kid and that girl take those air motorcycles or whatever... then had to start tracking boss mobs. =p

Derazor
03-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Been a long time FF fan.

FF 13 is by far the worst installment of the series (besides 11).

Game play is insanely slow. Way too easy. Too automated. Linear.

Graphics are great though. Im about 12 hours into the game and part way through the second disk on the Xbox 360.

Hasbinbad
03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Final Fantasy 1 > EQ > The Legend of Zelda > Final Fantasy 7 > Everything Not Listed > Dogshit > WoW > Final Fantasy Other Than 1 & 7

Aeolwind
03-23-2010, 01:51 PM
I really liked FF2 and FF3 as well. The materia system is what made 7 for me, and I found a game Lost Odyssey that is extremely similar. Great story, FF combat system, just dope.

Ballerklein
03-23-2010, 02:33 PM
FF1 is epic that is all there is about that

Excision Rottun
03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
hi2u

Breath of Fire
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Lunar: Silver Star Story
FF4
FF5

Otto
03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG

yes.

Falisaty
03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
chrono trigger 1 and 2 FTW!!!!!

Wenai
03-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Been a long time FF fan.

FF 13 is by far the worst installment of the series (besides 11).

Game play is insanely slow. Way too easy. Too automated. Linear.

Graphics are great though. Im about 12 hours into the game and part way through the second disk on the Xbox 360.
I seem to see this reaction a lot and I have to say that 12hrs is far too early to make a call on it. The game doesn't even open up until the 25 hr mark. Once you get the the 25 hour mark it is no longer linear, have more control over your parties, strategies count and the missions are unforgivably hard.

The game is far from "too slow." Early on in the game you have very few choices. You can choose Attack.. You can choose Blitz... You can choose Ruin. My advice is this: When you get the opportunity to choose your party leader... play anything but a Commando. It is far too boring.

I agree that the first 25 hrs are far too linear. They literally spawn you in a corridor and you have to fight a conveyor belt of stupid mechanical creatures. I think a lot of people are getting hung up on this part of the game but trust me when I say it gets far better after the 25 hr mark.

I am currently 65 hrs in and I am still on chapter 11 (I got to Chapter 11 at the 25 hr mark) due to all the content that becomes available at that point. Between farming components (for upgrading), farming CP and the need for cash there is a lot to do. Factor in all the missions etc there is a huge timesink in the game (which I appreciate).

I am currently at the point where there is missions bosses I can't beat without continuing the story though which is a little bit annoying. I am capped at Stage 9 Crystarium and have all my characters maxxed in their primary roles as well as each of them having 1 non-natural role maxxed. Even with all this as well as Auto-Haste items, ATB Regen synergy and the works; I still can't beat some of the mission bosses. All of my characters have maxxed stage 2 weapons with maxxed accesories.

Needless to say; I am loving the game. I do have a few complaints though:

-Auto-battle (ie. the computer AI) is completely retarded at times. All three characters are sub-40% health and the Medic continuously casts Esuna to remove poison or something stupid.
-Kind of similar to my first complaint but my favorite part of FFXII was the ability to basically build the AI for your team members yourself. You could set up a series of commands that they would pull off in certain situations. If two situations were in effect, it would choose the one that you had ranked higher. I kind of wish there was a similar system in this.
-Linearity at the start is going to be too much for some to bear. This is not a western RPG. You do not get choices. There is an adventure and they make sure you are going to experience the adventure the way that they lay it out to you.

I really liked FF2 and FF3 as well. The materia system is what made 7 for me, and I found a game Lost Odyssey that is extremely similar. Great story, FF combat system, just dope.
Woot! Someone else who played Lost Odyssey! I totally rented this game, grinded it for so many hours on my friend's Xbox and never actually finished the game. I bought the game a while ago, but starting over was just too much for me to sit through it again. The random battles are just too much for me at this point, I just don't have the patience.

Tsuken
03-23-2010, 11:20 PM
I played most of the series, I loved FF5 the most, but FF4 a lot too.

atvaata
03-24-2010, 04:10 AM
wtb a list of roms to download which are good rpg's besides final fantasy! i just ordered a usb controller for snes/nes/atari and want to get my old old school on. if youve a site for downloads, pm me please.

Finawin
03-24-2010, 04:23 AM
www.isohunt.com

"snes roms"

"sega roms"

Download the two entire sets and play:
Shining Force(sega)
Might and Magic 2(sega)
Shadowrun(sega)
Shadowrun(snes)
THE TWO GAMES ARE VERY DIFFERENT BUT BOTH ROCK
Chrono Trigger(snes)
Secret of Mana(snes)

???

Profit!

atvaata
03-24-2010, 05:05 AM
THANKS FINA RAWRRRRRRRR GAMING NAO

Finawin
03-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Lufia(snes)
Lufia 2(snes)

Both of these games are fucking amazing, too.

atvaata
03-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Ty FINA ARE THEY ON THA SAME SITE?! PM ME ON DE BOARDSES

Vanech
03-24-2010, 04:16 PM
The various Phantasy Stars are good, although the one for the master system was >>

You could also try out the Dragon Warrior (Quest) games, and Paladin's Quest which were done by Enix.

If you like adventure rpgs (like Legend of Zelda) you should try out Brainlord and Soul blazer.

Actraiser is also good, although not 100% an RPG.

Suiken Detsu III if you can find it is the third title in the secret of mana series (secret of mana being #2)

Secret of Evermore follows the same general mechanics of SoM but has to deal with time travel and stuff, kind of interesting.

Bahamut Lagoon and Star Ocean are both titles (as well as the dragon quest games listed above) that we're never released commercially outside of Japan, but have been fan translated and released and are both good titles.