PDA

View Full Version : How long?

KrimzinIV
03-18-2010, 08:47 PM
How long do we see before hate becomes a 24/7 pug camp? Currently you have IB, Trans, Div, Fish Bait, In Virtue, and now Gothic Circle up there on a regular basis.

I dont really see this as a recipe for a fun server sticking 5+ Raid Capable guilds on a Classic only server.

This isnt a dig by any means at any of those guilds or the dev staff, more curious as to if the dev staff views this as an upcoming issue as well?

President
03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
How long do we see before hate becomes a 24/7 pug camp? Currently you have IB, Trans, Div, Fish Bait, In Virtue, and now Gothic Circle up there on a regular basis.

When wasn't it?

I dont really see this as a recipe for a fun server sticking 5+ Raid Capable guilds on a Classic only server.

No one is forcing you to play.

This isnt a dig by any means at any of those guilds or the dev staff, more curious as to if the dev staff views this as an upcoming issue as well?

I thought you were supposed to be a bad ass, because seriously, this is a noob thread.

Hasbinbad
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
I thought you were supposed to be a bad ass, because seriously, this is a noob thread.
Dude, I wouldn't taunt Krimz if I were you..

He's ... kind of a big deal.

KrimzinIV
03-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I know its hard to understand but its not always best to be an asshole even if your the biggest one on the server, sometimes you get better results by playing the smiley face diplomat card =)

siinge
03-18-2010, 10:13 PM
sounds like invirtue cant hang

i called it

KrimzinIV
03-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Id rip into you but it would just derail my thread Legend. I'm actually curious on some thoughts from non foaming at the mouth forum trolls.

siinge
03-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Id rip into you but it would just derail my thread Legend. I'm actually curious on some thoughts from non foaming at the mouth forum trolls.

sounds like invirtue cant hang

i called it

siinge
03-18-2010, 10:21 PM
When wasn't it?

No one is forcing you to play.

i lold so true

you were such a badass krimz lvling up, hanging out at solb takling massive shit, saw you in the planes a few times, now its getting a bit crowded.. its gonna get way worse, there are so many lowibes lvling up, gothic circle is gonna be a zerg overlord

IB is getting scared

i would... shit storm inc

i called it

Aaron
03-18-2010, 10:25 PM
I've taken a hiatus until Kunark. Old world stuff got old awhile ago. Hopefully when Kunark hits I'll still have a desire to come back. You're right Krimz, the 46+ zones are crowded and getting moreso by the day.

This isn't a QQ thread, even though it may appear to be one at first glance.

siinge
03-18-2010, 10:29 PM
I've taken a hiatus until Kunark. Old world stuff got old awhile ago. Hopefully when Kunark hits I'll still have a desire to come back. You're right Krimz, the 46+ zones are crowded and getting moreso by the day.

This isn't a QQ thread, even though it may appear to be one at first glance.

i remeber 99

i remeber classic

i remeber places like ogguk having a waiting list with multiple groups killing guards, same with freeport

try over 2k people all 40+

this is nothing you guys are baddies go get some sun

Zithax
03-18-2010, 10:40 PM
1. Bring lustrous russet back until kunark
2. add gem drops to pofear

just these two would rejuvenate the raid scene imo.

super alternate solutions could be:
3. add custom content (quests) to the game
4. add custom content (raid mobs) to the game, an example would be the mayong mistmoore they have had here in the past.

I've always wanted a "classic with a twist" type of deal, and I think this server could be a perfect candidate. new quests that add to the classic storylines and lore, with rewards itemized properly to classic too? shit yeah.

but yeah i'm pretty sure that won't fly so I suggest the first two options!

karsten
03-18-2010, 11:00 PM
zithax i suggest you shut the fuck up

siinge
03-18-2010, 11:04 PM

just these two would rejuvenate the raid scene imo.

super alternate solutions could be:
3. add custom content (quests) to the game
4. add custom content (raid mobs) to the game, an example would be the mayong mistmoore they have had here in the past.

I've always wanted a "classic with a twist" type of deal, and I think this server could be a perfect candidate. new quests that add to the classic storylines and lore, with rewards itemized properly to classic too? shit yeah.

but yeah i'm pretty sure that won't fly so I suggest the first two options!

not classic
not shards of dalaya

if your gonna add all that shit add in all the kunark spells now that dont break the game post 50

breeze summon pets lowbie cleric rez all that jazz spirit healers

and stfu

KrimzinIV
03-18-2010, 11:06 PM

This^ Great suggestion and well thought out. Would make fear much more appealing!

<3 u babe

Malrubius
03-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Ultimately, the high-end raiders (almost by definition) will grow bored and leave this server. They will always want newer, bigger, more challenging raid mobs to fight (so, a server that is always growing new content and raising the bar). Putting on my raiding hat - this makes complete sense.

This "creeping boredom among the raiding set" is happening already, although there will still be two more big bumps to keep them going (Kunark and Velious) before the newer, bigger raid mobs finally run out.

Once those raiders max out everything, grow bored, and quit after Velious, I would guess that the server will have a very different and more casual, feel to it. A classic EQ playground for the ages.

Hasbinbad
03-18-2010, 11:09 PM
I know its hard to understand but its not always best to be an asshole even if your the biggest one on the server, sometimes you get better results by playing the smiley face diplomat card =)
That was my smiley face diplomat card. :(

Dabamf
03-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Open sky!

Hasbinbad
03-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Open sky, but not before the devs are >95% sure that >95% of the mechanics work!
Fix'd for great justice.

Zithax
03-19-2010, 12:06 AM
not classic
not shards of dalaya

if your gonna add all that shit add in all the kunark spells now that dont break the game post 50

breeze summon pets lowbie cleric rez all that jazz spirit healers

and stfu

what

SwordNboard
03-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Once those raiders max out everything, grow bored, and quit after Velious, I would guess that the server will have a very different and more casual, feel to it. A classic EQ playground for the ages.

<3

Taminy
03-19-2010, 01:11 AM

Gem drops seem too low in hate.

But maybe I'm remembering PoG gem drops.

Xathik
03-19-2010, 05:23 AM
You know… the problem with EQ was never the exp loss at death, the slow speed at which you leveled, the fact that it took hours of game time just to travel to far away locations and it seemed that the devs were just waiting to punch you in the sack around every corner.

The problem with EQ was “certain” people in high-end guilds had no desire to be part of a community and instead, worked to subvert the greater good for their own personal gain/validation.

The bottom line is: everyone that fits in the above category is scaring away potential new players, I can name at least 2 I know.

Krimzin, I can speak to you personally but this is not about you, it is about everyone who fits this stereotype (and if this is a personal attack, then so be it, but I am speaking the truth, because I was there). I ran with you in the old days, back when I was young and frankly, immature. We went from server to server trying to cock-block and make everyone else’s gaming experience as far as high-end content was concerned, a total nightmare. It is people like us that ruined EQ, and every other loser who has nothing ELSE in their life, who sits at their computer for 12-14 hours a day to cock-block and monopolize already limited content to prove to the whole world how frikin uber they are. Didn’t your mother ever teach you to share? When will it stop? Did it stop on Morell Thule? Did it stop on Vazaelle? KB? Sleeper? Now IV has moved to yet another server, this time EMULATED (all due to respect to the devs, you did an amazing job!) and you haven’t learned yet? It's been 10 YEARS…

The whole competition thing, yeah … I GOT IT, but hey, maybe we can act like we learned a thing or two in the intervening decade and all work together to share the content that is available.

Originally, and I would speak to 90% of the classic Everquest population and 90% of those on this server right now, EQ was a great community of people that came together to play an amazing game that at the time was, frankly, revolutionary. Most of us grew up reading fantasy novels or playing D&D and EQ was the first game to really provide us a playground to live out those personal fantasies in a real-time 3D environment. It was epic, immersive, and frankly, it moved people.

Everyone needs to grow-the %!^&-up and share. We all know there is limited content in EQ classic, wow, no surprise here. Perhaps try to ENJOY the game for what am amazing job the devs have done! Sit back, relax and take it all in. Because guess what, once Velious comes out and you have cruised through all the raid content in the first few weeks, you are going to get bored and quit anyways... biding your time until you can do the same thing all over again. Notice a pattern yet?

Yep, 1st post, but dude, it had to be said. (Oh, hi btw, are you the REAL Krimzin??)

Zithax
03-19-2010, 05:44 AM
You know… the problem with EQ was never the exp loss at death, the slow speed at which you leveled, the fact that it took hours of game time just to travel to far away locations and it seemed that the devs were just waiting to punch you in the sack around every corner.

The problem with EQ was “certain” people in high-end guilds had no desire to be part of a community and instead, worked to subvert the greater good for their own personal gain/validation.

The bottom line is: everyone that fits in the above category is scaring away potential new players, I can name at least 2 I know.

Krimzin, I can speak to you personally but this is not about you, it is about everyone who fits this stereotype (and if this is a personal attack, then so be it, but I am speaking the truth, because I was there). I ran with you in the old days, back when I was young and frankly, immature. We went from server to server trying to cock-block and make everyone else’s gaming experience as far as high-end content was concerned, a total nightmare. It is people like us that ruined EQ, and every other loser who has nothing ELSE in their life, who sits at their computer for 12-14 hours a day to cock-block and monopolize already limited content to prove to the whole world how frikin uber they are. Didn’t your mother ever teach you to share? When will it stop? Did it stop on Morell Thule? Did it stop on Vazaelle? KB? Sleeper? Now IV has moved to yet another server, this time EMULATED (all due to respect to the devs, you did an amazing job!) and you haven’t learned yet? It's been 10 YEARS…

The whole competition thing, yeah … I GOT IT, but hey, maybe we can act like we learned a thing or two in the intervening decade and all work together to share the content that is available.

Originally, and I would speak to 90% of the classic Everquest population and 90% of those on this server right now, EQ was a great community of people that came together to play an amazing game that at the time was, frankly, revolutionary. Most of us grew up reading fantasy novels or playing D&D and EQ was the first game to really provide us a playground to live out those personal fantasies in a real-time 3D environment. It was epic, immersive, and frankly, it moved people.

Everyone needs to grow-the %!^&-up and share. We all know there is limited content in EQ classic, wow, no surprise here. Perhaps try to ENJOY the game for what am amazing job the devs have done! Sit back, relax and take it all in. Because guess what, once Velious comes out and you have cruised through all the raid content in the first few weeks, you are going to get bored and quit anyways... biding your time until you can do the same thing all over again. Notice a pattern yet?

Yep, 1st post, but dude, it had to be said. (Oh, hi btw, are you the REAL Krimzin??)

Thanks for turning this into a flame thread.

Let me start off by saying this: You are a fucking idiot.

I really don't get how dumbed down this argument needs to get before ignorant airhead dipshits like you will understand the very basic concepts at work. It's almost as if you purposely try to be a fucking idiot, for what reason(s) I do not know. No wait, I think I do, and now let me attempt to decipher what delusions plague you and others like you.

Do you think if this were a first person shooter, everyone would prefer to get a 1:1 kdr (thats one kill for one death, that means they are EQUAL, yes when two "things" are considered the "same", whether obviating particular facets or comparing overall, they are thusly "equal.") just because that would then mean all players received equal enjoyment? Fuck. No. That's absolutely not even how it works.

Everyone would be dissatisfied (read: unhappy) if such an environment like that was stated as the purpose of the game. No one would play that shit. Now, we get people who can't for whatever reason, compete on the same level of others that they admire, complaining that shit isn't "fair." Well no fucking shit, nothing is "fair" and I wouldn't expect it to be in a competitive video game (read: all video games are competitive you twit). Don't sit back and lecture someone about how they should enjoy a game, because with every 2:1 kdr there are more people with 1:2 kdr's. WINNERS and LOSERS, simply put.

Do us hardcore people go around posting that "casuals" are fucking our game up when we go to farm something for an alt or whatever reason and there's a group of lowbies there? No. Only assholes would. We leave and check in later. Wanna know why WoW is a big hit? Because everyone fucking wins. I guaran-fucking-TEE if there was a huge sticker on the front that read "everyone wins no one loses in this game, but hey its still fun! trust us!" it wouldn't have a quarter as many subs. Why? Because they thinly veil it as an MMORPG, one where you compete for items, money, power, etc. But once you get in game, nothing gives a real advantage over anything else. Once you realize this you realize how fucking terrible the game is. I want any ex-wow player to tell me I'm wrong and mean it, aka not lie to themselves, and I'll swallow my fucking words. I say this because it is impossible for the latter to be true.

Some people do have fun being casual. That's great, I wish them the best. Some people have fun being hardcore. That's great, I wish them the best too. Some people don't mind taking four months to level 1-50. Some people can't stand not racing to the top, no matter what. The latter is the majority case; those who can't measure up are the ones who thrust themselves into denial and get vocal on forums about it; blaming everything but themselves. You don't see johnny casual coming in here and complaining, you see johnny-secretly-wants-to-be-awesome come in here and complain about fuck all. You know what? Fuck him.

In essence, get back into your pulpit of arrogant ignorance, and shut the fuck up.

Anybody else wants to diss me, krimz, or any other raider can suck a nut. I'm tired of you faggots shitting up forums. WAH WAH, I FUCKING SUCK SO I NEED DEVS HELP TO NOT SUCK. The very definition of favoritism, you demented fucks.

yes i'm mad.

mitic
03-19-2010, 06:20 AM

looks like u havent played eq in the early days eh? there is no solution except kunark

Rael
03-19-2010, 06:40 AM

----

Krimzin The Tactician
In-Virtue.com

lolwut?

Ferok
03-19-2010, 10:11 AM

It attracted this player.

If it weren't for high-end guild drama, this server wouldn't feel classic at all.

ashecrimson
03-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Raid Blackburrow

Aeolwind
03-19-2010, 10:28 AM
yes i'm mad.

And break the no flaming rules in the server chat forum again and you'll be banned from the forums.

That goes for Siinge, Hasbin & anyone else. Keep it in rants and flames or stop posting.

JaVeDK
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
What I like about this server is that progression is (very close to) classic, and I hope that the timeline will be too. The progression server on live was completely ruined by high end guilds blazing through content. The high end raiders on this server needs to understand, that they are - like on live - the minority. And even though they are a very vocal group, and overrepresented on these boards, I don't see why they should be catered to or given any special consideration in this regard.

Stay the course Devs!

Aaron
03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
What I like about this server is that progression is (very close to) classic, and I hope that the timeline will be too. The progression server on live was completely ruined by high end guilds blazing through content. The high end raiders on this server needs to understand, that they are - like on live - the minority. And even though they are a very vocal group, and overrepresented on these boards, I don't see why they should be catered to or given any special consideration in this regard.

Stay the course Devs!

I don't really know what you're talking about. You're taking something and calling it something else. I'm not a high-end raider by any means. Currently I can log in, go farm something on the 50 mage, go do some rezzes on the 50 cleric, or....play my lvl 8 monk?

As a casual player I don't want to fight over spawns. As a casual player I don't want to deal with the drama that is IB, Trans, et al. But there's not a lot for me to do really. I'm not complaining. As I've said, I'm taking a hiatus and hopefully I'll want to come back when Kunark hits.

Nobody is asking to be catered to. Don't turn this into that type of thread.

Nedala
03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
You are a fucking Idiot

to be a fucking idiot

Fuck. No.

Well no fucking shit, nothing is "fair"

are fucking our game up

Because everyone fucking wins.

I guaran-fucking-TEE

how fucking terrible the game is.

I'll swallow my fucking words.

Fuck him.

shut the fuck up.

I FUCKING SUCK

you demented fucks.

You like the word, dont you? :D

Aeolwind
03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
FYI, Sky is about 60% done. All the events & quests are scripted and Sirran is working. I'm sure some bugs are going to pop out with his operation however. I still need to adjust spawn times and loot drops.

In the absolute classic sense, the Spiroc Lord should be the classic cap on the zone as only 1 guild managed to kill him on live Pre-Kunark. So, there will probably be several resist/AC changes along the way.

JaVeDK
03-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Nobody is asking to be catered to. Don't turn this into that type of thread.

I'm sorry. It was not my intention to do that, but I must disagree with the first sentence in the above quote. If people could deal with this in classic - with much larger populations I might add - they can deal with it here.

Kadie
03-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Off the topic (sorry), you didn't happen to play on EU-Emerald Dream on WoW did you Jave?

JaVeDK
03-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Kadie: PM'ed you!

Yiblaan
03-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Add <Flaming Gaze> to the mix

we should have a group up there by next week :)

karsten
03-19-2010, 01:57 PM
who lot of vaginas in this thread

Pikle
03-19-2010, 02:22 PM
haha never too many of those Karsten :)

But seriously, people have been posting since December that this was going to be a problem. I know because I was one of those people. The high level of competition that is going on make this server more fun. A lot of people saw this coming, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen?

Right? Am I right? Can I get an Amen!

I have been saying from the beginning that GC will treat the server with respect and the players on it. We help out the lower lvls and help out the higher levels as much as we can. Not everyone is like this, and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I've been to the In Virtue forums, I've done some research, I know the history. This type of server should be right up your ally. This is GC's 4th emu server, the competition at the top level pushes the server forward. Kunark will be released, and then there will be a scramble to grind and kill more mobs. In my experience on live, I remember being on lists for camps forever, waiting 6 hours on a list just to get into a camp I wanted. Just for experience! I remember taking 1 FP guard spawn just because everyone one else in the zone had them all camped, I would sit and kill 1 mob for exp! It can get way worse, trust me.

I suggest those who are at the top or even think they are, to instead of running out of things to do, go help lower lvls. At lvl 5 I was so happy if someone let me loot a shield in misty, it helped out a ton buy spells early. Just a small gesture can help out someone so much. So let's HELP each other out a bit and have fun.

On a side note, for everyone who has just entered planes recently, GC is getting geared and ready. I expect us to be treated with respect as I and GC have treated you all with.

Zithax
03-19-2010, 03:03 PM
You like the word, dont you? :D

yes

& aeolwind I didn't know that was against the rules, but I cant find the rules anyway a direct link would be appreciated (not sarcasm)

Ferok
03-19-2010, 03:10 PM
yes

& aeolwind I didn't know that was against the rules, but I cant find the rules anyway a direct link would be appreciated (not sarcasm)
Hi there
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1594

Zithax
03-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi there
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1594

my post isnt covered in that.

Aeolwind retract your threat, or issue it in private and delete your public post.

Simon Belmont
03-19-2010, 03:59 PM
FYI, Sky is about 60% done. All the events & quests are scripted and Sirran is working. I'm sure some bugs are going to pop out with his operation however. I still need to adjust spawn times and loot drops.

In the absolute classic sense, the Spiroc Lord should be the classic cap on the zone as only 1 guild managed to kill him on live Pre-Kunark. So, there will probably be several resist/AC changes along the way.

Is there any confirmation on this? I seemed to recall this as well, but my guild swore to me up and down that sky was cleared before kunark which I dont think was possible at all.

yaaaflow
03-19-2010, 04:29 PM
I recall a guild on Cazic-Thule, Coterie Nocturne I think, clearing all of sky pre-kunark. I have no proof of that whatsoever.

Ferok
03-19-2010, 04:47 PM

Aeolwind retract your threat, or issue it in private and delete your public post.

Insulting or disparaging a member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done.

Would you like to know more?

Aaron
03-19-2010, 05:51 PM

Dude. Shut the fuck up.

vaire100
03-19-2010, 06:36 PM
im gonna check back in on this project in another two years or so. the fact is things just cant work out. better off making your own lan emu. xathik nailed it.

Zithax
03-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Can we get back on topic pls!

Bring lustrous russet back :D

Gwence
03-19-2010, 06:51 PM
thanks for posting vaire, please keep us updated with all your future endeavors.

Im interested, srsly.

Bodeanicus
03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks for turning this into a flame thread.

I really don't get how dumbed down this argument needs to get before ignorant airhead dipshits like you will understand the very basic concepts at work. It's almost as if you purposely try to be a fucking idiot, for what reason(s) I do not know. No wait, I think I do, and now let me attempt to decipher what delusions plague you and others like you.

Do you think if this were a first person shooter, everyone would prefer to get a 1:1 kdr (thats one kill for one death, that means they are EQUAL, yes when two "things" are considered the "same", whether obviating particular facets or comparing overall, they are thusly "equal.") just because that would then mean all players received equal enjoyment? Fuck. No. That's absolutely not even how it works.

Everyone would be dissatisfied (read: unhappy) if such an environment like that was stated as the purpose of the game. No one would play that shit. Now, we get people who can't for whatever reason, compete on the same level of others that they admire, complaining that shit isn't "fair." Well no fucking shit, nothing is "fair" and I wouldn't expect it to be in a competitive video game (read: all video games are competitive you twit). Don't sit back and lecture someone about how they should enjoy a game, because with every 2:1 kdr there are more people with 1:2 kdr's. WINNERS and LOSERS, simply put.

Do us hardcore people go around posting that "casuals" are fucking our game up when we go to farm something for an alt or whatever reason and there's a group of lowbies there? No. Only assholes would. We leave and check in later. Wanna know why WoW is a big hit? Because everyone fucking wins. I guaran-fucking-TEE if there was a huge sticker on the front that read "everyone wins no one loses in this game, but hey its still fun! trust us!" it wouldn't have a quarter as many subs. Why? Because they thinly veil it as an MMORPG, one where you compete for items, money, power, etc. But once you get in game, nothing gives a real advantage over anything else. Once you realize this you realize how fucking terrible the game is. I want any ex-wow player to tell me I'm wrong and mean it, aka not lie to themselves, and I'll swallow my fucking words. I say this because it is impossible for the latter to be true.

Some people do have fun being casual. That's great, I wish them the best. Some people have fun being hardcore. That's great, I wish them the best too. Some people don't mind taking four months to level 1-50. Some people can't stand not racing to the top, no matter what. The latter is the majority case; those who can't measure up are the ones who thrust themselves into denial and get vocal on forums about it; blaming everything but themselves. You don't see johnny casual coming in here and complaining, you see johnny-secretly-wants-to-be-awesome come in here and complain about fuck all. You know what? Fuck him.

In essence, get back into your pulpit of arrogant ignorance, and shut the fuck up.

Anybody else wants to diss me, krimz, or any other raider can suck a nut. I'm tired of you faggots shitting up forums. WAH WAH, I FUCKING SUCK SO I NEED DEVS HELP TO NOT SUCK. The very definition of favoritism, you demented fucks.

yes i'm mad.

Aw, is Pussy mad because his mad "skillz" aren't being appreciated? It's so difficult sitting your fat ass in that chair all day long, juggling AFK to fend off mom aggro, having to eat, piss, shit, and sleep, and still being a EQ God, isn't it?

Nobody is impressed. And never will be. It's a video game. A 10 year old video game that anyone can get every detail to do anything in off of the 'net. So why don't you calm the fuck down and go outside for a little bit, bipolar boy? How about trying to maybe... get laid? You know, that thing where you put your peepee in another human, instead of your hand? I promise you'll like it. Hook up with Finawin, he's another fat ass with no life. Fuck each other.

Finawin
03-20-2010, 12:37 PM
He's telling others to calm down.

lol hilarious

It must be pretty bad being so absolutely horrid at such an easy game. We're all only "good" at it because we have no lives, have never had sex, poopsock session nightly, and avoid sunlight.You caught us, Matlock.

We get it. You're level 10, never will get past level 30, and suck horribly at the game. Your tired rants against the people better than you have been used millions of times by shitty players since the dawn of MMOs.

You must have supermodels sucking your dick while you play on a macbook, on a yacht in the Mediterranean, snorting coke off of bars of gold. You are so cool.

Finawin
03-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Furthermore, I would ban you from the forums and the game were I the devs. To imply one man's hobby is more important, valued, or otherwise "better" than the other is purely horseshit.

I can almost guarantee the amount of work the devs have put into this project far outweighs the hours some of us have put into the game PLAYING it.

You might as well outright call them losers too, kid.

Bodeanicus
03-20-2010, 12:49 PM
He's telling others to calm down.

lol hilarious

It must be pretty bad being so absolutely horrid at such an easy game. We're all only "good" at it because we have no lives, have never had sex, poopsock session nightly, and avoid sunlight.

You caught us, Matlock. You are so cool.

You know what my beef with you is, Fin? The condescending attitude. Tis game isn't hard. It's never been terribly difficult. A retarded ape could play it after the intial learning curve. But you seem to think this game requires skill. What skill would that be? The ability to sit in the same chair 20 hours a day? You're not special. You're not brilliant. You're just some dude with way too much time on his hands. And what makes it even funnier is that you play a fucking Mage, a class that takes exactly zero fucking skill to level. But you needed to get to 50 as fast as possible right, so you could talk down to the "noobs," right? You're fucking pathetic.

Bodeanicus
03-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Furthermore, I would ban you from the forums and the game were I the devs. To imply one man's hobby is more important, valued, or otherwise "better" than the other is purely horseshit.

I can almost guarantee the amount of work the devs have put into this project far outweighs the hours some of us have put into the game PLAYING it.

You might as well outright call them losers too, kid.

This isn't you hobby. This is your life. Aren't you proud?

Why are you bringing the devs into this? I fully appreciate the time and effort they put in to it. That has nothing to do with you being a ever present douchebag calling everyone "noobs" because you have no life beyond a video game.

Finawin
03-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Everyone on this board knows I leveled a mage to farm for my real character. (and my friends and family playing)

And way to agree with me that the game isn't that hard, reinforcing the fact you're even more terrible.

I don't talk down to noobs. There are almost no noobs on this server. The game is 10 years old. More than 95% of the players here have played this game before, and at great length. Moreover, anyone who has ever sent me a tell asking a question, to go kill something for them, anything, has received help. Shit, even the people on these boards that "hate" me have probably received the same treatment.

I talk down to morons, racists, spammers, people like you. You think everyone better than you has no life. Your hypocrisy is a steaming pile of shit.

You can't argue both ways. The game is either easy or hard.

It's so easy, so clearly anyone can get to 50 and be well-geared and play well, right?

But wait, everyone 50 and well-geared, playing well have no lives!

*blink* get your story straight, mongoloid.

Woosh
03-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Wow, wowzie, wowzers..

JaVeDK
03-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Moreover, anyone who has ever sent me a tell asking a question, to go kill something for them, anything, has received help.

Bad move... :D

Pikle
03-20-2010, 01:23 PM
haha, I don't even have to defend Finawin. But I will :) Finawin is not only a skilled player, no matter what class he plays. He's also a very helpful player. And I'm not sure if you knew this, there are actually good mages and bad mages! And this game is a hobby, just like most video games are. A lot of people who play EQ are just gamers, so they would be sitting in chair playing something else if it weren't this game... Is spending a lot of time on the forums better? Are you that much better than everyone else?

Just so you know, a retarded ape couldn't play this game. Verant did original testing and realized an average ape could only play a warrior and no other class :( So I doubt a retarded one could. Also Blizzard did that same test and found out that the only class an ape couldn't play in WoW was a shaman, and their best class was a druid. Which the ape took to a 2550 arena rating...

This game is pretty hard and has a tremendous learning curve, I'm not sure what this initial learning curve you are talking about is? Like the first month in the game maybe? Or the first 3 months? Explain yourself...

Zithax
03-20-2010, 01:50 PM
this thread is awesome.

the difficulty in everquest lies not in the class of your character, but the game mechanics by which you must learn to operate them effectively and efficiently. some people can't understand this, some can. in wow the game mechanics are practically a bumper lane in bowling so you are bound to reach success no matter what. not in eq friends!

I've already ranted in this thread, and if that or finawin's posts didn't get the point across I don't know what will. I really don't know how to put it simpler. I'm not trying to be condescending, either. It's just how simple can you make "2+2=4" "1+1+1+1=1+1+1+1" ?? where do you go from there when people still reject or deny the logic at work?

TheDudeAbides
03-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Are you gonna get these guys man? Do you have any....any promising leads?

Arkanjil
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM
This game isn't that hard...it is simply unforgiving to mistakes :p

Finawin
03-20-2010, 08:50 PM
You know you're fucking retarded when people support my side in an argument.

Abacab
03-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Finawin, you still haven't DPS'd with me in Lord =[

Alawen Everywhere
03-20-2010, 08:53 PM
What a delightfully classic thread! I have noticed that the people who claim EQ is easy and requires no skill tend to have poor gear and little raid experience. They also tend to make obvious and repeated play errors. I have noticed much less correlation between play time and in game success, despite adamant claims by those same subpar players.

Finawin
03-20-2010, 08:54 PM
How dare you question the coolest guy alive in the mmo world, Bodeanicus?!

Arkanjil
03-20-2010, 09:07 PM
What a delightfully classic thread! I have noticed that the people who claim EQ is easy and requires no skill tend to have poor gear and little raid experience. They also tend to make obvious and repeated play errors. I have noticed much less correlation between play time and in game success, despite adamant claims by those same subpar players.

This game is all about a persons skill. Many mistakes in this game make the difference between dying/living and on raids....wiping 20-40 people.

Let me clarify on my previous statement, this game isn't hard to a person who has developed the necessary skills for this game. Many occurrences just come natural. But it can be challenging and mistakes usually come with harsh consequences.

Finawin
03-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Aww, I came home today expecting him to post more hate induced, frothing, idiocy-filled drivel.

Ektar
03-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Stopped reading and just skipped ahead... so if this has been said in the second half of the thread, then I apologize. But as has been stated by Nilbog, we are just numbers and data to his vision. He's made it quite clear he won't change his project because it makes sense to the data. We dance the dance he made for us. 'Tis an enjoyable dance! but it is the one given to us. Kinda like the matrix if you think about it!

Zithax
03-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Stopped reading and just skipped ahead... so if this has been said in the second half of the thread, then I apologize. But as has been stated by Nilbog, we are just numbers and data to his vision. He's made it quite clear he won't change his project because it makes sense to the data. We dance the dance he made for us. 'Tis an enjoyable dance! but it is the one given to us. Kinda like the matrix if you think about it!

you tell nilbog i'll shit all over him

and you

i'll shit all over you both

Ektar
03-22-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm gonna tell you this only once zithax. I want it in my mouth and nowhere else. It can be hard it can be soft or it can be green -- but I want it CLEAN

Lanor
03-22-2010, 03:34 AM
let me be yo drain tonight

atvaata
03-22-2010, 07:16 AM
*sings like dave chapelle*

yo boddyy..
yo bodddyy...

is a porta-pottyy..

Hasbinbad
03-22-2010, 12:32 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/0/0a/RKelly.jpg

Simon Belmont
03-22-2010, 01:37 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/0/0a/RKelly.jpg

haha is that vida guerra?

Woosh
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
I want to piss on you too!

atvaata
03-24-2010, 02:43 AM

Taunting a dev can never have a positive outcome.