PDA

View Full Version : I think the time has come for Shadows of Lucin

Fumoo112
03-28-2024, 10:21 AM
I think the time is NOW. I know years back p99 made an agreement with the owners of eq. But given the change of hands over the years, the current devs working on other projects. Other private servers making content beyond Velious, i think for the future of p99 they need to expand the content. The time is now.

Naethyn
03-28-2024, 11:45 AM
i support this

Pulgasari
03-28-2024, 12:38 PM
wtb sorrowsong boots

imahos
03-28-2024, 01:46 PM
I would love it. But not going to happen. We might not even have the needed firepower to merge the servers atm.

Luckily, for people who need Luclin, there are options. Personally I'm going to wait a while to a) see if Quarm still exists after a year and b) wait until better twink gear is in-era so I don't have to do a classic 1-50 leveling experience.

Fumoo112
03-28-2024, 02:01 PM
What do you mean firepower?

Ciderpress
03-28-2024, 02:13 PM
no luclin sucks.

the bazaar sucks and mooncats suck and the whole goofy space fantasy orgy is terrible and bad and only terrible bad people like it.

custom content would be cool, but requires a massive time investment by volunteer devs. But so does adding luclin.

add the pop zones that make sense lore-wise, velious added mischief and growth, the logical next expansion should have been pop anyway. Just remove pok and tune the encounters not to need any luclin gear to beat, boom done.

Toxigen
03-28-2024, 02:18 PM
oh look its this thread again

imahos
03-28-2024, 02:55 PM

Dev time.

Trexller
03-28-2024, 02:58 PM

human beings with the free time, desire to, and finger-tendon strength to code a function luclin expansion.

these guys have spent thousands of man-hours DE-LUCLIFYING titanium to make it a "classic client"

every single one of these half-baked asinine threads gets answered the same way:

"you are asking devs to UNDO THEN REDO everything they have done since 2008"

and yet i bet this thread will go 4 pages as every halfwit chimes in, "yeah it'd be nice if we had this", "no no its actually easy to do this and this, but i work in food service", "keep velious content but give access to AAs", "Just fix bows then 1000s of people will play Red99", "Trump is a douche bag", "But but I wanna play a pussy beastlord", "Nexus Scion will kill the port economy", "SKs can't fully utilize greenmist without Ssra"

2 weeks go by, thread fades, month goes by, another PLS LUCLIN thread pops up

suck it up and play TAKP like a real man

Ciderpress
03-28-2024, 03:24 PM
tbf that's why I specifically ask only for "custom content", which is a concept the actual devs actually did float.

Ciderpress
03-28-2024, 03:27 PM
I think people assume adding luclin to p99 is more or less the same thing as sony turning on the next expansion on a tlp. Big noper on that.

Fumoo112
03-28-2024, 03:30 PM
Well its been 10 years of velious, if you do not adapt and change with the times, the times pass you by. Yes, p99 gets about 1k players on avg between the two servers. But the new people coming in, which isnt many trying to level is near impossible unless you make a solo class. Healers and CC are non exsistant at lower levels which makes content hard. Just because you guys are 60 with all your raiding gear does not make you right. Its not just about you , i look at it as a new player. Even in a Live eq with the TLPs, it gets stale. So much good content not experinced by the good people of Norrath. Bazaar is trash. I agree, hate it, it ruined the market but there are so many good zones and much more content that is good inside Luclin and PoP.

Ciderpress
03-28-2024, 03:31 PM
Ok well you code it

Fumoo112
03-28-2024, 03:32 PM
In time Project quarm will take over, and p99 will cease to really exist. Id be on Quarm myself if it wasnt for my friends not wanting to be over there because of some of the bugs.

Fumoo112
03-28-2024, 03:34 PM
You could probably release Lucin and just leave the Bazaar out honestly. And act like coding isnt turning into a AI job. Soon most coders will be out of jobs. Nvida is even projecting coding jobs to go obsolete.

Toxigen
03-28-2024, 03:35 PM
In time Project quarm will take over, and p99 will cease to really exist.

doubt it

instanced raids lol

Fumoo112
03-28-2024, 03:39 PM
TLPs have instance raids and they seem to do just fine, just releasing them, and still making Money off of them.

Imago
03-28-2024, 03:52 PM
TLPs have instance raids and they seem to do just fine, just releasing them, and still making Money off of them.

Not classic tho

Fumoo112
03-28-2024, 03:57 PM
Instance raids are just fine, keep open world like TLPs do and then make instance raid encounters, not everyone has 4 days to wait on a spawn, the world is different. People move much faster these days. It is still very possible to have the classic experince with instance raids as well. I get it right, preserve the state of eq when it was the best i get it , im a player from 99. But those times are gone just enjoy it, but just doing velious content gets stale there has to be something else.

Pulgasari
03-28-2024, 03:59 PM
no luclin sucks.

the bazaar sucks and mooncats suck and the whole goofy space fantasy orgy is terrible and bad and only terrible bad people like it.

custom content would be cool, but requires a massive time investment by volunteer devs. But so does adding luclin.

add the pop zones that make sense lore-wise, velious added mischief and growth, the logical next expansion should have been pop anyway. Just remove pok and tune the encounters not to need any luclin gear to beat, boom done.

open source dalaya and get staff that aren't cuckoo birds

Runnage
03-28-2024, 04:14 PM
oh look its this thread again

Yeah, cause it's needed. Luclin is long overdue on these servers.

Runnage
03-28-2024, 04:15 PM
Jesus Christ dude, you need a tissue? This guy is filling up the Ocean of Tears all by himself cause someone suggested a good idea.

chillybob
03-28-2024, 04:25 PM

easy to make money when you don't police people rocking 24 man MQ2 box crews to farm items for RMTquest.

Duik
03-28-2024, 07:36 PM
In a year, P99 will die, Quarm will take over.

Cyas in a year then?

Go to eqemulator and check forum (and discord) and search for "making my own server", refine search terms to "I wanna make it stop at <insert expansion>" do I just enable expansion number in server_rules?
Short answer: Yes! But it will use all current server code. Combat, saves, pet power etc. Enjoy.

Long answer: Nope! followed by 50,000 extra steps requiring c++, mysql and perl/lua coding skillz.

<highschool_coder> pipes in with takp has released the DB! Should be easy blah blah. They will be shot down by the 3 or 4 actual coders that frequent the forums pointing out there are thousands of changes needed to bring a server up to era correctness.

So, go do it and see ya never.

Swish
03-28-2024, 08:02 PM
I think the time is NOW. I know years back p99 made an agreement with the owners of eq. But given the change of hands over the years, the current devs working on other projects. Other private servers making content beyond Velious, i think for the future of p99 they need to expand the content. The time is now.

You think you want it, but you dont.

Trexller
03-28-2024, 08:38 PM
You think you want it, but you dont.

Swish has 255 wisdom with +500 heroic wis

Ciderpress
03-28-2024, 08:46 PM
Even the people who have the sweatiest most exclusive pixels here aren't calling for luclin. Most of us play here specifically because luclin was dogshit.

Ciderpress
03-28-2024, 08:49 PM
Woahhh look at this new game mechanic, you're outside but it's still treated as underwater! We changed literally one flag! This is game development and progression.

Fumoo112
03-28-2024, 08:52 PM
I think you guys are afraid of the content.

Ciderpress
03-28-2024, 09:22 PM

There's a ton of p99 content I've still never seen nor participated in.

Never been to sleeper's, never played a bard or a shadowknight or a ranger past level 15, never killed literally any dragon in tov unless you count hot drakes as dragons, never rolled a troll shaman and self-found it through that misery gauntlet, never been to najena ever except once by accident, never grouped in sola ever on any character, never really grouped in sol b except for some "bugs" group and I think I died just trying to get to them. Never really grouped in permafrost, droga, chardok, splitpaw, CT, velks except ent groups. Never did a cleric epic, enc epic, nec epic, sk epic, monk epic, wiz epic, mage epic. Never got a good spell off a cliff golem. Never got a VP key, never killed a trak cause the meta is no retards allowed.

There are so many things to do, if you've done them all I fear the smell of your chair.

Ciderpress
03-28-2024, 09:37 PM
I almost forgot to mention: I have never been to plane of sky once and I refuse to ever go.

Pulgasari
03-28-2024, 11:56 PM
There's a ton of p99 content I've still never seen nor participated in.

Never been to sleeper's, never played a bard or a shadowknight or a ranger past level 15, never killed literally any dragon in tov unless you count hot drakes as dragons, never rolled a troll shaman and self-found it through that misery gauntlet, never been to najena ever except once by accident, never grouped in sola ever on any character, never really grouped in sol b except for some "bugs" group and I think I died just trying to get to them. Never really grouped in permafrost, droga, chardok, splitpaw, CT, velks except ent groups. Never did a cleric epic, enc epic, nec epic, sk epic, monk epic, wiz epic, mage epic. Never got a good spell off a cliff golem. Never got a VP key, never killed a trak cause the meta is no retards allowed.

There are so many things to do, if you've done them all I fear the smell of your chair.

Couldn't you just...not do Luclin content either, if Luclin was added? :eek:

Trexller
03-29-2024, 12:41 AM

i play on takp when i wanna do luclin/pop/boxing content

i play on p99 when I don't

this is why there are separate sandboxes

anyone who doesn't understand this, cannot be helped.

Trexller
03-29-2024, 12:44 AM
and we're already at page 4

it seems i underestimated the amount of you that don't understand the fact that you do not understand what P99 is supposed to be

Duik
03-29-2024, 12:49 AM
Couldnt you just not come here if luclin isn't added?
Oops, sorry.

@Ciderpress some of my fondest memories are grouping in many of the zones you listed. Also never went sleepers or VP.
Based on an IRL guild meet up of the largest aussie guild from prexus (Southern Armada) I too feel ive missed very little.
Those guys and girls were wound so tight even at a friendly get together I just left. But only after checking out if the 2IC druid chick (im thinking Redwind or Redwing) was hot as was rumoured.

Those guys defo needed to get out more.

Duik
03-29-2024, 12:51 AM
Trex said it better.

branamil
03-29-2024, 01:38 AM
You mean you expect the people who take 11 years to fix the muffin vendor to work out all of luclin's bugs ? LoL

chillybob
03-29-2024, 05:14 AM
In a year, P99 will die, Quarm will take over.

Blue should be dead by now w/ this logic. Yet still sees highs of 700-800 players some nights.

P99 will never die :cool:

Runnage
03-29-2024, 05:43 AM
and we're already at page 4

it seems i underestimated the amount of you that don't understand the fact that you do not understand what P99 is supposed to be

What YOU think it should be. You don't get to decide for me what something is, or isn't. Get off your high horse bro, it's everquest. Grumpy ass old men I swear...

Duik
03-29-2024, 06:21 AM
Blue should be dead by now w/ this logic. Yet still sees highs of 700-800 players some nights.

P99 will never die :cool:

Hey numbnuts, try reading the whole post. You missed the besterest bit!

I know reading is hard, but i believe in you.

Fumoo112
03-29-2024, 01:47 PM
Are you 9 years old , sounds like you have never made it past level 20 at all , Most of that content is not end game even. Sounds like when Lucin does come around you should stay in the commons. For us normal folk its time. Honestly i dont even think the devs give a shit about these green or blue servers anymore.

Trexller
03-29-2024, 03:09 PM
What YOU think it should be. You don't get to decide for me what something is, or isn't. Get off your high horse bro, it's everquest. Grumpy ass old men I swear...

Yeah I do, but it's you who grants me that ability, by refusing to understand the reality on the ground.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Project1999:About

Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward.

Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ once again, starting with the original 3 continents and a max level of 60,
with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be.

the autism in this thread is just obnoxious, and that's coming from an Autistic Man LOL

Runnage is the exact type of douche bag i've been describing, this man is completely unable to understand the scope of what P99 is, and the fact that the luclin content and graphics engine are 100% contrary to the mission of this project. Nor any comprehension at all as to the labor effort required to give this man his pussy beastlord.

as previously stated, this type of person simply cannot be helped.

asking for luclin on P99 is like asking for your car to also be a rocket ship.

Trexller
03-29-2024, 03:12 PM
or you could just play Quarm

or TAKP

or Live

or EZ

or any of the dozens of other emus with luclin content

Trexller
03-29-2024, 03:19 PM
and for the coup d'etat hat trick

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

How far will this server "progress"? Will we see all of the expansions?
No, this is specifically a classic server meant to recreate the 1999-2001 era of classic Everquest. This server will never see the Shadows of Luclin expansion, but everything up to the last patch before Luclin will be released.

Anyone else still fail to grasp this very basic concept?

Naethyn
03-29-2024, 03:29 PM
It would make sense to do the first patch in Luclin that completed all of the velious quests as custom content here.

Runnage
03-29-2024, 05:42 PM
Yeah I do, but it's you who grants me that ability, by refusing to understand the reality on the ground.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Project1999:About

the autism in this thread is just obnoxious, and that's coming from an Autistic Man LOL

Runnage is the exact type of douche bag i've been describing, this man is completely unable to understand the scope of what P99 is, and the fact that the luclin content and graphics engine are 100% contrary to the mission of this project. Nor any comprehension at all as to the labor effort required to give this man his pussy beastlord.

as previously stated, this type of person simply cannot be helped.

asking for luclin on P99 is like asking for your car to also be a rocket ship.

You're such a fuckin whiny bitch. Talk about being a DB. Go cry some more you giant fuckin baby.

Trexller
03-29-2024, 06:11 PM
You're such a fuckin whiny bitch. Talk about being a DB. Go cry some more you giant fuckin baby.

Lol 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆

And that gentlemen & gentlemen, is the farthest limit of this guy's wits

Solist
03-29-2024, 06:49 PM
No need to add Luclin.

Just change the meta to something healthy.

Fumoo112
03-29-2024, 07:48 PM
making custom content would be harder than adding Lucin LOl

Duik
03-29-2024, 08:04 PM

The facts! They hurt our eyes!
It buuurns.

magnetaress
03-30-2024, 09:36 AM
Quarm will have legit luclin in a few years.

It's literally 1:600 casts per skillup past 170 skill and int/wis seems to not really help. It's fricken insane.

Honestly live is literally the best place to play if you want to solo or box and don't have the insane amount of time to invest.

putrid_plum
03-30-2024, 10:34 AM
I'd love Luclin but I know it wont happen on P99, a merge and reset of the green server would be ok but that probably wont happen either.

I wont lie, my favorite response it "IT'S NOT CLASSIC" when P99 isn't classic so that is probably the dumbest thing anyone can say as a defense to not add Luclin.

Trexller
03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
I wont lie, my favorite response it "IT'S NOT CLASSIC" when P99 isn't classic so that is probably the dumbest thing anyone can say as a defense to not add Luclin.

you people must have no idea what effort is required to produce functional software

like when an icon on your desktop or app on your phone shows up, you all must really believe there are some coding fairies that magically make software work and run smoothly

does thousands of man-hours and dollars from a volunteer staff who has less than zero interest in luclin pass muster with you

less than zero interest

does toyota have any interest in building a car that is also an interplanetary vehicle?

but keep trying to order a big mac from wendys, im sure that wendy's just never realized 2 beef patties and russian dressing were possible until you piped in.

they never imagined it

you're a world changer

Swish
03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
I'd love Luclin but I know it wont happen on P99, a merge and reset of the green server would be ok but that probably wont happen either.

https://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif

Pulgasari
03-30-2024, 08:15 PM
wtb sorrowsong boots

What was the thorn mail item from Grieg's? A bp or belt with DS I mean.

Duik
03-30-2024, 08:28 PM
You guys would get luclin expansion and be happy for 3 minutes then complain that vendor B in <somezone> didnt have muffins.

Trexller
03-30-2024, 10:39 PM
You guys would get luclin expansion and be happy for 3 minutes then complain that vendor B in <somezone> didnt have muffins.

This, 110%

These people genuinely don't know what's good for them.

The real scary part is we let them drive cars, hold bank accounts and vote

Runnage
03-31-2024, 04:38 AM
you people must have no idea what effort is required to produce functional software

like when an icon on your desktop or app on your phone shows up, you all must really believe there are some coding fairies that magically make software work and run smoothly

does thousands of man-hours and dollars from a volunteer staff who has less than zero interest in luclin pass muster with you

less than zero interest

does toyota have any interest in building a car that is also an interplanetary vehicle?

but keep trying to order a big mac from wendys, im sure that wendy's just never realized 2 beef patties and russian dressing were possible until you piped in.

they never imagined it

you're a world changer

Bro you have no idea what you're talking about. It's fuckin 2024 man, coding isn't what you think it is, even for this game. Stop being a cry baby boomer.

Swish
03-31-2024, 04:40 AM
It's not hard, go to TAKP and level a cat beastlord.

chillybob
03-31-2024, 05:27 AM
It's not hard, go to TAKP and level a cat beastlord.

magnetaress
03-31-2024, 10:42 AM
Bro you have no idea what you're talking about. It's fuckin 2024 man, coding isn't what you think it is, even for this game. Stop being a cry baby boomer.

chatgpt can code now we are like 5 minutes away from chatgpt being able to produce a game of eq's calibre and art style... lol

Ciderpress
03-31-2024, 11:15 AM
Bro chatgpt coding is this easy:

dear chatgpt: please make the thing that I want

Presto change: you got it.

magnetaress
03-31-2024, 11:21 AM
all u need is 1 human to tweak spell dmg and spawn timers and stuff and one or two humans to fix the crappy mistakes it makes in texturing lawl

cotterpin
03-31-2024, 03:46 PM
Even the people who have the sweatiest most exclusive pixels here aren't calling for luclin. Most of us play here specifically because luclin was dogshit.

Luclin was a fantastic expansion with an unfortunately boring final raid zone but everything else about it was great. PoP was even better.

Only the extremely vocal minority feel differently.

Evia
03-31-2024, 04:17 PM
Really? I'd say the vocal minority are these luclin/pop people that make the same thread about it 3x a year.

arvidez
04-01-2024, 08:52 AM
Luclin was a fantastic expansion with an unfortunately boring final raid zone but everything else about it was great. PoP was even better.

Only the extremely vocal minority feel differently.

the minority being the creators. i'ii give you 0% chance for luclin and 90% coming across as entitled man-baby.

cotterpin
04-01-2024, 10:09 AM
Really? I'd say the vocal minority are these luclin/pop people that make the same thread about it 3x a year.

there have been countless polls posted to the forums and the people wanting luclin and/or pop dwarf the people bitching about it by orders of magnitude

Toxigen
04-01-2024, 10:12 AM
the minority being the creators. i'ii give you 0% chance for luclin and 90% coming across as entitled man-baby.

as someone who identifies as a baby, this is offensive

Evia
04-01-2024, 10:55 AM
there have been countless polls posted to the forums and the people wanting luclin and/or pop dwarf the people bitching about it by orders of magnitude

People might want it, but that doesn't mean you get it

This project was built to be exact the opposite. Like someone else posted, you don't go to Wendy's and demand a Big Mac and then get pissed off and cry that they won't make it happen.

Toxigen
04-01-2024, 12:36 PM
People might want it, but that doesn't mean you get it

This project was built to be exact the opposite. Like someone else posted, you don't go to Wendy's and demand a Big Mac and then get pissed off and cry that they won't make it happen.

Sir, this is a 1999 elf sim.

magnetaress
04-01-2024, 01:44 PM
It's already gonna happen elsewhere and I think Rogean is retired from the P99 scene. Nilbog can submit all his DB edits elsewhere when he's done.

Trexller
04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
https://assets.altarofgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/barbarian-race-everquest-races.jpg
https://assets.altarofgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/troll-race-everquest-races.jpg
https://www.giantbomb.com/a/uploads/scale_medium/0/1992/965952-race_iksar_luclin.jpg
https://zam.zamimg.com/images/b/8/b893cf2ec955ddff418e3f9df33373d4.jpg

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-01-2024, 03:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/s2ZcU8W.jpg

Release at Velious. Implement hunter-killer npc's that randomly will hunt you in whatever zone you are in, once you ding lvl 60. They kill you are kicked to blue.

magnetaress
04-01-2024, 03:56 PM
https://assets.altarofgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/barbarian-race-everquest-races.jpg
https://assets.altarofgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/troll-race-everquest-races.jpg
https://www.giantbomb.com/a/uploads/scale_medium/0/1992/965952-race_iksar_luclin.jpg
https://zam.zamimg.com/images/b/8/b893cf2ec955ddff418e3f9df33373d4.jpg

If they are optional its nbd. I think u can mount now even with horses and elementals turned off.

Duik
04-01-2024, 04:18 PM
I like how da man Iksar has like a bra lookin fing on while the chick has tits out tuesday.

Trexller
04-01-2024, 04:56 PM
Lol they made the trolls anorexic skinny

magnetaress
04-01-2024, 05:01 PM
Lol they made the trolls anorexic skinny

Trolls are always hungry duh.

Both EQ versions of trolls are epic tho. Can't wait to see M&Ms trolls. Can't look for them right now butt will later.

Pulgasari
04-01-2024, 10:25 PM
I like how da man Iksar has like a bra lookin fing on while the chick has tits out tuesday.

No nipples anywhere.

magnetaress
04-01-2024, 10:44 PM
No nipples anywhere.

They probably just secret ooze from their pits. Don't know of any lizards irl that do that. butt its a proto-mammalian thing.

Pulgasari
04-02-2024, 01:13 AM
They probably just secret ooze from their pits. Don't know of any lizards irl that do that. butt its a proto-mammalian thing.

I think snakes give milk from their bellies without any external...I want to call them appendages.

Is it offensive to women if I call them appendages? :o

magnetaress
04-02-2024, 01:36 AM
I think snakes give milk from their bellies without any external...I want to call them appendages.

No it's inclusive now.

Trexller
04-02-2024, 01:37 AM

no it shouldn't be unless someone decides they aren't outraged enough for the day

The mammary gland is an epidermal appendage

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3706056/

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-02-2024, 09:44 AM
Why do men find boobs sexually attractive?

wuanahto
04-02-2024, 10:09 AM
i dont know why the fuck people want shadows of luclin
extreme hp pools
insane ac levels
constant grinding for aas
the start of the end of porting for cash
bane weapons
and i hated how there were no new pets for nec/mag

Toxigen
04-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Why do men find boobs sexually attractive?

because they're awesome

Trexller
04-02-2024, 03:35 PM
because they're awesome

yep

IYKYK

cd288
04-02-2024, 03:57 PM
Well its been 10 years of velious, if you do not adapt and change with the times, the times pass you by. Yes, p99 gets about 1k players on avg between the two servers. But the new people coming in, which isnt many trying to level is near impossible unless you make a solo class. Healers and CC are non exsistant at lower levels which makes content hard. Just because you guys are 60 with all your raiding gear does not make you right. Its not just about you , i look at it as a new player. Even in a Live eq with the TLPs, it gets stale. So much good content not experinced by the good people of Norrath. Bazaar is trash. I agree, hate it, it ruined the market but there are so many good zones and much more content that is good inside Luclin and PoP.

Your mistake is assuming that the intent of the server is to "survive" or "adapt and change with the times". That's not the intent of this server at all. The intent is quite literally to just portray the classic era through Velious. For instance, Nilbog has never cared if 10 player play P99 or 1,000...he cares about making a museum as close to classic as he can.

Also, the issue with population currently isn't because more expansions are needed. The issue is that we have two top heavy servers at the end of the classic era timeline and they haven't been merged. Merge them and the issues you're talking about are drastically reduced.

Evia
04-02-2024, 04:55 PM
Your mistake is assuming that the intent of the server is to "survive" or "adapt and change with the times". That's not the intent of this server at all. The intent is quite literally to just portray the classic era through Velious. For instance, Nilbog has never cared if 10 player play P99 or 1,000...he cares about making a museum as close to classic as he can.

Evia
04-02-2024, 04:59 PM
Its not just about you

I'd suggest taking your own advice on this one

cotterpin
04-02-2024, 10:02 PM
The intent is quite literally to just portray the classic era through Velious.

If that's the intent of the server then it has failed. Horribly. P99 is nothing more than another custom server existing in a sea of other custom servers.

Duik
04-02-2024, 10:29 PM
If that's the intent of the server then it has failed. Horribly. P99 is nothing more than another custom server existing in a sea of other custom servers.

Yet here you are. Placing suggestion boxes in a place nobody asked for one.

Trexller
04-02-2024, 10:32 PM
yeah honestly folks

what do these pro-luclin dipshits expect to achieve here?

They think Nilbog is sitting at his PC watching the forums for the fever pitch of luclin desire then he's just gonna hit a toggle switch and spawn pussy beastlords?

these people are simply helpless

there are dozens of other servers with luclin content but in their feeble minds, IT HAS TO BE ON P99 OR ELSE

cotterpin
04-03-2024, 01:12 AM
yeah honestly folks

what do these pro-luclin dipshits expect to achieve here?

They think Nilbog is sitting at his PC watching the forums for the fever pitch of luclin desire then he's just gonna hit a toggle switch and spawn pussy beastlords?

these people are simply helpless

there are dozens of other servers with luclin content but in their feeble minds, IT HAS TO BE ON P99 OR ELSE

Or maybe we're just shit posting like everyone else and getting off on how very easily we can rustle your jimmies.

Duik
04-03-2024, 03:02 AM
Example Shit post: Waa waa waa, we want Luclin on a server explicitly slated to only ever release upto Velious.

Non Shit post: Stop crying you whiney babies and play elsewhere or enjoy the free to play emulated version of a game released 25 years ago. The chap who enables us to play here has set aside many hours of his time to relive his dream (as he sees it). Also shared it with the community.

You see the difference here dont you?

If not, see below.
Go research ALL the potential lootdrops that happened/changed when Luclin released. AC att MR pet damage character and mob model changes.
Make sure you get it correct or whiney babies will fill your forum with whiney baby noises.

cd288
04-03-2024, 09:43 AM

I don't really think so. There's definitely some non-classic stuff on here but I think the vast majority of it is do to players using it as exploits or ways to cheese through raiding encounters etc. so it had to be changed (which, funnily enough, is an approach devs took in classic as well - so technically it's keeping in the spirit of old school EQ).

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 10:37 AM
to much shit is unclassic here,

channeling
charm
stamina
resists

custom edits to appease raiders
rooted dragons
bowquest

Pras nilbog for the work he dun, the community needs more ppl like him but this other stuff would need be fixed before I came back here for life

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 10:38 AM
to much shit is unclassic here,

channeling
charm
stamina
resists

custom edits to appease raiders
rooted dragons
bowquest

Pras nilbog for the work he dun, the community needs more ppl like him but this other stuff would need be fixed before I came back here for life

And potentially a new pvp server, that starts in luclin without progression

legacy items are permanently in but all no drop and not tradeable and in their nerfed states

Castle2.0
04-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Or maybe we're just shit posting like everyone else and getting off on how very easily we can rustle your jimmies.

Join the club, cotterpin ;)

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 12:46 PM
Join the club, cotterpin ;)

Cotterpin is the one u don't got on ignore? LOL

Toxigen
04-03-2024, 01:04 PM
i'ii give you 0% chance for luclin and 90% coming across as entitled man-baby.

https://i.imgur.com/FFUEePt.jpeg

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 01:32 PM
Jesus dude. No one wants to see that shit.

Toxigen
04-03-2024, 03:25 PM
Are you saying my identity as a man-baby is bad, you bigot?

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Yes. Jesus.

Toxigen
04-03-2024, 03:44 PM
So what about my comrades who dress up in fur suits? Whats the difference?

Duik
04-03-2024, 04:01 PM
Lolocaust im on Burntout lightstones ignore list.

Panties pulled waaaay to tight. Classic Duik.

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 04:02 PM
I'm offended and grossed out that is all I wish you to know.

What you and your friends do with that information from here on out is upto you.

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 04:05 PM
Lolocaust im on Burntout lightstones ignore list.

Panties pulled waaaay to tight. Classic Duik.

I think everyone is. The man plays on both p99 and quarm like it's a full time job and is terrified of anything that may devalue his fake pixel empires.

Full on total delusion so he projects and goes after anyone with an ounce of independence and originality from his warped fantasy about manastones and gnoll scrolls.

Trexller
04-03-2024, 04:06 PM
Are you saying my identity as a man-baby is bad, you bigot?

yep. oh yeah. 100% discriminating here. we're celebrating bigotry up in this bitch.

man-babies aren't full humans and don't deserve human rights, we're gonna need to tattoo them with serial numbers, bar codes and QR codes for our advertising partners.

after a full census is taken, and we've convinced family members to rat on each other, then we're going to need to place all the man-babies together in 1 area for re-education and/or "cleansing"

"concentration playpens" if you will

at which point the man-babies will receive rigorous instruction in what The State expects of it's men. They will be trained in combat, carpentry, auto mechanics, how to properly consume whiskey and beat their wives. (wives will be provided from the "Karen Camps")

Furries will be treated similarly, although we believe they may require additional rendition.

The party has not reached a consensus on these matters, I can see all forms of cosplayers quickly becoming untermenschen.

This sort of expression is wildly inconsistent with the ideals, morals and social cohesion required by the Democratic People's Nazi-Marxist Republic of Stfuistan

Pulgasari
04-03-2024, 05:30 PM
Probably spreading that is the opposite of what you want.

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 05:31 PM
Probably spreading that is the opposite of what you want.

Duik
04-03-2024, 06:09 PM
Looks like Trex trying to assume his final forum form, much like Unsung did.

khysanth
04-03-2024, 06:14 PM
Unhinged gonna unhinge.

Also - that screenshot with all the banned posters might be the most beta thing I have ever seen.

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 06:23 PM
Wonder why they are feelin so uppity today?

cotterpin
04-03-2024, 06:46 PM
There's definitely some non-classic stuff on here...

LOL, some, LOLOLOLOL.

but I think the vast majority of it is do to players using it as exploits or ways to cheese through raiding encounters etc. so it had to be changed

Welcome to Everquest. Players cheesing their way through content is classic as fuck. Trying to play whack a mole with all the different ways players come up with to play the game is a recipe for failure as we've already clearly seen.

The server would be a much better place if Nilbog would focus on making an accurate sandbox and let the players play the game.

magnetaress
04-03-2024, 09:26 PM
fragglerock was a gr8 shoe ngl my peepz

Trexller
04-04-2024, 01:07 AM
Welcome to Everquest. Players cheesing their way through content is classic as fuck. Trying to play whack a mole with all the different ways players come up with to play the game is a recipe for failure as we've already clearly seen.

The server would be a much better place if Nilbog would focus on making an accurate sandbox and let the players play the game.

There wouldn't be a server if P99 was a copy/paste of the day the last velious patch hit.

it would be like ~30 sweaty neckbeards exploiting the fuck out of everything for 16 hours a day.

that's it. it's just the status quo of P99 you know of, x100

these people would create a prohibitive experience to anyone less than a hardcore gamer.

live never had to deal with half of these problems that P99 does, more often than not new content was around the corner and players were off on the new thing. Yeah there were problems, and live had a paid staff who would deal with it.

the reason we can't click midnight mallets or quad-nuke rods anymore isn't that Nilbog makes aribtrary changes.

It's you. You're the reason.

Toxigen
04-04-2024, 08:13 AM
bring back no CSR VP

cd288
04-04-2024, 09:40 AM
LOL, some, LOLOLOLOL.

Sounds like someone just likes EZ mode EQ and doesn't like things that make the game harder for them. Guess we should call the waaambulance

Ciderpress
04-04-2024, 01:08 PM
This server is so UNCLASSIC. Why? Because it's not a fully-functioning time machine set to the year 1999. Not only that, they sometimes, like, make changes in response to emergent behavior that didn't exist, or existed very minimally, in 1999.

I mean can you BELIEVE gall of this team of jerks?

cotterpin
04-04-2024, 01:11 PM
Sounds like someone just likes EZ mode EQ and doesn't like things that make the game harder for them. Guess we should call the waaambulance

Wait I thought we were supposed to want one to one classic. Isn't that what the server was founded on? Exact classic? So you don't want to play the game as it was exactly in the classic era? You do realize things get easier as you play them more and spend more time understanding the game. We've experienced 25 years of this game and the knowledge to go with it. As much as all the devs and classic apologists would like you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. It's impossible to give people a "classic experience" after 25 years.

Ciderpress
04-04-2024, 01:24 PM
Wait I thought we were supposed to want one to one classic. Isn't that what the server was founded on? Exact classic? So you don't want to play the game as it was exactly in the classic era? You do realize things get easier as you play them more and spend more time understanding the game. We've experienced 25 years of this game and the knowledge to go with it. As much as all the devs and classic apologists would like you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. It's impossible to give people a "classic experience" after 25 years.

Yet you call the server "another custom server in a sea of custom servers", as if you don't understand they're clearly trying to make it as classic as they can. It's not like it's some kinda spawn your own gear and go jerk off with a party of mercs in ldon zones type server or something. It's pretty damn close to what most people remember, roughly, from that period in the game's history. Not to mention there are genuine new players who find the server sometimes and probably wouldn't wanna play if the pop was only the size of one guild, which is what would happen without any dev intervention ever. I think they struck about the best balance you can.

cotterpin
04-04-2024, 01:36 PM
It's pretty damn close to what most people remember, roughly, from that period in the game's history.

No. It's an attempt to force one dev's "vision" and if they don't like a thing, regardless if people were doing that thing in era or not, fuck off, kick rocks, out it goes. People had wildly unique experiences across different servers in classic. Just start a conversation in any of the guild discords about peoples experience in classic and it's easy to see. Trying to force one person's "vision" of classic as the experience that everyone is required to have is beyond stupid.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium

booter
04-04-2024, 02:42 PM
make your own server if you want to be in charge of the "vision"

cd288
04-04-2024, 03:18 PM
No. It's an attempt to force one dev's "vision" and if they don't like a thing, regardless if people were doing that thing in era or not, fuck off, kick rocks, out it goes. People had wildly unique experiences across different servers in classic. Just start a conversation in any of the guild discords about peoples experience in classic and it's easy to see. Trying to force one person's "vision" of classic as the experience that everyone is required to have is beyond stupid.

1. You are wayyyy to upset about not being able to cheese your way through things on an emulated server for a 25 year old MMO.

2. No one is "required" to have the experience that you have here. This isn't the only EQ emulator out there. There are plenty of others. Nor do you have to pay money to play this one or any of the others. If you don't like someone's "vision" who runs a specific server, then don't play on that server. You can go play on another one where you won't be getting your panties in a twist so much! Good news!

Trexller
04-04-2024, 03:22 PM

Duik
04-04-2024, 05:39 PM

They made me do it.
They make me play. I
t's like a conspiracy.
Like I mean some dude makes a sandbox, invites anyone to play in it with him and (all I have to do is) play nice, accept some arbitrary decisions based on the devs abilities (that he donates), technical limitations, legal limitations and the fact it is not a time machine and a big part of the game is never coming back. Wonder. Discovery.

Whiney poopsocking cheaty crybabies are gonna (knowingly or unknowingly) push the boundries with known and newly discovered exploits.

A cat shits in your kids fancy clamshell sandpit you clean that up right? Maybe put a cover on it? Now it doesnt look like a clamshell any longer and the 3yr old complains. Daddy comes out, pulls that plywood cover off and the smiles return.

In this scenario, you could be the 3yr old or continue to be the whiney crybaby. Or drop a cat shit in that pit and get a (non standard) lid put on it.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-04-2024, 05:56 PM

Can't you mine some kind of crypto currency, and they built a game around it and so you use kids? Fisher Price did something like this in Belgium. They used it in their pre-school system and it pays for the teachers' salaries.

Back when we were kids we would hang a little play toy over my baby brother's crib and get him to play with it. This would turn a small magneto that then rocked the crib gently.

But then mom and dad would get drunk and fight :(

Ciderpress
04-04-2024, 09:12 PM
I mean seriously what other vanilla-velious emu is there? I'm sure there's some box with like 20 people on it who use some weird way newer client. PQ has pre-kunark fungis and it goes way past luclin so that doesn't count either. If anyone has a better p99 model let's see it

Pulgasari
04-04-2024, 09:51 PM
I mean seriously what other vanilla-velious emu is there? I'm sure there's some box with like 20 people on it who use some weird way newer client. PQ has pre-kunark fungis and it goes way past luclin so that doesn't count either. If anyone has a better p99 model let's see it

I like to choose the dog in Monopoly.

Comrade Teddy would not approve, of course.

Pulgasari
04-04-2024, 09:54 PM

Does the popularity of one service ever serve to strangle any competition in the cradle?

I feel like this is something I forgot from decades ago.

🧙💤

Wakanda
04-05-2024, 01:25 AM
I used to think this was a good idea and then I actually experienced Luclin on Mischief TLP for the first time in years and realized how... it basically fundamentally kills 95% of the game. It didn't feel this way back in the day. I didn't even start getting my Velious gear from NToV until well AFTER Luclin came out... this was somewhat normal on my server. Luclin and most expansions just felt like extra content when they were originally released. Now that players know how to digest the same content super quickly, Luclin feels like it just fundamentally alters EQ in a bad way.

Trexller
04-05-2024, 01:53 AM
https://www.giantbomb.com/a/uploads/original/0/1992/965953-race_ogre_luclin.jpg

Jimjam
04-05-2024, 04:20 AM

Vision^TM is classic. Before it was Brad. He’s gone. We have a new person now. Nethertheless top down enforcement of vision is classic and persists. Praz Brad. Praz Nibgean.

Jimjam
04-05-2024, 04:25 AM
Does the popularity of one service ever serve to strangle any competition in the cradle?

I feel like this is something I forgot from decades ago.

🧙💤

Didn’t stop Quarm. Nor the many servers which have sprung up and been popular with the pvp community.

As long as you have a good vision, communicate it well, and people have like 85% trust you can pull it off for more than a couple months you can succeed.

Good luck!!

magnetaress
04-05-2024, 11:40 AM
Quarm has manarocks and pinkicite. Thats a good enough reason for me :p

Pulgasari
04-05-2024, 06:32 PM
Didn’t stop Quarm. Nor the many servers which have sprung up and been popular with the pvp community.

As long as you have a good vision, communicate it well, and people have like 85% trust you can pull it off for more than a couple months you can succeed.

Good luck!!

Is that a legit server?

spoil
04-05-2024, 07:23 PM
I can't believe Quarm isn't going to be shut down. Like at least half the players there would migrate to the new TLP if it got the axe. Direct competitor to live progression servers, nothing like p99.

Pulgasari
04-05-2024, 08:01 PM
I can't believe Quarm isn't going to be shut down. Like at least half the players there would migrate to the new TLP if it got the axe. Direct competitor to live progression servers, nothing like p99.

Aw fudge. And she just secured the sinecure.

bhughes
04-06-2024, 06:19 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned p2002 aka wayfarer's haven. Those guys went from PoP to several expansions later in a couple years. Yes, it's a 3 box server, so grab a copy of it, if Trust would let you, and make a single box only version. I haven't played on it in a couple years but the GMs were fun, participated, and enforced their rules. I did encounter pathing issues in Unrest, no surprise there LOL.

Ciderpress
04-09-2024, 06:57 PM

Yes, you kinda answered your own grievance here. In classic, when there were like 25 servers that all had populations over 1500, there were many emergent ways that different people played the game, resulting in legitimately different cultures on each server. Here, the scope is much much smaller than that, so how exactly should they "emulate" the things *you* remember that nobody else does? Or remembers differently?

They could tune the server exactly to *your* liking and there'd still be a million dickheads saying it's all wrong. See the issue?

Swish
04-10-2024, 02:54 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned p2002 aka wayfarer's haven

It was a poor TAKP clone with a low pop at the time it was first promoted here. Did they ever find a dev that could do everything? If that wasnt bad enough it housed an old ex-staff member from here who got removed, got mad (is still mad about it in the Quarm discord), and doxxed some of the P99 staff and players.

2/3/4/more boxing is the feature to keep a lot of classic EQ enjoyers away.

Jimjam
04-10-2024, 03:31 AM
2/3/4/more boxing is the feature to keep a lot of classic EQ enjoyers away.

I bet those boxers get some pretty serious RPing and socialisation done if only we could see what was said in /g, and that is what eq is really about.

Mugi
04-10-2024, 09:48 PM
Sorry for this man, but...

Luclin models are the worst thing ever made if we are talking aesthetics.

No one needed the yassified player models we got there.

I am game for all revamps, as long as we keep the old models.

magnetaress
04-11-2024, 09:12 AM

why do you care if someone else uses a different model then u? you won't even see it

cd288
04-11-2024, 12:07 PM

I don't mind a couple of their models but yeah some of them are just terrible

WarpathEQ
04-11-2024, 12:12 PM

I remember being excited about them in real time when they were dropped back then because it was cutting edge graphics but I agree that the original models held up better over the test of time.

enjchanter
04-11-2024, 01:04 PM
I bet those boxers get some pretty serious RPing and socialisation done if only we could see what was said in /g, and that is what eq is really about.

talking to other players is highly overrated imo

magnetaress
04-11-2024, 03:44 PM
^ an NPC

busted
04-12-2024, 03:12 PM
I support the release of Luclin.

Just disable the bazaar merchants and the nexus portal npcs and you will retain the communal aspect of the server.

Duik
04-12-2024, 11:34 PM
I support the release of Luclin.

Just disable the bazaar merchants and the nexus portal npcs and you will retain the communal aspect of the server.

Quaarm. Takp. Live TLP's, make ya own server .

Take ya pick.
Dont fuck it for everyone else. Or wish for SOMETHINGTHAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN here.
Sorry, but you needed to hear it.

Duik
04-13-2024, 05:03 AM
Quarm disappeared from eqemulator server lists.
Comments?

Duik
04-13-2024, 05:09 AM
Damn it.

magnetaress
04-13-2024, 08:01 AM
Damn it.

is it back? it reboots in the morning on wed most times

Duik
04-13-2024, 08:53 AM
I must have just caught it when it was rebooting.

magnetaress
04-13-2024, 09:02 AM
Just whatever u do don't break any rule 5's or 5.1's or 5.2s or 5.anythings over there never discuss anything political at all or post anything political and if someone else does just back away slowly don't respond don't try to calm the situation down. Or advocate for some reason. Or try to be nice. Or share ur point of view.

Jimjam
04-13-2024, 11:00 AM
Just whatever u do don't break any rule 5's or 5.1's or 5.2s or 5.anythings over there never discuss anything political at all or post anything political and if someone else does just back away slowly don't respond don't try to calm the situation down. Or advocate for some reason. Or try to be nice. Or share ur point of view.

Don't abbreviate Bone Bladed Claymore in a thread about getting a Bone Bladed Claymore.

Neno
04-13-2024, 11:07 AM
Don't abbreviate Bone Bladed Claymore in a thread about getting a Bone Bladed Claymore.

I gave my BBC to some twink last night.

Jimjam
04-13-2024, 11:15 AM
I gave my BBC to some twink last night.

That is very kind of you! They'll be a really powerful twink with your BBC to back them up!

busted
04-13-2024, 12:54 PM
Quaarm. Takp. Live TLP's, make ya own server .

Take ya pick.
Dont fuck it for everyone else. Or wish for SOMETHINGTHAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN here.
Sorry, but you needed to hear it.

Which beastlord hurt you?

Luclin was great and AAs are awesome. Get with the program buckaroonie

Duik
04-13-2024, 07:53 PM
I disnt say i didnt like Luclin. I just like a seperation of concerns.
Classic is classic, Luclin is not.

MNK/SHM hybrid with mage powered proccing pets. How non unbalancing.

cotterpin
04-13-2024, 08:12 PM
I disnt say i didnt like Luclin. I just like a seperation of concerns.
Classic is classic, Luclin is not.

MNK/SHM hybrid with mage powered proccing pets. How non unbalancing.

Ahh yes because EQ classes are so balanced. Thankfully Rog/Bog don't really care about what is or isn't classic.

Duik
04-13-2024, 09:07 PM
Stranger on the interwebs: Hey dudes, i got a great old-fashioned sandpit, ive made a few changes cause its mine and i wanted too. I like what I have made but I needed to make some technical and social concessions. Come and join me.
All my mom said is ya cant shit in it. Have fun!

Another stranger on the interwebs: You are doing this all wrong. Change stuff because I like different stuff, and you will become even morw popular an relevant!

1st guy: Nope.

magnetaress
04-13-2024, 10:00 PM
Honestly I think i'mma give Agnarr another go. Daybreak deserves some luv.

Secrets
04-16-2024, 12:24 AM

ok, what now?

Secrets
04-16-2024, 12:28 AM

Darkpaw's team deserves all the love they can get. They're fantastic.
Definitely try the 25th TLP out. I'll be playing on it.

Insomnia
04-16-2024, 01:52 PM

Agnarr was my dream server, but everyone says its dead in the water population-wise. I dont know exact numbers but some people guessed only around 300 active people and the low-mid level game is dead so youll be soloing to 60

magnetaress
04-16-2024, 02:43 PM
Honestly love all of the QoL and don't mind soloing. So I'll probably focus there until Tormax for an alt. Then alternate between the two.

Quarm is great. Amazing community. Don't have the time to grind skills and find groups anyway. I play for nostalgia. And one day I want to do some expansions past GoD.

Detoxx
04-16-2024, 11:18 PM
Make P99 Classic instead of Luclin.

Ekco
04-19-2024, 12:30 AM
Make P99 Classic instead of Luclin.

he is risen...

you should make another guild.

Mugi
04-19-2024, 06:53 PM
I started playing this game late and was caught between the latest months of Velious before Luclin, so things went from bad to very easy in some ways, because I could evolve my character faster, even without gear, through AAs.

I didn't hate Luclin too much, because it opened up a lot of opportunities, but it also had some real issues for me, such as:

1) New player models looked so terrible, I considered quitting until I found out you could toggle them off.

2) The theme jumping into a blend of sci-fi and fantasy was not ideal. There was more lore to be explored in Norrath. There was no need to move to the moon yet. The themes didn't transition well because of that.

3) New class, new race and so on, while most classes needed to be tweaked before introducing the spaghetti linguini that was beastlord.

Why have a cat brace btw? Was it not enough to have lizards? I guess they went from exotic pet to a normal pet theme here. Not a playable race still.

4) The Bazaar and Spires were good QOL tools. It could be implemented in the existing world just by waving some technicalities and introducing some more evolved humans who can teleport and buy/sell fast through a network.

In the end, Luclin tried to introduce some much needed things, such as AAs, Bazaar and Spires, but made everyone look ugly and created a new race that was not needed, while also introducing a new class when there were many classes that needed to be fixed.

It was a way to keep people subbed, but hell, not the best way to do it.

magnetaress
04-20-2024, 09:29 AM
no one remembers the whole new in game language and all the cool lore from luclin tho

also the short lil pigmies are fun as fuck to kill

Pulgasari
04-20-2024, 10:48 AM
no one remembers the whole new in game language and all the cool lore from luclin tho

also the short lil pigmies are fun as fuck to kill

Tekar Ans Sivuelaeus! (https://www.graffes.com/forums/showthread.php?27005-Akhevan-its-a-language)

magnetaress
04-20-2024, 02:44 PM
Luclin only server when plz

Wakanda
04-21-2024, 08:52 PM
I started playing this game late and was caught between the latest months of Velious before Luclin, so things went from bad to very easy in some ways, because I could evolve my character faster, even without gear, through AAs.

I didn't hate Luclin too much, because it opened up a lot of opportunities, but it also had some real issues for me, such as:

1) New player models looked so terrible, I considered quitting until I found out you could toggle them off.

2) The theme jumping into a blend of sci-fi and fantasy was not ideal. There was more lore to be explored in Norrath. There was no need to move to the moon yet. The themes didn't transition well because of that.

3) New class, new race and so on, while most classes needed to be tweaked before introducing the spaghetti linguini that was beastlord.

Why have a cat brace btw? Was it not enough to have lizards? I guess they went from exotic pet to a normal pet theme here. Not a playable race still.

4) The Bazaar and Spires were good QOL tools. It could be implemented in the existing world just by waving some technicalities and introducing some more evolved humans who can teleport and buy/sell fast through a network.

In the end, Luclin tried to introduce some much needed things, such as AAs, Bazaar and Spires, but made everyone look ugly and created a new race that was not needed, while also introducing a new class when there were many classes that needed to be fixed.

It was a way to keep people subbed, but hell, not the best way to do it.
I feel like people didn't really digest content that fast. I remember questioning why I even bought Velious because for the first year or so it was out, I never even went there :eek: I don't think I started getting Skyshrine gear until a few months AFTER Luclin launched :p I don't think the average player was raiding in Luclin zones when it launched, but I could be wrong or misremembering things.

Also a developer said in an interview that the reason they made Luclin a space expansion is because SOE was also developing Star Wars Galaxies at the time and was inspired by that, but also because the same devs were working on SWG, Luclin ended up being a more low quality expansion in terms of actual content.

I remember when the new models came out, I actually had to upgrade my graphics card. I think I got a Geforce 2 but it's kind of hazy now.