PDA

View Full Version : Does Fishing Suck?

Drueric
03-24-2024, 10:29 PM
So I have this iksar, and I wanted to train up baking. It appears that the best way is to bake fresh fish recipes. Come to realize no one sells fish in cabilis, so I resorted to learning how to fish. My skill is now at 100, the cap I think is 200, so I should now be a somewhat proficient fisherman. Right? Right?

To date at 100 skill, I have caught a grand total of 6 fresh fish, about 30 fish scales, dozens of rusty daggers and soggy shoes... and a few fetid varieties of fish which are useless.

I thought the purpose of fishing was to catch fish. At what point do I reliably start bringing in the loads of fresh fish? Or does the fishing skill just suck for catching fish and is a waste of time...

Kavious
03-24-2024, 11:30 PM
Fishing always sucks, even if its maxed

I can bring you stacks of fresh fish, takes less than a minute with a firepot bound char

Jimjam
03-25-2024, 04:57 AM
There is a lot of not classic when it comes to fishing on p99, sadly.

Castle2.0
03-25-2024, 09:23 AM
Why do you fish?

If you want a particular item, it's likely only fishable in 1 zone.

If you just want to pass the time, it doesn't matter what ya catch ;)

Drueric
03-25-2024, 05:05 PM
Why do you fish?

If you want a particular item, it's likely only fishable in 1 zone.

If you just want to pass the time, it doesn't matter what ya catch ;)

I want to catch fresh fish for baking, but the way it works makes it unreasonable as a source of fresh fish. They should fix that.

Duik
03-25-2024, 05:35 PM
Fastest 0 - 100 fishing?
How fast ya got mr burntout lightstone?

Castle2.0
03-25-2024, 11:53 PM
I want to catch fresh fish for baking, but the way it works makes it unreasonable as a source of fresh fish. They should fix that.

Like a lot of things. Kill mobs for money, then buy it with money.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fresh_Fish

Drueric
03-26-2024, 01:49 AM

Then delete the fishing skill right? I dont think you understand the point of crafting.

Trexller
03-26-2024, 02:25 AM
crafting in eq, especially classic eq, isn't gonna get you anything much more than carpal tunnel

Jimjam
03-26-2024, 06:01 AM
crafting in eq, especially classic eq, isn't gonna get you anything much more than carpal tunnel

Duik
03-26-2024, 06:08 AM

OP specifically mentions Iksar and cabilis

Then he says...
Come to realize no one sells fish in cabilis, so I resorted to learning how to fish.

Reading helps a bit here.
Maybe you could learn in record time!

Tnair
03-26-2024, 08:36 AM

i want to level fletching again but my wrist cant take it again

WarpathEQ
03-26-2024, 09:48 AM
Here's an easy life hack, go to your class guild trainer, train up the skill that you want, stop wasting time manually skilling up

DeathsSilkyMist
03-26-2024, 11:18 AM
Yeah fishing is only really useful in Velious. They added some specific fish needed for end game crafting and the Shawl quest. These fish are only found in specific Velious zones. Otherwise you can't really get anything useful.

I know OP wants basic fresh fish for baking, but it would be better just to go to a different zone where merchants do sell fish. You could make a new character, buy the fish, and drop them on the ground somewhere your iksar can pick it up.

Drueric
03-26-2024, 12:35 PM

You need crafting to complete quests. Or didnt you know that... Also where do you think panther skin armor comes from? Or your velium blue diamond bracelets? Not a very clever reply

WarpathEQ
03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
You need crafting to complete quests. Or didnt you know that... Also where do you think panther skin armor comes from? Or your velium blue diamond bracelets? Not a very clever reply

That's the beauty of modern economies you don't need anything but a dollar. Someone else will do the rest of the work for your money. I have yet to find anything in EQ that is cheaper/easier to obtain than it is to purchase. If it can be bought it should be bought.

Drueric
03-27-2024, 10:08 AM
That's the beauty of modern economies you don't need anything but a dollar. Someone else will do the rest of the work for your money. I have yet to find anything in EQ that is cheaper/easier to obtain than it is to purchase. If it can be bought it should be bought.

If you are not one of the tradeskilll minded type players, then why are you commenting. Clearly this topic has nothing to do with how "you" feel and contributes nothing useful.

Trexller
03-28-2024, 01:00 AM

lol reading comprehension

this guy is gonna be some rich trolling material

let the games begin

Drueric
03-28-2024, 11:52 AM

let the games begin

Thats like... your opinion man.

chillybob
03-28-2024, 04:27 PM
Fastest 0 - 100 fishing?
How fast ya got mr burntout lightstone?

https://media.tenor.com/q_t5-GA1eIkAAAAM/kekw-dow.gif

Vaarsuvius
03-29-2024, 10:02 AM

Shawl #7, Ring #9 require TS

Trexller
04-01-2024, 12:35 AM
Shawl #7, Ring #9 require TS

they also require a repetitive stress injury

this guy is a genius tho

nobody knew about shawl 7 or ring 9

nobody knew!

Vaarsuvius
04-03-2024, 01:12 AM
they also require a repetitive stress injury

this guy is a genius tho

nobody knew about shawl 7 or ring 9

nobody knew!
You have become better at Trolling (1)
Congratulations !

I'm not sure you did, otherwise you would not have made such a blanket statement

PS: if I'm not mistaken you also need a bit of TS for war epic, unless it also sucks ?

WarpathEQ
04-03-2024, 09:38 AM
If you are not one of the tradeskilll minded type players, then why are you commenting. Clearly this topic has nothing to do with how "you" feel and contributes nothing useful.

No worries, have fun spending the next 5 years fishing while crying that nobody helped you.

I think there's a story about you in the bible...something about you drowned after numerous people came to your aid and you turned them away, I hear its a good read.

cd288
04-03-2024, 11:16 AM

let the games begin

I mean, saying it's not gonna get you anything much more than carpal tunnel is just false. You can make bank as a jewelry seller.

Toxigen
04-03-2024, 03:26 PM
if you dont fish irl why would you fish in elf sim?

Pulgasari
04-03-2024, 04:18 PM
Cabilis is an open sewer anyway. You're better off without those 'fresh' 'fish'.

Fetid means poopy btw.

e: to actually be helpful, warsliks and field of bone should have a much smaller fishing table with Fresh Fish possible!

Duik
04-03-2024, 05:01 PM
Crushbone gud for fishing.

On shelf to left of the entrance near the little bridge. Wedge yaself in the corner there.

Not near cabilis though sooo... Maybe while we are there, kill a few thousand orcses and make a friends wiff da elves.

Drueric
04-07-2024, 05:26 AM
Cabilis is an open sewer anyway. You're better off without those 'fresh' 'fish'.

Fetid means poopy btw.

e: to actually be helpful, warsliks and field of bone should have a much smaller fishing table with Fresh Fish possible!

That is a good suggestion. Next time I work on fishing Ill try it.