PDA

View Full Version : rnf sucks rn wtf

Hasbinbad
03-06-2024, 10:49 PM
hi

Trexller
03-06-2024, 10:51 PM
don't make me do it

I cannot be held responsible for the actions that you force me to take.

you've been warned!

:D:D:D

magnetaress
03-06-2024, 10:58 PM
to many ghosts

wuanahto
03-06-2024, 11:16 PM
new forum rules, cant fight like we used to anymore.
blue and green have been slow for months now because of the pop server
most of us are moving onto other games like city of heroes, swg and eqlive and daoc

bet you thought being a museum was exciting until now

Smoofers
03-07-2024, 12:21 AM
hasbinfat

Trexller
03-07-2024, 12:22 AM
most of us are moving onto other games like city of heroes, swg and eqlive and daoc

maybe we were back in 2005

but these days, with literally ZERO good MMO games out there, "The Museums" aren't going anywhere

unfortunately though, as players come and go, we will not notice them coming and going, as they don't come and go at the same times, thus populations stay relatively the same

Naethyn
03-07-2024, 03:25 AM
discord

Toxigen
03-07-2024, 11:56 AM
too many hurty words melting snowflakes

cd288
03-07-2024, 12:00 PM
new forum rules, cant fight like we used to anymore

Aka can't be racist and spew random right wing conspiracy shit. Such terrible rules.

Hasbinbad
03-07-2024, 12:01 PM
muh freedumbs

Hasbinbad
03-07-2024, 12:02 PM
don't make me do it

I cannot be held responsible for the actions that you force me to take.

you've been warned!

:D:D:D

Do it or you don't have a hair on your ass.

roks1
03-07-2024, 04:52 PM
hi

They've firmly fastened all the safety belts, and everyone is safe in their own playpen. With a pocketful of lawyers straight out of Rules Law School, player to player negative interactions that we know and love are safely tucked away on the Wrong Side of History.

Duik
03-07-2024, 05:49 PM
Need to relearn how to rnf.

Dueling with rapiers used to be a thing. Sharp rnf.
Cowboy rnf used to be fastest on the draw, winner winner chicken dinner.

Now ya needa be a bit cleverer. Clearly its a bit beyond us. Nasty arse insults no longer cut it.
It's evolution!

Pulgasari
03-07-2024, 05:53 PM
Aka can't be racist and spew random right wing conspiracy shit. Such terrible rules.

That is not what happened.

booter
03-07-2024, 06:09 PM
That is not what happened.

literally the only new rule is "no politics" which wouldn't even belong in rnf anyway

get better at ranting and flaming or gtfo

Hasbinbad
03-07-2024, 06:42 PM
literally the only new rule is "no politics" which wouldn't even belong in rnf anyway

politics have a long and storied history in rnf

Hasbinbad
03-07-2024, 06:43 PM
belonging *is* at least somewhat determined by tradition, is it not?

Pulgasari
03-07-2024, 06:47 PM

Glad you agree.

BigChief
03-07-2024, 08:25 PM

you sound triggered by that

wuanahto
03-08-2024, 01:35 AM

the thread is about how bad rnf is now tho.

Pulgasari
03-08-2024, 01:56 AM
belonging *is* at least somewhat determined by tradition, is it not?

Life is like a hurricane herein, Glucksberg.

magnetaress
03-08-2024, 02:41 AM
We honestly aren't allowed to be or talk about anything interesting anymore. And it shows not even just on the forums butt it's the attitude irl now too.

Iksar_Knight001
03-08-2024, 04:03 AM
This forum is now certainly better

Iksar_Knight001
03-08-2024, 04:03 AM
Mb meant to type deader

magnetaress
03-08-2024, 04:46 AM
maybe this forum isn't the right place for that kind of thought iksar_knight001

booter
03-08-2024, 01:11 PM
We honestly aren't allowed to be or talk about anything interesting anymore.

this is a pretty insane take for anyone rooted in reality

but i guess when your reality is all day spent on the p99 elf sim forums, things get a little screwy

arvidez
03-08-2024, 01:15 PM
here is a list of things you can say about the things you aren't allowed to talk about...

arvidez
03-08-2024, 01:16 PM

but i guess when your reality is all day spent on the p99 elf sim forums, things get a little screwy

someone's privilege is showing

Pulgasari
03-08-2024, 01:44 PM

Are you ever nice?

Toxigen
03-08-2024, 02:30 PM
FREE GROCER WE NEED THE MEAT SPIN WHEEL

Ciderpress
03-08-2024, 03:34 PM

Lol no.

What happened I think is the left now loses basically every sincere argument because they've become so insane and arrogant and they never learn anything and always double down when their bad ideas fail. But they can't be shown to be fools if the discussion can never take place, see. It's just safer this way. I understand the p99 elf forum isn't exactly the appropriate venue for in depth political debates, but this trend is reflected across pretty much the whole internet with few exceptions.

In seriousness, I think the staff just had a totally valid concern about their deal with daybreak and it's a rule that should probably have always been in place, but if you're gonna post such dumb shit I have to reply to it cause this is rnf and everything.

Pulgasari
03-08-2024, 03:56 PM
Lol no.

What happened I think is the left now loses basically every sincere argument because they've become so insane and arrogant and they never learn anything and always double down when their bad ideas fail. But they can't be shown to be fools if the discussion can never take place, see. It's just safer this way. I understand the p99 elf forum isn't exactly the appropriate venue for in depth political debates, but this trend is reflected across pretty much the whole internet with few exceptions.

In seriousness, I think the staff just had a totally valid concern about their deal with daybreak and it's a rule that should probably have always been in place, but if you're gonna post such dumb shit I have to reply to it cause this is rnf and everything.

My local reddit has a no politics rule too.

How did Darkpaw become so powerful without anyone noticing ?

Gotrex
03-08-2024, 03:58 PM

booter validates his existence by talking shit to others on the same message boards he's been haunting for thirteen years. Of course he doesn't have awareness of how out of touch he is.

You and magnet are part of the same team. You are just as grounded in reality as magnet is.

Look in the mirror.

Sadre Spinegnawer
03-08-2024, 04:39 PM

https://i.imgur.com/gsJGs21.jpg

magnetaress
03-08-2024, 06:17 PM
I can't even talk about the truthfulness of our Supreme elected leader in public cuz everyone is afraid of the civil war movie giving some actress lady the PTSD vapors for performing in it. And this isn't even just the p99 forum for sure. My family is psycho too if you even question their perception of reality.

G-d help us all. If we can't even rant in rants and flames. We should be on every street corner questioning our leaders and how they are even in power.

booter
03-08-2024, 07:11 PM
i have 400 posts in 13 years, they have 10k+ (maybe 20k or 30k w/ other accounts) in 4 years

someone please list me all of the things we are not allowed to discuss here because our freedoms are being taken away. i'm pretty sure it's still just the one thing. get a grip lmao

Elijah850
03-08-2024, 07:19 PM
I see dead servers. Oh, and dead people! *Crowd Gasps*

Pulgasari
03-08-2024, 07:32 PM
i have 400 posts in 13 years, they have 10k+ (maybe 20k or 30k w/ other accounts) in 4 years

someone please list me all of the things we are not allowed to discuss here because our freedoms are being taken away. i'm pretty sure it's still just the one thing. get a grip lmao

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/2741e7_99e569e2c47443d08a035ff1ecfe6191~mv2.gif

Do you know any other songs?

Hasbinbad
03-08-2024, 10:35 PM
Hasbinbad glares at you disappointedly.

this thread objectively sucks now.

i was complaining ABOUT this, not in-league with this.

before you post, please consider opting out.

magnetaress
03-08-2024, 11:34 PM
gNhIH9o_P6s?si=A4oLBitla8ypRJO0

Duik
03-09-2024, 12:51 AM
We used to bash on each other and debase each others political views. I admit that was fun bit there are other ways to have interesting discourse. Maybe we need to change tack, there a yachting metaphor.
Anyone have a yacht? All you affluent bitcoiners surely have disposable cash for a floaty mcboat? What knots do we use (and travel at)?
My yacht is betterer than yours. You yacht catches wind like the popes sieve.
A worthy rnf if ever there was one. Eye matey.
Keel haul the scurvy knave.
I'll take my pay in pieces of eight!

wuanahto
03-09-2024, 12:59 AM
ill probably get banned for this but im replaying h*rry p*tter and the sorcerers stone for the ps1 and fuck the troll chase scene. ron took the fuck off like 5 seconds in but i keep dying trying to pick up jellybeans

Trexller
03-09-2024, 01:30 AM
why did you censor harry potter?

arvidez
03-09-2024, 12:57 PM

the stack of emails you sent to harass the staff might be a place to put this list together.

Gotrex
03-09-2024, 01:39 PM

You found a home here. For thirteen years you keep coming back.

Magnet found a home here. Always posting about whatever magnet wants to post about. Except now magnet doesn't feel the same about posting whatever they used to post.

You are just like magnet. You aren't better than magnet. You're on the same team.

Sadre Spinegnawer
03-09-2024, 01:42 PM
We used to bash on each other and debase each others political views. I admit that was fun bit there are other ways to have interesting discourse. Maybe we need to change tack, there a yachting metaphor.
Anyone have a yacht? All you affluent bitcoiners surely have disposable cash for a floaty mcboat? What knots do we use (and travel at)?
My yacht is betterer than yours. You yacht catches wind like the popes sieve.
A worthy rnf if ever there was one. Eye matey.
Keel haul the scurvy knave.
I'll take my pay in pieces of eight!

Enjoy your ban
https://i.imgur.com/ybjbchr.jpeg

Hasbinbad
03-09-2024, 01:57 PM
well at least there is some novel meme culture

Pulgasari
03-09-2024, 11:54 PM
Cluster B booter wants to bask in the heat of your shame

Bboboo
03-10-2024, 03:10 PM
it do be like that

Castle2.0
03-10-2024, 09:16 PM
Can't even explain why things are the way they are. That's when you know it's a garbage fire.

Duik
03-11-2024, 06:38 AM
Kindling just called, it wants its reputation back.

cd288
03-11-2024, 11:18 AM
Lol no.

"I have been banned on multiple other accounts yet I'm still here whining"

Arvan
03-11-2024, 11:28 AM
They've firmly fastened all the safety belts, and everyone is safe in their own playpen. With a pocketful of lawyers straight out of Rules Law School, player to player negative interactions that we know and love are safely tucked away on the Wrong Side of History.

mad bad sad

magnetaress
03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
I'm a woman you shitlord.

arvidez
03-11-2024, 01:44 PM
"The appeal of these forums is limited because I, as a grown ass man, cannot sling childish insults at people and generally behave like a hormonal 13 year old kid in my treatment of others. And I've made a new account to replace my banned one in order to come here and whine about it."

I hope you aren't a parent in real life.....

read your last two comments then look up projection then misunderstand it then business as usual

Ciderpress
03-11-2024, 01:54 PM
"I have been banned on multiple other accounts yet I'm still here whining"

I have not been banned on multiple other accounts. Also I get the feeling you were the teacher's pet in elementary school, or maybe like that bad camp counselor guy in the movie Heavyweights who shows Ben Stiller where all the fat kids' secret candy stash is.

Toxigen
03-11-2024, 02:16 PM

pras

Gotrex
03-11-2024, 03:07 PM
"The appeal of these forums is limited because I, as a grown ass man, cannot sling childish insults at people and generally behave like a hormonal 13 year old kid in my treatment of others. And I've made a new account to replace my banned one in order to come here and whine about it."

You appear to validate your existence on these forums by purposefully misrepresenting what others say.

What did I actually say? Because so far it is clear that you don’t get it.

My message wasn’t for sycophants such as yourself that lack awareness. That message is for the brass. It’s up to them if they chose to listen. The indication lately has been that they are checked out.

cd288
03-11-2024, 03:08 PM
You appear to validate your existence on these forums by purposefully misrepresenting what others say.

What did I actually say? Because so far it is clear that you don’t get it.

My message wasn’t for sycophants such as yourself that lack awareness. That message is for the brass. It’s up to them if they chose to listen. The indication lately has been that they are checked out.

Doesn't seem like they'd have much appetite for someone who is complaining about not being able to insult/mistreat people on the forums.

Gotrex
03-11-2024, 03:20 PM
You haven't indicated that you know what the brass is thinking or what they are up to. Neither have they. They have chosen to indicate that there is a hands off approach by their participation on these forums. In other eras it existed in ways it currently does not.

Why you defend new rules that hurt other people you may not have liked in the same digital home that you with share says something about you. Short sighted. Those that point fingers at each other instead of those that craft and create the culture here are missing something.

reznor_
03-11-2024, 03:42 PM
rnf used to have a lot more spice, RIP. It was fun to read guild vs. guild or player vs. player fights when there were actual consequences. Now it's just like, 6 autists posting weird trash that no one should care to read (I hit reply after I read the first page of this post, for instance).

And to confirm my suspicion, I just read through the last 7 pages. Not a one of you mentioned the fun RnF that took place back at least, in the days I raided on blue (2018-2020). I enjoyed RnF back then, now it's garbage, and this garbage is represented in the past 7 pages of opinions from the posters here. There are actually some of you who used to RnF with the best of em, too.

Duik
03-11-2024, 03:54 PM
The Brass.
"They" are out to get me. Or in this case, not out to get me.
You are creating a problem where there is none. You have a raid problem? Voice it and call someone from that other ugly team out. Call them names and challenge their skills as a player.
You did none of those. Except moan (and not in the good way) so call someone a name and insult the way thwy conduct their life. Moanie McWhiner Pants.

Gotrex
03-11-2024, 03:59 PM
They simply aren’t showing interest. Players noticed. And populations migrated.

There are way less people on the boat now.

Perhaps as intended.

cd288
03-11-2024, 04:14 PM
Why you defend new rules that hurt other people you may not have liked in the same digital home that you with share says something about you. Short sighted. Those that point fingers at each other instead of those that craft and create the culture here are missing something.

Sorry that you're upset that people finally decided to uphold the rules of the forums and penalize people for being rude, insulting, crass, etc.

These forums have been so much more pleasant since then. Thank you staff and hats off for you for becoming more hands on and enforcing the rules here!

Gotrex
03-11-2024, 04:20 PM
If the intent was to lower the population of players that enjoy this server then mission accomplished.

I'm not upset. You continue to misrepresent every word that I've said. Instead I pointed out that staff chased away hundreds of players in the last three months.

Perhaps as intended.

Pulgasari
03-11-2024, 04:26 PM

Sent you a PM.

cd288
03-11-2024, 04:30 PM
If the intent was to lower the population of players that enjoy this server then mission accomplished.

I'm not upset. You continue to misrepresent every word that I've said. Instead I pointed out that staff chased away hundreds of players in the last three months.

Perhaps as intended.

This argument doesn't hold up since if you check the emulator population tracker both Blue and Green have stayed mostly steady the last 3 months.

Green on 12/11 (3 months ago): 756
Green yesterday: 852

Blue on 12/11: 457
Blue yesterday: 498

Interesting, the numbers seem actually slightly higher if anything. What happened to those HUNDREDS of players that disappeared in the last 3 months?

The staff just wants to chase away people like yourself who have no decorum and want to use the forums to insult people.

Iksar_Knight001
03-11-2024, 04:44 PM
No one finds drama interesting or commercially viable

That is why you will never see it develop between online content creators, or constantly brought up and talked about by other content creators not involved with it. Or particular musicians or athletes. Or forced into reality tv shows. Or into the plots of movies and stories to make them less boring

I tune it all out, as a monk on a mission of zen and peace. I have achieved ascension

Gotrex
03-11-2024, 04:51 PM
This argument doesn't hold up since if you check the emulator population tracker both Blue and Green have stayed mostly steady the last 3 months.

Green on 12/11 (3 months ago): 756
Green yesterday: 852

Blue on 12/11: 457
Blue yesterday: 498

Interesting, the numbers seem actually slightly higher if anything. What happened to those HUNDREDS of players that disappeared in the last 3 months?

The staff just wants to chase away people like yourself who have no decorum and want to use the forums to insult people.

P99 has lost hundreds of players in the last few months. It hasn't been the most popular server for almost half a year. Staff has not indicated they want to encourage more players to play here. The first post on the P99 home page by a staff member is a indication of not wanting to increase the population. Facts are facts. I dismiss your population numbers unless pulled in a way that is closer to reality. You haven't indicated you have the skill set for that.

magnetaress
03-11-2024, 04:55 PM
I miss old p99 circa 2009-2015.

Best years.

booter
03-11-2024, 05:33 PM
P99 has lost hundreds of players in the last few months. It hasn't been the most popular server for almost half a year. Staff has not indicated they want to encourage more players to play here. The first post on the P99 home page by a staff member is a indication of not wanting to increase the population. Facts are facts. I dismiss your population numbers unless pulled in a way that is closer to reality. You haven't indicated you have the skill set for that.

... are you talking about the no politics rule still? are you suggesting that this is killing p99?

Duik
03-11-2024, 05:50 PM
There are way less people on the boat now.

Does quarm have boats?

magnetaress
03-11-2024, 06:07 PM
775 of them at least.

Trexller
03-11-2024, 06:46 PM

You're better? lol

Pulgasari
03-11-2024, 08:48 PM
No one finds drama interesting or commercially viable

That is why you will never see it develop between online content creators, or constantly brought up and talked about by other content creators not involved with it. Or particular musicians or athletes. Or forced into reality tv shows. Or into the plots of movies and stories to make them less boring

I tune it all out, as a monk on a mission of zen and peace. I have achieved ascension

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GD_-S5JWoAAJUtB.jpg

Pulgasari
03-11-2024, 09:00 PM
You're better? lol

He has a very low opinion of the things he didn't like reading that he kept reading because ???

Duik
03-11-2024, 09:19 PM

Iksar_Knight001
03-11-2024, 10:37 PM

I don’t play on Quarm so I wouldn’t know, but I imagine any population change in game is 99% related to Quarm coming out, little to nothing to do with here

I don’t think most players check this forum, only a small %. Even before the bans

Pulgasari
03-12-2024, 12:01 AM
I don’t think most players check this forum, only a small %. Even before the bans

They closed our social group(s) too, which isn't visible on the forum unless you go looking for it.

Toxigen
03-12-2024, 09:01 AM
they just ban people they dont like on discord anyway

Gotrex
03-12-2024, 01:47 PM
There is not a single member of staff that is getting paid enough to enforce the current policies. It’s one thing to be part of a group of people who love EQ that is passionately sharing a game you loved from a quarter century ago. It is another thing altogether to be actively attacking and silencing people for opinions and politics you disagree with.

At this point staff, by their lack of posting on p99 forums lately, have indicated they do not want to participate on these boards as posters that are part of the same community as everyone else that posts. Instead they do not use these boards themselves and censor those players that do.

If there isn’t a staff member that hasn’t questioned the last two or three months of unnecessary attacks on p99 forums users then there is not a good mechanism for staff to disagree with their seniors here. It is very possible those that work here are having their voice lent to workplace proclamations without their consent. When something is signed p99 staff instead of by an individual I can tell that voices have been internally squashed. Not a good look.

What’s the solution? Participation. Come and talk with your players. As people. Not as false kings.

Ciderpress
03-12-2024, 03:39 PM
You have to remember that this is free, so there is no basis on which to criticize anything. You also can't blame them for creating and enforcing rules at random like a schizophrenic. This is free.

booter
03-12-2024, 05:14 PM
tell us your banned account name gotrex lol

i have two good guesses based on the content and style of your posts, but would rather you just be honest with everyone here on these precious forums

Duik
03-12-2024, 05:41 PM
Gotrex: I can't "they" could be watching.

Mods prolly don't post here cuz all many posters want is to fill it with red v blue hate fuelled rants to "prove" they team is betterer.
Once a discussion starts to be a repeated screaching of the same things by the same people with neither side conceding a point it is just an argument.

This is what (i feel) they stopped. With the added bonus of revealing the conspiracy theorists among us.

reznor_
03-12-2024, 05:45 PM
The Brass.
"They" are out to get me. Or in this case, not out to get me.
You are creating a problem where there is none. You have a raid problem? Voice it and call someone from that other ugly team out. Call them names and challenge their skills as a player.
You did none of those. Except moan (and not in the good way) so call someone a name and insult the way thwy conduct their life. Moanie McWhiner Pants.

who are you replying to?

Pulgasari
03-12-2024, 06:13 PM
Gotrex: I can't "they" could be watching.

Mods prolly don't post here cuz all many posters want is to fill it with red v blue hate fuelled rants to "prove" they team is betterer.
Once a discussion starts to be a repeated screaching of the same things by the same people with neither side conceding a point it is just an argument.

This is what (i feel) they stopped. With the added bonus of revealing the conspiracy theorists among us.

We were making progress and got interrupted.

Duik
03-12-2024, 06:17 PM
We were making progress and got interrupted.

What, no picture words this time?

Duik
03-12-2024, 06:26 PM
who are you replying to?

All of the whiney complainers who feel that something is owed them by anyone here.
There is no tacit agreement thay by playing and posting here we get to define anything.

The only things we can control is the content and intent of our posts and the rep gained ingame by being a douche or standup fella.

Here is a clue for ya.
Post exactly how you wish to, say what you want. Place any content in there that you like.
Wait a lil bit, if its still available and you are not banned you passed the test.
If not, cry somewhere else. Cuz that's all you can do.

Gotrex
03-12-2024, 07:18 PM
You have to remember that this is free, so there is no basis on which to criticize anything. You also can't blame them for creating and enforcing rules at random like a schizophrenic. This is free.

The reason p99 offers free accounts to players is because p99 wants to stay in the good graces of Daybreak legally by remaining non-profit and also because it wants new players to join up to play without a barrier to entry. A product or service being free does not make it beyond constructive criticism. Often times when a product or service is free: you are the product. If you are the product then criticism of a free service is merited.

Trexller
03-12-2024, 07:27 PM
Gotrex

"if a service is free, then you are the product" is only true if the platform monetizes the users

P99 doesn't monetize it's users

you're dumb and you suck at forum questing

go make a new forum acct, I don't wanna see my name in your posts

Pulgasari
03-12-2024, 08:26 PM
What, no picture words this time?

Just saying dumdums should stay out of it and not go tattling to the mods.

Gotrex
03-12-2024, 08:48 PM
Gotrex

"if a service is free, then you are the product" is only true if the platform monetizes the users

P99 doesn't monetize it's users

you're dumb and you suck at forum questing

go make a new forum acct, I don't wanna see my name in your posts

Go check the mirror about including others names in posts.

Monetization is not required for you to be the product of a free service. If that free service is advertising the popularity of it’s user base as part of the draw for others to use the service then the user base is the product. P99 advertises it’s popularity on it’s front page.

The time you spend here is used as a means to bring others in to this server. Because you are not compensated for your time does not mean that you are not the product. Each user that sticks around contributes to high population here and that in turn is a social proof to new players looking at which server to play on.

The question is whether those in charge of the server are interested in growing the server or instead are interested in managed decline. Evidence points to the latter.

Duik
03-12-2024, 10:17 PM
Just saying dumdums should stay out of it and not go tattling to the mods.

Haha. Hehe. As if I have any say in who reads what and what gets acted upon.

All im seeing here is a bunch of entitled manbabies unable to ween themselves off being able to rant, rave and wax lyrical about things they are afraid of.
Things they are not in control of.
Things they hate because hating is easier than admitting to fear.
Fear is only for the weak.

Things changing around here is like ya mother (finally) charging you to live in the basement.
In this case your mother (hehe) is the mods and the rent is being growed up about what spews from your mouth.

So, pay the rent or find somewhere else to live.

Of course, since i have no say what-so-ever here and I am unafraid to be wrong it could be a conspiracy and we are in fact being monetized somehow.

Hows that? Did I get that right?
Mark out of 10 and spelling/grammar correction always welcome.

Pulgasari
03-13-2024, 12:09 AM

All im seeing here is a bunch of entitled manbabies unable to ween themselves off being able to rant, rave and wax lyrical about things they are afraid of.

Things changing around here is like ya mother (finally) charging you to live in the basement.
In this case your mother (hehe) is the mods and the rent is being growed up about what spews from your mouth.

Of course, since i have no say what-so-ever here and I am unafraid to be wrong it could be a conspiracy and we are in fact being monetized somehow.

no, not you, I'm talking about the chapos and the goons making a mess of everything they touch.

Horrible idiots, really.

Pulgasari
03-13-2024, 12:14 AM
And since you mentioned it - fear is useful. Just don't let it overpower you.

Iksar_Knight001
03-13-2024, 04:45 AM
Go check the mirror about including others names in posts.

Monetization is not required for you to be the product of a free service. If that free service is advertising the popularity of it’s user base as part of the draw for others to use the service then the user base is the product. P99 advertises it’s popularity on it’s front page.

The time you spend here is used as a means to bring others in to this server. Because you are not compensated for your time does not mean that you are not the product. Each user that sticks around contributes to high population here and that in turn is a social proof to new players looking at which server to play on.

The question is whether those in charge of the server are interested in growing the server or instead are interested in managed decline. Evidence points to the latter.

Most free games have either in-app purchases or ads to still make money. Therefore these games would care about feedback to not lose their advertisers/ maybe gain more advertisers/ and more players means more in-app purchases and ad views. So they would want more players

But a better comparison for an emulated server would be like Red Cross where it’s all volunteers and donation funded. They would want more volunteers and that’s it. If anything they would want less users because that would mean less resources needed. But they would also listen to feedback because feedback matters more when it’s serious real life stuff. And also to use resources better

P99 doesn’t need to worry about keeping advertisers, and if anything they would want less players, not more. Because they are probably not getting enough extra in donations to handle the hassle of more. So no practical reason to improve. You can get what you get. Or you can get worse. Or you can get nothing at all

magnetaress
03-13-2024, 06:05 AM
It's the goal of like red cross or whatever to end world hunger.

P99s stated goal was to be a digital museum of sorts. It's mostly accomplished this.

magnetaress
03-13-2024, 06:16 AM
no, not you, I'm talking about the chapos and the goons making a mess of everything they touch.

Horrible idiots, really.

Which am I?

I miss unsunghero. And that crazy princess with the broken arms.

There was literally like only three ppl who where really obnoxious and two of them are still around and cooled their jets since the other two are gone/ incognito.

Butt yeah it sucks. I want to post butt 9 outa 10 times I don't now.

Toxigen
03-13-2024, 08:39 AM
p99 knows what kind of porn you crank it to

Pulgasari
03-13-2024, 09:06 PM
p99 knows what kind of porn you crank it to

https://elephant.art/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Ceiling_Cat_by_SleepySnitter.jpg

Trexller
03-14-2024, 12:26 AM
Ceiling Cat must be a perv that likes it really weird

magnetaress
03-14-2024, 06:01 AM
Ceiling cat is a freak.

Duik
03-14-2024, 06:23 AM
Was the hole cut first then cat entered or was cat trapped in ceiling (and padding around up there) and owner cut hole for escape?

One scenario is cool.
The other is just lame.

magnetaress
03-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Was the hole cut first then cat entered or was cat trapped in ceiling (and padding around up there) and owner cut hole for escape?

One scenario is cool.
The other is just lame.

i think it is just photospopped probably no cat abuse needed

arvidez
03-14-2024, 12:22 PM

they arent charging rent, they went fundamental baptist.

Trexller
03-14-2024, 02:14 PM

IMO some amateur dude was about to install a ceiling box for like a fan or other fixture

he took his cat into the attic for shits and giggles

cat, being curious found the hole in the ceiling and inspected it.

cat, immediately regrets his innate curiousity, as he witnessed his human furiously jacking it, during a well earned break from home improvement efforts.

cat, has never again taken to his scratching post

cat, ran away from home and years later was found having become the leader of a Cambodian militia tribe, when asked why he decided to become a warlord, cat was quoted as saying only:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/5yuC2vIsQJdoA/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522x6yydruith5sex750w3884x7h7l hul7h2kwmvqr&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

arc
03-20-2024, 03:40 PM

u sound offended

2 words for u:

ha ha

bluntfang
03-21-2024, 02:44 PM
racist tears are delicious

Trexller
03-21-2024, 03:03 PM
racist tears are delicious

you lick racist faces?

that's disgusting bro

arvidez
03-21-2024, 09:09 PM
talking politics here, you end up with either a toothpaste mustache or a dirty sanchez.

magnetaress
03-22-2024, 11:24 AM
I would like to consider myself a moderate.

We need strong borders. A good social safety net. And crackheads should be able to have a good life butt definitely not free to do drugs and live on the street. Property owners should have better jurisdiction and be able to just call the cops up to round up the crackheads.

Caveat tho: we all chip in and make a nice place to put the crackheads. Not open air prisons where they hand out free crack.

Also smoking anything in public should be illegal. Also illegal in residential suburbs. Edibles and pills should be psychiatric. Regulated just like every other medicine. And people should be allowed palliative care with opiods. Even if they are gonna die in 2-3 years. And not in like just a month. And mental illness should be considered as serious as car accidents chopping ppls dicks off. We. Our. Society. Our culture. America. And it's corporations are mentally injuring people at an alarming rate with poisonous toxic bullshit. And that includes ad companies. They should be held accountable and made to pay the price.

magnetaress
03-22-2024, 11:24 AM

We need strong borders. A good social safety net. And crackheads should be able to have a good life butt definitely not free to do drugs and live on the street. Property owners should have better jurisdiction and be able to just call the cops up to round up the crackheads.

Caveat tho: we all chip in and make a nice place to put the crackheads. Not open air prisons where they hand out free crack.

Also smoking anything in public should be illegal. Also illegal in residential suburbs. Edibles and pills should be psychiatric. Regulated just like every other medicine. And people should be allowed palliative care with opiods. Even if they are gonna die in 2-3 years. And not in like just a month. And mental illness should be considered as serious as car accidents chopping ppls dicks off. We. Our. Society. Our culture. America. And it's corporations are mentally injuring people at an alarming rate with poisonous toxic bullshit. And that includes ad companies. They should be held accountable and made to pay the price.

And required to help fix it. Sorry Marlboro bros.

bluntfang
03-23-2024, 11:33 AM

remember that time you freaked out because i asked you to stop saying retard?

magnetaress
03-23-2024, 11:50 AM
That was a really long time ago. And since I have sparingly used that word.

arvidez
03-23-2024, 01:15 PM

can we still say 'freaked out'. how do you know?

Pulgasari
03-23-2024, 01:16 PM

Can I still say arrogate?

As in, what made you arrogate this authority to yourself?

Sadre Spinegnawer
03-23-2024, 01:27 PM

One scenario is cool.
The other is just lame.
https://i.imgur.com/0XUItR3.jpeg
Another senseless waste of angel counting.

arvidez
03-23-2024, 01:57 PM

migrants-males 17+ serve in military for 4 years.
pot should be illegal(rejected by polite society). it most definitely shouldn't be available at the corner quickie pickie.
palliative care for pain not fear or finance (i def woulda clubbed my mother. god bless medical clubbing).
we saw the mental crisis coming...phones arent going anywhere. culture isn't handed down through parents as it used to be.

Pulgasari
03-23-2024, 06:47 PM
god bless medical clubbing).

:D

magnetaress
03-23-2024, 09:59 PM
migrants-males 17+ serve in military for 4 years.
pot should be illegal(rejected by polite society). it most definitely shouldn't be available at the corner quickie pickie.
palliative care for pain not fear or finance (i def woulda clubbed my mother. god bless medical clubbing).
we saw the mental crisis coming...phones arent going anywhere. culture isn't handed down through parents as it used to be.

Thank you for being sensible. Glad some people are.

Sadre Spinegnawer
03-24-2024, 04:55 PM
I have an old college friend that sends me texts about Carol Burnett Show episodes. He watches All in the Family and cheers for Archie. He watches the Honeymooners every night.

The Honeymooners only has 39 episodes -- one season.

He's in his mid 50's. Married. One kid, from a previous relationship, a son, currently in prison for attempted murder. And he's retarded himself in many other really strange ways. He does not watch any professional sports because "It's all gay."

----

Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherised upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question …
Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”
Let us go and make our visit.

https://i.imgur.com/vzWMOhU.jpeg

Hasbinbad
03-24-2024, 05:18 PM
open the borders

mandatory gun safety training & ownership (can choose musket if you "don't like guns, but you must still keep it in good working order). militias encouraged.

use rights vs. exclusionary land ownership

burn all of the money

lay-abouts and hustlers equally respected with minimum and maximum wages & systems of social & professional recognition, but no matter what, everyone eats before anyone gets seconds.

you can think whatever you want, but stop mutilating baby genitals & brainwashing children.

Pulgasari
03-24-2024, 10:56 PM
open the borders

mandatory gun safety training & ownership (can choose musket if you "don't like guns, but you must still keep it in good working order). militias encouraged.

burn all of the money

lay-abouts and hustlers equally respected with minimum and maximum wages & systems of social & professional recognition, but no matter what, everyone eats before anyone gets seconds.

you can think whatever you want, but stop mutilating baby genitals & brainwashing children.

Does everyone eat the same thing?

Pregnant women like pickles.

magnetaress
03-25-2024, 03:19 AM
Proboeing Propoganda (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna144158) in full swing lawl.

Duik
03-25-2024, 04:57 AM
Magnet, if you are looking for Conboeing Conpoganda, It's a rare beast. Needa look harder.

Hasbinbad
03-25-2024, 07:46 AM
Does everyone eat the same thing?
No.
Pregnant women like pickles.
I believe this is somewhat of a generalization, but (un)fortunately, preservation techniques will likely be coming back into the forefront of the national consciousness soon, so she will probably get her pickles.

Pulgasari
03-25-2024, 11:44 AM
No.

I believe this is somewhat of a generalization, but (un)fortunately, preservation techniques will likely be coming back into the forefront of the national consciousness soon, so she will probably get her pickles.

Sorry, does everyone get to eat the things they want to eat?

Toxigen
03-25-2024, 11:57 AM
max verstappen DNF'd at the aussie GP

life is good

Sadre Spinegnawer
03-25-2024, 12:01 PM
In 1942 the Japanese invaded the Solomon Islands

How has anything really changed?

magnetaress
03-25-2024, 12:15 PM
In 1942 the Japanese invaded the Solomon Islands

How has anything really changed?

I bet the world would be a better place if the Japanese Empire succeeded in taking over the west.

magnetaress
03-25-2024, 12:18 PM
Natalist: Nothing is better than being alive.
Antinatalist: Yes, nothing IS better than being alive.

R.I.P. to the lost ones.

Pulgasari
03-26-2024, 11:04 AM
They deleted my butt thread 🥲

Sadre Spinegnawer
03-26-2024, 11:40 AM
There was a container ship simulator briefly available on GoG last night.

It wasn't a simulator. It was a remote-control app. Any android-based phone can run it.

This is a roundabout way of saying I'm sorry.

BigChief
03-26-2024, 06:33 PM

and you are still triggered by it, sad, get back in your safe space, snowflakes made you sad

Hasbinbad
03-26-2024, 10:21 PM
Sorry, does everyone get to eat the things they want to eat?
If those things are pickled vegetables, The People can probably hook it up.

If you want sturgeon eggs, you're probably going on a list.

Pulgasari
03-26-2024, 11:06 PM
If those things are pickled vegetables, The People can probably hook it up.

If you want sturgeon eggs, you're probably going on a list.

Pickling takes time. How far ahead do you plan this and what do you do if someone doesn't finish their pickle ration? Food waste is a real problem!

Hasbinbad
03-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Pickling takes time. How far ahead do you plan this and what do you do if someone doesn't finish their pickle ration? Food waste is a real problem!
Your argument is self-defeating; pickling is a preservation technique.

Pulgasari
03-26-2024, 11:21 PM
Your argument is self-defeating; pickling is a preservation technique.

You know nothing of pickles. They spoil if you take them out.

Hasbinbad
03-26-2024, 11:32 PM
You know nothing of pickles. They spoil if you take them out.
Then .. don't ??

Pulgasari
03-26-2024, 11:33 PM
Then .. don't ??

But they need a full pickle ration. Or everything you've planned get screwed up.

Multiply THAT at scale.

kaev
03-27-2024, 10:56 PM
FREE GROCER WE NEED THE MEAT SPIN WHEEL

drive-by empty quote for justice

Patriam1066
04-06-2024, 08:44 PM
open the borders

burn all of the money

So we’re becoming Laos? Great…

magnetaress
04-07-2024, 12:11 AM
Forums are all zugged out.