PDA

View Full Version : <Good Guys>

sammoHung
02-01-2024, 08:41 AM
I'll start by saying, I'm not even mad. I just think it's silly.

Spent a month raiding with <Good Guys>, generally having a pretty good time. Fairly active, DJ on raid discord, make available many roles depending on what is needed. I didn't think I was rubbing anyone the wrong way, but I suppose I was...

Got approached because there were "suspicions" that I was selling raid loot. When a "HR" messaged me telling me that GG frowns upon that, and there are ways to sell it back to the guild, I responded with a "Got it, thanks."

This "HR" reported to the guild that my response was flippant and dismissive. This caused people to vote against keeping me in guild.

After a messy CT, and getting harassed by other guilds to concede, (after GG already announced the intent to drop CT) I said in ooc "This game and server suck." Someone from competing guild said something along the lines of "Cry about it, Sammo." And I responded, "suck a CT rod." and left.

This got screenshotted and was a hot topic of discussion for the guild as well. This caused more members to vote against me staying.

So after a month of pretty active raiding, and generally getting along with the guild members and trying to be helpful, I was voted off the island. It's quite silly. The two sticking points I was given (above) for why I was booted are silly. As I said, I'm not even mad. But, you all have to realize how silly that is?

I'm not reading any responses. Trash me all you want, RnF. P99 has had it's ups and downs these last 2 years. I won't see you around in game. On to better things.

Infectious
02-01-2024, 09:04 AM
Good job getting kicked from the guild that will take anybody with a pulse.

WarpathEQ
02-01-2024, 10:23 AM
Please tell me they told you to suck a CT rod on the way out :D that would really put a bow on this story.

Bboboo
02-01-2024, 11:43 AM
Well...

What loot did you sell and for how much?

Toxigen
02-01-2024, 12:13 PM
welcome to p99

nphixion
02-01-2024, 03:08 PM
Boy you tellin hella fibs but I’m glad you’re not mad. Next time don’t sell raid loot on a registered character on the website. Don’t let the door hit you and your 5-60s on the way out. Also: let me have your gear ��

Toxigen
02-01-2024, 03:43 PM
selling raid loot is standard practice

hope this helps

Evia
02-01-2024, 04:02 PM
tWSdHMOtblc

WipeItClean2024
02-01-2024, 06:47 PM
Selling raid loot is indeed classic

Nothing to see here

Smoofers
02-01-2024, 06:49 PM
gr8 b8 m8

Trexller
02-02-2024, 02:15 AM

hope this helps

Selling raid loot is indeed classic

Nothing to see here

Troxx
02-02-2024, 07:32 AM

hope this helps

Yeah this.

Why the hell would it be frowned upon?

Duik
02-02-2024, 08:34 AM
So this thread is sorta answered so OT from me.
So a dropable raid loot that you DKP auction and win/deserve or however it works. Is yours but you canny sell it? Is that what this thread is about?

Endorra
02-02-2024, 10:07 AM
OP I know you're not reading replies but please read this one.

Can I have your stuff?

PatChapp
02-02-2024, 12:33 PM
How did you get caught,did you sell it on discord or something.
Sell your raid loot on toons noone knows,hope this helps.

Ciderpress
02-02-2024, 04:34 PM
So this thread is sorta answered so OT from me.
So a dropable raid loot that you DKP auction and win/deserve or however it works. Is yours but you canny sell it? Is that what this thread is about?

Of course you can't sell a piece of droppable or MQable loot you got on a raid and bid and won on fair and square using your earned DKP, and also a bunch of other people also got super nice gear for your having been there to help with the raid.

That would be crazy.

Ciderpress
02-02-2024, 04:36 PM
You can't just use your dkp to buy stuff because you put in a bunch of time to earn that dkp, which specifically means you *weren't* bidding on very much in order to be able to accrue a large total in the first place.

Even with a totally fair system like dkp, people still get mad that others have more.

Viscere
02-02-2024, 07:01 PM
P99 really is dead wtf is this sorry ass rnf

Ciderpress
02-02-2024, 07:02 PM
P99 really is dead wtf is this sorry ass rnf

"Enter at your own risk".

Of what, I'm not sure.

aussenseiter
02-03-2024, 12:36 AM
It is the usual custom that only officers can sell raid loot (such as dragon scales)

They will make a deal to ensure you get Vindi BPs for a trade.

Trexller
02-03-2024, 01:32 AM
Daily reminder that in free societies, selling raid loot is par for the course and encouraged.

OP is a legend

Good guys finish last.

Videri
02-03-2024, 03:15 AM
One day later, <Good Guys> leadership adjusted their rules to allow selling of raid loot. the end

fortior
02-03-2024, 11:01 AM
it's not about selling raid loot being good or bad, allowed or not allowed, it's about being able to go 30 days without breaking guild rules

30 days of pretending to be a likeable person. that's all it takes.

Phoku
02-03-2024, 11:06 AM
Not hard to finish a 30 day app period without breaking a guilds rules.

Sounds like you came here to find a shoulder to cry on, but forgot this is RNF

Trexller
02-03-2024, 04:23 PM
Not hard to finish a 30 day app period without breaking a guilds rules.

Sounds like you came here to find a shoulder to cry on, but forgot this is RNF

Daily reminder that in free societies, selling raid loot is par for the course and encouraged.

OP is a legend

Good guys finish last.

Duik
02-03-2024, 06:10 PM
it's not about selling raid loot being good or bad, allowed or not allowed, it's about being able to go 30 days without breaking guild rules

30 days of pretending to be a likeable person. that's all it takes.

So selling raid loot is OK bit only if can pretend (if you arent one already...) to be a <good guy>?
Does this rule serve any other purpose other than to stop complete arseholes from selling raid loot too soon?
So DKP is earnt on a per raid basis? More raids more DKP?
So really ya cant get to high lvls of DKP without either having zero life OR spending lots of months raiding. Luck. Does it have to do with luck as well? Winning the auction and all.
Sounds like an awful lot of rules to follow to become an elite raid gamer.
Welcome to RuleQuest.

Ciderpress
02-03-2024, 08:00 PM
I'd like to start a guild where your app status is only pushed forward if you *do* break guild rules within the first 30 days.

We're not so boring in this guild.

Trexller
02-04-2024, 01:24 AM
I'd like to start a guild where your app status is only pushed forward if you *do* break guild rules within the first 30 days.

We're not so boring in this guild.

where do i sign up?!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/sDcfxFDozb3bO/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952tht7hwematmrteta29cu7oae7m8w wpjc5x5n5oxe&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

wagorf
02-04-2024, 02:19 AM
thinking something is silly doesn't lead to you to take the time/effort to post here and check replies every so often

you care so much and you are mad. you lost dkp, lost the opportunity to raid continuously, lost the only thing that keeps you from playing the game you've invested countless hours on

sorry but the truth hurts, don't be a basement wuss and take it like man and just suck it up

Duik
02-04-2024, 02:35 AM
So many assumptions. So little time.
DKP (in some instances) seems to be little more than a Pyramid scheme.
Get in early and ya all good. Johnny come lately and ya fucked.
Join a guild.
Be le good boy.
And by be le good boy they dont just mean do the job you are assigned, and do it well you also need to be restricted in an arbitrary way (that we decide).
Sorry ya lost me there. And im not even the OP. Call me madz though cuz it'll make you feel better!

Ciderpress
02-04-2024, 06:04 PM
It's true, if you want the best loot in the game it may require being in a guild for a long time. I still don't see a problem with dkp. Awarding dkp for things where no biddable loot drops inflates numbers, but every guild member has equal access to that mechanic of inflation upon joining (assuming they're willing to help with stuff that is guaranteed not to benefit them). Any way you slice it, attending more shit gets you the pixels you desire eventually. I dunno what the alternative is. Loot council is *way* more gatekeepy and ripe for abuse.

aussenseiter
02-04-2024, 11:07 PM
Still in favor of DKP haircuts. My last guild people a few people gamed the system to accrue ludicrously high totals. They've since left because they "weren't getting what they deserved."

Rager and Quitter
02-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Imagine spending more time than a part time job dedicated to getting people in your guild pixels and shit, then when you finally spend your DKP (you earned, by the way) for something and you want some extra plat, maybe for a new alt, or some additional toys for your characters, you can't sell it, all the while people do the same shit on a guildless level 5 bard in EC tunnel and you get slapped on the wrist for it. Fucking hilarious. Also, what's a guild going to do with a million plat? Recharge WC caps? Do you need a million plat for that?

cd288
02-05-2024, 03:49 PM
I'll start by saying, I'm not even mad. I just think it's silly.

Spent a month raiding with <Good Guys>, generally having a pretty good time. Fairly active, DJ on raid discord, make available many roles depending on what is needed. I didn't think I was rubbing anyone the wrong way, but I suppose I was...

Got approached because there were "suspicions" that I was selling raid loot. When a "HR" messaged me telling me that GG frowns upon that, and there are ways to sell it back to the guild, I responded with a "Got it, thanks."

This "HR" reported to the guild that my response was flippant and dismissive. This caused people to vote against keeping me in guild.

After a messy CT, and getting harassed by other guilds to concede, (after GG already announced the intent to drop CT) I said in ooc "This game and server suck." Someone from competing guild said something along the lines of "Cry about it, Sammo." And I responded, "suck a CT rod." and left.

This got screenshotted and was a hot topic of discussion for the guild as well. This caused more members to vote against me staying.

So after a month of pretty active raiding, and generally getting along with the guild members and trying to be helpful, I was voted off the island. It's quite silly. The two sticking points I was given (above) for why I was booted are silly. As I said, I'm not even mad. But, you all have to realize how silly that is?

I'm not reading any responses. Trash me all you want, RnF. P99 has had it's ups and downs these last 2 years. I won't see you around in game. On to better things.

The flippant part is a bit silly, although admittedly it would irk me somewhat if I were them because what does it cost you to be polite?

The /ooc isn't really a silly one at all. It's a pretty common expectation in the raiding guilds on here that you don't engage in shit talking with another guild in /ooc during a raid. Officers should be the only way engaging with the other guild(s) in that setting. Great way to risk staff discipline being imposed on the entire guild. So that alone could merit being removed or at the very least a DKP penalty or something.

WarpathEQ
02-07-2024, 12:10 PM
Highly recommend you get some tips from Pikertrading the most prolific seller of GG raid loot in the game. They've sold millions of plat worth of GG raid loot I'm sure they could teach you how to do it and get a pat on the back instead of shown the door.

Videri
02-07-2024, 02:39 PM
I’m serious. GG just changed their rules. They allow selling raid loot.

It sounded to me like they had been meaning to change the rule, but hadn’t gotten around to it for some reason, which I can understand.

Ratchet51
02-10-2024, 08:24 PM
When I was in GG we were a little more clever about stealing pixels from people... Obviously, things have changed.