PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up a shadowknight.

wuanahto
01-31-2024, 10:13 PM
Made it to level 49 and I used Harmtouch like 3 times. it was lifesaving once.

Also why are pure int casters so god damn mean when it comes to Specter camps?

Ciderpress
01-31-2024, 10:47 PM
Harmtouch is for when you're about to die, but sk mobs just fire it instantly so the first time I tried playing an sk that's what I tried too, and it diiiiiidn't work out. I have nothing but respect for anyone who mains an SK to 60.

aussenseiter
02-01-2024, 12:06 AM
SKs are OK after the exp penalty goes away.

Unfortunately everyone else is done experiencing their 15th alt by then.

skulldudes
02-02-2024, 01:13 PM
HT rules when you catch an add finishing off another mob, use it plenty when ogre guard pathers (inexplicably) sneak up on me

eqravenprince
02-02-2024, 02:39 PM
I use HT all the time when I first break up a camp of 3. If healer is one of them, I start with that one, and HT at 40% health and if that doesn't kill them outright, I have slam ready to interrupt the heal. Once camp is broken, I won't need HT.

Ciderpress
02-02-2024, 04:30 PM
It kinda sucks that HT can be resisted too. Not really a fair analog to paladins, whose long-cooldown class specific CH can't be "resisted", cause it's a heal.

chevy79bu
02-12-2024, 11:31 AM
Harm touch should have had a life tap ability tied to it then it would have been useful and actually save you once in a while. I have always said that about the harm touch ability. Even Brad made one mistake...well maybe a few...

DeathsSilkyMist
02-12-2024, 12:08 PM
Harm touch should have had a life tap ability tied to it then it would have been useful and actually save you once in a while. I have always said that about the harm touch ability. Even Brad made one mistake...well maybe a few...

I think they were worried about HT spam in certain scenarios. You can have a bunch of SK's HT, die, get resed, and HT again on a raid target, for example.

Jimjam
02-12-2024, 03:11 PM
I think they were worried about HT spam in certain scenarios. You can have a bunch of SK's HT, die, get resed, and HT again on a raid target, for example.

I remember a bind rush strat being used on Sontalak before. I think Good Guys did it (unsure whether it was a thing that got repeated).

Videri
02-12-2024, 03:14 PM
I use HT all the time when I first break up a camp of 3. If healer is one of them, I start with that one, and HT at 40% health and if that doesn't kill them outright, I have slam ready to interrupt the heal. Once camp is broken, I won't need HT.

This is a clever use for it.

chevy79bu
02-12-2024, 05:00 PM

Wouldn't make it any different making HT a life tap instead of DD. Would not affect what your talking about anymore than HT does already.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-12-2024, 05:04 PM
Wouldn't make it any different making HT a life tap instead of DD. Would not affect what your talking about anymore than HT does already.

My point was simply that if they were already worried about it being too powerful, they wouldn't make it more powerful. Especially since Lifetaps weren't nerfed on live during Classic-Velious like they are on P99.

Nostalgiabait
02-20-2024, 02:49 PM
I haven't played SK but I can't see how it makes any sense to wait until you're almost dead to use HT. If I had that power on a toon I'd use it on the first appropriate target every time it refreshed, which would give many more uses than the save-it-for-emergencies approach.

Danth
02-20-2024, 03:58 PM
Only time I save HT is if I expect the possibility someone might try to kill-steal something. It's useful to help with KS prevention, especially on the lower HP-type named solo melee's might be camping. Otherwise I tend to use it on cooldown because, why not? Weak as it is, may as well get some use out of it.

Toxigen
02-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Breaking camp is best answer so far.

cd288
02-20-2024, 04:09 PM
I haven't played SK but I can't see how it makes any sense to wait until you're almost dead to use HT. If I had that power on a toon I'd use it on the first appropriate target every time it refreshed, which would give many more uses than the save-it-for-emergencies approach.

Because using it on a mob just for general DPS purposes isn't really going to benefit you that much in the long run. At that point all you're doing is reducing your downtime a little bit after 1 kill (assuming you don't still get terrible RNG post-HT and still get your HP burned down a lot by the mob).

Saving it for emergencies is much better since it can save your life if you can kill a mob (or bring it close to dead) with HT before it kills you.

The amount of hours EXPing you save by avoiding death > minimal amount of downtime you might save by killing one mob a little faster every 72 minutes

DeathsSilkyMist
02-20-2024, 04:42 PM
I tend to save HT for if I get an unlucky add or something along those lines. If the current mob I am working on is at like 40% life, I can just burn it down so I still get XP and either flop, or kill the new mob if I have enough resources.

Duik
02-20-2024, 04:59 PM
Just do what dsm says and let a thread finish. For (f)actual fucks sake.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-20-2024, 05:29 PM
Just do what dsm says and let a thread finish. For (f)actual fucks sake.

Please disregard the normal trolling from Duik. Please contribute to the thread or refrain from posting nonsense. RnF is where this belongs.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-20-2024, 05:30 PM
Ah, this is RnF. The title is deceptively normal. Please disregard and continue to spout nonsense to your heart's content!

Duik
02-21-2024, 07:54 AM
A troll calling people trolls. Thats some awesome trollocaust right there.
Im just trying to help people learn factual facts from the font of all knowledge.
Im trying to help. You are too busy protecting people from trolls to hear when someone is just trying to help you help others!

Im glad that's sorted.

wuanahto
02-21-2024, 09:43 AM
got to level 51, kinda bored. fear kiting sea giants for 15 years.

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-21-2024, 11:30 AM
Solo leveling an ogre SK w/ a fungi and whatever fun gear you want is ez. Shrink potions + upper Guk + Sol A. Pay someone to log an enchanter for clarity buffs if you wish.

But that little deal ends at 50. Then what do you got? Not much.

https://i.imgur.com/qKmGIty.jpeg

cd288
02-21-2024, 11:52 AM
But that little deal ends at 50. Then what do you got? Not much.

You mean you don't find it exciting and fun to kill Grik the Exile, the Everfrost guards, or that Gnoll in Iceclad for hundreds of hours?

DeathsSilkyMist
02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
You mean you don't find it exciting and fun to kill Grik the Exile, the Everfrost guards, or that Gnoll in Iceclad for hundreds of hours?

You can do Felwithe Guards to 55 and then PoM Rat Maze to 60. Howling stones works for your mid to upper 50s too. Solo SK's have a decent amount of camp variety past level 50.

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-21-2024, 12:26 PM
You can do it, but it's suddenly much more unpleasant. I stopped before Velious came out here. And since I had solod I did not really know the class utility much. The best thing about it was being able to fd and then go afk and then pick up at respawn, or whenever. Sloth.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-21-2024, 12:50 PM
You can do it, but it's suddenly much more unpleasant. I stopped before Velious came out here. And since I had solod I did not really know the class utility much. The best thing about it was being able to fd and then go afk and then pick up at respawn, or whenever. Sloth.

I agree that level 50+ can be a slog. A lot of fun zones/camps green out. I find soloing on an SK fun. Fear kiting is a fun mechanic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDvk3udrhI