PDA

View Full Version : Happy merge year

Zwieback
01-15-2024, 07:08 PM
Green blue red

Rager and Quitter
01-15-2024, 08:24 PM
That mix sounds like PooPoo Brown Server.

magnetaress
01-15-2024, 08:47 PM
Project Abandoned.

Bardp1999
01-16-2024, 12:27 AM
Merge blue into green and not green into blue - if i lose my fire pot bind I will write lots of angry words on this forum

Videri
01-16-2024, 01:07 AM
Merge blue into green and not green into blue - if i lose my fire pot bind I will write lots of angry words on this forum

Don’t fret, buddy. Why would character binds be affected or changed?

boromn
01-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Is this ever going to ACTUALLY happen? This seems to be brought up a lot.

Evia
01-16-2024, 07:35 PM
Is this ever going to ACTUALLY happen? This seems to be brought up a lot.

The truth is nobody knows. Nothing has been said officially.

With that said, I highly doubt it

Evia
01-16-2024, 07:35 PM
Project Abandoned.

Bardp1999
01-16-2024, 08:59 PM
Don’t fret, buddy. Why would character binds be affected or changed?

I guarantee binds will not survive a server merge

magnetaress
01-16-2024, 11:04 PM
I guarantee binds will not survive a server merge

Good thing.

cd288
01-17-2024, 12:28 PM
The truth is nobody knows. Nothing has been said officially.

With that said, I highly doubt it

I think odds are high that it will happen at some point. They walked back a definite merge at launch because the pop was so high. The pop is low now so there's no reason to keep paying for two servers in the long term.

So I would guess if Rogean and Nilbog ever decide they want to launch a new Green then they'll merge the two current PvE servers because the pop isn't high enough to support 3 of them.

WarpathEQ
01-17-2024, 04:15 PM
I think odds are high that it will happen at some point. They walked back a definite merge at launch because the pop was so high. The pop is low now so there's no reason to keep paying for two servers in the long term.

So I would guess if Rogean and Nilbog ever decide they want to launch a new Green then they'll merge the two current PvE servers because the pop isn't high enough to support 3 of them.

Probably better quality of life to pay for a 2nd server than deal with more than double the complaints and raid issues when you combine 2 severs who individually are highly contesting all the end game content and make them compete for 1 set of mobs/loot. Its not like there are highly valued mobs that are just sitting there unpursued on each server.

We would have to get beyond the point where quaking on a virtually weekly basis is necessary before entertaining the idea that combinging 2 servers would go well at all.

Evia
01-17-2024, 04:45 PM

You really think Rog and Nil are going to do another server? This is why I don’t think we will ever merge. The communication here has dried up and it appears interest is absent.

Launching green was a big deal because it was when they could roll out updates exactly like live did. Now that that has ran its course what other reasons would they have to launch another one? Especially when they seem prett Mia for the most part.

cd288
01-17-2024, 06:51 PM
Probably better quality of life to pay for a 2nd server than deal with more than double the complaints and raid issues when you combine 2 severs who individually are highly contesting all the end game content and make them compete for 1 set of mobs/loot. Its not like there are highly valued mobs that are just sitting there unpursued on each server.

We would have to get beyond the point where quaking on a virtually weekly basis is necessary before entertaining the idea that combinging 2 servers would go well at all.

Most people high end raiding on Green are in the high end raiding guilds on Blue as well. You wouldn't really have an influx of high end raiding guilds after a merge. Anyone who is not raiding on Blue are the hardcores who would immediately join the new server and raid there. I'm guessing you don't really raid currently based on this comment.

cd288
01-17-2024, 06:53 PM
You really think Rog and Nil are going to do another server? This is why I don’t think we will ever merge. The communication here has dried up and it appears interest is absent.

Launching green was a big deal because it was when they could roll out updates exactly like live did. Now that that has ran its course what other reasons would they have to launch another one? Especially when they seem prett Mia for the most part.

Maybe. People didn't think Velious would ever come out after years of Kunark. People didn't think Green would ever come out after years of Blue.

If there's one thing I've learned on P99 is that even if there are years of zero communication you never know what could happen

aussenseiter
01-18-2024, 12:49 AM

Rogean posted around Christmas and nilbog posted around Thanksgiving.

Dumb narrative.

Videri
01-18-2024, 01:57 AM
Launching green was a big deal because it was when they could roll out updates exactly like live did. Now that that has ran its course what other reasons would they have to launch another one?

Because that’s the point of project 1999. Have a server going through the timeline again and again so people can experience it forever.

Evia
01-18-2024, 12:22 PM

Dumb narrative.

LOL no. The dumb narrative is you thinking a post for Christmas and Thanksgiving is communication.

cd288
01-18-2024, 12:37 PM
LOL no. The dumb narrative is you thinking a post for Christmas and Thanksgiving is communication.

Well tbf it does counter your point that they've been MIA in general. What they've been MIA on (which I think is the point you meant to make) is what their plans are for P99...are they sticking with doing another server like they said they were going to?

And tbf to Rogean/Nilbog, it's kind of hard to blame them for being MIA on that. A lot of the P99 community, especially on these forums, are quick to drag someone over the coals if something goes wrong. If they said they were planning to launch a new server this fall and merge Blue/Green, and they missed that deadline, they'd suffer a lot of shit from a bunch of people. So there's no real benefit to them to disclose any timeline or plan because if it doesn't happen on time they get a bunch of shit for it. The only benefit to disclosing would be if P99 was visibly dying and they wanted to assure people that things were going to happen...but it's not dying so why subject themselves to abuse if by stating a plan and missing it.

aussenseiter
01-18-2024, 02:18 PM

concede rogean, nilbog was fixing bugs in Oct.

wuanahto
01-19-2024, 05:00 AM
I actually dont want a merge anymore. I recently found out how cheap as fuck everything is on blue now and spent a huge portion of my savings on like 9 alts and soloing my ass off with little if any competition. i like logging in and seeing specs uncamped. i love being able to get some giants in oot without fraps on, i liked being able to waltz into unrest with my 40 paladin and just camp most of the basement smacking shit with craslith and chilling with fungi+purpose
oh god and getting AC OOT uncamped for said alts was amazing

Zwieback
01-24-2024, 11:07 AM
I actually dont want a merge anymore. I recently found out how cheap as fuck everything is on blue now and spent a huge portion of my savings on like 9 alts and soloing my ass off with little if any competition. i like logging in and seeing specs uncamped. i love being able to get some giants in oot without fraps on, i liked being able to waltz into unrest with my 40 paladin and just camp most of the basement smacking shit with craslith and chilling with fungi+purpose
oh god and getting AC OOT uncamped for said alts was amazing

NOT CLASSIC

bhughes
01-26-2024, 10:07 PM
I heard that daybreak was sending the devs lawyer letters not to add more servers

Gustoo
01-27-2024, 01:06 AM
Project Abandoned.

Jimjam
01-27-2024, 05:46 AM

Dumb narrative.

Not only that but they were similarly quiet before green. Rogean just isn’t a loud mouth that doesn’t need to spam useless updates. The servers are up, we can play. Thats all we need communicating.

Nilbog has recently taken a period of storming through bugs, which is something we saw not long before Green appeared on the radar.

WipeItClean2024
01-28-2024, 05:57 PM
Project Abandoned.

May I suggest wiping it clean? Wipe all P99 servers and start fresh with just a single server. No more fragmented playerbase. Quarm took away too many people to support 2 truly healthy servers imo. P99 was at its best when peak player count was 1000-1300ish on Blue. Neither server gets anywhere near that anymore and they're both worse off for it.

wuanahto
01-29-2024, 01:56 PM
that post on guide applications being accepted only for blue kinda puts a damper on the idea that the servers are merging anytime soon

boromn
01-29-2024, 05:55 PM
P99 was at its best when peak player count was 1000-1300ish on Blue. Neither server gets anywhere near that anymore and they're both worse off for it.

Green was literally at 950 the other day. I would say that's pretty "near" that. Not arguing that the split player base may make things less desirable, but let's at least not skew reality.

Jimjam
01-29-2024, 06:12 PM
that post on guide applications being accepted only for blue kinda puts a damper on the idea that the servers are merging anytime soon

Green confirmed merging in to blue then :)

Tann
01-29-2024, 08:06 PM
Green confirmed merging in to blue then :)

Or the current guides are getting tired of dealing with PL

Rader
01-29-2024, 10:47 PM
May I suggest wiping it clean? Wipe all P99 servers and start fresh with just a single server. No more fragmented playerbase. Quarm took away too many people to support 2 truly healthy servers imo. P99 was at its best when peak player count was 1000-1300ish on Blue. Neither server gets anywhere near that anymore and they're both worse off for it.

No

Maybe you don't give a F about your characters, or don't have any, but I and many others do. If they started wiping stuff I doubt I would keep going if I felt that new characters I rolled would only get deleted at some point down the road just because people would get jealous of my progress

Danth
01-30-2024, 08:16 AM

It possible the present policies for the guide/GM program may be influencing the lack of merge: They don't want their staff playing on the server they're active as staff on. With two servers, that's viable. When it was just blue, most of the staff also played. Red is not viable as an alternative server, and the amount of volunteer staff who want to put in significant hours at no pay for a game they can't even play has got to be vanishingly small.

hextasy
01-30-2024, 03:54 PM
nope

Ciderpress
01-30-2024, 07:11 PM
It possible the present policies for the guide/GM program may be influencing the lack of merge: They don't want their staff playing on the server they're active as staff on. With two servers, that's viable. When it was just blue, most of the staff also played. Red is not viable as an alternative server, and the amount of volunteer staff who want to put in significant hours at no pay for a game they can't even play has got to be vanishingly small.

I totally support that rule in theory (that staff shouldn't actively play on the same server they GM on, because there are obviously perverse incentives all over the place), but I honestly don't know how they can ever hope to enforce it unless the entire p99 staff has to live in a house together like big brother or something.

For that reason, I very much doubt it has anything to do with the lack of a merge.

Jimjam
01-30-2024, 07:13 PM
I totally support that rule in theory (that staff shouldn't actively play on the same server they GM on, because there are obviously perverse incentives all over the place), but I honestly don't know how they can ever hope to enforce it unless the entire p99 staff has to live in a house together like big brother or something.

For that reason, I very much doubt it has anything to do with the lack of a merge.

They could incentivise non-GM players to dob their staff mates in by offering free fungi to any player that is able to finger a staff using a player toon on the server that staff GMs.

Ciderpress
01-30-2024, 07:20 PM
They could incentivise non-GM players to dob their staff mates in by offering free fungi to any player that is able to finger a staff using a player toon on the server that staff GMs.

Finally, after 24 long years we have the answer to staff corruption: free fungis. In *no way* could that system be exploited on a free to play server.

Trexller
01-31-2024, 12:28 AM
Finally, after 24 long years we have the answer to staff corruption: free fungis.

only a mind twisted and warped by hormone pills could come up with such nonsense

aussenseiter
01-31-2024, 02:45 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/m/SC14wFp3uUUAAAAC/captain-america-i-understood-that-reference.gif